PDA

View Full Version : Monaco GP - Mid section corner

daznrick
09-27-2010, 01:01 PM
is anyone else having a problem with the u turn in the middle of the course just before the tunnel. i cant do it AT ALL - please help!

HAiiRyJellyBean
09-27-2010, 01:03 PM
It's easy let go off the accelator and turn slowly. And obviously brake a bit.

slackydave
09-27-2010, 01:34 PM
one tip is don't brake and turn, do one then the other and just let it roll round.

pined5551
09-27-2010, 03:23 PM
one tip is don't brake and turn, do one then the other and just let it roll round.

Yeah, I've had to teach my mates who are unfamiliar with racers to make sure that they do this, they sucked for ages and blamed the game for being crap... enter me, advice given, game rules again haha :p Also remember it is a very slow corner, about 40MPH, its one of the only corners in the game i shift into 1st gear fot the exit, also stay wide before turning. The games offered race line is near perfect on this game, so follow it as best you can.

DeafSunchaser
09-27-2010, 03:29 PM
one part on that track u can wall ride!

slackydave
09-27-2010, 03:41 PM
there are some weird parts on that track, for instance the second ish corner after you've gone up the hill i go round that corner full throttle and suddenly seem to hit a brick wall, i've watched the replay numerous times and i clearly come close to the wall but never in fact touch it, as for the race i had to take a slightly wider line through the corner just to make sure i didn't hit this "wall"

pined5551
09-27-2010, 04:04 PM
I actually know what you mean about it being weird. I go around that corner very quick, not quite full throtle, but with speed it seems to set me up for the next corner perfectly every time, as if its on auto pilot, lol. I guess mines a good wierd thing :D

slackydave
09-27-2010, 04:13 PM
I think even though monaco is narrow circuit you just gotta have the bottle to try it, going flat out round some corners, just try it in a practice session or a time trial. On the first section i can easily go between 1-2seconds under the AIs section 1 time.

lenny m
09-27-2010, 05:37 PM
brake hard and go very slowly around the corner without acceleration