~Spoilers~ 2/5 Dissapointed Rant about New Revolution ~Spoilers~

First off Id like to say I love Borderlands, its one of only a few games that are sure to never leave my collection (Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fable 2 etc. are some others) This entire DLC just seems like a step back from General Knoxx and even Zombie Island, at least Moxxie's gave a bank as well as a semi-competent take on the "Horde" game type thats all the rage right now.

To start, there are a total of 4 or 5 new enemies (Actually new) and those are the CL4P-TP variants, none of the "Bandit-trap" esque creatures. 95% of this entire DLC are just the same old enemies we've been killing for a year now. Yeah they have new skins with robot bitz stuck on and a clap trap voice but thats nothing all that intriguing, hell the Hyperion soldiers are exact copies of the Crimson lance in terms of weapon choices, their characters look and even the freakin turrets. The "Defender" has a Kite shield instead of the metal wall of the Lance, big difference.

Each of the bosses with the exceptions of what?! 3? D-fault, MINAC and INAC are new and technically Steele since we never fought her directly before. The rest? Copies of the other DLC Bosses, and the fact we have to fight em twice just felt like a move to add gameplay time.

Zombie island added, wareskags, bloodwings and freaking ZOMBIES, General Knoxx added new guns, new vehicles, new enemies and bosses plus a level increase (yeah I do know that theres one coming in a couple weeks), Moxxies was and is a nightmare but I still think it was a better spent $10 then New Revolution =/

I wont go into the achievements, but really 4 achievements for collection semi-rare random drops -_-

No new guns, very few new enemies, boring story, in zones with little character. IMO this is the worst of the 4 DLCs while I dont regret that I bought it, since it is Borderlands content, it doesnt even hold a candle to ZI or SAoGK and well ok to me its about equal to Moxxies.

Sorry for long rant, I highly doubt anyone will read it.

So these are all copies where as a wereskag which is just a skag that can jump far with some bonus fur isn't? If I remember there were infected bandits too. I thought it was cool they brought back old bosses I enjoyed that and found it fun. I have found new weapons, and there are games with worse colectables. I loved it. Pay attention and take your time and you'll like it more.

So these are all copies where as a wereskag which is just a skag that can jump far with some bonus fur isn't? If I remember there were infected bandits too. I thought it was cool they brought back old bosses I enjoyed that and found it fun. I have found new weapons, and there are games with worse colectables. I loved it. Pay attention and take your time and you'll like it more.

Knoxx was an original boss fight (somewhat fun too) the first time around, not the third (or three thousandth if you run the Farmory). Steele was just another of the Ninja chicks while, that isnt all that bad it was to be expected due to her former position in the Crimson Lance. Dr Ned 1 and 2 were just like Knoxx. Ive yet to see any new Oranges or anything close, havent even heard about any. Thats not to say I havent found an upgrade (a Perfect stat 640 Survivor mod) over a 17/28 660 I had before. The other DLC has fun areas that were actually intriguing to me.

Im just not impressed with New Revolution. SAoGK set the bar real high, and New Revolution casually walked under it.

Well I liked that they brought back the bosses I had fun anhilating the first time. Actualy, I think it'd have been funny if they made the final boss the vault guard (I forget his name). And the weapons thing, even if there isn't new weapons it doesn't matter to me. I love my guns, haven't traded class mods in eons, and yesterday I finaly found a better shield. Something killing crawmerax didn't even get me. Maybe it's because I haven't played the other DLC in a while but I'd rate this up there with Zombie Island. I love it.

I'll put it this way... Borderlands = Sex

I like sex. Scratch that, i LOVE sex. Just bcos its slightly different doesnt make it bad. A few new faces but with the same moves n sounds isnt really a bad thing if you loved the original.. Just bcos its not quite what you expected, doesnt make it anyworse. Its just different. And at the end of the day, i cant really complain at getting more sex. ;)

Edited by Deadly Moves

I really liked the story in this.

You can't really blame the people who made it. Everybody was bitching that they wanted their 4th DLC, so they probably had to rush through it to get it out as soon as they could.

But yeah, for a final DLC, it was nice. I liked that we finally got to kill claptraps, I liked that old bosses came back.

It was a nice trip down memory lane.

The achievements being glitched, I'm not too happy about, but hopefully they'll get right on it and fix it ASAP, because I'd like to have this finished.

Still, I'm not going to throw a hissy fit and start hating my favourite game just because there were some problems on the first day.

I really did enjoy the story, and it wasn't that hard to collect all the claptrap parts. Nothing wrong with killing robots over and over.

Actually looking forward to doing it again in playthrough 2 when I use it to level up. :)

I liked this dlc. But pretty much anything that didn't head in the direction of that awful horde dlc would have made me happy.

The thing I'm completely miserable about is the 10+ hours I put exclusively into those last 3 achievements that I still do not have. I have done every side-quest and main mission as well as farmed at least double every single item (except possibly the oil cans)

I'm a little disgusted with the game right now and I am officially "done" until the dlc is fixed.

Edited by Misha LinGhan

Dude do what i did kicked off on the phone to Microsoft there giving me a refund for selling me a faulty product.

I gotta call BS on this as well. A) They didnt sell you a defective product and B) It specifically says that there are no refunds on all DLC.

Hell, they scammed me out of 3 months of gold at $7.95 a month despite me buying a prepaid years worth, and they told me to fuck off, or however they say it in India, when I demanded a refund.