PDA

View Full Version : Driving in the rain

slackydave
09-29-2010, 05:50 PM
any tips? cause im at silverstone and its nails, personally i blame the british weather.

Forgot to add its pissing buckets and i always end up bottom 4 lol

SHEEPY2008
09-29-2010, 05:51 PM
try n stay out of the car infronts spray, try to break early and dont do risky overtakes like ya would in the dry.

James Medway
09-29-2010, 06:08 PM
I tried going for the heavy rain achievement on my favourite track, it's bloody difficult, i constantly kept spinning and after 10 or so laps and i was last i just gave up, going to have to practice a lot for mastering the wet

SHEEPY2008
09-29-2010, 06:18 PM
if u want the achievement set everything to easy with traction control on and set the race to 1 lap :) that way u could get the win easyly coz if u pick a mclaren u always start in the top 10 on the grid. Plus Avoid the Kerbs when it rains thats proberly one of the reasons ur spinning plus dont full throttle it just gentley press the throttle.

James Medway
09-29-2010, 06:40 PM
It has to be 20% of the race laps mate, thats why it's so difficult!

xLMx1994
09-29-2010, 06:55 PM
i like to think of my self as good in the wet. i do better in comparison with the AI in wet than i do in dry. i find it easier than i expected it to be.

tonyturbo
09-29-2010, 07:04 PM
^^^^

this. I find winning in the rain easier than winning in the Dry and I play on Professional with all aids off except Traction Control on medium. I bet on Expert it'll be absolutely brutal though.

A good setup is the key to this game, I can make my Lotus very competitive in both wet and dry. The key is not hitting the curbs, breaking early and letting your car coast around the corner at the right speed, only nail the throttle when your out of the turn. Keep out of the spray from other cars, and be patient.

f1ferrari
09-29-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm assuming they are going to change the wet grip on the patch, because I too find it easier in the wet than the dry, I play expert with only medium traction control on, but this being said although I might have the odd minor oversteer moment, I don't have too many problems in the wet,
It might be the lotus I don't know, but for now I just hope for rain each race so I get a good position. still awaiting my first full wet race so I can get the win lol.

slackydave
09-29-2010, 07:58 PM
im driving for HRT and its just the tight corners, i might run over the apex and thats just the end of it lol

Sometimes i overrun the corners aswell :S so maybe thinking theres some loss of grip aswell even on medium.

OctagonQontrol
09-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Anyone got smaller brakediscs on their "wet cars"? Should help a bit with possible locking the wheel and creating aquaplaning despite any careful approach?