PDA

View Full Version : Collectibles Farming Guide

Pages : [1] 2

chrishaney23
09-29-2010, 01:47 PM
You need a WIRED controller for this. The wireless will turn itself off thus pausing the game. I dont remember what happens if you use the charge cable but i think it turns itself off as well. TMG100 has posted that if you remove the battery from a wireless controller and use the plug & play cable the controller will not turn off. One other thing.. thanks to Quid Squid, turn OFF the xbox's automatic shutdown or after 6 hours it will shut itself off. And I would install the game to the hard drive to save the disc drive, etc. This is gonna be a long play for the disc drive to constantly spin...up to you though.

OK at the end of the DLC you will fight MINAC. Destroy all the guns on it. Now its time to hide out for a few hours. I will try to explain where to sit as best I can. When you first walk back into the Arid Badlands (as if the cut scene with INAC and MINAC didnt happen) you want to go to the left in the back corner behind some rocks and weapon crates. Face yourself so that you are looking towards the long way of the map or parallel with the road the bus was on. Or if you die or get run over you will respawn in a shack. As soon as come out it go right and then straight back into the corner. You will see a large rock. Crouch down behind it and sit there for however long you want. I sat there for like 8 hours and when I woke up it took me at about 30 minutes to pick up all the collectibles. I got the 3 collectible achieves I needed (already had the 3D glasses). The exploding claptraps cant get to you and you have to position yourself just right so that when the MINAC is stopped at the far corner you are facing you can barely see its big red eye. It will not hit you if you are crouched there just right. I took a picture of my screen to show you were I was. Hope this helps everyone out. Good Luck !

I been reading the posts in this column and have seen people talking about legit and glitched, etc. First of all I got the 5 3D glasses achievement BEFORE I did the Tannis mission to collect 150 claptrap parts. As for when the other collectible achieves popped... it was by doing this. Granted I had a few of them by playing through the DLC but this is how I finished them off. For me by far the bobbleheads were the least found and honestly one of the last things I saw on the board when i woke up and went to see how this worked was a bobblehead and the achievemnt popped. I got the bobblehead, oil cans , and the party achieve when i went arond picking everything up. As for everybody talking about glitched achieves... I had NO PROBLEM whatsoever with any of them. And I did not get all the collectibles in one sitting. I did for the 3D glasses though.

Remember.. the longer you let it sit, the more loot will be there when you return. I did it for about 8 hours using this method and about 2 hours of just killing claptraps when they spawned from MINAC. I have to almost guarantee that if you let this go for 12 or more hours... you will get EVERY collectible achieve.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT 7/20/2011

I have been reading ALL of the posts and there are a few concerns. Here are my responses:
1. If you follow MINAC and shoot the claptraps coming out of him right away. Yes you MIGHT get better drops. But it will also take ALOT of grinding time just doing that for hours on end. So choose your poison ! My way or grinding it out?
2. It doesnt matter what Playthrough you are on. Again...choose your poison.
3. Yes, there are a few other spots to just chill and wait. Like the shack in the far right corner upon entering the area. IT DOESNT MATTER ! As long as the MINAC claptaps cant get to you.. WHO CARES !
4. NO, you do not have to necessarily shoot out the turrets on the MINAC to do this. I think it just makes it better so that you do not have to worry about dying whats so ever while you go do somethig else for hours.

Bottome line... THIS WORKS ! If you read throughout the entire thread you will see that this is the best method without doing any work at all. Go to sleep. Go eat dinner. Go to work, school. Whatever. You have NOTHING to worry about doing it this way. 100% achievement score here you come !

There's a reason why this thread has almost 40,000 views and nearly 250 responses.... CAUSE IT WORKS ! GOOD LUCK and have a happy 100% !

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a461/chrishaney23/XBOX/SDC10018.jpg

Disco Ball
09-29-2010, 01:57 PM
How can you get back to this fight once you finish the game...?

doomey
09-29-2010, 01:59 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5284&d=1285767969

That should help you ;)
I guess you have defeated the robot now, I wish I had thought of this on my play through. If anyone is about to ill giant claptrap please invite me, I need to farm also .

doomey
09-29-2010, 01:59 PM
Do not think you can sadly (unless you start a new play-through)/

chrishaney23
09-29-2010, 02:01 PM

Just go back to wayward pass and fight Knoxx Trapp, etc all again. They were there for me anyways.

eddriver
09-29-2010, 02:06 PM
If you go to Tartarus Station and then out to Wayward Pass all the bosses respawn just kill Knoxx, Ned and Steele and you get back to the MINAC

Disco Ball
09-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Awesome thanks for the tip, going to rekill them all and try this out!

Nei Debrusc
09-29-2010, 02:29 PM
It's a good tip, but I wish there was a better way. Leaving my 360 on for that long when I'm not playing it just seems...excessive. Still, it seems worth it rather than going into the Hyperion Dump and killing the same two spots of clap traps over and over again and getting nothing. Divine Wind Claptraps have such poor drop rates, even if I sign in a guest account.

Drunken Deity
09-29-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm gonna try this method since I'm so bored of farming for hours on end. I was running around in the first playthrough with my Level 61 and whenever MINAC would open the front door to let the claptraps through I'd fire endlessly. It seems that he spawns more than the usual 3-6 claptraps if you kill them within the time period that the front door is still open. The result is a giant mess of trophies underneath MINAC that you can collect when he moves on. It is definitely faster than the above-posted method, but I doubt anyone would want to keep this up for 3-4 hours.

yippy smalz
09-29-2010, 02:32 PM
I would do this as long as the achievements would unlock, I dont see a point in doind this until the glitchy collectable achievements are fixed

OMGLOL1111
09-29-2010, 02:56 PM
I would do this as long as the achievements would unlock, I dont see a point in doind this until the glitchy collectable achievements are fixed

yeah, same here, what's the point of farming if you're not gonna get the achievements in the end??

TacticalTodger
09-29-2010, 03:40 PM
The achievements aren't glitchy. But if I kill the boss can I go through it on the same playthrough? I REALLY can't be bothered to do the story again XD

Drunken Deity
09-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Yeah you can run through the last 2 zones again, killing the 3 bosses before MINAC and INAC.

Nei Debrusc
09-29-2010, 03:45 PM
I haven't tried myself, but a few of the above posters said it's possible, so I'll take their word for it. Signing in with a guest account would probably make this method faster, since more people equates to better drop rates, even though they're still pretty crappy. I might try farming MINAC with a friend. If we both sign in guests, we'll have four people to increase the drops.

Ryuukishi
09-29-2010, 03:45 PM
The achievements aren't glitchy.
Care to explain why some of us can't get them then?

doomey
09-29-2010, 03:50 PM
The last boss isnt spawning for me again. Am I doing something wrong?

Disco Ball
09-29-2010, 03:53 PM
spawned for me. I jsut went through Beat the 3 bosses, went into arid badlands, got the CS with Marcus, then the other two, been idling in the fight for about an hour now.

tmg100
09-29-2010, 04:22 PM
The last boss isnt spawning for me again. Am I doing something wrong?

They weren't working for me until,

I fast travelled to T-Bone junction, let the game save, then quit back to title screen. Loaded up my save on PT2 on T-Bone, then travelled to (whatever this new shit place is called) went to wayward pass and there working for me.

EDIT: just looked aswell, the guy that created this post has all collection cheevies, so this is possibly the way to go!

TacticalTodger
09-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Care to explain why some of us can't get them then?

You have to get them all in one session? I've had no problem with the 3D glasses ones. The others I havn't simple collected enough

Ryuukishi
09-29-2010, 04:36 PM
You have to get them all in one session? I've had no problem with the 3D glasses ones. The others I havn't simple collected enough
Couple of problems with that: One, some people have reported that they have collected all 5 pairs of glasses in a single session and it still hasn't unlocked. Two, other people played essentially all day yesterday and only collected a couple of pizzas, oil cans, and bobble-heads. Unless there's some trick that no one has discovered yet, given those kind of drop rates it seems functionally impossible to collect enough items in one session.

Jediboy2003
09-29-2010, 04:38 PM

Hate to burst your bubble, but there's been people who did that to and got no achievement. Seems you're just one of the lucky ones for now.

nfntjy
09-29-2010, 04:48 PM

I've collected the required number of every item in one session and didn't get any achievement. I can confirm session doesn't matter.

TacticalTodger
09-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Hmm my bad then, I guess I am just lucky :). I'm doing this technique though. I hope I don't want to play the xbox though I plan on doing this for a day :p

tmg100
09-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Hmm my bad then, I guess I am just lucky :). I'm doing this technique though. I hope I don't want to play the xbox though I plan on doing this for a day :p

Ive got football to watch tonight, so it'll be on for at least 5 hours and my play and charge kit needs a work out, its not been fully charged for months

tmg100
09-29-2010, 05:05 PM
You need a WIRED controller for this. The wireless will turn itself off thus pausing the game. I dont remember what happens if you use the charge cable but i think it turns itself off as well.

Not true,

Plug your P&C into the controller with that battery out, this basically makes it a wired controller.

Vanilla Coke Zero
09-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Couple of problems with that: One, some people have reported that they have collected all 5 pairs of glasses in a single session and it still hasn't unlocked. Two, other people played essentially all day yesterday and only collected a couple of pizzas, oil cans, and bobble-heads. Unless there's some trick that no one has discovered yet, given those kind of drop rates it seems functionally impossible to collect enough items in one session.

indeed. during the course of collecting oil cans, bobbleheads, and everything else minus 3D glasses, i've probably picked up about 7 or 8 orange drops.

Jediboy2003
09-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Frankly, I'm ready to give up. :( Every method I've come up with to try and get around this has been totally disproven. The drop rates are abysmal and nothing I've tried has worked so far. If this doesn't work I'm giving up.

Ryuukishi
09-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Has a single person reported yet that they've gotten any of these achievements (aside from "It's so realistic") to pop legitimately? I think we can safely assume at this point that they are impossible to get until Gearbox addresses the issue with a patch. They've already fixed similar glitched achievements in the original game so hopefully they'll be on the ball now.

Sir Absynthe
09-29-2010, 06:00 PM
I was going to post something similar to this. if you stand right on top of the middle of the bus, you won't take any damage from the boss and all the claptraps will just stand still after being deloyed by MINAC. you can just go afk for any amount of time and the boss will simply run over the claptraps so you can collect the loot when you return.

granted, the drop rate sucks and it takes a while to produce and decent results, however if you're desperate for this and can't be bothered to farm them properly, you can leave your xbox running overnight and pick up your spoils in the morning.

I probably only need ~5 pizzas, 6 bobbleheads and maybe 8 oil cans before I'm done. I just hope they unlock properly.

Jediboy2003
09-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Has a single person reported yet that they've gotten any of these achievements (aside from "It's so realistic") to pop legitimately? I think we can safely assume at this point that they are impossible to get until Gearbox addresses the issue with a patch. They've already fixed similar glitched achievements in the original game so hopefully they'll be on the ball now.

OP in this thread has 1750 using his method. As for myself, after browsing gearbox's forums and the reports of all the other glitches and weird shit going on in this one (enemies being different levels than they should be, people not getting experience when not level capped, buggy achievements....) I've decided to shelf this one and wait for a fix.

VincentG
09-29-2010, 07:00 PM
I'm going to try it too (if I can find the boss area again).
Walked around several area's, killing all claptraps I saw. Not even one item I need was dropped. Need about 2 or 3 bobbleheads, think about 10 oil cans and possible 15 pizza's (never saw one).

Brawl Kirby
09-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Even though that this method sounds really interesting I will still wait for an update.

I'm not going to let my xbox work overnight ending with giving me nothing.

RadiantViper
09-29-2010, 08:11 PM
I can be the guinea pig for this. I'll try this tonight and make sure to keep a tally of the collectibles I pick up, see if I can confirm that you just need to do it in one session. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

SithFloor
09-29-2010, 08:23 PM
Yesterday I played and completed all missions and side quests in 4p-coop. Had 6 glasses (5 after completion) and no achievement.

Today I started a new solo playthrough with a different character. Started doing missions and collected 5th 3D glasses during the 100 component quest for Tannis. POP! Ended up completing all main missions while still collecting collectibles. Still have side quests to do and am still sitting on the 150/150 component quest. On my 15th bobblehead...POP!

I still need 4 pizzas and 6 oil cans but I have 44 fish, 35 glasses, and 21 panties.

I've been entering the Dump and killing the traps there and leaving. Most of the time I wait outside by the door for 5 minutes and go back. Once in a while I go to the Factory and kill the traps there. Much more effective time-wise and by droprate in the Dump.

But I get get most of the panties in the Factory and quite a few fish. I think every pizza, oil can, and bobblehead have been in the Dump.

Will update when I find 4 more pizzas and 6 more oil cans.

UPDATE:
25th Oil Can...POP!

15th pizza, nada. 57 fish and 26 panties. Stumped on this one.

amacteur
09-29-2010, 08:29 PM
I hope we don't have to start a new game with a new character to unlock the cheevos... :(

Ryuukishi
09-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Yesterday I played and completed all missions and side quests in 4p-coop. Had 6 glasses (5 after completion) and no achievement.

Today I started a new solo playthrough with a new character. Started doing missions and collected 5th 3D glasses during the 100 component quest for Tannis. POP! Ended up completing all main missions while still collecting collectibles. Still have side quests to do and am still sitting on the 150/150 component quest. On my 15th bobblehead...POP!

What level are the enemies in New Revolution if you start it with a brand new character?

SithFloor
09-29-2010, 09:00 PM
What level are the enemies in New Revolution if you start it with a brand new character?

Didnt use a "new" character. I have a level 61 of all 4 characters.

amacteur
09-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Sorry buddy but as you said a new character, I thought it was a lvl 1 new one... Maybe playing solo is the solution to fix it instead of co-op?

cheeky 315
09-29-2010, 09:41 PM
my drop rates dont seem too bad atm

just spent an hour farming the dump and found

3 pizza, 4 fish, 5 panties, 1 oil can, 1 bobblehead, 3 glasses

bobbleheads are for me by far the rarest i have only found 3 or 4 total

Parallax Demon
09-29-2010, 09:50 PM
When I look at my Gamercard.net I see that 16 people have over 1700 points for this game, so there must be a way to get them all. Just hiding behind the rock now and see what drops there are tomorrow. Just need 3 pizzas, 4 bobbleheads and 8 oilcans.

RadiantViper
09-29-2010, 09:59 PM
When I look at my Gamercard.net I see that 16 people have over 1700 points for this game, so there must be a way to get them all. Just hiding behind the rock now and see what drops there are tomorrow. Just need 3 pizzas, 4 bobbleheads and 8 oilcans.

I can guarantee that most of those people hacked their gamerscore. Some got the 1750 before the DLC was even out, one guy even has a modded avatar in his gamerpic.

Ryuukishi
09-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Sorry buddy but as you said a new character, I thought it was a lvl 1 new one... Maybe playing solo is the solution to fix it instead of co-op?
That's what I thought he meant too. I just read on Gearbox's forums that the Claptrap enemies start at ~40 on a first playthrough. I only have my one character, so if for whatever reason the achievements are permanently bugged for that character and the only solution is to redo the DLC with a different one, I'm screwed.

Parallax Demon
09-29-2010, 11:44 PM
I can guarantee that most of those people hacked their gamerscore. Some got the 1750 before the DLC was even out, one guy even has a modded avatar in his gamerpic.

I have taken a closer look at the list and I'll be busy reporting a lot of those losers to TA. Really hate gamesavers :mad:

SithFloor
09-29-2010, 11:57 PM

Today I started a new solo playthrough with a different character. Started doing missions and collected 5th 3D glasses during the 100 component quest for Tannis. POP! Ended up completing all main missions while still collecting collectibles. Still have side quests to do and am still sitting on the 150/150 component quest. On my 15th bobblehead...POP!

I still need 4 pizzas and 6 oil cans but I have 44 fish, 35 glasses, and 21 panties.

I've been entering the Dump and killing the traps there and leaving. Most of the time I wait outside by the door for 5 minutes and go back. Once in a while I go to the Factory and kill the traps there. Much more effective time-wise and by droprate in the Dump.

But I get get most of the panties in the Factory and quite a few fish. I think every pizza, oil can, and bobblehead have been in the Dump.

UPDATE:
25th Oil Can...POP!

Went up to 18 pizzas and still didnt get it.

Trying something new. Update to follow.

BuddyRusso
09-30-2010, 12:00 AM
I just did the OP recommended strategy for 6 hours before lunch, while doing yard work, and after dinner. Previously, I had been farming repeatedly like other posters with no luck.
Anyway, I got 5 pizzas, 1 oil can, 1 bobblehead, tons of panties, fish, and 3D Glasses. I've got the 3D glasses achievement already (and several fish and panties). All I needed were pizzas, oil cans, and bobbleheads (only found 1 bobblehead previously).
So, now I have 2 Bobbleheads, 8 pizzas, and 4 Oil Cans.
I hate Gearbox.

xhunterrrr
09-30-2010, 12:04 AM
I have taken a closer look at the list and I'll be busy reporting a lot of those losers to TA. Really hate gamesavers :mad:

It hasn't been reported officially as glitched, so TA will do nothing. Good luck with that though.

Also, the 3D glasses achievement unlocked just fine for me.

Parallax Demon
09-30-2010, 12:16 AM
It hasn't been reported officially as glitched, so TA will do nothing. Good luck with that though.

Also, the 3D glasses achievement unlocked just fine for me.

People getting 1750 before it was even released is normal???
Besides of that I saw some people getting achs offline which you can only get online and even one guy who had 990 in Gameroom without getting the infamous 5 points you get the instant you downloaded the game.

And FYI I also got the 3D glasses ach.

Vindicator51
09-30-2010, 12:17 AM
So far i only miss 3 achievements. the Lubricator, Bobble-Trap and What a Party! None of them popped the achievement for me. I am playing as a 61 Soldier Solo Playthrough 2.

xhunterrrr
09-30-2010, 12:27 AM
Besides of that I saw some people getting achs offline which you can only get online and even one guy who had 990 in Gameroom without getting the infamous 5 points you get the instant you downloaded the game.

And FYI I also got the 3D glasses ach.

There are only two people on TA that I saw about 30 minutes ago that had the complete 1750. IF they got that before the DLC was released, they have already been reported.

Just checked now. There are 4 people who have a complete 1750 with timestamps on those achievements.

Don't jump the gun and assume someone is cheating/hacking just because an achievement or two is glitched for you and a few other people.

Parallax Demon
09-30-2010, 12:37 AM
When I report someone I must be a 100% certain. I know about the "three strikes and you're out" policy of TA. So I only report people who have "striked out" over 3 times.

And for the glithed achievements of this, I'm hiding at the save spot and will see tomorrow if I get any of the three achievements I'm missing.

Vanilla Coke Zero
09-30-2010, 01:37 AM
while this method may work, it takes far too long and i don't like leaving my 360 on for that long either.

Vanilla Coke Zero
09-30-2010, 01:58 AM
Frankly, I'm ready to give up. :( Every method I've come up with to try and get around this has been totally disproven. The drop rates are abysmal and nothing I've tried has worked so far. If this doesn't work I'm giving up.

hang in there. one thing about us cheevo whores is our ability to withstand hours of tedious grinding in order to get achievements. this achievement may suck, but so did mad moxxi's achievements!

Jediboy2003
09-30-2010, 02:25 AM
hang in there. one thing about us cheevo whores is our ability to withstand hours of tedious grinding in order to get achievements. this achievement may suck, but so did mad moxxi's achievements!

Oh I'm not giving up on my 1750!

I don't mind putting the hours in to get the drops, as frustrating as the drops are. I just want to know that when I DO put the hours in, I'll get my achievement for doing it.

Even when I tried this method today, I counted at least 7 glasses I picked up w/o the achievement. So it seems I either need to level a brand new character (only have the one 61) or patiently wait for the update. I don't feel like further frustrating myself over the rest of the collectibles when one has already failed to unlock 2-3 times.

TacticalTodger
09-30-2010, 02:48 AM
It's not one session, I had the dashboard update did it went to farm got 2 achievements, one where i got dc'd for the system update the other after, I only need the pizza/killing Icnac or something & finding statues. So maybe I'm just lucky or hmm.

RadiantViper
09-30-2010, 04:00 AM
Just finished a 7-hour MINAC farming session. Here are my results.

Panties - 24
Fish - 21
Pizza - 10
Bobbleheads - 12
Oil Cans - 8

I was hoping to get at least one achievement as a proof of concept, but no such luck. I would estimate that there were about ~1,000 drops total, including all the Wires, Motherboards, and Gears. Some items got stuck though, I can see two oils cans sticking out of MINAC but I can't pick them up.

Edit: Turns out if you go back to Wayward Pass, then turn around and go back to the boss area, MINAC's body disappears, allowing you to pick up any stuck collectibles. I managed to snag 3 extra oil cans.

From here I'm gonna see if I can get MINAC to come back without quitting the game (I'll switch areas), then try to continue farming. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Edit 2: Seems you can't get MINAC to respawn without quitting. If anyone else trying MINAC farming, I suggest leaving it for longer than I did.

NewSparta
09-30-2010, 04:18 AM
I found another place to hide, it requires you to shoot all all the gatling guns on the MINAC.

When you first enter,on your right you will see this broken L shaped wall, hide in the inside corner of it.

The MINAC will point its eye at you when it gets close,but will NOT fire because its eyes is pointing at itself(Trust me lul).

Claptraps will explode on the outside of the wall, as long as you're in the corner!

DominusSeph
09-30-2010, 05:30 AM

You've heard about reviewers right? They get the game early so they can release a REVIEW on launch day. I'm sure all of the publications and website reviewers have played it, and some of them are probably achievement hunters too. So YES, people CAN get it without it being released to the public AND it be legitimate.
Now I'm not saying people don't hack their GS, but to say that because they got the achievements before public release and therefore they hacked it or something is just misguided.

Nei Debrusc
09-30-2010, 05:32 AM
Does playing a particular class cause certain items to drop more? I'm a 61 Siren, and I've seen a fair share of bobbleheads and oil cans. Like I said, only one pizza so far, tons of the other crap.

Bergentz
09-30-2010, 06:06 AM
I just tested this method and got all collectibles that I needed in 10 hours. But of course I didn't get any achievements, so I guess I'm staying at 1700G because I'm not going to try again and waste more time on this garbage-DLC. I can't believe that you release something that takes 2-3 hours to complete the main story and then you have grind for 10 hours to collect pizzas, bobbleheads and oil cans, that's so stupid, and they manage to make the achievements glicthy too, great job Gearbox...

Vanilla Coke Zero
09-30-2010, 06:56 AM
I just tested this method and got all collectibles that I needed in 10 hours. But of course I didn't get any achievements, so I guess I'm staying at 1700G because I'm not going to try again and waste more time on this garbage-DLC. I can't believe that you release something that takes 2-3 hours to complete the main story and then you have grind for 10 hours to collect pizzas, bobbleheads and oil cans, that's so stupid, and they manage to make the achievements glicthy too, great job Gearbox...

yeah, gearbox really dropped the ball. i enjoyed the DLC, but the amount of time it takes to get the achievements AND the fact that they may glitch out on you is unacceptable. i fucking hope that everyone who has already gotten the items but no achievements has the achievements unlock retroactively with a patch.

Jediboy2003
09-30-2010, 07:11 AM
The more I keep thinking about the way this has worked out, would it really have been that hard to just make them a new challenge (similar to 12 days of pandora)? It'd have kept count, they'd have spanned playthroughs and you'd have gotten an experience incentive out of it to boot. Oh well....

tmg100
09-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Ok, so i farmed for 5 hours yesterday evening on the boss, collected didn't record what i got, so went to bed and left it farming, so a total of around 13-14 hours.

Results

37 panties
30 fish
23 3d glasses
12 oilcans
11 pizzas
6 bobble heads
and just to confirm, if you goto wayward pass and come back there's a shit load more where the big thingy used to be.

Oh forgot to mention, NO FUCKING CHEEVIES!

EDIT: I had a thought, when picking up the items do you do it individually, or do you just hold X for it to hoard them all up? i noticed when i held X some of the items that i collected didn't appear at the top of the screen??

PurpleSkwid
09-30-2010, 08:35 AM
The more I keep thinking about the way this has worked out, would it really have been that hard to just make them a new challenge (similar to 12 days of pandora)? It'd have kept count, they'd have spanned playthroughs and you'd have gotten an experience incentive out of it to boot. Oh well....
This.

When I saw the achievement list, I expressed dislike, and was told they'd probably be tied to missions.

When it became apparent that they weren't tied to missions (I found a fish in a bag on my first claptrap kill) I went through the entire challenge log to make sure it wasn't being recorded in there.

Really disappointed on how they handled this. The achievements until now were excellent :(

Storm Matthews
09-30-2010, 01:33 PM
Has anyone noted if being able to hit the achievements is tied to the playthrough you are using? I am using Playthrough 2, have collecte at least twice what is needed for the achievements (farming MINOC and the Dump), but have only got the 3D glasses one. Maybe if you are using Playthrough 1 I may have more luck?

Storm Matthews
09-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Another spot for just camping. As you enter the area, run to the far back right of the area. There is a little gate that you can go in (there are weapons and ammo crates in the room. Just go behind the far bck right crate, and you can sit there forever.

SithFloor
09-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Has anyone noted if being able to hit the achievements is tied to the playthrough you are using? I am using Playthrough 2, have collecte at least twice what is needed for the achievements (farming MINOC and the Dump), but have only got the 3D glasses one. Maybe if you are using Playthrough 1 I may have more luck?

I'm only missing Its A Party and got everything else in playthrough 2. Working on Party in playthrough 1 right now collecting only exactly the number of items required. Just need 11 more pizzas.

tmg100
09-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Ok, so i farmed for 5 hours yesterday evening on the boss, collected didn't record what i got, so went to bed and left it farming, so a total of around 13-14 hours.

Results

37 panties
30 fish
23 3d glasses
12 oilcans
11 pizzas
6 bobble heads
and just to confirm, if you goto wayward pass and come back there's a shit load more where the big thingy used to be.

EDIT: I had a thought, when picking up the items do you do it individually, or do you just hold X for it to hoard them all up? i noticed when i held X some of the items that i collected didn't appear at the top of the screen??

OK so, another 6 1/2 hour farm on MINAC, suprisingly enough I got

28 panties
19 fish
40+ 3d glasses
14 oilcans
14 pizzas
20 bobble heads

Considering its half the time of my 1st attempt.

Now, even my poor maths can calculate that these two runs regardless of ones I had gotten before and in between farming ( i normally get a pizza or oil can on the way to Ned or Steel ) add up to the required amounts.

Ill leave it for a few more hours to see if I can get the achievements to unlock after another collection.

If I fail at the 3rd attempt, i'm just going to leave it :( this upsets me. Because along with the 1st crackdown (at the time) and Assassins creed 2 (storyline) this is one of the best games I think ive played, especially with the Knoxx DLC, by far the greatest DLC ive ever played.

Might just wait for Borderworlds.

VincentG
09-30-2010, 03:27 PM

Had the same, but after a short time, the items list is like scrolling, showing new items, but even than, I didn't always saw everything I picked up. Maybe because it's too much to show.

One night of farming, no cheevies for me too.
Some oil cans, a few pizzas and a few bobbleheads.

Will take some more nights I guess, which is pretty lame, but if I can't get them playing normally and even this way takes a damn long time, no doubt that the chievos are a bit f*cked up.

I saw a big group of items, but I couldn't pick them up, probably becuase Minac next to it. Next time, I collect the big groups first, before I destroy him.

tmg100
09-30-2010, 03:32 PM
I saw a big group of items, but I couldn't pick them up, probably becuase Minac next to it. Next time, I collect the big groups first, before I destroy him.

Go through the wayward pass teleport and come straight back, the MINAC goes (if youve destroyed it) and you can collect what its siting on.

SithFloor
09-30-2010, 03:45 PM

UPDATE:
25th Oil Can...POP!

Well I am pleasantly surprised by that opps.

Started again today with my 2nd character, but I was doing playthrough 1 instead of playthrough 2 like I had before. Decided that I would only pick up 3 panties, 5 fish, and 15 pizzas but leave everything else on the ground. I picked up components and guns to clear out the area so I could see.

Had my 3 panties, had 5 fish (may have accidently picked up 1 extra). When I did I immediately quit and re-entered. Had 8 pizzas picked up. Since I had so many other items lying around I invited a friend into my solo game to see if he'd get the 5 3D glasses Realistic achievement. On his 5th pick-up he got it. Then I told him to pick up whatever else he wanted and I walked over to a bobblehead sitting next to some money. I just wanted the money but took the bobblehead by mistake. POP! It's a Party. 1750/1750.

Also, I discovered that you do NOT have to leave the region for things to respawn. They will respawn based on time. I was waiting for my friend to enter the game and I was surprised when I started getting shot and heard "stabby, stabby. how do you like those apples." WTF.

VincentG
09-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Go through the wayward pass teleport and come straight back, the MINAC goes (if youve destroyed it) and you can collect what its siting on.

Thnx, will remember it for next time. :)

Justinsane311
09-30-2010, 05:35 PM
Thanks OP...I used this method last night and was able to get the achievements!

Ryuukishi
09-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Thanks OP...I used this method last night and was able to get the achievements!
Did you do it with a character who had already beaten the story quests?

MacAarburger
09-30-2010, 05:43 PM
just to let you guys know...

i joined a friend on his second playthrough. after just a short while in the game i picked up 3d glasses (2nd we've found together) and he got the achievement.
we switched to restart with my first playthrough (thinking we save the 2nd run's exp for the update) and i unlocked the 3d glasses achievement after picking up another 3 glasses.

so picking stuff up does count for everybody. and it is carried over playthroughs.

Justinsane311
09-30-2010, 05:58 PM
Did you do it with a character who had already beaten the story quests?

Yeah...I got all of the collectible achievements with a character that finished the main story campaign

MKLKT
09-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Yeah...I got all of the collectible achievements with a character that finished the main story campaign

When picking up the items did you individually do it, or just hold 'x' and pick up all the stuff in the area?

Justinsane311
09-30-2010, 06:08 PM
When picking up the items did you individually do it, or just hold 'x' and pick up all the stuff in the area?

I picked up each item individually and I also waited for each item description to appear off the screen before picking up another

yippy smalz
09-30-2010, 06:35 PM

and wen u say main story you mean all tannis and blake missions?

MadRaver81
09-30-2010, 07:10 PM
been farming for over 16 hours now. I've not been counting but it seems to be f**ked for me. Might start with a new character and see how it goes.

Ryot Control
09-30-2010, 07:20 PM
So can anyone confirm that anyone popped achievements during the Final Boss fight under any circumstances? (main character, alt character, co-op or single player) I sat there for 8 hours and collected everything and nothing, and I'm thinking that maybe everyone that is popping the achievement is collecting items the first area you go to in the DLC.

nfntjy
09-30-2010, 08:33 PM
So can anyone confirm that anyone popped achievements during the Final Boss fight under any circumstances? (main character, alt character, co-op or single player) I sat there for 8 hours and collected everything and nothing, and I'm thinking that maybe everyone that is popping the achievement is collecting items the first area you go to in the DLC.

I had 3 achievements pop during the boss fight (2nd time through)

here are my circumstances: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=3565933&postcount=70

DarkCreations
09-30-2010, 09:07 PM

I have just had the "It's so realistic!" (5 3D Glasses) achievement pop on an alt character.

It never popped on my 61 Hunter after picking up 11 in one session so i went onto my 22 Berserker ran through all the phases until the MINAC fight and have just gone around killing Clap-Traps to try and get 3D glasses and thank god it popped!

Not sure about the others yet though but i'll keep trying.

I tried an alt because i remember that the 1 million money achievement glitched on my Hunter before and i had to use this berserker to get it.

Looks like an alt character may solve the problem.

NewSparta
09-30-2010, 09:23 PM
Ugh, my poor xbox D:, I left it on for 18 hours, checking in at 11 hours to try and pick up, but only had 10 minutes(school) so I went back to spot, when I come back. Xbox is still running, game froze T_T.

Can anybody comfirm If I go back(I'm on single player,not online) will the items be there?

I spawned at Tatarus when I restarted xbox.

Disco Ball
09-30-2010, 09:29 PM
my xbox did the same thing frooze overnight, damn you new slim model. Anywho if you go back everythings wiped out. Need to rebeat the bosses and sit idle again.

NewSparta
09-30-2010, 09:32 PM
my xbox did the same thing frooze overnight, damn you new slim model. Anywho if you go back everythings wiped out. Need to rebeat the bosses and sit idle again. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU .

I felt so bad that I said "Sorry Xbox" when I got home lul......

Zombie Izzardx
09-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Tried that last night before going to bed. Thought I had a safe spot. Woke up and was in the shed surrounded by bits and pieces. Luckily the achivements didn't glitch.

Klebo
10-01-2010, 12:01 AM
I left mine for like 6 hours and got

48 panties
28 oil cans
25 3d glasses
25 bobble heads
42 fish
18 pizza

No chevo's for any of em GLITCHED X.X!!!!!!

exception360
10-01-2010, 03:46 AM
Official response from Gearbox about the glitched achievements:
DLC4 Achievement Bug (http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=111774) (PC Steam/PS3/Xbox360)

To get all the collecting achievements you MUST unlock them in THIS specific order:

1: “What a party!”
2: “It’s so realistic”
3: “Bobble-trap”
4: “The Lubricator”
5: “Tourist”

Example:

If you first unlock “It’s so realistic” you will NOT be able to unlock the other collecting achievements.

They will try fix this in the upcoming Title Update which will be available in October so the achievements will automatically unlock if you met the requirements for the achievements.

MEATSAW
10-01-2010, 06:59 AM
At least now we have some official clarification. Its sucks because I have "the tourist" achievement making it impossible for me to get the last 3 achievements that I need. I spent 28 straight hours farming this stuff too (talk about poor xbox) in one sitting...

MadRaver81
10-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Ok.... i started with a new character, got a friend to help level me up and copied a max shield off of them. Did some farming last night for 5 hours, started collecting everything this morning and the achievements popped for two of the last three i was missing. Just need about 7 more pizzas now for the last one to pop. I already had the 3d glasses achievement before trying this. If anyone doesn't want to wait for the update i would try this :woop:

Damian 83
10-01-2010, 02:12 PM
sorry, but hy destroy turrets? for me destroy one turret is harder than killing the minac... why about stay in any part of map, getting killed and respawn over and over?

exception360
10-01-2010, 03:49 PM
sorry, but hy destroy turrets? for me destroy one turret is harder than killing the minac... why about stay in any part of map, getting killed and respawn over and over?

They can be killed easily by using a explosive sniper (I can kill them within a few minutes). After destroying the turrets, it's more easy to search for (specific) collectibles :)

Damian 83
10-01-2010, 05:27 PM
They can be killed easily by using a explosive sniper (I can kill them within a few minutes). After destroying the turrets, it's more easy to search for (specific) collectibles :)

ok but the guide says to destroy turrets BEFORE farming. if i have to destroy them after ive waited for 10 hours, its pointless. its faster that i destroy minac instead...

JONBLEACH
10-01-2010, 08:08 PM
I still dont really get it.

So MINAC spawns you kill the turrets then u sit behind rocks for hours.

1) Then after the desired amount of time do u then hop out and kill him then start collecting???
2) How are there items on the ground if all you have been doing is hiding?

thanks for any clear up

VincentG
10-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Official response from Gearbox about the glitched achievements:
DLC4 Achievement Bug (http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=111774) (PC Steam/PS3/Xbox360)

To get all the collecting achievements you MUST unlock them in THIS specific order:

Example:

If you first unlock “It’s so realistic” you will NOT be able to unlock the other collecting achievements.

They will try fix this in the upcoming Title Update which will be available in October so the achievements will automatically unlock if you met the requirements for the achievements.

Holy sh*t. Gearbox f*cked up this DLC pretty much.
Not a very special setting, beside claptraps and some fun sometimes.
Short DLC.
Boring achievements (collecting zzzzzz).
Glitched ...

So, I'll just wait untill the title update is available. Nothing more to do for me now in this DLC.

FarmerJay
10-03-2010, 10:01 AM
2) How are there items on the ground if all you have been doing is hiding?

The claptraps blow themselves up and leave behind collectibles and parts.

Scotty
10-03-2010, 03:00 PM
this is just rediculous, an 8 month or so wait and 800msp later and everyone has to leave their console on for 8 hours just for fucking collectibles is just BS, this was/is a massive soul crushing dissapointment of a DLC and they should be ashamed. been doing this method now for about 5 hours and i've collected 4 oil cans, 2 bobbleheads and 3 pizza and about 6000 clapfish/3d glasses. FUCK YOU gearbox.

Damian 83
10-03-2010, 04:46 PM
this is just rediculous, an 8 month or so wait and 800msp later and everyone has to leave their console on for 8 hours just for fucking collectibles is just BS, this was/is a massive soul crushing dissapointment of a DLC and they should be ashamed. been doing this method now for about 5 hours and i've collected 4 oil cans, 2 bobbleheads and 3 pizza and about 6000 clapfish/3d glasses. FUCK YOU gearbox.

ehm never played before games that u leave console powered whole night???
GT4 on ps2: 24h endurance race, that becomes 8h in manager mode...
the same with FM2 and FM3. u lend a driver and u complete endurances while u are sleeping. and there are much more games that i dont remember right now...

Scotty
10-03-2010, 08:07 PM
ehm never played before games that u leave console powered whole night???
GT4 on ps2: 24h endurance race, that becomes 8h in manager mode...
the same with FM2 and FM3. u lend a driver and u complete endurances while u are sleeping. and there are much more games that i dont remember right now...
it shouldnt be normal or acceptable to leave your console on over night its stupid, and think of your electricity bill.

Creeping monte
10-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Im tempted to do the same thing. I just dont get why theyd release this wo the level boost and the bug fix. How did the testers react? Why waste my time now. Besides Left4Dead dlc on tuesday!!!

Damian 83
10-04-2010, 12:59 AM
it shouldnt be normal or acceptable to leave your console on over night its stupid, and think of your electricity bill.

really??? so waste your electricity on getting 10.000 kills on gow1! i know people (and i think u know them too) that wasted more than8h on boosting that achievement.... and of course they wasted also tv electricity and LIFE TIME...

anyway, no one tells u to get that achievements. you are free to do everything else

shadowrowin
10-04-2010, 01:30 AM
I can confirm this method works, and more over, seems to override the achievement glitch. I had "It's so realistic" first, and then got "whats a party!", then "The lubricator" then " bobble-trap"

so, for glitched gamers, may be helpful

MissGIRLKombat
10-04-2010, 05:25 AM
Oh my GOTH! This method worked perfectly I manage to get all the achievements in ONE playthrough. I did the collectables exactly in this order.

Thank you so much

RedmptionDenied
10-04-2010, 07:53 AM
First off, great info by the TC, can't imagine trying to do this one jumping back and forth between areas.

I'm gonna try this method since I'm so bored of farming for hours on end. I was running around in the first playthrough with my Level 61 and whenever MINAC would open the front door to let the claptraps through I'd fire endlessly. It seems that he spawns more than the usual 3-6 claptraps if you kill them within the time period that the front door is still open. The result is a giant mess of trophies underneath MINAC that you can collect when he moves on. It is definitely faster than the above-posted method, but I doubt anyone would want to keep this up for 3-4 hours.

Left my system on for around 10 hours and had 2/3rds of the collectibles then started doing this for the next 2-3 hours. If you're right in front of him shooting where they come out you can get 15-20 kills sometimes. Definitely speeds it up and is way more effective than farming elsewhere. Got "It's so realistic" first and still managed to unlock all the rest. Granted it was all single player and in one massive session so that may have helped.

:whs

Milosuperspesh
10-04-2010, 10:18 PM
dunno if this has been suggested

i played this through once on pt1 with a lvl32 hunter with a class mod that gives loot bonus maybe this helps ?

as out of the 3 sessions i've been on the dlc i've unlocked the 3d glasses, always got one bobble head, got about 5 oil cans and enough fish, panties tho waiting on pizza lol

i have finished all missions as well

Mindslave
10-05-2010, 04:54 AM
does anyone have tips on finding pizzas. I think im close to finishing the oilcans and like halfway to the bobbleheads, but I have only found 1 pizza in all of my time on the dlc.

amacteur
10-05-2010, 09:30 AM
does anyone have tips on finding pizzas. I think im close to finishing the oilcans and like halfway to the bobbleheads, but I have only found 1 pizza in all of my time on the dlc.

I've been farming for 6 hours, 0 pizza, 2 bobbleheads, 9 oil cans, 8 fishes, 6 panties, 7 glasses... wow it's so boriiing :(

Scotty
10-05-2010, 07:52 PM
sorry dude there are no tips, all the collectibles are completely radom, just keep going, unfortunately

Scotty
10-05-2010, 08:01 PM
really??? so waste your electricity on getting 10.000 kills on gow1! i know people (and i think u know them too) that wasted more than8h on boosting that achievement.... and of course they wasted also tv electricity and LIFE TIME...

anyway, no one tells u to get that achievements. you are free to do everything else
very true, but i think just by the fact that im a member of an achievement hunting website should show that i want to get cheevo's. anyway, my dummy is back in now and im gonna wait for the patch see if they change the drop rates. have a good day.:) even though its night time.

JONBLEACH
10-06-2010, 01:48 AM
So if you farm the last boss what are the steps?

Are they like this:

Shoot all turrets off on MINAC

then hide at that rock

*Then kill minac and collect items?
> Do u have to kill him after or do u just keep him alive then collect items then save/quit and reload?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically i played single player with level 61 siren on 1st playthru, tryed for 3D glasses but didnt pop so i eventually got tourist.

Instead of making 2nd character I just started the 2nd Playthru with the same character and i unlocked the Its So Realistic. So i was wondering if the rest of the achievements wud be possible on the 2nd playthru right now. I have been just farming the dump and i would get 1-2 special items per run. I was still thinking about making my way to MINAC but i dont know.

minibuu
10-06-2010, 05:49 AM
First off, great info by the TC, can't imagine trying to do this one jumping back and forth between areas.

Left my system on for around 10 hours and had 2/3rds of the collectibles then started doing this for the next 2-3 hours. If you're right in front of him shooting where they come out you can get 15-20 kills sometimes. Definitely speeds it up and is way more effective than farming elsewhere. Got "It's so realistic" first and still managed to unlock all the rest. Granted it was all single player and in one massive session so that may have helped.

:whs

i did what you suggested shooting claptraps as they come out
and it took me 3 and half hours to get all the collectible achievements
drops way more items giving you more chances for collectible items

Fear Warrior
10-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Is there a way to check exactley how many pizzas and other collectables we have already picked up ? I have totaly lost count ?

Scotty
10-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Is there a way to check exactley how many pizzas and other collectables we have already picked up ? I have totaly lost count ?
no there's no way of knowing unfortunately. i wrote down on paper what i got as i got it.

turkeyfly
10-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Take a character that hasn't been to the dlc yet. DON'T LOOK AT ANY OF THE TOURIST STATUES!!!! Get to the end by the Big Claptrap, hide somewhere for a few hours, go collect items, and sit longer if you have to. I had to collect twice before I got all of my pizzas. Just collect until cheevo pops. No order, just pick em all up.

Mindslave
10-06-2010, 11:26 PM
I just got the what a party! achievement. This is the list in which I got achievements so far
Its so Realistic!
The Collector(Mission)
Knoxx-Trap(Mission)
Ned-Trap(Mission)
Steele-Trap(Mission)
Muerte la robo-lucion(Mission)
The Lubricator
Bobble-Trap
What a Party

I am about to go unlock the Tourist achievement. What I did is got every statue except for the one on the way to wayward path. Also, every collectible was gotten on my level 61 siren. I never picked an item up on any character and achievements unlocked on time everytime. Definitely the most annoying thing was getting pizzas.

PS: If you guys will be sitting at the xbox, I highly recommend standing in front of the MINAC and killing the claptraps instead of waiting, this way you get everything right away and you get more enemies in less time. Good Luck!

FakeJamaican
10-07-2010, 03:34 AM
leaving the 360 on all night is foolish. I got the rest of these (100% now) by taking the advice and standing in front of the door of the MINAC when it spawns claptraps. You do get about 12 claptraps with a high powered shotgun if you aim correctly.

All of this was done after glitching my first character with the tourist achievement and having to redo the fetch it achievements with a new, lower level character. Took about 2 hours total of trial and error farming.

Can someone confirm that this is the last borderlands DLC?

piyama
10-07-2010, 05:02 AM
I did the same thing as FakeJamaican, down to having to do this with a second character. Probably took 2-3 hours total. The Minac farming (specifically shotgun blasting the divine wind claptraps when the door opens) beats the hell out of farming the scrapyard. Now I can just enjoy the level cap increase (whenever that happens) and forget about this lackluster dlc.

BAD BLOOD BIGGY
10-07-2010, 05:42 AM
Here's a few good tips when doing this method.

1. Never hold X to pick up a large group of loot and collectibles. It might pick up a pizza or a pink panties and never tell you at the top of the screen.
2. I farmed this while I was asleep. When I woke up, I killed MINAC and INAC, and let the credits role. That way I could pick up everything that I could see with no distractions.
3. Make sure you kill MINAC in the spot where he stops and NO claptraps come out. It's directly in the middle of the area.
4. Use a notebook and mark down each oil can, bobble-head, pizza, etc you collect. Because if the game glitches and you don't unlock any one achievement at the desired number, then you would most likely have to wait for the update. If this happens, I say put Borderlands on the shelf, grab another game, and enjoy it until the patch releases.

Hopefully these tips help

FakeJamaican
10-07-2010, 07:48 AM
I did the same thing as FakeJamaican, down to having to do this with a second character. Probably took 2-3 hours total. The Minac farming (specifically shotgun blasting the divine wind claptraps when the door opens) beats the hell out of farming the scrapyard. Now I can just enjoy the level cap increase (whenever that happens) and forget about this lackluster dlc.

i don't imagine there will be achievements added to the level cap increase. Isn't there a rule about adding achievements only if it's DLC?

JONBLEACH
10-07-2010, 02:10 PM
I still have a question, if u kill the claptraps at the door when they spawn, and say you get bored and want to leave, do u just save and quit without killing MINAC, because then doesnt it shaft you over if u load it back up?

Say: i kill them for a while

Then: I want to leave and maybe farm some more later

What do i do so it doesnt shaft me over?

Odessa
10-07-2010, 08:19 PM
The last area is definitely the way to go (thank you for suggesting this).

Just in case someone else does this: I jumped into my friend's game (Play through 1) and we spent some time killing and picking up things. Unfortunately we didn't realize that it only counts for the person picking the item up. Now I have to play through to get the final ones on my own so that I can get the last remaining achievements. I agree that holding down X isn't a good idea and marking them off is best. My Siren's rare finds mod didn't seem to help at all either.

FakeJamaican
10-07-2010, 10:12 PM
I still have a question, if u kill the claptraps at the door when they spawn, and say you get bored and want to leave, do u just save and quit without killing MINAC, because then doesnt it shaft you over if u load it back up?

As long as you haven't activated the TOURIST achievement, and you exit properly, it will save what you've collected for next time. Even if you kill the MINAC, you can replay it later by going back to him.

piyama
10-08-2010, 02:42 AM
i don't imagine there will be achievements added to the level cap increase. Isn't there a rule about adding achievements only if it's DLC?

yeah I didn't mean to imply they are adding achievements. I just meant that I can focus on leveling and looking for sweet loot (the things that make borderlands fun) without having to worry about these awful collectible achievements.

Mindslave
10-08-2010, 03:54 PM

You Pick up the items you need, then just save and quit. When you come back to the game you have to kill the 3 trap bosses to get back to minac then just start farming. If you didnt know, even if you have already killed MINAC, he spawns back, kinda like crawmerax except you have to fight your way back to him again.

R6soldier
10-09-2010, 04:59 AM
anyone know if it counts if you pick up a collectible and die and spawn?? does it count as one?? i collected a oil can and got ran over...does that mean i'm back to zero??

Scotty
10-09-2010, 08:31 AM
anyone know if it counts if you pick up a collectible and die and spawn?? does it count as one?? i collected a oil can and got ran over...does that mean i'm back to zero??
no, it save stuff you pick up as long as you save the game before exiting you will stll have your oil can.

Ice Car
10-09-2010, 08:36 AM
http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=111774

Thought I'd post this if you guys are having trouble unlocking.

--:RobboDaFunko:--
10-09-2010, 09:23 AM
http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=111774

Thought I'd post this if you guys are having trouble unlocking.

Old news I'm afraid Bro. ;)

Anyway, I got all the achievements this morning but in a different order like others have said:

1. It's So Realistic
2. The Lubricator
3. Bobble-Trap
4. What A Party
5. Tourist

I had 4 pairs of 3D glasses and accidently picked up the 5th pair, so I thought I was screwed. Carried on farming the MINAC (left it on for 8 hours overnight). I had 24 Oil Cans & 14 Bobbleheads, then accidently picked up an Oil Can before the BobbleHead, Lubricator popped, so I went over a grabbed a Bobblehead and Nothing, No achievement, thought it had glitched, carried on grabbing items, then when I grabbed another Oil Can, the Bobblehead Achieve popped, wierd?!?!

Then grabbed some remaining Pizza's to get the Party Achieve......so as long as you don't have The Tourist you can get the others in any order, but they still don't seem to pop correctly.

Patch'll be here soon enough tho.... ;)

R6soldier
10-09-2010, 06:25 PM
i got all achievements this morning too...i can definitely say all collectibles can be collected as long as you dont pick up any statues

Jastermereel02
10-10-2010, 01:56 AM
thank you so much for this, it took me 10 hours with this method and i didnt have to lift a finger. also this is easier if you do this as a 61 on playthrough 1. takes about 30 minutes to do the main quests and then sit behind the bus by the rocks for 10 hours and you will definitely have enough parts to finish all the collectibles. Keep in mind, DO NOT GRAB any statues during the collectible run, i would suggest doing that on Playthrough 2 or after you collected the items.

Ice Car
10-10-2010, 02:30 AM
Old news I'm afraid Bro. ;)
I've actually known about it for a while, but since it wasn't in the OP I posted it. :woop:

Vampyreheart920
10-10-2010, 03:02 PM
I left my xbox on for 10+ hours letting the claptraps explode at the final boss area and then killed of MINAC. Picked up over triple plus of each item, making sure I got everything single one that was dropped. Achievements didn't pop up, saved and quit and reloaded my character. Nothing. So hoping they'll retroactively appear when the patch comes through this week. If not, I am so close to giving up.

olomon2009
10-10-2010, 07:19 PM
not the best dlc but its borderlands

Chozo_Lord
10-11-2010, 05:10 AM
This technique ended up working for me. Since I got all of the Achievements in no specific order, as long as I did them before going for the Tourist Achievement, I got them just fine.

Hope this helps you guys out, don't give up!

jtr1gg3r
10-17-2010, 01:51 AM
Just did this for 10 hours and got everything except "bobble-trap"

I found 4 >_>

Im seriously just gonna give up, the drop rates are just fucking stupid.

EDIT:

I've done ANOTHER 9 hour farming session today, and about 1 million of the bleeding things showed up =P

Anyway, as long as you get Tourist last, your alright. Not one cheev has glitched on me in Borderlands, just these collectables took the piss. Oh well, Im happy :)

I got 1750g now.

Inebriated Jedi
10-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Ignore this, I was able to find out the answer. :)

brandonator14
10-28-2010, 12:11 AM
only need one more collectibles achievement, the oil cans, man i wish it was only 5 cuz i am so lost with how many i have. Then i have to do the tourist one then this game is SOLD!

StW
10-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Doing this as we speak, hopefully all goes well :)

Mumbles
10-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Hi..Can anyone confirm whether or not the collectables only count for the person picking them up?..For example if I am playing with friends and I pick up 3D glasses do we both get them or just me?..Thanks.

StW
10-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi..Can anyone confirm whether or not the collectables only count for the person picking them up?..For example if I am playing with friends and I pick up 3D glasses do we both get them or just me?..Thanks.

Just you, whoever picks it up gets it.

Quid Squid
11-02-2010, 03:41 PM
I know this is pretty obvious, but I just found out the hard way at 6 hours...

Turn the automatic shutdown option on your xbox off. This was set on my system and shut it down after 6 hours while I was sleeping.

Brawl Kirby
11-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Ima do it this weekend and hopefully get everything I need.

Still missing somewhere around 10 oil cans, 6-7 bobble traps and 8 pizzas.

I was hoping the patch would increase the drop rate for the colectables but nothing changed *sigh*

sleepingrhino
11-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Does anyone have any other ideas how to get these claptraps to drop those items?

As I don't have a wired controller making this impossible.

Also can you see how many items you have in your inventory anywhere? Like oil can's, or bobbleheads?

Ice Car
11-06-2010, 02:58 AM
Cool guide bro.

I might add this to my farming guide over in Gearbox Forums. I'll give credit to this guide if you allow me to use this as a reference. :uzi:

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=112671

Malkaiah
11-06-2010, 11:28 AM

That's not an issue as long as you have a Play & Charge kit. Just take the battery out of the controller and connect it, it will then behave like a wired controller. They're really cheap nowadays if you don't have one.

gem2021
11-06-2010, 01:36 PM
if i do playthrough 1 and get some of the collectibles (3d glasses, pizza, etc.) and do a playthrough 2 and keep whatever i got from playthrough 1?

Nei Debrusc
11-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Does anyone have any other ideas how to get these claptraps to drop those items?

Also can you see how many items you have in your inventory anywhere? Like oil can's, or bobbleheads?
No way of knowing how much of whatever you've picked up unless you're keeping track yourself. If you don't have a wired controller, you can just hide in a corner and keep coming back every 10 minutes or so. My wireless turn off after 10-15 minutes, so I just do something else next to the TV, and when the screen darkens, I pick up the controller and run around gathering all the stuff that dropped. I prefer it this way because I'll know exactly when I have everything.

On a side note, I've noticed that there's apparently a tier system to the clap-trap drops now. I think someone else mentioned it here, but once I got all the oil cans and bobbleheads (already had the glasses), I'm not seeing as many of those but I've found a few pizzas, which I had only seen one of previously. The pizzas don't drop as often as, say, panties and fish, but I've picked up 5 within 30 minutes.

Iv AJay vI
11-06-2010, 02:28 PM
On a side note, I've noticed that there's apparently a tier system to the clap-trap drops now. I think someone else mentioned it here, but once I got all the oil cans and bobbleheads (already had the glasses), I'm not seeing as many of those but I've found a few pizzas, which I had only seen one of previously. The pizzas don't drop as often as, say, panties and fish, but I've picked up 5 within 30 minutes.

You may have just been lucky. Whenever I unlocked one of the collectible achievements, I seem to find the items I don't need more then ones I do. Real helpful. All I have left is the bobbleheads, and after leaving it on over night, I only found 3.

ImmortalArbiter
11-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Honestly, I'd say actively farming the drops is your best bet. It took me 2 hours to get everything. The only things I had picked up before the patch were 3-D Glasses, Panties, Fish, and a few Oil Cans.

This is far better than leaving your Xbox on for 6-10 hours overnight, I'd think.

RickyMcG
11-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Great guide. Instead of hiding, I take out all turrets and then sit behind the door respawning the Kamikaze claptraps. +22 Ammo Regen and a decent AR or SMG. I usually manage around 8 kills before MINAC moves to another place. I just follow it and repeat.

The only minor but highly annoying thing about it is the length it takes to get there, destroy the turrets and use the method above for hours only to receive one or two collectibles; in my case it's pizza. I managed around two in 3 hours work. However, I managed my last Oil-cans and Bobbleheads with MINAC.

I'll take skill-based achievements over luck-based achievements anytime. I'll probably go to him one last time later on - And hope I can knock six pizza's off for my 1750.

DarkDraco90
11-06-2010, 06:40 PM
There is no easy eay of getting this, it takes ages:mad:

sleepingrhino
11-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Honestly, I'd say actively farming the drops is your best bet. It took me 2 hours to get everything. The only things I had picked up before the patch were 3-D Glasses, Panties, Fish, and a few Oil Cans.

This is far better than leaving your Xbox on for 6-10 hours overnight, I'd think.

Immortal, what spots are you going to specifically to do this? Or what in game areas?

Thanks, I really hate leaving my xbox running for hours...

Scotty
11-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Immortal, what spots are you going to specifically to do this? Or what in game areas?

he must be talking about the final boss the only other two places i think are in the junk yard and they dont respawn very fast there. also i did it actively aswell, probably took me 3-4 hours, just put some music on or something it'll fly past.

Odessa
11-06-2010, 09:41 PM
he must be talking about the final boss the only other two places i think are in the junk yard and they dont respawn very fast there. also i did it actively aswell, probably took me 3-4 hours, just put some music on or something it'll fly past.

I can't imagine him getting everything in two hours there either. I'm over two hours right now and have only gotten 3 Bobbleheads and 5 oil cans (the last of my achievements. The other items aren't dropping that frequently either.

EDIT: Just re-read it. I am assuming he means actively farming (running around) instead of being idle. I tried this too (pre-patch) and wasn't getting anything from the dumpster area. If we were able to share the drops it would be easier since you could at least run around with someone. I can attest that when me and my friend did this the drops were only slightly better, which might have been because of the extra person. Certainly not a two hour for all better.

the_b1ues
11-06-2010, 09:52 PM
this is really pissing me off im at the point of giving up i gave up before the patch and was hoping for an increase in drop rate which didnt happen. Its takeing to long i havnt even seen a bobblehead or oil can yet.

Firvagor
11-06-2010, 10:10 PM
With three of us chasing MINAC around and killing everything that popped out, it took us about 4-5 hours for all of us to get everything we needed (we only had 3d glasses done). People screaming in terror (literally) and turning around to see them get run over by MINAC never got old. :D

Other than the ridiculous amounts of motherboards we had tons of clap-fish, with pizza being the most rare. The rest dropped fairly often.

Pinion13
11-06-2010, 10:23 PM
F the bobbleheads. I've been farming (letting the game sit for hours and running around both) this level since 6 am and still don't have enough. I finally got enough freaking pizza. What a stupid set of achievements.

Pinion13
11-06-2010, 10:24 PM
this is really pissing me off im at the point of giving up i gave up before the patch and was hoping for an increase in drop rate which didnt happen. Its takeing to long i havnt even seen a bobblehead or oil can yet.

Once you finally get enough oil cans they spawn constantly. It's really cute.

the_b1ues
11-06-2010, 10:33 PM
how do you replay the last boss if you have already beaten him?

Pinion13
11-06-2010, 11:32 PM
Quitting to the main menu then going back works for me. To be extra sure, spawn to another area like the badlands, then quit to the menu, then go back.

Odessa
11-06-2010, 11:44 PM
how do you replay the last boss if you have already beaten him?

You can fight him over and over. I read in another thread here the location. Just pass Tannis and hop down to the town. Stick to the left wall when you reach the bottom of the stairs. You will hit a fence. Hop over it and go left. You go through the other mini bosses (trying not to list spoilers) and then the last one. You can farm there by going into the metal caged area on the far left side (if you are facing outward from the bus). Just hop in back of the garbage container so you are facing the door. They cannot harm you really if they happen to come in.

Pinion13
11-07-2010, 12:56 AM
12 hours of farming and I have my stupid 1750 points. Ugh.

ImmortalArbiter
11-07-2010, 11:05 AM

Sorry I didn't clarify! I farmed at the last boss - I just took out his turrets, and then followed him around. When the Claptrap door opened I just shot endlessly into the Claptrap spawner until it closed. I always had a big pile of loot to pick up when it moved, and I just held down X since I didn't feel like writing everything down, and planned on doing it all in one sitting anyway.

I was using Lilith, so I was generally able to get all of the loot, then Phase Shift over to the next spot before the Claptraps started coming out. Also, I may have been extremely lucky, but it did only take me 2hours to get the 15 Bobbleheads and 15 pizzas (really the only two 'hard' drops), along with the 20 or so Oil cans I needed. Oh, and before anyone asks, I was not using a Mod that increases Rare Drops - just one with SMG dmg and ammo regen.

BristolMeth
11-08-2010, 01:00 AM
Did it the lazy way. Took ages, stupid bobbleheads.

Odessa
11-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Sorry I didn't clarify! I farmed at the last boss - I just took out his turrets, and then followed him around. When the Claptrap door opened I just shot endlessly into the Claptrap spawner until it closed. I always had a big pile of loot to pick up when it moved, and I just held down X since I didn't feel like writing everything down, and planned on doing it all in one sitting anyway.

I was using Lilith, so I was generally able to get all of the loot, then Phase Shift over to the next spot before the Claptraps started coming out. Also, I may have been extremely lucky, but it did only take me 2hours to get the 15 Bobbleheads and 15 pizzas (really the only two 'hard' drops), along with the 20 or so Oil cans I needed. Oh, and before anyone asks, I was not using a Mod that increases Rare Drops - just one with SMG dmg and ammo regen.

You are one lucky duck. I switched to actively farming and it still took me another two hours to get a total of 10 oil cans and about 10 bobbleheads. I was using Lillith with the Rare finds mod (while switching to ammo regen every once in a while. I'm just glad it's over with.

DeathStarkill
11-11-2010, 06:23 AM

Does the INACTIVE way even work anymore...POST PATCH? I took out all of the turrets and I am hiding in the spot mentioned by the OP. However, the claptraps just seem to sit still and not come after me and blow up? Did Gearbox fix that glitch? The claps won't come after me unless they physically can see me....

Can anyone please confirm if the old farming way still works?? Obviously since I'm hidden I can't see the claps but I feel like they are not explodinf out there (based on the red dots on radar) Am I doing something wrong or should I just let the time pass?

Quickdraw
11-11-2010, 10:25 AM
ive been running it for a few hours does seem to still work for me, i don't have one of them rare item mods, wish i did this is going to take awhile. they seem to die and drop stuff still but i swear some of them start to despawn after awhile. the quest bits that is.

Sheriff Bullock
11-11-2010, 04:58 PM
I can also confirm this method still works post patch. I hid behind a rock (no rare drop mod) overnight, and in the morning there was enough crap on the ground to unlock the achievements. The rarest item is the bobble head, with the pizza coming in second.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
11-11-2010, 08:46 PM
I thought I was lucky and collected all claptraps bobbleheads and got the achievement but after that the drop rate dropped very deeply. I hope it will change sometime

DeathStarkill
11-12-2010, 01:13 AM
I can also confirm this method still works post patch. I hid behind a rock (no rare drop mod) overnight, and in the morning there was enough crap on the ground to unlock the achievements. The rarest item is the bobble head, with the pizza coming in second.

Thanks Sheriff!!

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
11-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Thank god I'm done now :woop:
And I got the achievements earlier than expected!
1750G Baby!!!

Yannie Boy
11-13-2010, 04:21 PM
Used this method while I went to work. Already was on the last Collect mission for 150. So after around 9 hours or so, got home from work and there were TONS of stuff. Slowed the game down because of so many green lines on the screen. But worked like a charm either way.

ParalyzedShadow
11-20-2010, 06:23 AM
Going to let this sit here for about 12 hours. If I don't get it, something is wrong.

I will say thanks though for this guide! Hopefully it helps!

Leechkid
11-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Not looking forward to getting the collectables, i did it the other day for 5 hours and i got like, 2 pizza slices

ParalyzedShadow
11-20-2010, 06:17 PM
Worked like a charm! Thanks so much for this guide!!

Cincaid
11-24-2010, 10:23 AM
I let mine sit for 9 hours while hiding behind the rock. Got plenty of items, but only 3 or 4 Oil Cans (which is the last achievement I need now) so still need about 15 or so of those. Will try the "fire into opening door"-tactic when I get home to see if that's better.

Worst achievements I've seen in a good while.

Ice Car
11-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Bump.

I don't know if you guys care, but this is on 87Bazillion now...

http://87bazillion.com/2010/11/27/easy-collect-achievements/

MINKISS
12-10-2010, 03:28 AM
can someone comfirm this still works hidding behind the rock cause i let it go for 4 hours and could hear the clatraps exploding but when i cam arounf there was nothing there?

TOBY DA THUG
12-11-2010, 01:25 AM
seems to be working fine for me

MINKISS
12-11-2010, 02:03 AM
idk when i use the rock method theres nothing there so i just found some other place to hide and it worked for me and i got all 3 of the achievements within 5 hours

the action frampton
12-11-2010, 03:48 AM
Man these achievements suck, the drop rate is horrible. I think I'd rather do the underdome achievements again than this. Currently sitting at 1700 and might settle for that.

Any advice if I don't have wired controller or play n charge? Would elastic bank round the right analogue stick work, or maybe a GH/RB guitar? Please can someone let me know if they tried either of these things.

Thanks guys and happy hunting !!

Scotty
12-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Man these achievements suck, the drop rate is horrible. I think I'd rather do the underdome achievements again than this. Currently sitting at 1700 and might settle for that.

Any advice if I don't have wired controller or play n charge? Would elastic bank round the right analogue stick work, or maybe a GH/RB guitar? Please can someone let me know if they tried either of these things.

Thanks guys and happy hunting !! the controller needs to be play'n'charge or wired for it to stay on, so i dont think it will work. try actively farming minac itworked for me, its just tediously boring:rant:.

redsleigh
12-15-2010, 12:13 AM
So to be clear, the "leave your xbox on" farming works post patch, but active farming does not work post patch?

Mormking
12-17-2010, 01:22 AM
EDIT: Sorry, too tired to stay awake anymore.

thehellbeast
12-17-2010, 02:04 PM
if anyone reads this within the next hour or 2 i just got my last collectable achievement and after leaving my system on for over 8 hours i still have plenty of items left to be collected. message me on live and ill invite you.

Shadow Fenix
12-19-2010, 12:09 AM
If anyone has any collectibles, namely the Oil Cans and Bobbleheads, please message me. Thanks

Law
12-22-2010, 02:40 AM
So to be clear, the "leave your xbox on" farming works post patch, but active farming does not work post patch?

Active farming still works, I just did it.

MorbidEclipse24
12-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Im hoping i can go legit on the collectibles.. if it comes down to it ill have to try the farming i suppose

Halvers Son
12-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the hard work ... great road map.

Tarvu
12-26-2010, 12:52 AM
See, I can't do this method because of the update that introduced scaling. Since every enemy is now Level 60+ getting these last three achievements is such a fucking chore. I hate Borderlands so goddamn much right now.

Shdwwrym
12-26-2010, 02:51 AM
Playthrough 1 claptraps have the same droprates for these items and less HP, even if they seem to be the same level. Plus clearing the DLC on each playthrough gives you an extra skill point, those're always good!

sublime shooter
12-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Some one invite me too these collectables grinding plz

deadmaninc22
12-30-2010, 10:18 AM
im starting MINAC farming right now, ill have my xbox on for the next 8-9 hours, message me on xbl if u want an invite before i turn off my xbox.

farming blows.

MadBananaS125ru
01-02-2011, 04:31 PM
I just found another good spot to left your character for all night.There is small room in south-western corner of the map and couple of boxes inside it. If you jump on tha back garbage boxes - only few camikazes will find you but they will explode before the doors. MINAC also will not shoot you with red beam. I don't try to seat there BEFORE killing all of his turrets, but I think he will not shoot you with them too.
Sorry for my english :) Hope it will usefull for someone.

xtophourescence
01-02-2011, 10:05 PM
This worked perfectly for me, i had a hard time collecting the pizzas but after doing this for like 5 hours i had everything.

SHIMA 41
01-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Just used this method to get pretty much all the collectibles, worked a treat. Glad I held off this DLC till someone found a good method. Thank you :)

twisted poke
01-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Sorry if I missed the answer to this question in the thread. Has the glitch that requires you to collect the items in a certain order been fixed? Thanks in advance for the help.

Scotty
01-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Sorry if I missed the answer to this question in the thread. Has the glitch that requires you to collect the items in a certain order been fixed? Thanks in advance for the help. yes, i believe it has.:)

InitiallyJRL
01-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Im in a game now trying to get the gas cans. There is a shit ton of stuff here so if anyone needs some stuff, send me a FR. I got some of everything here. All I ask is let me get the gas.

HELLSPWAN 88
01-13-2011, 04:39 PM
Nice will be trying this out now thanks for the info

DaRKSWeeNeY
01-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Got all the achievements pretty easily behind that rock. :)
Now, need to finish the Underdome. :(

thedon0926
01-15-2011, 03:57 AM
If I kill minac will I be able to pick everything up or will i have to pick everything up then kill him..

ozgoon56
01-15-2011, 11:50 AM
If I kill minac will I be able to pick everything up or will i have to pick everything up then kill him..

You can finish both stages of the boss fight and all the item drops will still be there to pick up afterwards.

KingSigy
01-24-2011, 09:02 AM
I went 13 hours and I'm still missing oil cans. What the fuck?! This DLC sucks, haha.

GOWnage
01-28-2011, 10:13 AM
Left my Xbox on all night because the only thing I now need is pizza. After 9 hours sleep, not one pizza. Plenty of gears though.

stranger91
01-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Left my Xbox on all night because the only thing I now need is pizza. After 9 hours sleep, not one pizza. Plenty of gears though.

I'm having the same problem with pizza drops, I have farmed the MINAC about 15 times now. I have collected about 25 clap-fish and 15 pink panties but I am struggling to get pizza.

Bobble heads and oil cans are dropping all the time.

XpG Mikeydog G
01-28-2011, 08:48 PM
It seems to be random for everyone. i left my Xbox on last night for 8 hours. I had 6 bobbleheads, 11 pizza's, and 13 oil cans. Now all I need are 5 more bobbleheads and hoping to get that tonight when I sleep.

Good luck to all. Just a note. Pizza and the bobbleheads overall seem to be the rariest for most, not all, but most. The pizza's and bobbleheads were few and far between until last nights farming. Luck of the draw I guess.

tweak4ever
01-29-2011, 08:14 PM
okay, well two things; I heard somewhere that you need to get all these collectibles in one session. is that true? if it is I swear to god I'm going to punch gearbox in its dick, and second, Why can't I just order a pizza? its like 10 bucks for th amount pf pizza I'm sitting around behind a rock for 12 hours for, lol

stranger91
01-29-2011, 10:16 PM
okay, well two things; I heard somewhere that you need to get all these collectibles in one session. is that true? if it is I swear to god I'm going to punch gearbox in its dick, and second, Why can't I just order a pizza? its like 10 bucks for th amount pf pizza I'm sitting around behind a rock for 12 hours for, lol

Rest assured you don't have to collect them all in one session. when I got my last achievement, I collected the 25 oil cans over 4-5 different sessions.

tweak4ever
01-30-2011, 06:22 AM
Rest assured you don't have to collect them all in one session. when I got my last achievement, I collected the 25 oil cans over 4-5 different sessions. thank you so much

Darkchyle
01-31-2011, 03:08 AM
You need a WIRED controller for this. The wireless will turn itself off thus pausing the game. I dont remember what happens if you use the charge cable but i think it turns itself off as well. TMG100 has posted that if you remove the battery from a wireless controller and use the plug & play cable the controller will not turn off. One other thing.. thanks to Quid Squid, turn OFF the xbox's automatic shutdown or after 6 hours it will shut itself off. And I would install the game to the hard drive to save the disc drive, etc. This is gonna be a long play for the disc drive to constantly spin...up to you though.

OK at the end of the DLC you will fight MINAC. Destroy all the guns on it. Now its time to hide out for a few hours. I will try to explain where to sit as best I can. When you first walk back into the Arid Badlands (as if the cut scene with INAC and MINAC didnt happen) you want to go to the left in the back corner behind some rocks and weapon crates. Face yourself so that you are looking towards the long way of the map or parallel with the road the bus was on. Or if you die or get run over you will respawn in a shack. As soon as come out it go right and then straight back into the corner. You will see a large rock. Crouch down behind it and sit there for however long you want. I sat there for like 8 hours and when I woke up it took me at about 30 minutes to pick up all the collectibles. I got the 3 collectible achieves I needed (already had the 3D glasses). The exploding claptraps cant get to you and you have to position yourself just right so that when the MINAC is stopped at the far corner you are facing you can barely see its big red eye. It will not hit you if you are crouched there just right. I took a picture of my screen to show you were I was. Hope this helps everyone out. Good Luck !

Thank you for the guide and those that conrtibuted to the guide it worked beatuifully thou its a 12 - 13hrs(4 hr for testing; 8plus hrs for actual run) run for my and another friend.. both who already gotten the 3D-glasses cheevo... Both of us did not get all the stuffs on one sitting some stuffs was pickup doing the tannis quests bobble-head being the rarest drop follow by pizza and off shore oil cans (stats from the amount we found after the run) glad its over ... hate to overwork my xbox...:p

twistedsymphony
02-06-2011, 12:41 AM
I just wanted to post up that I used this guide and it got me all of my collection achievements with little effort.

I hadn't even collected enough generic claptrap parts to complete tannis' "crazy" 150 quest.

I had already beat MINAC once before... ran through the sub bosses again, killed the turrets on MINAC hid behind the rock and shut off my TV for the night.

the next morning (~9 hours later) I finished off MINAC and INAC and collected all the crap on the ground this is what I got:

3D Glasses: 23
Bobbleheads: 13
Oil Cans: 23
Fish in a Bag: 40
Pink Panties: 27
Pizza: 8 (there was actually a 9th one but it some how dropped out side the fence and I was unable to get it)

apparently I had a few oil cans and bobble heads collected already as both of those achievements popped... but I was still short on Pizza.

I ran back to Tannis to pop her achievement, then I exited out of the game and went back in and ran through wayward pass again and setup another farming session with MINAC. came back a 4 or 5 hours later and got enough pizza to pop the last achievement.

Stewie Griffin2
02-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Hey OP, I just wanted to add a little note about collecting what is dropped after you kill the MINAC. I'm sure most people know this if they've done this at least once, but the MINAC will fall on loot when killed making it impossible to pick up. However, if you go back through the transition to the Wayward Pass, then back into the Arid Badlands, the MINAC will have disappeared and you can now pick up the stuff he fell on. BUT, you have to make sure you pick up everything from the building on the right side (from where you enter) in the middle because the building will no longer be destroyed and any loot in there will be lost. You also have to make sure you're going through to Wayward Pass and not Tartarus Station, as you will have to run all the way back through if you go out the wrong way.

This has netted me a few extra collectable items in the 3 times I've done it (I only let it sit 2-3 hours at a time). It may be the difference for a few people between having to do it all over for that last 1-2 things they need or being done completely.

Planet13
02-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Thanks for all the advice. It should help tonight.
What a way to end a game.

ShawnSig
02-17-2011, 10:52 AM
I'm currently sitting behind the rock waiting, I hope atleast 1 oil can drops this time, I don't think I've found one yet. Bobblehead's are rare in my game too, but I've found a few in other locations in the game.

JDMBO1
02-17-2011, 11:16 AM
I swear these collectibles were annoying I'm so glade I got this done and over with

sdoner8790
02-19-2011, 11:38 PM
Man, thank god for this guide. Actively farming him was not going so well, couldn't get a pizza to save my life. Left it on overnight, got plenty of everything in about 12 hours. Framerate was pretty terrible with all that loot on the ground.

Flash Ferret
04-04-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm so happy to say after using this method I've FINALLY 100%-ed Borderlands. Happy Face!

I ended up pulling out the battery pack from my controller and keeping it on through the wired charge cable.

Watched a Dexter Marathon, came back and BOOM! Chevie. ^_^

chris rocks yo
04-06-2011, 12:26 AM
I love gearbox and their games but, and call me an achievement whore, once I beat a Xbox game I go to get all possible achievements and gearbox is making it difficult for me to 100% this awsome game. By the way this is a nice guide, (very detailed) even though i already knew this.

SnowPrincess
04-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Go to the MINAC boss fight and kill the 'splodey bots over and over. During the fight they dropped about 8 of each and lots of bagged fish, etc. They are great for rare drops and come at you 6 at a time! Easy, this way. Hide inside the bunker opposite the gate to Fyrestone and hide between the dumpster and the big metal case there to avoid everything...and use whatever you want to draw and blast the 'splodey bots for great drops! Hope this helps!

GaryYEAH
05-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Go to the MINAC boss fight and kill the 'splodey bots over and over. During the fight they dropped about 8 of each and lots of bagged fish, etc. They are great for rare drops and come at you 6 at a time! Easy, this way. Hide inside the bunker opposite the gate to Fyrestone and hide between the dumpster and the big metal case there to avoid everything...and use whatever you want to draw and blast the 'splodey bots for great drops! Hope this helps!

Can anyone else confirm this, please? Do they drop all of the collectibles needed?

xx

Renegade SRC
05-06-2011, 09:39 AM
This method works very well, i don't even dare imagine how long this would take grinding out robots for real.

D0BBSY DK
05-07-2011, 08:35 AM
thanks for the guide, but the items are way too rare to be given achievements in my opinion

jung4ever
05-11-2011, 01:30 AM
I hated these three achievements! I have to say tho, this method works. I farmed for an insane amount of time before trying this. I only left for a few hours and when i came back I picked up the "pizzas" and got the last one. wow. It felt great, because this was THE LAST out of all of the Borderlands achievements that I needed to 100%. Thank fuck.

Godoffire04
05-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Hi everyone gamertag is frostedwing I am not enjoying getting these claptrap things.. anyone wanna farm with me to get them?

toxincram
05-18-2011, 06:08 AM
Just took all his turrets out (i dont think you really need to do this) then went and sat in the little hut ontop of the crate. left xbox on overnight and just cleared up now and all 3 cheevos i needed popped.

I did this on my 1st playthough Char that had finished everything.

Now to start leveling my hunter !!!

kdrcraig
05-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Finished this up last night after work. Farmed over 3 different sessions, 2 of about 8 hours and 1 of about 4 hours. So much better than sitting there killing the clap traps over and over again. Thanks for the tips!

lil d 916
05-27-2011, 09:00 AM
ive been doing this for about 8 hours now and the oil drop rate is poop i got like maybe 5 i wish there was a way for them to drop faster

Bangz
06-01-2011, 04:43 PM
does this all have to be one session? ive already put quite a bit of time into it and had a bunch of fish and pizza, but the panties, bobbleheads and oil cans rarely appear... is there any way you can look and see how much of each you already have collected?

kdrcraig
06-01-2011, 05:04 PM
does this all have to be one session? ive already put quite a bit of time into it and had a bunch of fish and pizza, but the panties, bobbleheads and oil cans rarely appear... is there any way you can look and see how much of each you already have collected?

Doesn't have to be done in one session and there's no way to see how many of each you've collected unless you've been writing it down.

lethalerrorr
06-03-2011, 09:13 PM
will try this thanks

KingAntz
06-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi everyone gamertag is frostedwing I am not enjoying getting these claptrap things.. anyone wanna farm with me to get them?

Frosted... KingAntz here dude... thanx for helping me with Crawmerax... I wasnt aware you didnt have this yet. I will help you get it.

KingAntz
06-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Guys dont do the hiding thing for and then just farm afterwards.

Start off and go hide behind the rocks in the far left just before the gates. From there you can take out all the Turrets (DON NOT SHOOT THE EYE YET)... The MINAC only drops 2 claptraps each time... follow it and stay close. Shoot them as they come out and then you get roughly 8-10 per go. This speeds up your collecting of each needed.

Also If you find that you dont get anything of one thing but alot of another then just stop and start over again. Everytime you go in you get alot of one specific thing.

Sartility
06-11-2011, 02:06 AM
Thanks...Might Do This Later.

KingAntz
06-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Honestly it works way better then hiding for hrs and then farm afterwards. Like I said on that method it drops 2 claptraps per movement it makes...

If you stand infront of it and shoot them as they appear you get 8+ per stop... that takes way much quicker.

JAW LV
06-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Honestly it works way better then hiding for hrs and then farm afterwards. Like I said on that method it drops 2 claptraps per movement it makes...

If you stand infront of it and shoot them as they appear you get 8+ per stop... that takes way much quicker.

I finally finished this grind over the past weekend. I must agree that standing out in front of Minac and killing the clap-traps is much quicker then just hiding. However I found myself bored after about 30 minutes of killing clap-traps so I mixed the 2 together: I'd hide behind the rock and let the game go for an hour, come back and farm, then I'd kill clap-traps for about 20-30 minutes... rinse and repeat. In total it took me about 5 hrs to get all the collectible cheeves I needed. Not too bad considering how long it takes if you just hide.

Malkaiah
07-03-2011, 02:00 AM

This method was a lifesaver! Honestly it worked so well. I would recommend you take an automatic weapon with you that has a decent amount of damage to it. Repeater Pistol, Combat Rifle, SMG, whatever works for you. I went in with a 309 damage SMG (plus huge damage bonuses thanks to being a Siren) and took the Claptraps down in seconds. Each time there was a huge pile of pickups when MINAC moved.

I started this on Playthrough 2 (which is easy mode, thanks to Gearbox messing up, Playthrough 1 is actually the difficulty Playthrough 2 should have been) and all my collection stats were reset. I got my achievements in less than 4 hours of farming, and that was everything except the 3D Glasses.

Kudos to you for discovering/inventing this method. To anyone who still doesn't have the achievement, use this method! :)

KingAntz
07-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Sweet guys glad it helped :woop:

Doctor K
07-13-2011, 01:54 AM
Man, I was thinking what a pain in the ass this was gonna be, but it really pretty easy. Did it overnight and once more for a few hours this afternoon. Worked out great. Thanks.

PlugDandy
07-13-2011, 08:27 PM
I am still trying to 100 percent this game....2 achievements to go...I need to put about 8 hours more into claptrap spamming...I played the claptrap DLC twice through and yeah unless you spam the end you can't get all the achievements

Malkaiah
07-15-2011, 10:36 PM
I am still trying to 100 percent this game....2 achievements to go...I need to put about 8 hours more into claptrap spamming...I played the claptrap DLC twice through and yeah unless you spam the end you can't get all the achievements

If you use the method we've discussed above (chasing Minac and gunning down the claptraps as they spawn) it takes half that time. And that's from scratch. If you already have some of the collectibles then it will take a lot less.

Steveinator
07-17-2011, 06:25 PM
If we turn in the all the Claptrap components to Tannis for the 50 point achievement, will we still be able to harvest all the other Claptrap drops needed for the DLC achievements?

cartoonboy
07-18-2011, 11:47 AM
left the console on for approx 8-9hrs and the only drops that were not enough....the pizza!

after another 3hrs....got the party achievement

Darkling26
07-22-2011, 06:31 AM
Just curious. If I were to just want to take a break from the farming process for a bit. Do the items you have previously collected stay if you leave game and start back up or do you have to start the collection process each time you start the game back up?

justininhifi
07-25-2011, 05:07 AM
Worst achievement ever. Started to get a lot of oil cans when we had 4 people over xbox live killing the clap traps that come out of minac. Definitely a lot easier than just letting your xbox idle over night.

bsm0f0
07-25-2011, 06:29 PM
I've seen a steady flow of oil cans, fish, and 3d glasses while playing through on single player, playthrough 1.

Pizza and panties can diaf ... I have one of each and I'm just short of hiding myself in the hole. Thanks for the tip on the plug-n-play without the batteries.

Muse89
07-28-2011, 01:07 PM
This one has been bugging me but good to hear theres a simple way of doing it, once I reach minac just gunna leave it on while I go to work and hopefully therell just be a huge sea of panties and pizza waiting for me when I get home

McCuzies
07-30-2011, 07:27 AM
hopefully therell just be a huge sea of panties and pizza waiting for me when I get home

I lol'd. might add to sig haha

Muse89
07-31-2011, 06:00 PM
My plan didnt really work so well, for whatever reason, when I got home from work my xbox had gone back to the dashboard. Noone else was in so not like anyone could of touched it. I was gone just under eight hours so I have to get to this boss yet again and just gunna keep tapping the controller every hour or so for the evening

skeeve20
07-31-2011, 11:55 PM
This was really helpful, thanks a lot.