PDA

View Full Version : Fable 2 save game into Fable 3

R6soldier
09-26-2010, 09:24 PM
how will your saved game from fable 2 go into fable 3?? my saved game unfortunately got deleted...would i miss any game play because of it??

Captain Urahara
09-26-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm too lazy to pull up a source, but Lionhead stated that importing a save causes people in Fable 3 to talk about your Fable 2 hero's end-game decision. Nothing more than that.

So no, you won't miss any gameplay.

Toams07
09-27-2010, 06:36 PM
Dont think so ..
It wouldn't be good if you needed something from another game for a new game

H2O
10-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Dont think so ..
It wouldn't be good if you needed something from another game for a new game

Not a fan of the mass effect or dragon age series' then?

I really like the ability to carry over content into a sequel and i hope they start doing it with more games. :)

It's not really a case of NEEDING something from a previous game as they just set a 'cannon' outcome from the first game if there is no save to import. You just get a more personal experience if you've played the full series.

Toams07
10-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Not a fan of the mass effect or dragon age series' then?

No not really. I've seen them in people games list a few times and saw some achievements but that's it.

H2O
10-01-2010, 11:50 AM
never even tried them? :(

May be worth picking up a cheap 2nd hand copy or getting a GOTY edition with all the DLC. Along with fable & fallout they're some of the best 360 games out there.

Toams07
10-01-2010, 01:56 PM
never even tried them? :(

May be worth picking up a cheap 2nd hand copy or getting a GOTY edition with all the DLC. Along with fable & fallout they're some of the best 360 games out there.

Okay, I'll try out a demo.
Would you recommend Mass Effect 1 or 2?

H2O
10-01-2010, 02:10 PM
that's a tricky one as both are very good games. If you start with one and like it you can then import your choices to two... although 2 can be played on it's own as it'll use a default back story and fills you in on the important plot lines at the start.

Having said that ME1 is quite old now so may feel a bit dated.

I really don't think you'd go wrong starting with either. Two has better graphics obviously and the gameplay has been streamlined (less leveling options, weapons, armour choices etc) which actually works quite well even though i usually like lots of kit in my RPGs.

OneSweetShannon
10-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Having said that ME1 is quite old now so may feel a bit dated.

One would think, but I only just played ME1 beginning of this year and it didn't really feel dated at all. Plus, it can be picked up super cheap.

Possibly the best game I've ever played. Certainly one of the best, if not THE best story-wise.

Toams07
10-01-2010, 03:38 PM
loll.
Talking about Mass Effect and Dragon Age on the Fable III forum.
Anyway, I'm downloading ME2 demo now

Captain Urahara
10-01-2010, 03:43 PM
One would think, but I only just played ME1 beginning of this year and it didn't really feel dated at all. Plus, it can be picked up super cheap.

Possibly the best game I've ever played. Certainly one of the best, if not THE best story-wise.
^This. This this this this this!!!!

Mass Effect 1 and 2 are two of my favorite games of all time :D
The writing is top notch, the characters are incredible(Garrus is my personal favorite), and everything about the games is fantastic.
Obviously they carry the highest recommendation I can give!

And to add to my earlier comment, I believe that the Hero Statues that your Fable 2 Hero made carry over as well, but I don't know if that is true or not.

H2O
10-01-2010, 03:52 PM
back on topic,

what about the other game world altering choices we made? eg. The temples could either be built up or abandoned.. I'd think that should have some influence on Albions future..

Toams07
10-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Mass Effect 1 and 2 are two of my favorite games of all time
The writing is top notch, the characters are incredible(Garrus is my personal favorite), and everything about the games is fantastic.
Obviously they carry the highest recommendation I can give!

And to add to my earlier comment, I believe that the Hero Statues that your Fable 2 Hero made carry over as well, but I don't know if that is true or not.

I played ME2 demo and I didn't really enjoy it, but I'm more a fighting RPG (swords etc) fan than a shooter RPG.

back on topic,

what about the other game world altering choices we made? eg. The temples could either be built up or abandoned.. I'd think that should have some influence on Albions future..

I read that importing your Fable 2 save into Fable 3 save will only cause the people to talk about the choices you made in Fable 2

Captain Urahara
10-01-2010, 05:45 PM
back on topic,

Pretty much see my posts.
Importing your save causes people to discuss your Fable 2 hero's end-game decision, and possibly the Hero statues your hero made. Lionhead stated that area altering choices(Oldtown, Oakfield, Temples, etc.) don't carry over.

I played ME2 demo and I didn't really enjoy it, but I'm more a fighting RPG (swords etc) fan than a shooter RPG.
Try Dragon Age then. It's from Bioware(same as Mass Effect) who are the masters of RPGs. I didn't like it as much, but it's a good game, and all swords, bows, and magic. No guns.

Toams07
10-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Try Dragon Age then. It's from Bioware(same as Mass Effect) who are the masters of RPGs. I didn't like it as much, but it's a good game, and all swords, bows, and magic. No guns.

Yeah I know.
I watched some video's and it looks awesome.
I think I'm gonna get the Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edtition which is released this month.