PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about the Mustang

CrossFireZX5
09-27-2010, 10:52 PM
With the news that the Squier isn't going to be out in time for Xmas, I'm considering picking up the Mustang along with the Keyboard bundle (Although I'm still hoping for a REAL bundle. Hey, Madcatz is makin most of the instruments!) I haven't made up my mind yet and I'm hoping the answers I get here will help me reach a conclusion.

First and foremost, I'm hearing about this MIDI Adapter device. Is that needed to play the game with the Mustang, or is that just to turn the devices into actual MIDI instruments?

Secondly, how does playing the game normally with the Mustang work? Are the buttons still colored for instance? And with like 100 buttons to choose from do you pick whichever 5 you want or will it be assigned buttons?

Lastly, are the strings of the guitar actual guitar strings or specially made strings? Also, will there be a pick included if it is needed?

SebastianSB
09-28-2010, 12:09 AM
It's confirmed that there won't be a bundle, so stop hoping.

The MIDI device is required if you want to use the Squier Stratocaster guitar, or any MIDI keyboard or drum kit in the game instead of the normal drums or keys. The Mustang just plugs into the console.

weedyleopard
10-13-2010, 01:51 PM
With the news that the Squier isn't going to be out in time for Xmas, I'm considering picking up the Mustang along with the Keyboard bundle (Although I'm still hoping for a REAL bundle. Hey, Madcatz is makin most of the instruments!) I haven't made up my mind yet and I'm hoping the answers I get here will help me reach a conclusion.

First and foremost, I'm hearing about this MIDI Adapter device. Is that needed to play the game with the Mustang, or is that just to turn the devices into actual MIDI instruments?

Secondly, how does playing the game normally with the Mustang work? Are the buttons still colored for instance? And with like 100 buttons to choose from do you pick whichever 5 you want or will it be assigned buttons?

Lastly, are the strings of the guitar actual guitar strings or specially made strings? Also, will there be a pick included if it is needed?

MIDI just for if you have real electric drums, real keyboard, and a Squire guitar

No Colours

THey look like strings to me.. ha =] and Yes comes with guitar strap and picks

IzzyXbox360
10-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Instead of making a whole new thread (Sorry for borrowing your CrossFireZX5).
Does these two work the same way? I've already got the Band Hero drums with that adapter that you can take loose, but do I still need this new Midi Pro Adapter specially made for Rock Band 3? Sorry of this already has been brought up).

http://www.plasticaxe.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/midi-pro-adapter1.jpg

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt144/IzzySWE/20101013178.jpg
http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt144/IzzySWE/20101013180.jpg

weedyleopard
10-14-2010, 07:01 PM
So did you get all those chievos yourself or with help, either way, WOW!

Unless those are pirated chieves then /tisk /tisk

IzzyXbox360
10-14-2010, 07:35 PM
I got them all by myself (except for band releated Achievements ofcourse :P)
I don't know if getting them on Live is proof enough, but I think most of them are on there. :)
Anyone got an answer to my question? ;D

Jordbrett
10-19-2010, 07:41 AM
I got them all by myself (except for band releated Achievements ofcourse :P)
I don't know if getting them on Live is proof enough, but I think most of them are on there. :)
Anyone got an answer to my question? ;D

Wow you are a GH/RB GOD! Just out of curiosity do you play real instruments as well? Not to start the "you should!" argument but just wondering if that's where the base of your skills comes from.

IzzyXbox360
10-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Thanks, I guess I'm decently good at all instruments. :)
I've half-started playing the guitar (a eral one), and I've played piano/keyboard since I was around 10.
I guess I should start playing a lot more again. :D

I'm also one of the best (or atleast was, I've got a free WR's) in another old music game called StepMania, which is a simulator of DDR (Dance Dance Revolution).

Either way, about my earlier question, I guess I've got it answered while googling a lot yesterday and found out that only midi guitars will work, not a real one. How stupid of me. :P

SebastianSB
10-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Either way, about my earlier question, I guess I've got it answered while googling a lot yesterday and found out that only midi guitars will work, not a real one. How stupid of me. :P

I totally missed your question earlier. No, the Band Hero drum kit device won't function as an adapter for RB3. It's just not designed for RB3 and I doubt it even has similar functionality to begin with.

The MIDI adapter for Rock Band 3 is used to play the game with a MIDI keyboard or drum set instead of playing with the drums or keys made for the game. It will also be required in order to use the Squier Stratocaster in the game when that comes out in 2011. You can NOT use it with just any MIDI guitar.

IzzyXbox360
10-19-2010, 04:11 PM
Oh well, than I might not get the adapter unless I want to play with my real keyboard/synth.
I'll go with the Pro Drums and with the RB3 + Keyboard-bundle for now when they arrives.
But you actually do have to buy that new Squier Stratocaster which i due to release in 2011 as you said to get the full 1000/1000 or if it was 1250 GS?

NoThru22
10-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Oh well, than I might not get the adapter unless I want to play with my real keyboard/synth.
I'll go with the Pro Drums and with the RB3 + Keyboard-bundle for now when they arrives.
But you actually do have to buy that new Squier Stratocaster which i due to release in 2011 as you said to get the full 1000/1000 or if it was 1250 GS?
You can get the full 1000 (the extra 250 is all DLC related) with the Mustang or the Squier.

CrossFireZX5
10-23-2010, 03:06 PM
IGN has a review up for the Mustang. In short, it works, but the price is a little high and the box that holds the strings "feels flimsy, like it would break under pressure" overall score 7/10.

Interesting note, they say the game can be played in normal mode, as we already knew, but only with the first 5 frets! I really hope this is wrong, because I always played on the bottom 5 so I could finger-tap solos!

mikachu93
10-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Interesting note, they say the game can be played in normal mode, as we already knew, but only with the first 5 frets! I really hope this is wrong, because I always played on the bottom 5 so I could finger-tap solos!
This was announced a while ago. I can't see why IGN would lie to you about the frets.