PDA

View Full Version : Could this be a Prequel?

daviduk2000
09-28-2010, 01:25 PM
ok so does this have a time setting yet?

cause if not i think it might be a prequel.

so firstly there was Plasmid type things in it.
which doesnt make sense considering there under the sea because its illegal to make them uptop.

do you think maybe the could have been andrew ryans first attempt at a utopia?. and he might be the main villain then flees and decides to make an underwate city where rules dont exist and people can continue making plasmids.

Starstrukk X360A
09-28-2010, 01:58 PM
It is a prequel.
Columbia is in 1912, while Andrew Ryan completed Rapture in 1946 (he was still in Russia at the time of Columbia's creation.)

Columbia is also created by the U.S. government. Columbia praises the government while Rapture is completely against it.

Tyger7
09-28-2010, 02:03 PM
It is a prequel.
Columbia is in 1912, while Andrew Ryan completed Rapture in 1946 (he was still in Russia at the time of Columbia's creation.)

Columbia is also created by the U.S. government. Columbia praises the government while Rapture is completely against it.

Well just because the events in infinite are before rapture doesn't mean it's specifically a prequel :) Though I like how you pointed out the parts on the government.

THe RiiVieRaKid
10-09-2010, 06:50 PM
What's the point of trying to analyse the game b4 it comes out. im just waitin 4 it 2 come out and then anticipate the bioshock story, which is always so good

Starstrukk X360A
10-09-2010, 07:31 PM
What's the point of trying to analyse the game b4 it comes out. im just waitin 4 it 2 come out and then anticipate the bioshock story, which is always so good

Speculating is always part of the fun.

THe RiiVieRaKid
10-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Speculating is always part of the fun.
Suppose i just cant wait till 2012

xTGMx INF3RNO
10-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Atc its got nothing to do with any previous bioshock at all. Have you not seen the demo. Its looks fuking awsome shames its 2012 release

EDIT: The lead designer even said its got nout to do with it is completly diffrent just called bioshock

Benny263
10-15-2010, 04:37 AM
It could most likely be a prequel.. but this game is wayyy off yet.

xTGMx INF3RNO
10-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Like i said. Nothing to do with any other bioshock in anyway. Complete fresh start.

combustible lemon
01-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Its set in an entirely different universe. Infinite didnt happen before the first 2 games, the first 2 games didnt happen after infinite. This is nothing but a good thing, the world of rapture felt as if it existed in our own universe rusting away as I type this. Infinite is more far fetched (although still a meticulously created and believable world im sure) and its existence in the same universe would seriously dampen the amazing feat of building a city under water if a flying city was built decades earlier.

Vectorman953
03-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Its set in an entirely different universe. Infinite didnt happen before the first 2 games, the first 2 games didnt happen after infinite. This is nothing but a good thing, the world of rapture felt as if it existed in our own universe rusting away as I type this. Infinite is more far fetched (although still a meticulously created and believable world im sure) and its existence in the same universe would seriously dampen the amazing feat of building a city under water if a flying city was built decades earlier.

That's a really good point.

Also, haven't there been photos showing Elizabeth making a tear that shows "Return of the Jedi" playing in an old movie theater?

voodooscatmann
03-09-2012, 06:28 PM
"revenge of the jedi" lol

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/bioshock-infinite/showimg-2/

S1l3ntH
05-02-2012, 11:37 PM
The first thing I thought was all of Columbia was destroyed causing it to fall from the sky landing in the ocean where Ryan had it rebuilt under his reign, but hey, if they don't connect, they don't.

*shrugs*