PDA

View Full Version : Need tips, please.

DarkWolf114
09-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Im pretty good at racing sims, but I am serious trouble with F1. I no your not supposed to win every race but I am doing it on easy and I am only getting to around 6th place sometimes worse, especially in qualifiers. Can anyone help? I don't use Braking Assist and I am with Lotus.

headshed101
09-29-2010, 04:01 PM
I am with Lotus.

This is probably where the 'problem' lies. Lotus are a backmarker team and are not expected to finish in the top 10 let alone win a race. This means it's realistic. You can start challenging for race wins when you are promoted to a mid field team such as Williams, Renault or Mercedes GP.

I am now with Force India and my best finish to date is 2nd at Albert Park.

tugboatman
09-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Just practise mate and learn the tracks im playing on medium and i only missed out on pole position once and ive won every race so far

oh and im with Toro Rosso so not exactly an awesome team

DarkWolf114
09-29-2010, 04:09 PM
I am going to try out with Virgin.

lenny m
09-29-2010, 04:10 PM
when going on sharp/ish corners, dont brake all the way around the corner or accelerate all round the corner. Let it stroll around the corner and if you are going slow, tap the accelerator

DeafSunchaser
09-29-2010, 04:33 PM
yeah virgin is defo the better of the 3! im on year 2 and im still with virgin!
year 1 was hard but as u play more and more it gets easy as u adjust to the game! now i get pole and 1st in race real easy!

TehAssassin8
09-29-2010, 04:35 PM
Yeahh Im with HRT who i'd say are the worst team. Stick the racing line on full and stick to it predominantly, watch the other drivers and dont always go really slow in the corners. I'm upto Istanbul, on a mix of easy and medium at different stages and ive won 5 but i've also been down in 10th. Just practice

DarkWolf114
09-29-2010, 04:59 PM
I can already feel a noticeable difference between Virgin and Lotus. The car feels a lot more responsive and much quicker at straights and accelerating out of corners. Cheers guys.

SHEEPY2008
09-29-2010, 05:25 PM
also dont forget u dont have a lot of steering control while trying to turn and break at the same time, what i do is is start to break at around the 100m mark then at around 60m just before the 50m mark i let go of the break let the engine do the breaking turn the car into the corner and slam the throttle on halfway through the corner. but yeah try n learn the tracks like the back of ya hand.

DarkWolf114
09-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Okay, I am now coming first in Qualifiers, Practice and Races now, could the car really make that much of a difference? Sorry for the double post.

shootermcgavin2
09-29-2010, 09:21 PM
I started with Virgin, and won pretty much every race easy apart from Monaco, now for Season 2, I have gone from easy to medium difficulty as easy is just no challenge!