PDA

View Full Version : Who accepted there first contract offer they received?!?

adz23
09-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Hey, was just wondering as i'm half way through my first season and just been offered a bumper contract with the team i'm with. Did you guys accept your first offer or did you wait till a big team came and picked you up??

SNIPERUPHIGH
09-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Only got this today......

if it is possible to wait for a big team to sign you up ill wait im with lotus at the min an im winning races on the trot

FATCRAZYDUDE
09-29-2010, 08:02 PM
im waiting cos williams who im with offered no.2 position for me again but i want to be no.1 driver for the rad focus

OctagonQontrol
09-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Not gotten an offer yet but hoping to make an impression and go for Willians or McLaren. This is on a 3-season career, btw...

jacobite
09-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Im on 7 season career, 1st season soon as I won the WDC in Japan Maclaren offered me a 12mill deal which I snached... mabye I could have waited for more money but I cant see any reason to wait for more cash.

eurokings
09-29-2010, 11:26 PM
I started my career with Virgin Racing. I accepted their 1st driver constract which I'm now currently serving in my 2nd season. I'm half way through and have just been offered a contract by Ferrari. Looks like I'll be driving the red machine for my 3rd season :)

Mubzy
09-29-2010, 11:43 PM
i took the first thing that came my way

tgas416
09-29-2010, 11:50 PM
i waited to like the last race and red bull offered so i took it, i think im going to stick with them for a while idk....

Dragon86
09-30-2010, 04:59 AM
I took the first offer that came my way and hate myself for it. Doing a second season with Virgin. Oh well, going for the beat team in all races achievement. Easy since Lucas nearly always finishes in the 20's

Y4n
09-30-2010, 07:50 AM
I took the first offer that came my way and hate myself for it. Doing a second season with Virgin. Oh well, going for the beat team in all races achievement. Easy since Lucas nearly always finishes in the 20's

We are in the same boat, im gonna race with Virgin again for the 2nd season.

pdean52
09-30-2010, 09:35 AM
do you have to accept/reject contracts as soon as offered or can you wait to see what other offers come in? if you reject an offer as well are you likely to see that offer repeated with slightly better terms....?

i'm saving career mode for last you see - currently getting achievements and ranking up online.

Flyzer007
09-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Something goes wrong here :/

I score points in every race but only got an offer from Lotus (I started my 7-season career at Lotus).. Virgin, HRT and Toro Rosso are "disappointed" about my behavior.. the new contract with Lotus is better than the current one (4 Mio.) but they still want me to be No. 2 driver.. although Trulli doesn't have the ghost of a chance to compete with me

Fifty Two
09-30-2010, 12:37 PM
its a bit of a pain in the ass. i think being in a 7 season career makes the good teams take longer to notice you.

currently, i have 4 new teams looking at me but they all say they dislike me but are impressed by my interviews. virgin is wanting to renew me with a 6.5 mill salary and #1 status.

im going to wait til the end of the season to see whats up for grabs.

lenny m
09-30-2010, 12:45 PM
i waited for bigger team. force india wanted me but ferrari got me on 10 mil deal

Fifty Two
09-30-2010, 12:54 PM
so contrary to what i enjoy in real life.... its better to hold out?? =p

Celestial Being
10-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Im doing the 7 year season right now. at firs BMW offered me a contract but it was lower than what i was with Lotus, so i rejected it. then Lotus offered me a contract as #1 driver so i just accepted that. im still on my first year.

so we'll see what happens from there. im hoping by season two i get a better team. cuz my teammate is always towards the bottom. im ranked first overall but team wise im 5th. would wanna be first as well there.

FATCRAZYDUDE
10-01-2010, 08:31 PM
judt finished my first season about ten minuetes ago in first place but a couple of races ago i singed for red bull for 9 mil for second driver pos. to sebastian vettel for one year i picked them over a 10 mil deal from torro rosso and bmwsauber for the same and both wanted me as no.1 driver but i still picked redbull because of the cars performance
:Bounce:

Fifty Two
10-01-2010, 11:01 PM
I just started my 3rd season.
Was with Virgin got 7th, then HRT got 5th,now with Toro Rosso and tbh there is a way noticeable difference in performance between the lower cars and TR. Can't wait to get my hands on a top team =p

Flyzer007
10-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Just finished my 1st season with Lotus (WDC 5th & CC 7th).. I beat my rival Felipe Massa and just at the beginning of the last race in Abu Dhabi I got a contract offer from Ferrari - signed it and now I am driving successfully for Ferrari, 3 races = 3 pole positions = 3 wins ^^

FATCRAZYDUDE
10-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Just finished my 1st season with Lotus (WDC 5th & CC 7th).. I beat my rival Felipe Massa and just at the beginning of the last race in Abu Dhabi I got a contract offer from Ferrari - signed it and now I am driving successfully for Ferrari, 3 races = 3 pole positions = 3 wins ^^

nice one ive just got two poles and two wins at red bull out of two:woop:

Nanbag
10-03-2010, 11:48 AM
i went to view a contract offer from lotus for my second season and accidently hit the thumbstick thinking it was on reject i pushed A but it turned out i accepted so im stuck with a trulli who i lap in pretty much every race....damn autosave

o H i T M a N z
10-03-2010, 12:18 PM
I selected a 7 season career, im still on my first season, i just completed Race Weekend 10 - Silverstone. Im currently the #2 Driver at Lotus on 500,000 a year, and i have just been offered a contract of 6,500,000 a year as the #1 Driver. Im not sure whether to accept or decline because i also have HRT, Virgin, Torro Rosso, BMW Sauber and Force India interested in signing me. But im also thinking that because i have 9 races left i could get bigger teams interested in me like Renault or Mercedes so i might just wait it out until the end of the season.

ansotica
10-04-2010, 07:28 AM
I've started with Virgin, they offered me a new contract. I refused. Then I got an offer from Force India for Season 2, I accepted this offer, won the Championship and got an offer from Red Bull in Season 3. This car is really fast!

wolvieware
10-04-2010, 02:50 PM
I started with Lotus, and got a new contract for them to be 1st driver. I waited to see what other offers I got, but didn't fancy them, so although I didn't take the first contract as soon as it was offered, it was the one I ended up going with.

massive183
10-05-2010, 10:16 AM
i held off and got a achievment for doing so i think it is a win while under a offer of a new contract and i waited and got offered red bull and im glad i did miles better to drive