PDA

View Full Version : Getting the right difficulty

MasterSparky
09-29-2010, 07:05 PM
I love this game, the handling seems just about perfect and the tracks and graphics are lovely... the only thing letting me down is the difficulty.

I started on medium the first day I got it and WON the first race in a Virgin (The objective was to come in 18th) So I started again on hard and again I came 7th. Too high!

So I restarted for the 3rd time on HARDEST and it all seems about right (I came 16th)

But then the 4th race (I think) it all of a sudden became impossible to NOT BE LAST.... so I dropped back to hard where I came 14th (I little too easy)

Then the race after I was qualifying 1st... WFT and the race was too easy.....

What Im trying to say is the difficulty is not consistant at all and its started to really annoy me. Anyone else think this??? and what difficulty are you finding most enjoyable?

TornShaun
09-29-2010, 08:22 PM
I'm playing on easy with AI on easy and yet i haven't even come highre than 6th so far, it's always when i pit that i end up losing places and then can't catch up :( I'm almost to the point of trading the game in for something else :(

OctagonQontrol
09-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Shaun, see if you can customize settings... Take away the Auto-Brake, use Race Line in Corners only, set Traction Control to full, use Automatic Pitstip & Limiter.

Ow, and fiddle with the setups a bit; http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2010-setups/

TornShaun
09-29-2010, 08:56 PM
Shaun, see if you can customize settings... Take away the Auto-Brake, use Race Line in Corners only, set Traction Control to full, use Automatic Pitstip & Limiter.

Ow, and fiddle with the setups a bit; http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2010-setups/

Thanks :) I'll give it a go, like i said the game is great, it's just i'm not good yet and i'm tempted to give in lol (i think i'm too used to Forza lol)

shinglis
09-29-2010, 09:19 PM
use Race Line in Corners only

Does this make a big difference, currently using the full race line ??

DarkWolf114
09-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Thanks :) I'll give it a go, like i said the game is great, it's just i'm not good yet and i'm tempted to give in lol (i think i'm too used to Forza lol)

Also maybe your team is not very good, Lotus are crap. Virgin is a lot better. Look at the topic Need Tips, please for me information on how to be better. I had some troubles and thanks to changing from Lotus to Virgin, I now found it a lot easier.

tonyturbo
09-29-2010, 10:02 PM
I went through this the first 3 races of the season racing with Lotus. I went through race by race until I believe I found the perfect setting for me. Professional AI, all aids off except for Traction Control on Medium. With a lot of work in practice and strong races this is a real challenge. I'm still top of the championship which is a little stupid but I know this was because of the early races trying to find the ideal difficulty. I want to play this game proper so I'm happy grinding out 6th - 10th race results in my Lotus. I'll probably need to up the difficulty once more when I get a good drive, but at the moment this is perfect. A real challenge in season 1.

GORQITO
09-29-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm playing medium AI with BMW-Sauber, and it isn't too difficult right now, I can easily get top times in practice and qualifying. I'm pretty sure a step up to hard will make a difference, but maybe too much of a difference...

So yeah, I wish there was something in between...

Wolfie99
09-29-2010, 10:16 PM
As soon as I started the game, I immediately took autobrake off, left all other settings as they were and signed up with Williams for my season career.

Ive only done Bahrain and Melbourne so far, but I have yet to be beaten on any lap by any driver in career. This applied to all 3 practise sessions, qualifying and race day. The closest any driver has come was just over 3 seconds slower than me. My very first lap in the game wasn't even beaten :/

Even for the upgrades on Melbourne, the target time was 1:44...I was doing 1:31's and 1:30's (down to 1:29 in the race).

To go FLYING past McLarens, RB's and Ferraris in a Williams is just crazy. Its stupidly easy at the moment!

tonyturbo
10-01-2010, 09:26 AM
then increase the AI difficulty lol

pdean52
10-01-2010, 10:06 AM
As soon as I started the game, I immediately took autobrake off, left all other settings as they were and signed up with Williams for my season career.

Ive only done Bahrain and Melbourne so far, but I have yet to be beaten on any lap by any driver in career. This applied to all 3 practise sessions, qualifying and race day. The closest any driver has come was just over 3 seconds slower than me. My very first lap in the game wasn't even beaten :/

Even for the upgrades on Melbourne, the target time was 1:44...I was doing 1:31's and 1:30's (down to 1:29 in the race).

To go FLYING past McLarens, RB's and Ferraris in a Williams is just crazy. Its stupidly easy at the moment!

my settings are the same 3 races into my first career mode with virgin (signed up for 7 seasons) and i've had a 3rd, a 1st and a 4th to date - 2nd in championship 8 points behind lewis.. while i can match the top drivers times from time to time i'm still very inconsistent so far and learning pretty much all the tracks from scratch. i'm certainly not walking away with it currently, even though virgin should not be that far up the grid in real life!! i'm hoping my poor performance compared to other posters is in part due to the car i drive and in part due to needing to learn track layouts. i'm certainly not ready to up performance of AI or remove assists yet.

LFC2K6
10-01-2010, 10:17 AM
my settings are the same 3 races into my first career mode with virgin (signed up for 7 seasons) and i've had a 3rd, a 1st and a 4th to date - 2nd in championship 8 points behind lewis.. while i can match the top drivers times from time to time i'm still very inconsistent so far and learning pretty much all the tracks from scratch. i'm certainly not walking away with it currently, even though virgin should not be that far up the grid in real life!! i'm hoping my poor performance compared to other posters is in part due to the car i drive and in part due to needing to learn track layouts. i'm certainly not ready to up performance of AI or remove assists yet.

Don't worry about it! I'm on a 7 year career, started with Virgin. The difficulty was set to Medium but I turned off ABS and braking assistance.
Qualified in 6th for Bahrain, but due to a spin I dropped back and had to work my way back up and finished 11th.
Melbourne I qualified in 16th but got a 5 place penalty for blocking Petrov :(
Lost my front wing towards lap 7 (20% race distance) and decided to try and stick it out instead of wasting valuable time pitting, big mistake! I was spinning all over the place and ended up dead last :(

I've never driven any of these tracks before and am still getting used to the wheel, but I still post fastest lap times now and then. I myself won't be cranking it up until I learn consistency!

Wolfie99
10-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Since I watch every F1 race for the full duration (well, except when Alonso cheats for the lead), it helps in me anticipating the tracks :)

I actually use the practise sessions and just pump out lap, after lap, after lap, until I get the hang of it.
OK, Ive only done a few races, but I know them well now. Melbourne isn't a spectacular race, but is soooo much fun on this game. Ill be brave someday and take off the green "follow me" arrows!

DeafSunchaser
10-02-2010, 02:15 AM
dont think i will go for the full 1000g so im doing this game easy! dont think i will bother with the hardist settings lol! to many new games coming out! i have no patence