PDA

View Full Version : Patch in the works

headshed101
09-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Link to the Codemasters F1 pages.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/432050-f1-2010-patch-news.html

No info on what it contains or when it'll be released but looks like they know they have an upset community and hopefully will be working hard to sort this buggy game out.

tally2425
09-28-2010, 09:35 AM
Nice to see there straight on the job!

pdean52
09-28-2010, 10:33 AM
let's hope they address the main bugs though and not just the ones they think are a priority. fantastic game, best F1 sim i've played for sure, but how a release of this magnitude can occur with the amount of bugs this game has got is beyond me.

bjh_27
09-28-2010, 12:35 PM
do you think this patch will make the game show on xbox.com?

i emailed MS and they said that the problem was with Codemasters...!?!

headshed101
09-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Because this message on the codemasters forums says very little the content of the patch could be anything. Could be the pit lane bug, the xbox.com bug, the lap times bug... The list goes on.

Here's an unofficial list of the bugs so far:
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/429298-unofficial-f1-2010-bugs-errors-list.html

Until they state what it contains we can do nothing but guess.

tally2425
09-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Because this message on the codemasters forums says very little the content of the patch could be anything. Could be the pit lane bug, the xbox.com bug, the lap times bug... The list goes on.

Until they state what it contains we can do nothing but guess.

Hopefully sort out the xbox.com bug soon

threatlockz
09-29-2010, 01:27 PM
it shows up fine on xbox.com here...

SneakyofSneaks
09-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Yeah was fixed this morning.

headshed101
09-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Yeah was fixed this morning.

It would appear that this 'bug' was an MS problem which is now sorted. Be interesting to see what fixes CM come up with. It won't stop me playing the game though (unless it gets even worse of course)!

JKSullivan
09-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Well, the post is a start - at least they are acknowledging that there are issues. But let's not forget that they never really fixed the glaring bugs with the achievements in GRID (the only other Codie's game I've played recently). I'm not holding much hope they'll get this sorted out, but I AM hoping they'll prove me wrong (or they won't be getting any more of money for F1 2011).

JohnnyBoosh
09-29-2010, 02:35 PM
I'm hoping they get a patch for the corrupt save files out soon, was nearly finished my first season was am 3 points behind Webber.

It sucks that a patch should be needed so soon in the games life....I'm munson'd out that I cant play this now until the patch comes out coz it could happen again if I start a new career.....:mad:

TehAssassin8
09-29-2010, 02:45 PM
Yeahh i need them to patch the Save Data Corrupt thing. its for R&D testing and it breaks the save, I backed mine onto a memory stick, did an R &D and it corrupted the original, lucky i had backed it up, seeing as i'd already lost 2 career modes to this already

Sam McAuley
09-29-2010, 09:24 PM
I got the savegame bug aswell. Winning the championship, on Singapore, turned on the XBOX today and save was corrupt. Hope they get this sorted soon.

pined5551
09-30-2010, 01:49 PM
The only bugs I have come acoss so far are with the lolly pop man holding you back a ruining your race. But now im not at the far end of the pit lane in Virgin's garage its not really an issue. And also the penalty system. If you spin and stop in the middle of the road you get penalty's and warnings for illegal blocking, and is just unavoidable (unless you don't spin that is).

EDIT: Also on that lost is says there are 'excessive' punctures?? I have had damage on full the whole time and am a few races into my second season having never had a single puncture. I am still excited to see what this looks like, lol. Do people here get many? I can't imagine so as i have not seen any threads on it?

SneakyofSneaks
09-30-2010, 02:28 PM
I've never had a puncture driving myself, but twice now I've had one when the computer is controlling the car, say if I select flying lap or one of the sectors while in practise, I end up taking over the car with one!

Fifty Two
09-30-2010, 05:46 PM
the lollipop guy holds u back if there is incoming traffic in the pit lane. it sucks being on a low team bc u get the last spot and have to wait for every1 to get by you first. timing your pit stop correctly should make that problem disappear =p

I had a puncture when i skipped my pit stop for 2 laps. my tires got red and 1 blew up on me. i had to hobble my way back to the garage watching all the other racers fly by lol

dancingtornado
09-30-2010, 07:27 PM
nice to see.. i hope they do something about that pit lane issue..

pined5551
09-30-2010, 11:17 PM
the lollipop guy holds u back if there is incoming traffic in the pit lane. it sucks being on a low team bc u get the last spot and have to wait for every1 to get by you first. timing your pit stop correctly should make that problem disappear =p

Its not that the pit man should let you go right away, if there is traffic that is close enough to prevent a safe exit then yes, you should have to wait so as to avoid a collision. The bug is that even if there is a car right the way down the lane that is in the process of leaving the pits (ie, not having repairs done) then it makes you wait the whole time for them to leave when there would have been plenty of time to get out safely before he even would be able to get close.

Im sure you already knew this, but your comment made me wonder if you got what i was on about.

OctagonQontrol
10-01-2010, 10:44 AM
To avoid the lollipop-issue, I'm currently doing a 20% career where I pit in lap 3 or the second-to-last lap... This usually keeps me in pretty much clear air, both for leaving the pits as well as racing on the track.

Suki
10-01-2010, 03:09 PM
for me the worst bugs are with the online the worst being the glitched times in qualifying which is really bad when someone glitches a pole 20 seconds faster than is possible which kind of means the 15 mins is a waste of time, and then the guide line switches off and on during the races all the time which is maddening if u dont know the track like the back of your nob. i have had 4 blowouts online spinning me round and giving me a limp it to the pits situation, every time rear tyre, 1st time i thought someone had rammed in the rear there was a massive bang and round i went.

pdean52
10-01-2010, 03:13 PM
the guide line switches off and on during the races all the time which is maddening if u dont know the track like the back of your nob.

well off topic but i don't know the back of my knob at all, only the front of it.

:p

Chesty
10-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Hopefully there will be the alternative for ghost cars in multiplayer. I'm sick of the assholes who kick you out of the track or slam on the brakes on the line so that you crash into them and got disqualified. Then they quit game or laugh through their headset. *grrrr*

Suki
10-02-2010, 08:43 AM
well off topic but i don't know the back of my knob at all, only the front of it.

:p

u wanna get the mirror involved a bit more m8y :eek: