PDA

View Full Version : Question about the 7 Years achievement

Whiskey Daniels
09-26-2010, 10:10 PM
So, I've just finished my first season and won the title and constructors along with every race and every pole, in the next two seasons I'll get the remaining career achievements.

After my third season the only achievement I'll be needing is the complete 7 years one, my question is can I just go to each event and DNF and carry onto the next race?

So skip P1, skip Q1, start race and crash out to DNF and go on to the next race and do the same thing, I imagine doing this would make things a lot quicker but will it count as completing a season? I don't see why it wouldn't count but I'm not going to try and attempt it, maybe someone who doesn't have the complete your first season achievement try it?

What do you guys think?

DeafSunchaser
09-26-2010, 10:47 PM
hmm great point! i never thought of that!! im on season 5 at mo and will save the file and try that ! if it dont work i will revert to my original save file! thats if no one eles has tryed it yet! :)

good thinking dude!

Scholesy22
09-26-2010, 11:43 PM
lol not a bad idea, I've actually started my 1st career as a 7 season mind so it will be a few seasons until I get all the other career achievements.

Whiskey Daniels
09-27-2010, 06:05 AM
hmm great point! i never thought of that!! im on season 5 at mo and will save the file and try that ! if it dont work i will revert to my original save file! thats if no one eles has tryed it yet! :)

good thinking dude!

let me know how it goes, really looking forward to this if it works.

iOnlyGotOneArm
09-27-2010, 09:25 AM
What I wonder is if you originally chose a 3 year career, can you continue onward after the initial, going into the 4th year? Or do you have to start a career over again from scratch? That would suck donkey bawz because in essence I would be completing 10 years.

Chesty
09-27-2010, 09:59 AM
What I wonder is if you originally chose a 3 year career, can you continue onward after the initial, going into the 4th year? Or do you have to start a career over again from scratch? That would suck donkey bawz because in essence I would be completing 10 years.

That's what I wonder, too. I started a 3 year career. :(

Whiskey Daniels
10-03-2010, 12:30 AM
So has anyone tried this? I would like to know if it works or not.

keano 01
10-03-2010, 08:18 AM
it only works for one season as at the end of the season no one wants to sign you as you did not finish a race

rogg77
10-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Ok, so if you finish 9 races(or less) and DNF 10 (or some more) races each of the remaining seasons there should be no problem.

Nanbag
10-03-2010, 11:42 AM
it only works for one season as at the end of the season no one wants to sign you as you did not finish a race ]

i was just thinking the same thing when i read the OP...BUT race normally til u get a contract offer then accept it DNF the next races, that way you know you have a seat for next season