PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

James Medway
09-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Now everyones had time to play the game, what features do you think need to be put into the next game?

Safety car, crew on the track picking up debre, i would love to see more damage, if you rev the car too much then theres the possibility of the car catching fire, i know its not about damage but it would make the game more realistic, an award ceremony at the end of the race and the mahem before the race with all the media running around the cars, also the people to look more real.

Don't get me wrong they have done an amazing job with the first f1 game on 360, but just those few extra features would make it the ultimate Formula one experience in my opionion

lenny m
09-29-2010, 05:13 PM
there should be a safety car and crew on the track to pick up debris. Also, if the track is too slippery, then there should be a red flag

headshed101
09-29-2010, 05:45 PM
I have yet to see a safety car in any racing game so that I would love to see. Also marshals at the side of the track waving the relevant flags and not just a pop up on the screen.

Maybe even a short video cutscene of Martin Brundle on a grid walk! I tease...

jacobite
09-29-2010, 08:20 PM
I think iv did the safty car in a long ago Nascar race....pc game prob

Im sure Codemaster could get the safty car into the game, might be a bit hectic with rules and what position you can take, pitting/rejoin but im sure it would only add to the game.

podium celebration I guess, dunno how many times till I clicked past that tho.

I like to see R&D expanded, just more of it, could add into being number 1 driver in the team gets the new parts

on a not so serious note, could add in cheating, spying, team orders, ordering your team mate to crash in a favourable spot, swapping 1st and 2nd on the last lap and mabye some dubious FIA decisions just to make the season more exciting.

JKSullivan
09-29-2010, 08:29 PM
I may be stating the obvious, but I'd rather see fixes for the big issues in 2010 than any development on 2011 . . .

But one thing sorely missing is more stats - how many engines used, mileage/wear on current engine, full report of lap/sector times for ALL laps, telemetry analysis to help find where you can pick up time, etc.

Safety car would be nice, but only if they fix the kamikaze AI so I can turn damage on and not be taken out of a 100% race at 98% completion.

guitarguy
09-30-2010, 02:06 AM
I agree that the bugs for 2010 should be number 1 priority for Codemasters at the moment.

That being said I'd like to see them go much deeper with the whole "Be The Driver, Live The Life" thing. I mean I was very excited about that whole idea in the build up to the release but to be honest that's an area I've been left disappointed.

The actual gameplay (bugs aside) is fantastic, the graphics look amazing so apart from swapping drivers around and putting the new cars into 2011, I think they're going to stick with this game engine so hopefully they'll add some new things to the "Live The Life" part.

Id like to see something like sponsorship deals and goals and maybe even attending events between race weekends; Goodwood Festival of Speed etc. Helmet design should definitely be included, the selection on 2010 sucks.

JKSullivan
09-30-2010, 06:33 AM
I think they're going to stick with this game engine

I know you agreed with me, but this is precisely why fixing the bugs first is so important. If they build 2011 off of a buggy engine, it will be that much more work to patch it correctly.

Whitesnake75
09-30-2010, 03:55 PM
I certainly agree that the safety car should be present... First corner incident at a track followed by a safety car period whilst cars are removed... in fact iirc the very first Microprose F1 game on PC had marshalls (ok, they were only sprites!) at the trackside with flags and also they pushed your car away to the trackside to be lifted off the circuit when you retired.
I also think that you should have a grid full of press and team personnel to add to the atmosphere - the Moto GP and SBK games do it so why not F1?
Podium celebrations definitely need to be included and the "live the life" improved.
I would also like to see the formation lap and a run down of the full grid pre-race... Formation lap would be good if you had to maintain tyre temperature etc on way round to grid..

pdean52
09-30-2010, 04:13 PM
I certainly agree that the safety car should be present... First corner incident at a track followed by a safety car period whilst cars are removed... in fact iirc the very first Microprose F1 game on PC had marshalls (ok, they were only sprites!) at the trackside with flags and also they pushed your car away to the trackside to be lifted off the circuit when you retired.
I also think that you should have a grid full of press and team personnel to add to the atmosphere - the Moto GP and SBK games do it so why not F1?
Podium celebrations definitely need to be included and the "live the life" improved.
I would also like to see the formation lap and a run down of the full grid pre-race... Formation lap would be good if you had to maintain tyre temperature etc on way round to grid..

i echo your sentiments but i think the earliest we'll see such gems is going to be F1 2011 - they have their hands full fixing the bugs in the current version at the mo!!

can i also suggest cut scenes to nicole scherzinger celebrating/crying depending on how lewis is getting on in the race. perhaps you could also choose a celebrity girlfriend (or boyfriend - depending on your preference - not sure if there would be any dale winton related licensing issues) for cut away scenes depending on your own performance in the race?

lenny m
10-01-2010, 05:31 PM
I emailed Codemasters and they say that there will be NO SAFETY CAR OR MARSHALLS!!

xLMx1994
10-01-2010, 05:34 PM
I emailed Codemasters and they say that there will be NO SAFETY CAR OR MARSHALLS!!

im not to bothered about the safety car. yes its a big part of F1 and is used alot, but it would cause problems with positions and everything. also if you think the penalty system is bad now, it will be worse with a safety car, because of overtaking. it would just be frustrating

Flyzer007
10-01-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm missing the victory ceremony, grid girls and to my mind the interview feature is quite good but they should go more into detail, ask you specific events during the race.

OctagonQontrol
10-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Maybe obvious (or I didn't play the game long enough) but how about at least a change in weather, sun, clouds and such? Together with that, a better shadow-renderer so it doesn't look the car floats (like in the Monaco tunnel).

Next, where's the rubbering of the track? You can drive in the dirty bits and still outbreak cars in the clean bits. And ofcourse the increased grip of fresh rubber in certain corners?

xLMx1994
10-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Maybe obvious (or I didn't play the game long enough) but how about at least a change in weather, sun, clouds and such? Together with that, a better shadow-renderer so it doesn't look the car floats (like in the Monaco tunnel).

Next, where's the rubbering of the track? You can drive in the dirty bits and still outbreak cars in the clean bits. And ofcourse the increased grip of fresh rubber in certain corners?

the weather change is brilliant. clouds slowly close in instead of changing in one lap. and grip levels do change. set a lap in all 3 practice sessions and the one in the third session (if they are all dry) will be the quickest

OctagonQontrol
10-01-2010, 08:54 PM
the weather change is brilliant. clouds slowly close in instead of changing in one lap. and grip levels do change. set a lap in all 3 practice sessions and the one in the third session (if they are all dry) will be the quickest
Not for me; did that cheevo to set bests but my quickest time was in P2 and the fastest AI was in P1...:eek::eek:

xLMx1994
10-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Not for me; did that cheevo to set bests but my quickest time was in P2 and the fastest AI was in P1...:eek::eek:

i find that AI and me get quicker as the weekend goes on

FATCRAZYDUDE
10-01-2010, 09:18 PM
i think that it could pick up raceing game of the yaer

http://card.mygamercard.net/recessed/FATCRAZYDUDE.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/FATCRAZYDUDE)

OctagonQontrol
10-01-2010, 09:26 PM
i think that it could pick up raceing game of the yaer
On Xbox maybe, but anyone willing to bet GT5 gets racing game of they year on PS3 (well, as long as they do release it this time)? ;)

xLMx1994
10-01-2010, 09:55 PM
On Xbox maybe, but anyone willing to bet GT5 gets racing game of they year on PS3 (well, as long as they do release it this time)? ;)

yh should get it for xbox but GT5 will beat it

Fifty Two
10-01-2010, 11:05 PM

Yea, you need to play it more.

Weather changes during the sesson. For example I was qualifying in Spa on Intermediates, the weather changed plus the addition of the dry line and people were setting new times on dry rubber.

If you notice in the race as the race progresses, usually after lap 7 or so I very easily notice, the rubber being laid down and offering better grip. Also, during wet/int races a dry line will develop.

DeafSunchaser
10-02-2010, 02:17 AM
at first i LOVED it but now i still love it but its boring me! same thing over and over again! feels like im playing forza with the same car all the time! still a great game tho! :)