PDA

View Full Version : Good drivers disappear!?!?!

shootermcgavin2
09-29-2010, 06:49 AM
I finished my first season, and was offered a contract with Red Bull, which I took for season 2. I took Mark Webbers seat for the season, I fully expected him to show up in another team but he didn't, he just disappeard. Not that it really matters but he finished 2nd in the championship behind me, I think he would have got a seat somewhere lol!

WoH Jabba81
09-29-2010, 07:50 AM
I finished my first season, and was offered a contract with Red Bull, which I took for season 2. I took Mark Webbers seat for the season, I fully expected him to show up in another team but he didn't, he just disappeard. Not that it really matters but he finished 2nd in the championship behind me, I think he would have got a seat somewhere lol!

Somebody has to go then... its the 2010 Season, so you cannot expect that there is a drivercicling systemor something like that.

Suki
09-29-2010, 10:24 AM
i wish mark webber would disapear in real life maybe hamilton would be top of the table then

OctagonQontrol
09-29-2010, 10:27 AM
i wish mark webber would disapear in real life maybe hamilton would be top of the table then
I hear you but fear the worst for the remainder of the season. One fast track, 3 slower tracks... Better send Button a few quid to take out Webber and Alonso...:uzi:

headshed101
09-29-2010, 10:39 AM
As much as I want Hamilton to win this years WDC I think Webber deserves it. About time he had a bit of luck and this year it seems to all be going his way. Could be his last chance too. I cannot stand Alonso even though he is on form now that the car underneath him is perfect for his driving style.

WoH Jabba81
09-29-2010, 11:26 AM
As much as I want Hamilton to win this years WDC I think Webber deserves it. About time he had a bit of luck and this year it seems to all be going his way. Could be his last chance too. I cannot stand Alonso even though he is on form now that the car underneath him is perfect for his driving style.

True words man! But Alonso will get the WDC this year! :woop:

SneakyofSneaks
09-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Yeah as much as I would like button or hamilton to take it, I really hope webber does it and holds off teflonso.

pdean52
09-29-2010, 12:36 PM
going back to the original topic of the thread it will be interesting to see what happens once you move on from red bull. i'd guess that webber will automatically be given his seat back and someone else will disappear from the team you join!!

JKSullivan
09-29-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm sure there licensing restrictions that would prevent a driver contracted to team A to show up in a licensed game as driving for team B. Red Bull in particular would threaten lawsuits (ie, demand money) if Alonso showed up as driving one of their cars when you choose to drive for Ferrari, and the drivers would do the same if they were relegated to HRT to make room for you.

pdean52
09-29-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm sure there licensing restrictions that would prevent a driver contracted to team A to show up in a licensed game as driving for team B. Red Bull in particular would threaten lawsuits (ie, demand money) if Alonso showed up as driving one of their cars when you choose to drive for Ferrari, and the drivers would do the same if they were relegated to HRT to make room for you.

why not simply replace yourself in the old drive with A. Driver though and get around the licensing issue?

kind of irrelevant i think anyway as when you move on from a new team pretty sure the driver you replaced would reappear back in the car.

xLMx1994
09-29-2010, 02:32 PM
[QUOTE=pdean52;3560645]why not simply replace yourself in the old drive with A. Driver though and get around the licensing issue?

kind of irrelevant i think anyway as when you move on from a new team pretty sure the driver you replaced would reappear back in the car.[/QUOTE

i asked one of the developers ages ago on twitter and he said that licensing does prevent the drivers moving from team to team.

Guizon Maltrov
09-29-2010, 08:45 PM
I Remember F1 1996 for the Nintendo 64,
Where in the game menus, they had and option "Rooster"
That you could simply change the drivers from team to team
at your FREE WILL...
Ive used to put Schummy on Forti Corse
and Pedro Diniz on Ferrari
And still Schummy managed to win some...LOL

Guizon Maltrov
09-29-2010, 08:51 PM
Sorry
the name of the game i mention above was
F1: Pole Position
not F1 1996...
The only fun i could possibly had with that game
was to change the Teams Rooster...
Ricardo Rosset on Willians-Renault...
ehheheheheheh

ElectroLlama
09-30-2010, 04:36 PM

Hamilton is an idiot. He's the Andy Murray of F1.

Even though i love this game, i personally don't have much time for F1 on TV although enjoyed Hamilton crashing at the weekend.