PDA

View Full Version : Engine Change & Invalid Next Lap

webbface
09-29-2010, 09:56 PM
I do a short weekend as an hour practice and 20 mins qualifying is long enough for me. The problem is I keep getting given fresh engines I'm on number 6 of 8 and only on the Montreal race. Now I want to use a used engine for practice and keep a fresher one for the race but by swapping engines I lose the whole of my practice time and in the end is pointless. Any way to choose an engine before weekend begins? So I could choose a used engine to start with then change at the end of the session for a fresh one because that would be nice.
Also when I've braked too late and cut a turn by mistake or something it says invalid next lap WHY???? It's scrapping what could be a perfect lap because I messed up on the last one.

f1ferrari
09-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Right firstly I only do long weekends, however it seems to allocate you the next best engine, you have to forfeit 1 practice session for the replacement engine as it takes a couple of hours to change so for you to allocate a different engine your gonna have to switch to long and then replace to what engine you want to use, then just skip past what you don't want to do, or just do the shorts and go with what the team decide.

The cutting corners rule is sometimes a little too strict this is what's cause your lap problems, some corners are silly and allow for really wide exits, others are just too damn tight catch it in the wrong place and you trying again. but for now I don't see them taking my next lap away just my current one. will have to check next time.

Dragon86
09-30-2010, 05:38 AM
One Question. Are you cutting corners in Sector 3? I believe that on some like Montreal, cutting the chicane will give more speed at the start of the next lap and maybe shave a couple of seconds off the lap time.

WoH Jabba81
09-30-2010, 05:58 AM
One Question. Are you cutting corners in Sector 3? I believe that on some like Montreal, cutting the chicane will give more speed at the start of the next lap and maybe shave a couple of seconds off the lap time.

No it will the say that the next lap is invalid... so you canīt.

webbface
09-30-2010, 08:33 AM
see what you mean about last corner but no it wasn't. It's happened at any sector. On Montreal it happened in the 1st sector said Invalidated Lap then Invalidlated Next Lap. Amazing game I love it just a few little things not quite right.