PDA

View Full Version : Custom fan chants not ripping

Snackar
09-29-2010, 10:22 PM
I've been trying to rip some downloaded fan chants from an audio cd to my 360 HD for use in the game. Problem is, no matter how many times I've burned them to a disc, they won't rip. Tried burning normally, tried at 1x speed, tried in Windows Media Player, and Sonic's RecordNow Audio burner. I get the little status bars showing it's progress, then at the end I get the "no" symbol (circle with a line in it). I've been doing some searching but haven't found any suggestions beyond "burn it again." I've gone through 6 discs today that play in a cd player, just won't rip to the 360. :/

Anyone have any suggestions on getting this going? Anyone able to get theirs going?

Aaron15
09-29-2010, 10:49 PM
I just made a playlist in iTunes of the chants, put in a blank CD and click Burn.

Then when finished put the disc in the Xbox, Click Rip CD and it's done ready for Fifa.

coldman1
09-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Yeah u gotta create it as a playlist :)

JrdRIOT
09-29-2010, 10:57 PM
The worst part about ripping them to the xbox is that they don't have the actual track names.

XI I AM ZAK IX
09-29-2010, 11:36 PM
The worst part about ripping them to the xbox is that they don't have the actual track names.

You can rename them, but that takes too long! Hopefully they implement something where it would rename them correctly.

JrdRIOT
09-29-2010, 11:47 PM
You can rename them, but that takes too long! Hopefully they implement something where it would rename them correctly.
Yeah i ripped 42 tracks today, and it took me like almost an hour to rename the artist and title.

c88
09-30-2010, 12:09 AM
Any recommendations on where to get fan chants? This way, I can do the said process above to import them into the game?

Snackar
09-30-2010, 12:12 AM
Downloaded iTunes specifically since someone had success and it sort of worked. I got a silent playlist. So I'm trying some other things to see if I can finally get it to work. The blank playlist was at least recognized by the game and unlocked the achievement, so I got an achievement but no music or audio. :/

Snackar
09-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Any recommendations on where to get fan chants? This way, I can do the said process above to import them into the game?
I got mine from Fanchants.com. They have a fair few there, including ones for my League 1 Brighton & Hove.

JrdRIOT
09-30-2010, 12:26 AM
http://www.4shared.com/dir/u5SQpiCd/sharing.html

I'm not sure 100% if i'm allowed to post this, but i don't see why not.

LegendKiller
09-30-2010, 06:18 AM
I've had the same sort of problem before, make sure you're burning it as an audio CD and not a MP3 CD.

BIakey07
09-30-2010, 08:16 AM
ive managed to create playlist and everything with chants and entrance music etc but they just dont work in the game is there a certain format I need like mp3 etc cus menu music dont work and i have z cars entrance for everton and that doesnt work when they walk out either

ugoindownsaka
09-30-2010, 09:48 AM
awesome link dude, gonna take me forever to assign all these now, thanks for wasting my day lol.

i have the same issue with the playlist thing although mine are being picked up through the network and not on my hard drive, im gonna put them on a memory stick and see how that goes.

Perxxxxx
09-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Itunes - Playlist - Burn to CD (Audio) - CD into Xbox - Rip to Hard drive - Rename songs and album - Doesn't show up on Fifa.

Those were my steps and it hasn't worked for me either. :(

WoodsMonk
09-30-2010, 12:00 PM

Thanks for those:bow:

Naffry
09-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Could someone just do a step by step run through of what to do. I need to go and fetch a cd to burn these onto, unless theres another way?

BIakey07
09-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Itunes - Playlist - Burn to CD (Audio) - CD into Xbox - Rip to Hard drive - Rename songs and album - Doesn't show up on Fifa.

Those were my steps and it hasn't worked for me either. :(

U dont have to rename the songs and artists but it easier and all u gota do after that is create a playlist on ya xbox and when u search on the fifa screen ure playlist will show up under the default playlist..

be warned u have to create a playslist for each chant even if it means having one song on each playlist i have created atleast 10 playlists with 1 song on them for example..

first playlist: z cars (everton) - everton entrance
second playlist: Glory Glory (man united) - man united end game
third playlist: rocky theme (man united) - man united entrance

as u can see it will take a while but it is worth it and be warned mine didnt work straight away i done them last night and it didnt work but i turned xbox on this morning and they all worked including my 25 song playlist for my menus

hope this helps

Naffry
09-30-2010, 02:28 PM
^^^ Right so i get all the songs, put them into a playlist (all in one or one in each) :S on itune, then burn to disk? Then what on the xbox?

XI I AM ZAK IX
09-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Here is a video:

YouTube - Fifa 11 | New Choons Achievement Tutorial

BIakey07
09-30-2010, 02:35 PM
^^^ Right so i get all the songs, put them into a playlist (all in one or one in each) :S on itune, then burn to disk? Then what on the xbox?

noo u burn all songs onto disk then put disk in xbox rip the cd to the hard drive after that u click on the songs then u will have to save each individual chant into a playlist on the xbox then just find the right team or player to assign the chant too

I burned 35 songs onto my xbox 10 being chants for matches/teams/ players etcc and 25 being menu music.. so 25 songs were in 1 playlist called menu and the other 10 were each had their own playlist saved as for example man u entrance, man u end, pro goal, everton entrance, liverpool entrance etc (doesnt matter what u save them as jus makes it easier to tell them apart).

MusePT23
09-30-2010, 02:35 PM

This is simply FANTASTIC!!!! THANKS A LOT MAN!!

Now I have a question regarding the Fan Chants and entrance music...

We have to do playlists with them? Can I put them in a pen instead of a CD?

JrdRIOT
09-30-2010, 03:14 PM
This is simply FANTASTIC!!!! THANKS A LOT MAN!!

Now I have a question regarding the Fan Chants and entrance music...

We have to do playlists with them? Can I put them in a pen instead of a CD?
No problem, glad you found it useful. :)

Unfortunately buddy, you have to burn it onto a CD-R.
Pain in the ass I know...

jtr1gg3r
09-30-2010, 03:26 PM
God all this for one fucking achievement is ridicoulous

XI I AM ZAK IX
09-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Them chants sound cool gunna put them on a CD no :)

c88
09-30-2010, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the links, fellas!! I owe (all of) you one!!

Naffry
09-30-2010, 08:07 PM
No problem, glad you found it useful. :)

Unfortunately buddy, you have to burn it onto a CD-R.
Pain in the ass I know...

Dude i cannot get this to work. I bought a CD-R today, came home, went into I-tunes and made a playlist, then i burnt it all onto the disk as an Audio disk. Put it in the xbox and it wouldn't even load, just kept telling me to open the xbox tray. Any ideas?

JrdRIOT
09-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Dude i cannot get this to work. I bought a CD-R today, came home, went into I-tunes and made a playlist, then i burnt it all onto the disk as an Audio disk. Put it in the xbox and it wouldn't even load, just kept telling me to open the xbox tray. Any ideas?
You 100% sure it's a CD-R not a CD-RW?

Naffry
09-30-2010, 08:16 PM
You 100% sure it's a CD-R not a CD-RW?

100%, i have it here now lol

JrdRIOT
09-30-2010, 08:18 PM
100%, i have it here now lol
Hm, give me a step by step of exactly what you're doing.
(I have to burn another disc off, so i'll do it the way you did it to see if there's any difference in our methods haha)

Naffry
09-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Put all the songs into a playlist on itunes
Click burn to disk or w.e
Disc format: Audio CD
Burning Burning Burnt
Put it in my xbox.....
Open tray?

Doesn't work

JrdRIOT
09-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Put all the songs into a playlist on itunes
Click burn to disk or w.e
Disc format: Audio CD
Burning Burning Burnt
Put it in my xbox.....
Open tray?

Doesn't work
Try putting it into your computer and loading iTunes to see if it recognises that the media is actually on there, if it's not then it's not burning properly, if it is, then for some reason your disc tray is being an asshole.

Naffry
09-30-2010, 08:25 PM
Try putting it into your computer and loading iTunes to see if it recognises that the media is actually on there, if it's not then it's not burning properly, if it is, then for some reason your disc tray is being an asshole.

Works fine on Itunes, even comes up on the "My computer" as an audio CD

IXISHADOW
09-30-2010, 08:25 PM
If you use legit real copies of the Cd is auto names them.

JrdRIOT
09-30-2010, 08:26 PM
Works fine on Itunes, even comes up on the "My computer" as an audio CD
It has to be your xbox then mate, you do exactly what I do and the disc come up.

Naffry
09-30-2010, 08:27 PM
It has to be your xbox then mate, you do exactly what I do and the disc come up.

Its a brand new xbox though lol.

JrdRIOT
09-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Its a brand new xbox though lol.
Strange...
Try putting in a legit retail CD and see what happens?

Naffry
09-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Strange...
Try putting in a legit retail CD and see what happens?

This is going to sound weird. But i have NO legit CD's in my house lol. I had to go out and buy this CD to burn onto lol.

JrdRIOT
09-30-2010, 08:31 PM
This is going to sound weird. But i have NO legit CD's in my house lol. I had to go out and buy this CD to burn onto lol.
I've never heard of someone not having a CD in their house before, how many discs did you buy?

Naffry
09-30-2010, 08:35 PM
I've never heard of someone not having a CD in their house before, how many discs did you buy?

1 Haha. I used to burn all my music to disks when i had a stereo in my flat. Then when we moved into our house i left them all behind and now i have all my music on the Pc and Netbook lol.

JrdRIOT
09-30-2010, 08:36 PM
1 Haha. I used to burn all my music to disks when i had a stereo in my flat. Then when we moved into our house i left them all behind and now i have all my music on the Pc and Netbook lol.
Ah that's understandable, why don't you try another disc?

Naffry
09-30-2010, 08:38 PM
Ah that's understandable, why don't you try another disc?

I don't have one? Lol.

Naffry
09-30-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm gunna go and watch celebrity juice and then try again tommorow. I'll buy some more CD's and get someone to lend me a legit one. If it doesn't work fancy making me one and sending it me in the post if i paypal you enough to cover postage and the disc? Lol.

jcloverboy
09-30-2010, 09:14 PM

Awesome contribution man. I am trying to avoid doing it all though...did stadium names maybe 3 times for FIFA 10 (silly resets with roster updates)

JrdRIOT
09-30-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm gunna go and watch celebrity juice and then try again tommorow. I'll buy some more CD's and get someone to lend me a legit one. If it doesn't work fancy making me one and sending it me in the post if i paypal you enough to cover postage and the disc? Lol.
If you really need me to, I'll happily do it.
I've sent you a friend request on XBL so if you want to talk tomorrow or something, message me on there or inbox me on here :)

MusePT23
10-01-2010, 12:10 AM
One question...

for the files to work in the game, do they have any time limitation that they can't exceed?

I can't hear the Entrance Music for the 4 teams I made it... I used the songs in the site linked in this thread for Porto, Benfica, Sporting and Portugal... I hear them on the xbox, but not in game after I have selected them to be the entrance music to each team...

Am I doing something wrong? Can't the files be bigger than x seconds and if they are you won't hear them in game?

thanks

Snackar
10-01-2010, 03:04 AM
I finally got mine to work. Yes, I had them ALL as audio (NOT data) CD-Rs. But what finally worked was making a direct disc-to-disc copy. I put one of my previous burns (without a playlist file) in the top CD tray and put another blank in my burner tray. For some reason, THAT did the trick for the audio to rip. Then I made the playlist under the 360's dashboard player. Now I hear Sussex by the Sea when my Seagulls enter the arena.

Still trying to figure out how that worked but nothing else. *shrug*

Naffry
10-01-2010, 09:06 AM
I finally got mine to work. Yes, I had them ALL as audio (NOT data) CD-Rs. But what finally worked was making a direct disc-to-disc copy. I put one of my previous burns (without a playlist file) in the top CD tray and put another blank in my burner tray. For some reason, THAT did the trick for the audio to rip. Then I made the playlist under the 360's dashboard player. Now I hear Sussex by the Sea when my Seagulls enter the arena.

Still trying to figure out how that worked but nothing else. *shrug*

I'm still having trouble, will pop out today and try get some more disc's and maybe find someone with a legit disc haha.

ian333333
10-01-2010, 01:18 PM

how do you download these? it keeps tryin to make me sign up for the premium serivice when i click on the download button :(

charliehowes
10-01-2010, 01:45 PM
how do you download these? it keeps tryin to make me sign up for the premium serivice when i click on the download button :(

Click one at a time mate. You have to have an account to do multiple downloads at the same time.
Look in the zip files folder on there and then you'll be able to download everything.

I'm also having problems getting the chants on to my xbox.
Burned them onto a cd-r as audio, put disk in console and it automatically started playing.
I then clicked to rip to hard drive and the progress bar went across each individual track, but each one came up as the no sign (circle with a line through it).
Why has it done this when it'c clearly picked up the disk as audio and found all the tracks on it ?

Mallorca
11-19-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm also having problems getting the chants on to my xbox.
Burned them onto a cd-r as audio, put disk in console and it automatically started playing.
I then clicked to rip to hard drive and the progress bar went across each individual track, but each one came up as the no sign (circle with a line through it).
Why has it done this when it'c clearly picked up the disk as audio and found all the tracks on it ?

At last.... someone who is suffering the same problem as me. I've spent the last what.... 6 days trying to get chants on and it's just not happening. I investigated the media sharing option.... doesn't work because my xbox can't find my pc even though the pc finds the xbox

So I get my mate at work to burn all the stuff onto cd-r's and I get the same problem as you do. Have you played a track and then you get that circle once it's done so that you can't play it again???