PDA

View Full Version : 5 races in and the AI difficulty seems to be getting really good

tonyturbo
09-27-2010, 04:32 PM
I play on Professional level, all assists turned off except for Traction Control which I have on Medium, the first 3 races I won in my Lotus with some good pit strategy, a ton of time in practice session tuning up my car and some luck in the races. Then the fourth race at China think I came 7th and Spain I finished in 8th. It seems to me like the AI is getting better each race. No matter how much tuning I did on my car, come race time I'm now finding it a real battle to hold on to 7th, 8th, 9th or 10th. Anyone else experienced anything like this?

DarkWolf114
09-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Its weird, I think some of the AI are refusing to pit, so when I go for an early pit in the idea of overtaking them all in the next lap or two it falls apart and they are miles ahead of me. As well as the fact that they are speed demons some how and aren't effected by fuel load like the player is. Its pretty annoying. I don't expect to win every race but since my first two races they some how are amazing. I want to at least get into the podium a bit more.

GORQITO
09-27-2010, 10:32 PM
I think I have seen this problem.. I swear Alonso didn't pit at all during of the the races I did...

tonyturbo
09-28-2010, 02:45 PM
it can be very frustrating at times. AI never seem to have cold tyres from the start and the leaders clearly never pit at times in the dry which is absolutely criminal game design. Love the racing in this game but boy it has some fundamental design flaws.

pdean52
09-28-2010, 03:01 PM
it can be very frustrating at times. AI never seem to have cold tyres from the start and the leaders clearly never pit at times in the dry which is absolutely criminal game design. Love the racing in this game but boy it has some fundamental design flaws.

agreed - i'm sticking to single grand prix and multiplayer for now until the patch is released and some of these bugs are addressed. makes the career mode tarnished in my eyes.