PDA

View Full Version : Please read before playing this game!

JAW LV
09-29-2010, 03:27 PM
For those looking into playing this game I beg you please don't! The game is much more time consuming then what the guide suggests and is also much harder then a 2/10. The camera angles are horrible and with a bunch of time trials to do the poor camera angles will give you a run for the money.

So please for all that is holy and good, do not buy or rent this game unless you want to do one quick play through of the story itself and don't care about completion %.

Illerongis
10-17-2010, 10:57 PM
you already posted about how poor you think this game is...

I disagree with you, so let people find out on their own if they like it.

I will agree that the guide makes it sound easier than it can be, but jeez man, it isn't that bad at all, and I dunno what you're saying about the camera angles, they are the same as any 3rd person walk around game...

Starstrukk X360A
10-17-2010, 11:17 PM
The difficulty means...hey, the difficulty!
It has nothing to do with how long it'd take.
The achievements are easy to get, they just take a while.

StW
11-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Also, I agree with the guide, it takes roughly 10-20 hours

JimmyStewart
01-03-2012, 10:47 PM
I disagree. It's certainly the best Simpsons game to date. It's very funny and the cut scenes definitely make up for some poor game design. It sure didn't win any awards but it's certainly worth it if you're even a casual fan of the Simpsons, especially at the prices you can find it at now.

The achievements are easy to get, they just take a while.

I'm with you in spirit, but there are a handful of achievements that are not at all easy to get (I'm thinking of you Maki Roll Mania). This game is not a 2/10 by a long shot.

ReaptheChaos
03-30-2012, 12:12 AM
I love these kind of threads. Someone disagrees with the difficulty listed on the roadmap, which I wholeheartedly agree is way more than 2/10, and a bunch of people chime in and say how easy it is. The funny part is, the original poster of this thread has since finished the game, yet all those claiming the game was easy have yet to finish it.

How can you come into a forum and claim a game was super easy when you haven’t even completed it yourself? You do know that we can see your games list don’t you?

JLogan27
03-30-2012, 02:54 PM
I'd give it a 4 or 5 out of 10. Manageable but a couple of achieves made you work for it.

Iceskater101
03-30-2012, 03:10 PM
I don't care about the achievements. Your right the time trials do suck lol and the camera angle isn't the best, but if your a fan of the simpsons then you will love this game!
I actually played this game and I loved the story, I loved the powers that each of the simpsons got.
I really loved this game. I didn't get every single achievement because I didn't want to do all of the time trials and I didn't want to beat each episode target time, but I do have to say that this game is enjoyable for anyone who is a fan of the simpsons

ryan9483
12-03-2012, 11:14 AM
I certainly agree, it's quite easy but time consuming. I absolutely love the show which made me buy this game.

NerdyKris
12-21-2012, 07:24 PM
For those looking into playing this game I beg you please don't! The game is much more time consuming then what the guide suggests and is also much harder then a 2/10. The camera angles are horrible and with a bunch of time trials to do the poor camera angles will give you a run for the money.

So please for all that is holy and good, do not buy or rent this game unless you want to do one quick play through of the story itself and don't care about completion %.

If you're buying it simply for achievements, then no, don't get it. But, you know, it's a fantastic and fun game. And I wouldn't call it difficult. Time consuming, yes. But not difficult. All of the target times just take one run through the level to see where things are and then I can usually hit the target (or within 30 seconds of the target) on a second run through.

I just bought the game again after renting it years ago and I'm banging out the target times no problem.

Also, the concept of bashing a game because the achievements aren't on the level of Avatar is a bit ridiculous.

ChickinOnaChain
12-21-2012, 09:21 PM
I rented this game and thought it'd be easy but for me, it wasn't. I was really surprised. I ended up letting it go back early, without getting more frustrated than I already was.