PDA

View Full Version : AI not pitting?

PrettyAverage
09-27-2010, 01:47 PM
I was racing on career and to avoid the bug of not being let out of the pits i decided to pit ont he first lap instead of the last (thinking it wouldnt make any difference because as I was catching back up I would overtaking everyone else as I pitted).

I know there is a problem with the AI not pitting if they are near the back and sometimes you get a HRT, virgin or lotus in the top 5, but this was different.

After pitting and coming out again I watched my lap times and didnt make any mistakes going round and every lap I was -1 or -2 seconds on the leader. This means over the course of the race i should of made up 20 ish seconds on them. however by the end of the race I still hadn't caught up to them, also once Massa got into the lead from lap 2 his lap times were consistant, never an in lap or an out lap. Just one lap where he was at +10 seconds to me.

Now I could of missed it and they could of come in and got out again, but my team mate was in 1st when he pitted and I came out in front of him so really should of overtaken everyone when they pitted. Also I seriously doubt I dropped 30 seconds on them in the in lap and out lap compared to there.

Sorry for the wall of text but has anyone else noticed this at all?

HAiiRyJellyBean
09-27-2010, 02:14 PM
First of all not being let of the pits is realistic.

I don't know about the other parts but from the one career race I have done so far everyone pitted as the top 5 was me, then hamilton, button, webber, etc.

SneakyofSneaks
09-27-2010, 02:14 PM
It's a bug

Oh and the not being let out is also a bug to a certain extent, your lollipop man will hold you if there are people coming down the pit lane, so you are not released into them (as are the rules) but at moment he is seeing people coming down the track as the pit lane and holding you till they go!

ivegotalobon
09-27-2010, 02:41 PM
If it was raining, they do not need to pit while on wets, maybe that was the problem you had

pined5551
09-27-2010, 03:01 PM
It's a bug

Oh and the not being let out is also a bug to a certain extent, your lollipop man will hold you if there are people coming down the pit lane, so you are not released into them (as are the rules) but at moment he is seeing people coming down the track as the pit lane and holding you till they go!

Yep, been screwed over by this bug at Hockenheim. Should have had a top 10 result but came 19th instead as i had to wait for about 6 cars to pass me, if id been let out right when i was done id have been fine to go without incident.

Best way around it is to always edit the race strategy to pit either a lap earlier or later than the auto strategy. Won at Monza & came second at Spa this way... and by some keen racing skills too :p

webbface
09-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Same here! Just done a race in career at Monaco started on pole and had about a 7 second lead back to Button when I pitted. I came out 3rd behind Vettel and Hamilton. Hamilton pitted and I had Vettel about 15 seconds in front and Massa up my exhaust pipes. By the end of the race Vettel won by around 8 seconds with me 2nd. Vettel and Massa cannot of pitted!!!!! It was dry so pit stops have to be made to change tyres. I had slight damage to front wing but lap times were still half second quicker a lap than Vettel.

thepaxman
09-28-2010, 02:07 PM
I thought there was something strange about pitting. I understanding about waiting to let people past, but it seems there has been times when I've been leading races and thus pitted way before other cars, and I've been held up when I could have gotten out but instead I've waited for a few seconds, then had a bunch of cars come past me, with some even managing to LEAVE the pits before me, which is crazy.

It's cost me a couple of wins for sure.

OctagonQontrol
09-28-2010, 03:36 PM
Yup, Button didn't pit on Monaco today; he overtook me in turn 1 and went on to win with + 24s

Dragon86
09-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Just races at Kuala Lumpur Kobayashi finished 2nd after starting 18th and Liiuzzi was 3rd after starting 13th. I do hope they get this problem fixed. It also cost me the race at Melbourne.

Do you guy think that it might have something with the fact that some of the weather system. I only ask becuase at Kuala Lumpur there was a forecast for rain. It never rained but it could be that becuase there was a chance it clicked the dry weather race tire rule for some of the cars.