PDA

View Full Version : Online broken?

Shaimus
09-29-2010, 08:40 PM
So I got this game when it came out, immediately when my store opened in the morning. I've been looking at the forums watching and have yet to see someone else saying this, but my friends and I have been having this problem.

When you hit "Pro Ranked Match" it will bring up Searching for Opponent. Then that menu will go away followed by that blank screen with red lines diagonally going down. Half the time the ticker at the bottom will freeze, the other half it will continue going. This screen will remain for either 5 minutes, in where it will tell me one of two things. "The game session is no longer available" or "Connection to your opponent has been lost." If it doesn't, it means you have to dashboard it. I have been doing this repeatedly for 30 minutes, in where I have never seen an open match (The kind that will let you choose a side, etc). Is this something to do with our settings, or do EA servers suck THIS BADLY (Yes, I know that is what EA is most famous for, but I'm generally concerned now that a game just released will be this bad).

Lemme know if anyone else is having this problem and/if you've been able to fix it and how.

In addition, Online Clubs seems to be wierd as well, and will either say no matches found, or will freeze I attributed that to just the release of the game.

Edit: Strangely, Online Team Play works, as I can invite my friends to a game and play, as well as head to head. What gives?

AntneyB
09-29-2010, 09:06 PM
OMG ive been doing exactly the same thing waiting for someone to post. i too have this problem somtimes it works sometimes it doesent. Do you ever loose connection to ea servers when saving in career? not always but it does happen regular. When i play online clubs(if i can getit to work) after the match i .a)either loose connection to ea server .b)takes me back to club lobby where it freezes or c) end up back in the arena . i too need help any others having trouble?

PS:Im directly connected to my modem

Magespower
09-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Yeah same problem here it must be something to do with ea. Hopefully we see a patch soon.

Shaimus
09-29-2010, 09:18 PM
I have now officially been searching for a full hour with no results. This must be a slippery game session if it's no longer available all the time. Either that or it doesn't find opponents. Really? You're advertising 28k people online but there's no one that wants to play pro ranked matches? 55k matches played yesterday and yet I can't get into one? Here I was so excited about Fifa 11 too.

BurnMyEyes0107
09-29-2010, 09:20 PM
still a bit early boys....steady on

BIGbivvie
09-29-2010, 09:25 PM
I thought this didnt come out till Friday?....

Naffry
09-29-2010, 09:29 PM
My online with this works fine.

vithzeral
09-30-2010, 03:37 AM
My online with this works fine.

It's the Virtual Pro head to head that's borked; the other online modes are working OK.

And for the poster before: the game released Monday in North America.

L1L JACK LFC
09-30-2010, 12:00 PM
If you still dont see any difference tomorrow then ea should and probably will annouce there is problems....