PDA

View Full Version : Collectibles Farming Guide

Pages : 1 [2]

Kagain
08-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Left it on for about 11 hours and got everything except the oil can achievement - even the bobbleheads. Great guide!

diamondxrain
08-02-2011, 02:06 AM
im on my first play through and i got the 3D glasses and i only need 50 more parts for tannis 150 parts mission. I'm wondering if you keep returning and killing all of the clap traps the other items will fall. i have already collected some pizza and other weird items

thebigfatkill2
08-02-2011, 02:11 AM
getting the random collects are annoying to get since I get more of the 3D glasses then the pizza

mortug
08-04-2011, 05:49 PM
skipped the farming and went for the kills. went quicker than imagined. finally 1750 in this game! :D

masterpimp1
08-05-2011, 04:10 AM
soooo true this does work

Colossus033
08-10-2011, 03:11 AM
brilliant technique!! works like a charm.. just eliminate all the turrets first, then sit back and relax!!
many thanks. cheers !!!

Darkprophet
08-27-2011, 05:06 AM
If you were to join someone else's game and pick up all the collectables, do they count? MY girlfriend has been entering my game after 5 - 8 hour sessions and picking up all the loot, but, after 5 or 6 sessions, she still hasn't popped any of the achievements. Any idea why?

Gor1lla
08-29-2011, 06:35 AM
I had the same issue as Darkprohpet
we farmed during a friends game and after a few runs he got all the achievements, i was still missing them (he had more Collectibles in the beginning).

A few minutes ago i started a game myself and got the party and lubricator achievement after 1 more pick up (pizza/oil). I don't know if you can only unlock this achievement in your own game or if i was missing one of each, but i got most of them in another persons game

Valter
08-29-2011, 11:19 PM
I dont remember what happens if you use the charge cable but i think it turns itself off as well.

Charge cables act as wired controllers. They don't shut off.

Riverpatrol
09-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Used a charge cable with a battery-less wireless controller.

First farming, 8hrs - not enough bobble-claps.
Second farming 5hrs - got them. And LOADS of the other items.

Thanks for the guide.

Now for the horrible Moxxi DLC. :/

RainmanNGGC
09-06-2011, 03:04 AM
I have been grinding in Hyperion Dump for a while trying to get those dang pizzas, oil cans, and bobbleheads. After two weeks of that, I figured there had to be an easier way. I started using this method tonight and already got the oil cans. I am about half way through the pizzas and bobbleheads, so I may have this completed in the morning. Thanks!

EDIT: Got the last of the pizzas and bobbleheads this morning. This method works if you have the time. Thanks!

SnaveNednarb
09-06-2011, 11:40 PM
this method totally works. left my xbox on for about 4 or 5 hours and the map was loaded with collectibles! after running around for a few minutes and picking everything up i got the last 3 achievements i needed to 100% this game

StarsAndStraps1
09-12-2011, 04:25 AM
i have done this 4 times, all times i kept it going for around 4-5 hours and i have yet to complete

15 pizzas
15 bobbleheads
25 oil cans

im not saying the method doesnt work cause i have collected those items but id think after 4 times id have to at least have those completed....

i dont think my game is glitched or anything just its very frustrating i cant stand collectibles that are dropped randomly

Zilla ll Dope
09-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Make sure your in Single player or Private match or you have Noobs defeat the boss and waste your time.

shadowr4ven
09-15-2011, 04:51 PM
I thought about doing this, but I never had to. It's easier and more fun to just go up to the MINAC's door when it's spitting out claptraps and just mow them down. They only respawn more every time you kill the two it puts out, so you can get 5X the number of claptraps just by shooting them. I got it after a couple mining sessions for maybe 1.5 hours each, including pickup.

sleepnnotchback
09-19-2011, 12:17 AM
can someone please help me havent played this game in a long time can someone show me how to get to MINAC please. GT- sleepnnotchback

Fester
09-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Good method. 1st 8 hours, got all achievements except oil cans. Left it on all night again. Apparently all I needed was 2 more oil cans. All done - never to return to claptrap.

RedRooster
10-05-2011, 02:24 AM
Took me 3 two hours MINAC camping trips. Got the bobbleheads on the second trip and finished the pizza and oil cans on the third one. I got lucky with the 3D glasses and got them during the missions.

Neo Crusader
11-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the guide this is going to make it so much easier.

ejkittelson
11-08-2011, 04:58 PM
If you use the method we've discussed above (chasing Minac and gunning down the claptraps as they spawn) it takes half that time. And that's from scratch. If you already have some of the collectibles then it will take a lot less.

I wish I would have read this before I got the 100% in this game. Camping MINAC works if you will be away from your xbox for awhile but if you want to play other games and not wait for like 8+ hours it could take.

Chasing MINAC to where he spawns the clap-traps worked the best for me. I could get him to spawn 5-6 clap-traps instead of just the 3 by sitting and waiting. I was Roland and I had a nice x4 elemental damage shotgun with the support mod that gave me more ammo in the clip. I would just move left to right and fire my weapon so MINAC's beam could not hit me.

Xyrus420
11-29-2011, 12:16 AM
would just like to say thanks you saved me many hours grinding with this strategy

Huntyr
12-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks OP, beats the many, many hours of grinding I'd tried before.

Drazer76
12-21-2011, 12:08 PM
do all the claptraps die automatically then if i leave this running?
I'm about to try this so just wondered what i need to do..

Ice Car
12-21-2011, 12:15 PM
do all the claptraps die automatically then if i leave this running?
I'm about to try this so just wondered what i need to do..

Pretty sure the Divine Wind Claptraps explode after a given period of time. Something causes them to die, otherwise this method would not work. The only way you get drops is by killing claptraps.

IIRC the claptraps actually get killed by the MINAC itself, whether it be by running them over or shooting them. Dunno, actually never tried the glitch because I don't want to leave my 360 running overnight and get it overheated as well as waste electricity. In addition, my parents would never let me and if they found out, I'd be dead... :/

StayonTarget
12-22-2011, 09:02 PM
IIRC the claptraps actually get killed by the MINAC itself, whether it be by running them over or shooting them. Dunno, actually never tried the glitch because I don't want to leave my 360 running overnight and get it overheated as well as waste electricity. In addition, my parents would never let me and if they found out, I'd be dead... :/

Gotta conserve those coconut batteries ya know?

zz1
01-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Now what a terrible grind it was..... i dont ever want to remember about it. But here is a quick tip if not yet covered here (i really do not want to review the topic because of bad taste in my mouth still strong after this)
So this MINAC boss is a huge one and after you decide to kill it to go get your loot, its body will still be there, dead, covering quite some ground and some loot with its large butt.
What i did was go back using teleport i came into the area and then teleport myself again into MINAC area. MINAC will be gone (you wont have to fight it again) and the loot it was blocking to pick, will be yours to collect. Just remember that the area building will be back in its place too, so collect your loot from its place before you leave and go back the boss area.

Shazzmin
01-11-2012, 01:01 AM
Thanks for the tips! Finally got back into playing this waiting for my co-op buddy to be available and I find myself getting annoyed by some of the tedious things. Still love the game though.

Frazerz1990
01-23-2012, 07:58 AM
I've been 1 achievement short of completing this game for so long, I need a couple more pizza drops and I'm going to give this a try, I hope it works!
Edit: Got so impatient and started to loot after 3 hours, looted one pizza and achievement pops up, whoooohooo!

Heavyarts
01-30-2012, 03:42 PM
You are my hero, thanks so much!! I think i'm gonna be 80ish % complete with this one after this!!! :D

Mr914
02-15-2012, 06:07 AM
Easily done earlier today within about 14-15 hours of farming (Split in half), thanks for this strategy.

schism35
02-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Let my xbox run for 8 hours last night and collected the following this morning. Going to have to do this again for probably another 3-4 hours. Those Oil Cans have been real dicks thus far.

3D Glasses – 36
Clap fish – 42
Oil cans – 9
Pizza – 10
Panties – 20
Bobblehead – 11

cbko4
03-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Thanks for this guide, was dreading doing all the farming to get this completed :drunk

Deadpixels1
03-07-2012, 08:06 PM
I had given up on this game pre-glitch fix. Thanks for this guide. Farmed last night and am just 5 pizzas short of all three achievements unlocked.
Now for the long ass underdome dlc. :boom

Dragon Lee
03-23-2012, 06:20 PM
glitches still happen. fuckin lost all my exp. cuz joining a friends game and there was too many loot items on the ground and we were gonna share them, but soon as i joined game bugged the fuck out and lost all my equipped items/weapons/shield and all my experience evaporated into thin fuckin air...:mad:

Fellanubis1986
04-19-2012, 01:26 AM
Thank you. I'm gonna try this out, been having a helluva time getting all the collectibles.

xRelentlessx
04-22-2012, 10:18 AM
is there any way to find out how many of each you have collected?

the_b1ues
04-22-2012, 10:56 AM
This is on my to-do list but really cant be arsed to do it lol.

Delirium1138
04-24-2012, 07:05 PM
I apologize for the probably stupid question, but is there a way to get to the MINAC without having to fight the other three bosses first?

I also apologize if this has been covered before, but I don't want to read through all of the pages of posts.

T4TTEDUP
04-27-2012, 02:59 AM
Just wanted to say thanks man got all my achievments in about 2 nights of idle.

AcidGlow
05-05-2012, 09:40 PM
This spot worked well. 8 hours and I got my last 3 achievements. Thanks =)
100% :drunk:drunk

Deevs
06-19-2012, 06:23 AM
I don't know if anybody mentioned it already, but if you choose to play and shoot claptraps than hide for few hours, you actually don't have to kill them on your own. If you stay close to minac 'wheels' when he opens front door, the claptraps kill themselfs when trying to go out. It's about 6 claptraps every time. When he moves to next point simply run after him and repeat, but I think it can be done only with siren class using phasewak. You need to run fast enough to stay close to him. Of course you have to destroy every turret earlier.

PyreBall
06-22-2012, 03:13 AM
GearBox had better put more content in their Borderlands 2 DLCs. I'm tired of having to grind for hours to get 100% on this game. At least I don't have to do anything for What a Party, the bobbleheads and the oil cans.

I Gil Galad I
07-21-2012, 09:00 AM
I don't know if anybody mentioned it already, but if you choose to play and shoot claptraps than hide for few hours, you actually don't have to kill them on your own. If you stay close to minac 'wheels' when he opens front door, the claptraps kill themselfs when trying to go out. It's about 6 claptraps every time. When he moves to next point simply run after him and repeat, but I think it can be done only with siren class using phasewak. You need to run fast enough to stay close to him. Of course you have to destroy every turret earlier.

OR you could hide behind the rock mentioned in the original guide. The clap traps always kill themselves (they blow up) so you don't have to keep running and hiding behind the MINAC. Wait 'x' amount of hours and then run around and pick everything up. Easy.

StayonTarget
07-23-2012, 09:48 PM
OR you could hide behind the rock mentioned in the original guide. The clap traps always kill themselves (they blow up) so you don't have to keep running and hiding behind the MINAC. Wait 'x' amount of hours and then run around and pick everything up. Easy.

OR you could sit in the middle of the map out of MINAC's path with a modded shield.

HugTheBear
07-23-2012, 09:59 PM
Can you fight MINAC again after beating him? I know you can on a second playthrough, but can you fight him multiple times in one playthrough? If you can, do you just go back to the area you originally fought him? I'm a few short on a couple of the collectibles.

ChickinOnaChain
07-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Hug...I did but I had to reload the game and get to him, like go through those levels before you get here. I shot out all of his gun defenses until I had the main "eye" left. Just stay out of his way, shoot the claptraps and farm away. It took me several days to get all of the collectibles.

STOMACHofSTEEL
07-24-2012, 09:15 AM
Can you fight MINAC again after beating him? I know you can on a second playthrough, but can you fight him multiple times in one playthrough? If you can, do you just go back to the area you originally fought him? I'm a few short on a couple of the collectibles.

Once you've beaten the MINAC and left the area (Arid Badlands), you arrive at Tartarus Station. From there, just go back the same way you went the first time. You will have to kill Knoxx-Trap, Ned-Trap and Steele-Trap again, but they shouldn't be too much of a challenge.

After beating the MINAC you can always go back to Tartarus Station and the MINAC will respawn. I needed 3 seperate grinding sessions to get all pizzas and bobbleheads.

Aiden95
07-24-2012, 09:18 AM
i managed to get all the collectibles in about 2 hours by shooting the claptraps instead of hiding and waiting. if you hide he will only send out 2 claptraps at a time whereas if you shoot them you can get 12-15. you do the math

HugTheBear
07-24-2012, 11:55 PM
Once you've beaten the MINAC and left the area (Arid Badlands), you arrive at Tartarus Station. From there, just go back the same way you went the first time. You will have to kill Knoxx-Trap, Ned-Trap and Steele-Trap again, but they shouldn't be too much of a challenge.

After beating the MINAC you can always go back to Tartarus Station and the MINAC will respawn. I needed 3 seperate grinding sessions to get all pizzas and bobbleheads.

Thanks man. I have a feeling I'm going to need 3 or so sessions too.

ExDeath928
08-05-2012, 11:43 AM
I just got all 3 achievements today after about 20 hours of MINAC idle farming. I don't mind some of these collectible achievements, but I wish they had a tracker that told you how many you have instead of having it randomly pop.

UberPirateNinja
08-05-2012, 11:50 AM
F'king pizza drops, must've done this for 5-6 hours so far, and only just now have I seen my first pizza slice. I can't fathom why Gearbox made them so rare to drop!

JuSt BLaZe
08-06-2012, 05:03 PM
I did use the "active-farming" method, see this thread:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=274169

And after 5h of farming (playthrough 1, level 69 Siren) I came up with these collectibles:

Pizza - 18
Panties - 35
Clapfish - 37
3D Glasses - 35
Oil Can - 25
Bobblehead - 16

I died a looot but then again I also had enough money hehe. One more DLC (the best) to go and I'm done with this game.

UberPirateNinja
08-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Lucky bastard finding that many pizzas! I've done a similar amount of hours, tho I'm leaving it run while I hide out behind some rocks, and I've seen one pizza. ONE!! That's all I need now, must have 10+ of the fish and pants, already got the rest of the collection achievements now, but those goddam pizzas are somewhere else, elusive!

JuSt BLaZe
08-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Lucky bastard finding that many pizzas! I've done a similar amount of hours, tho I'm leaving it run while I hide out behind some rocks, and I've seen one pizza. ONE!! That's all I need now, must have 10+ of the fish and pants, already got the rest of the collection achievements now, but those goddam pizzas are somewhere else, elusive!

Do active-farming and you have it in no time. Better than just waiting.

UberPirateNinja
08-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I'll do that next time I get on. Is it easier with a modded gun? I've got a modded shield now, but no-one has been kind enough to dupe me a modded weapon...yet ;)

drenchattack12
09-09-2012, 08:24 PM
One thing I've noticed with my own attempts at landing these last three collectible cheevos has been that if I personally shoot them, most of the time they rarely drop any of the desired items I need. Especially if I'm on playthrough 2 for some reason. I even have my Scavenger mod equipped with its +2 find rare items, just in case that can affect the drop. Not sure if anyone has noticed a difference in farming with or without such a perk on a mod or not. Any comments on that?

Certainly some of the most frustrating achievements I've bothered with on a game to say the least. I'm currently on my second attempt and am a little past the four hour mark with this go. It seems this round has been pretty much the same as my last. For me, I've had 2 pizza slices, a huge amount of clap-fish and 3-D glasses, several pink panties, maybe 4-5 oil cans and I think two bobble heads. It's frustrating having to waste so much time trying to get these.

v00d00d
09-19-2012, 11:33 AM
is there anyway in game to track how many of them you have???

drenchattack12
08-10-2013, 02:50 AM
is there anyway in game to track how many of them you have???

Nope, not that I'm aware of anyway. It was just a bunch of waiting, collecting, and hoping the cheevo would eventually pop.

KillaCabassa
11-24-2013, 06:23 AM
I played all of the DLC when it was first released but only managed to get the 3D glasses achievement. I decided to go back to it (3 years later) and use the method descibed here. Got to the part of INAC and MINAC, found a spot to crouch where he couldn't shoot me and went to sleep !!wired controller or batteryless p&c!! Woke up 7 hours later, finished the mission and started the massive clean up from all the drops by the self destructing ClapTraps. !!THIS METHOD STILL WORKS!! I picked up all bobble-heads, oil cans, panties, fish and PIZZA!