PDA

View Full Version : "He Ain't Even Married" Achievement?

bdavid81
09-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Hey, to anyone, likely fellow reviewers, have you gotten the "He Ain't Even Married" achievement yet?

It requires you to "Survive a specific section without getting hit." but I can't figure out where. It's the one one I need for 200 GS so I'd love to get some help figuring it out.

Murgatroyd7
09-30-2010, 02:31 PM
I've been wondering about that myself. Granted, I've only gone through a couple of levels...I was hoping it would be something obvious later on. I know some reviewers on another forum who are playing this; I'll try asking them.

bdavid81
09-30-2010, 02:49 PM
Great. :)

I've been trying to get an answer from @Comic_Jumper on Twitter as well, but not getting a response. Might just have to wait for an achievement guide.

tonyskat
09-30-2010, 06:20 PM
I also don't know. But did you try to finish some challenge? You have to beat them without getting hit, but I didn't try them yet. It's definitely not connected to specific parts in missions, when you have to survive part without getting hit for extra cash.

misfit119
09-30-2010, 07:23 PM
THe picture is that of a drill. I haven't gotten too far but I imagine that the whale looking boss, whatever his name is (Benny?) that you fight in the giant drill machine is the boss fight in question. Now if I could only figure out the whole "Shut Star Up" thing.

tonyskat
09-30-2010, 08:01 PM
THe picture is that of a drill. I haven't gotten too far but I imagine that the whale looking boss, whatever his name is (Benny?) that you fight in the giant drill machine is the boss fight in question. Now if I could only figure out the whole "Shut Star Up" thing.
Yeah, I also had that idea (I didn't try it yet) but I think that would be pretty hard, because the wires with electricity is impossible to see enough early.

And about Shut Star Up. After you beat Brad in first comic, the Star bites Captain Smiley into his hand and you can punch the star with X. Just keep pressing it. If you didn't get that first time, you will have another change at the end of game - the last mission, again after beating Brad. Star is going to bite again...

Radical Dylan
10-01-2010, 04:42 AM
That is a good idea, I'm gonna try beating the drill guy now without getting hurt. Only missing the shooting bullets one, and this one. The other achievements I got in one playthrough without really trying.

Edit: just beat benny on the drill without getting hit, and didn't get the achievement. I used a "help" when the second rockets came, because they are flat out annoying and it ended up killing him at the same time. hopefully, using the help didn't cause it to glitch out.

Murgatroyd7
10-02-2010, 12:04 PM
The only response I've received from anyone is "either during the Silver Age comics or towards the end I guess". In other words: they don't know either.

I'm not even done with the Silver Age yet; I keep dying. This isn't really my kind of game, which is too bad because I adore Twisted Pixel.

kyboy
10-02-2010, 06:57 PM
i thought this didnt come out til oct 6th?

Radical Dylan
10-02-2010, 07:43 PM
@Murgatroyd7 - It's more about the humor and dialogue, rather then the gameplay.

@Kyboy - Review copies. Microsoft always hands out review copies insanely early.

Murgatroyd7
10-03-2010, 06:54 AM
Sure, the humor is important, but it should be fun to play a game, don't you think? If a game is so frustrating that you don't want to get through it, the jokes won't be worth it (especially since you could just watch videos online if the gameplay isn't important). And personally, I thought most of the dialog was pretty lame. There were some really funny lines here and there, but I think all of the funniest parts were visual gags.

It's definitely not a bad game and the difficulty is manageable (I never got stuck; just slowed down), but I wish it would've been more fun. The boss battles were great, though. I would've been happy just fighting bosses the whole time. Heh.

Anyway...maybe this is a silly suggestion, but I wonder if this achievement simply ties into one of those don't-get-hit challenges. Wouldn't really explain why the picture has Benny in it, though.

Out of curiosity, how many shots has everyone fired? I held down the trigger for pretty much the entire game, but I only have something like 64,000.

tonyskat
10-03-2010, 07:50 AM
Out of curiosity, how many shots has everyone fired? I held down the trigger for pretty much the entire game, but I only have something like 64,000.
Yeah, I have almost same number. Maybe more. I got few more bullets from challenges. The game is very good. I also had problems from the beginning, because I never played this type of games (2D shooter) and I'm left-handed on them :-). But it was really only about time. It was little bit frustrating, but I still enjoyed every minute with the game.

BTW. Do you remember parody of Kickboxer from Nanoc? :-D

Murgatroyd7
10-04-2010, 01:49 AM
Kickboxer is the movie with the guy that covers his fists with nails or glass, isn't it? That's the only thing I remember from the movie, so I wouldn't have caught any references.

pinata242
10-04-2010, 04:04 AM
Pretty sure it was Bloodsport, not Kickboxer ;)

tonyskat
10-04-2010, 04:49 AM
Pretty sure it was Bloodsport, not Kickboxer ;)
Nope, the first part is from Blood sport, but the main, when Smiley hits Nanoc, is from Kickboxer.

Radical Dylan
10-04-2010, 05:45 AM
Lol, the game was too easy in my opinion. There were parodies all throughout the game. The Benny fight for instance was a clear parody of the movie "Total Recall". I think different people were amused by different parts of the game based on how many of the parodies they could actually catch. Like me for instance, didn't even catch the nanoc parody you guys are talking about.

And I have over 125,000 shots fired. I just replayed the game a second time, while trying to do as much of it without getting hit. Still didn't get the final achievement for surviving a certain part without being hit.

tonyskat
10-04-2010, 12:43 PM
When Smiley gave to Nanoc double-fist. It from this movie (at 3:40):
YouTube - Van Damme: Kickboxer Final Fight (1989)

pinata242
10-04-2010, 02:07 PM
When Smiley gave to Nanoc double-fist. It from this movie (at 3:40):
YouTube - Van Damme: Kickboxer Final Fight (1989) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q3stFYLVa4)

Fair enough, but the sand was from BS. Full of Van Damme references. The whole Comic Jumper craft was stolen straight from Time Cop.

tonyskat
10-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Fair enough, but the sand was from BS. Full of Van Damme references. The whole Comic Jumper craft was stolen straight from Time Cop.
Yeah, but at that double-fist I almost fell off the chair :-).

Phawx
10-04-2010, 06:29 PM
I played through the benny part twice without being hit. Once when using the super power, once with out. No Cheevo.

pinata242
10-04-2010, 08:12 PM
I got Michael Wilford (@mrwilford) to confirm via Twitter that it is related to the Benny segment:

@pinata242 Heheh, yeah, it's related to Benny. Let me know if you want more of a hint.

That's all I'm going to ask, but if someone else wants to bug him for more info, be my guest ;)

Radical Dylan
10-04-2010, 11:22 PM
I played through the benny part twice without being hit. Once when using the super power, once with out. No Cheevo.

Thank god, I'm not the only one who didn't get the achievement... IT could possibly be getting glitched somehow... or something is counting as a hit, but not registering... or something...

Disco Ball
10-05-2010, 04:44 PM
I am also stuck on this achievement. I am trying to beat all the challenges, since they all consist of not getting hit. I have one to go, and I can't beat the darned thing. My plan was to beat them all, then go back and also try that part without getting hit.

pinata242
10-05-2010, 05:10 PM
For those of you that think you did section(s) of the Benny fight without getting hit, did you finish off the level to get the to summary/saving screen? It may not award the achievement until then.

Phawx
10-05-2010, 06:44 PM
I did that as well pinata. No cheevo

toythatkills
10-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Also beaten Benny hit free, in the same boat achievement wise.

Two ideas:

There's a chance you have to beat Benny first time, maybe. When I've beaten him without being hit it's been after a few restarts to that checkpoint.

Maybe you have to just not be hit at all in that level until you've beaten Benny.

Either way is beyond me though, simply because of the amount of times I'd have to replay that tedious first passage. If someone's got the skills though, worth trying!

(or it's just totally glitched and nowt will work.)

Radical Dylan
10-06-2010, 04:05 AM
Yeah, I completed the level entirely, thinking that may have been the cause... Sheesh; I also got it after multiple attempts. Having to beat it on the first attempt, or the whole level without getting hurt seems really tedious for a Twisted Pixel game.

Now that I think about it, this is probably one of the hardest achievements found in all of the twisted pixel games. Maybe just because we don't actually know how to unlock it.

pinata242
10-06-2010, 04:16 AM
I've done it myself now and nothing popped. I'll try to hit up some of the TP folks tomorrow to see what they have to say. I used Help Mes because the 3rd section is a bitch and they each take off 165,000 of Benny's health. I even did it from the start of the level to the end of the level without dying on him.

I haven't done it without Help Mes yet (got really close once :() but I can't imagine they'd invalidate it. So either we're doing it wrong or it's glitched. The response I posted earlier makes me think there's more to it than meets the eye.

toythatkills
10-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Yeah, I completed the level entirely, thinking that may have been the cause... Sheesh; I also got it after multiple attempts. Having to beat it on the first attempt, or the whole level without getting hurt seems really tedious for a Twisted Pixel game.

Yeah. If it is that it's just because it's broken, it's meant to be just the Benny fight, but it could be a way to unlock it now. Or it could just still not work!

I haven't done it without Help Mes yet (got really close once :() but I can't imagine they'd invalidate it. So either we're doing it wrong or it's glitched. The response I posted earlier makes me think there's more to it than meets the eye.

I've done it twice without help mes. Nada.

AdamVG-R
10-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Wish TP would just tell us if its glitched or not. On the plus side, trying to figure it out is giving me a huge boost towards my 125k shots achievement.

xXxJoEkRxXx
10-06-2010, 04:18 PM
I think the section of not getting hit they are talking about is the running section in the second level, where you have to avoid birds n tiki idol statues while running.... I'm not good @ those parts so I'm not sure, I haven't eaten without getting hit

toythatkills
10-06-2010, 05:08 PM
I think the section of not getting head they are talking about is the running section in the second level, where you have to avoid birds n tiki idol statues while running.... I'm not good @ those parts so I'm not sure, I haven't eaten without getting hit
No, it's the Benny fight, as discussed and confirmed by the devs.

AdamVG-R
10-06-2010, 08:29 PM
It's definitely the Benny fight, I found this gamerpic attached to the achievement on a list somewhere.

http://www.trueachievements.com/imagestore/0000323000/323016.jpg

jorax
10-06-2010, 09:23 PM
I thought I saw a tweet from the dev about this achievement being glitched - I'll see if I can dig it up (of couse I can't find it right now).

Captain Urahara
10-06-2010, 09:37 PM
I thought I saw a tweet from the dev about this achievement being glitched - I'll see if I can dig it up (of couse I can't find it right now).
http://twitter.com/#!/Comic_Jumper/status/26580602043

GR4V1G0R3
10-07-2010, 01:49 AM
bugger

if i'd have read this before trying i would have saved myself a lot of time (about 90 mins)

just did it, no help me's or anything, after many annoying clipping issues (the red beams hitting when they shouldn't have, and a lot of being a tard (what more could you expect from me)

shame i'll have to do it again when it's fixed ... not looking forward to that

well at least i got an extra 20000 shots from it

Industrial Arts
10-07-2010, 04:09 AM
Odd that it's glitched. I had an early code and noticed some of the people on the leaderboards who didn't have hacked stats had 200/200 in the game.

Kaiser Sigil
10-08-2010, 07:06 AM
so it's officially impossible til a patch? that blows... this would've been completion #50 for me

xpeanutman
10-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Sure, the humor is important, but it should be fun to play a game, don't you think? If a game is so frustrating that you don't want to get through it, the jokes won't be worth it (especially since you could just watch videos online if the gameplay isn't important). And personally, I thought most of the dialog was pretty lame. There were some really funny lines here and there, but I think all of the funniest parts were visual gags.

It's definitely not a bad game and the difficulty is manageable (I never got stuck; just slowed down), but I wish it would've been more fun. The boss battles were great, though. I would've been happy just fighting bosses the whole time. Heh.

Anyway...maybe this is a silly suggestion, but I wonder if this achievement simply ties into one of those don't-get-hit challenges. Wouldn't really explain why the picture has Benny in it, though.

lol well you can fire a lot more if you wrap the controller cord around the trigger button:uzi: and leave it there for a couple of hours you can get the achevo that way instead of beating the game 2 and a half times

AdamVG-R
10-08-2010, 12:46 PM
I just held down the trigger while watching TV lol.

Nefarious Aeon
10-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Taped the trigger down. Then chilled for a few hours :D

A BENGAL HOBO
10-08-2010, 07:18 PM
suggestion,dince its a section and a section isint over till he goes out and switches would it be the begiiniing ttill it switches without gettting hit

pinata242
10-08-2010, 07:36 PM
suggestion,dince its a section and a section isint over till he goes out and switches would it be the begiiniing ttill it switches without gettting hit

Read the thread. No. Write better.

BP!
10-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Even though this Achievement is glitched, I am trying some things to see if it actually would unlock.

- I am choosing Restart Level to restart Improbable Paper Pals #79 every time I fail an attempt instead of dying. I have the patience to go through the start of the stage multiple times.

- Currently, it seems that using the Help Mes do prevent you from getting the Achievement. It is unknown if this will change after a patch or not. If it does, you should enter the fight with all 3 stocked up. Use them in the 2nd and 3rd parts of the fight. If you have Benny's health at about 450,000 before using the Help Mes, you WILL beat him using only the 3 Help Mes, as they do at least 150,000 to Benny.

- There is ONE very interesting thing that may cause the "glitch" on an otherwise perfect run (other than falling into the lasers during the missile section in the 3rd part of the fight). During the 2nd part, when Benny uses the lasers to go straight down, then side to side where you have to move with them, the lasers turn off before they're retracted. It's unknown if "contact" with where the lasers would be would count as getting hit.

- If Benny does the "Disappearing Laser" (that isn't like the one I mentioned) where you have to go to the right, kiss the Achievement goodbye. It should be possible to avoid it, but every attempt I make, I "graze" the laser and take damage.

- The only thing left for me to do is to get a real perfect run without using Help Mes in the last part (I just hate the lasers between the boxes) to see if it's completely unobtainable currently, or if it's just glitched so you have to do it the first time you run into Benny.

EDIT: Well, I guess it really IS unobtainable until a patch. I just beat Benny without taking a single hit after going through the first part of the stage, and I beat Mistress Ropes without getting hit as well. Save & Continue, no Achievement pops. So a message to anyone else who wants to try to get it. Don't bother at all until a patch happens. I just beat Benny without taking a hit, and nothing popped at any point afterward.

DARKSAV10R
10-09-2010, 11:18 AM
It's from Benny (The Drill Boss).

The achievement relates to Total Recall where the character Benny keeps telling Arnie he has a wife and 5 kids to feed.
When he slips up by saying "I've got a wife and 6 kids to feed" Arnie questions him "I thought you had 5?" to which Benny replies "Aw man, you got me... I ain't even married!"

Hope that helps ;)

Oloshadow
10-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Dang I figured it was that Benny fight just cause during the entire fight I thought about the scene from Total Recall. Laughed so hard at the end when ya beat him. Still hope that the helps won't affect the cheevo after it gets fixed. I mean it only says don't get hit. Not don't get hit and don't use helps >_>. Maybe I'm just being particular but yeah...

BillyKlyde
10-09-2010, 04:32 PM
I've done it a couple times without getting hit. The last time I did it, as soon as I beat Benny a notification popped up. I was like "WHAT? YESS!" But it was just my friend signing on :/

Nefarious Aeon
10-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Hey just wandering, How will we know when this has been fixed? I'm patiently waiting for my next complete game :(.

toythatkills
10-09-2010, 10:12 PM
It'll need to be updated. So when you play it and it asks you to update first, the achievement should work next time.

I assume it'll be fixed in the update they talked about for next week.

metallicorphan
10-09-2010, 11:04 PM
I've done it a couple times without getting hit. The last time I did it, as soon as I beat Benny a notification popped up. I was like "WHAT? YESS!" But it was just my friend signing on :/

HaHa,that always happens to me as well when i am expecting an achievement...damn friends:p

GR4V1G0R3
10-12-2010, 02:10 AM
indeed, 3 possible solutions

delete them, kill them OR turn off notifications

if you have a good memory and wouldn't have a barny at your 360 when youve forgotten and it doesn't pop up with your achievement (i know i would do that so i leave it on)

it's good to have no friends :D

crimson valsung
10-12-2010, 02:55 PM
yeah, this sucks. they need to fix this poste haste!

reelweezerfish
10-12-2010, 07:56 PM
So is there any solid news on when exactly they will update the game besides just "this week?"

RIIIPPER
10-13-2010, 03:10 PM
So is there any solid news on when exactly they will update the game besides just "this week?"

Yeah, I'd like to know, too. I've played through this enough without a cheevo for my work! lol Though it did help me get over 125000 shots...

pinata242
10-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Tweets just went out:

Update on the "He Aint Even Married" achievement: We gave MS a fix last week, they'll prop it as soon as they can. Will keep you posted.

MEMANIAsama
10-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Not looking forward to doing this. Although it was fairly easy, until the final part which I mucked up abit. Also, during transitions of pages seems to be a great time for "throw your controller because of a cheap shot" moments.

GR4V1G0R3
10-13-2010, 11:28 PM
UPDATE FROM THE GUYS

Update on the "He Aint Even Married" achievement: We gave MS a fix last week, they'll prop it as soon as they can. Will keep you posted.

so were just waiting on the nubcakes at M$ to let us have the fix and we good

pinata242
10-13-2010, 11:54 PM
UPDATE FROM THE GUYS

so were just waiting on the nubcakes at M$ to let us have the fix and we good

You could have known 4.5 hours earlier ;)

GR4V1G0R3
10-14-2010, 08:54 AM
yeah didn't load 2nd page like a nub :sheepishface:

mummy68
10-15-2010, 08:27 AM
this cheevo is glitch we have to wait for an update. Hope it will be fix quick

Industrial Arts
10-16-2010, 07:32 AM
When the update does go up, easiest way to get it, but three "helps" and play the level. Once you are falling down the shaft and his health is around either 48k, use the special move. The first time it will teleport you to the next section down below. However, use it two more times and it will reduce him to zero.

Zonic505
10-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll have to do that then it's fixed.

pinata242
10-16-2010, 05:30 PM
He meant 480k, since each help hits him for ~165k. When I did it before, I'd get him down to around 600-550k and just before the first section ended, I'd use the first Help Me. Then we'd start falling and he'd be ~400k left. I'd shoot him down to just below 330k, and I'd use the second Help Me. This would trigger the 3rd section and I'd use the last Help Me during the transition, before the game even gave me back control. He'd be dead before the we'd even move.

Now, whether or not that will work for the achievement when the patch hits, I can't say :D

A Moldy Stump
10-17-2010, 06:20 AM
wouldve had this cheevo first try if it wasnt glitched

Zeargi
10-17-2010, 08:20 AM
Also for this fight I've noticed two things, so take care or you may have to do it over.
In the start of the 3rd section continue moving forward slightly or you might run the risk of being hit with the drill as the section begins. Also When you actually drop his HP to 0 make sure you've got some distance here too, otherwise when he dies, the drill with whip back to the front and hit you.

inakaigo
10-17-2010, 10:36 PM
wouldve had this cheevo first try if it wasnt glitched
same with me :(

A Moldy Stump
10-18-2010, 07:35 AM
Anyone know when the patch is supposed to come?

pinata242
10-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Anyone know when the patch is supposed to come?

All we know is that it's in MS's court now. They need to approve and propagate it. As of 8:20am CDT it's still not up.

El Grave
10-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Update yet?

GR4V1G0R3
10-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Update yet?

nope

we'll just have to keep trying the game every day, until we see ye olde 'disconnected from xbox live' then we're in business

Xc3ntrik
10-21-2010, 05:59 AM
ok seriously am I gonna have to redo this achieve after patch or not!?

i've been practicing for about 2 hours and i can't seem to do it again thanks to a controller that has a tendency to run towards benny on its own.

so my real question is "does anyone know if it will pop after patch?"

pinata242
10-21-2010, 01:41 PM
We can't know that for sure until the patch comes. We assume it will since that's the point of the patch.

Xc3ntrik
10-21-2010, 09:30 PM
awesome, no need to throw my controller anymore. thanks

shulamm
10-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Is this achievement still glitched? Any news?

IceKingz
10-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Looks like it still. Does anyone know how long patches usually take to implement when it's been sent to MS? I recall it being a relatively long process. Not tremendously long but this process feels like it should only take a few days which sucks. Soon enough.

pinata242
10-24-2010, 10:42 PM
This feels like Microsoft being a little pre-occupied with Kinect launch, new dashboard rollout, Xbox.com facelift, holiday releases, etc, etc.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It'll come when it comes.

MacPhisto
10-26-2010, 09:09 AM
With the newly-redesigned xbox.com, you can now see the colored achievement tile and the full post-unlock achievement description for any non-secret achievements even before you unlock them, and this is what it shows for "He Ain't Even Married":

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/9306/bennyo.png

Zonic505
10-26-2010, 04:34 PM
We got an update from Comic Jumper's Twitter:

Update on the "He Ain't Even Married" achievement: title update is almost out of cert, should be any day now

SpiralGamerpro
10-28-2010, 04:47 AM
We got an update from Comic Jumper's Twitter: That is MAWESOME news!

x Akwellen x
10-28-2010, 12:13 PM
has this updated yet cus Im still to unlock this one no point trying till its fixxed

pinata242
10-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Latest Tweet (10am CDT):

Update on the "He Aint Even Married Achievement": the cert team just finished approving it, expect it LIVE within 24 hours! =)

Zonic505
10-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Awesome news. I'll keep an eye on when it's available

francisrossi
10-28-2010, 10:44 PM
I can avoid being hit until he launches those damn missiles.

Zonic505
10-29-2010, 12:26 AM
It appears it should be up soon according to Comic Jumper's Twitter. I'd check, but I'm not at home at the moment. Anyone online at the moment wanna confirm if it's updated?

pinata242
10-29-2010, 12:46 AM
It appears it should be up soon according to Comic Jumper's Twitter. I'd check, but I'm not at home at the moment. Anyone online at the moment wanna confirm if it's updated?

Not yet for me.

Zonic505
10-29-2010, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I just checked & it's still not up. I'll keep watching the Twitter to see if there's any updates. Hopefully, it'll be updated before I go to sleep...

pinata242
10-29-2010, 01:26 AM
Yeah, I just checked & it's still not up. I'll keep watching the Twitter to see if there's any updates. Hopefully, it'll be updated before I go to sleep...

I don't know when you go to sleep, but I'd be betting on 2am PDT like most of their releases. Patches may come out sooner but, let's be honest, it's been 3 weeks already. They aren't exactly expediting this minor fix.

I'll just check first thing in the morning while the kids are waiting for the bus :)

IceKingz
10-29-2010, 01:52 AM
While it is a minor fix I think it's the fact that the patch process takes so long anyways with MS. I don't think the size really matters it's just the process of placing a patch on a game I think that is what slows them down. TP actually did a decent job on getting a patch out pretty fast, it's good to see they are active with the community. *Glares at Ubisoft with Naruto*

Zonic505
10-29-2010, 01:53 AM
Oh, so 5 AM for me (I'm EST). Yeah, 1st thing tomorrow, I'll check to see if it's up.

pinata242
10-29-2010, 02:07 AM
While it is a minor fix I think it's the fact that the patch process takes so long anyways with MS. I don't think the size really matters it's just the process of placing a patch on a game I think that is what slows them down. TP actually did a decent job on getting a patch out pretty fast, it's good to see they are active with the community. *Glares at Ubisoft with Naruto*

I meant that as far as priority on MS's side. It's not a critical break/fix patch, it's a very minor thing since the game works. I believe this is why it has taken so long and hasn't been rushed out whenever it's finally approved, no matter the time of day.

IceKingz
10-29-2010, 02:20 AM
I meant that as far as priority on MS's side. It's not a critical break/fix patch, it's a very minor thing since the game works. I believe this is why it has taken so long and hasn't been rushed out whenever it's finally approved, no matter the time of day.

Very true man, it probably doesn't help that their marketplace servers have been haywire and there's a rush of big games out lol they are probably running around frantic while the patch gathered some dust before getting spotted.

pinata242
10-29-2010, 02:25 AM
Very true man, it probably doesn't help that their marketplace servers have been haywire and there's a rush of big games out lol they are probably running around frantic while the patch gathered some dust before getting spotted.

Word, plus everyone's probably mostly focused on the new Dashboard rollout, the Kinect launch, and the Xbox.com redesign.

Hopefully things will get back to normal in a few weeks.

pinata242
10-29-2010, 12:48 PM
No patch for me as of 10 minutes ago :(

IceKingz
10-29-2010, 08:06 PM
4PM EST and still not up, pretty sure it's been more than 24 hours. =P

metallicorphan
10-30-2010, 11:38 AM
12.30pm UK time and no patch...with it now being Saturday,do you think it will be at least Monday for the patch to be released?

Trips
10-30-2010, 10:56 PM
12.30pm UK time and no patch...with it now being Saturday,do you think it will be at least Monday for the patch to be released?

Monday at the EARLIEST.

Your best bet is probably mid week around when the kinect and new dash roll out.

IceKingz
10-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Gosh it's as if they just find out ways to stall and prolong this problem as long as they can. It's agrivating that they seem to take such low priority in urgent issues such as these. MS really neglects achievements and little do they know how much of a fanbase they bring in.

MacPhisto
10-31-2010, 12:11 PM
At this point, it might get delayed even further now, since Monday 11/1 is the scheduled date of the big Fall Dashboard update. I doubt they're going to do anything with a minor game patch when there's a huge global release of a Dashboard update ready to go. But here's hoping we'll FINALLY get it once the dust has settled from that!

pinata242
11-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Latest (5:35pm Eastern):

Update on the TU: a bug in MS's system is gumming up the works, we're expecting it LIVE as soon as they fix it.

IceKingz
11-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Edit: Whoops, can't quote a quote but I'm talking to the above post.

Why am I not surprised?? Oh well, Fable 3 is getting REALLY good and Halo Reach's challenges are keeping me preoccupied.

samjustsam
11-02-2010, 09:56 AM
:mad:the achievement i tried to get for hours on saturday is glitched. wtf!? that pisses me off. o well....hope it gets fixed soon. i figured it was the benny fight cuse he keeps talking about how many kids he has to feed. i was never even able to make it past the third part of the battle without getting hit. actually i think i did once but one of his missles got me on the fourth part. if this is how to get the achievement then im gonna give up on it. its way too hard for me.:(

ryanmwilson
11-02-2010, 11:53 AM
any new news on update?

pinata242
11-02-2010, 05:39 PM
11/2/2010 1:20pm Eastern:

Still waiting to hear from MS on their progress fixing their bug that is preventing our TU from going LIVE =(

Exu
11-02-2010, 06:24 PM
This is taking the piss now...

PistonHonda22
11-03-2010, 03:51 AM
Monday at the EARLIEST.

Your best bet is probably mid week around when the kinect and new dash roll out.
How right you were. We'll be lucky to see the patch in the month of November at this rate.

pinata242
11-03-2010, 04:25 PM
If it's any consolation, the Borderlands update is held up for the same reasons. There are a lot of vocal people about that. Yesterday I asked @XboxSupport what's going on and they said the "appropriate teams are investigating". So, for whatever that's worth...

Anyway, it's starting to snowball.

pinata242
11-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Well, it's been a week since it was certified and still nothing for us.

Good news, though, the Borderlands Title Update was released last night after only a day :rolleyes:

popsikills
11-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Well, just got back from class and downloaded the "patch". Now every time I finish the first "section" of the Benny fight, the game starts glitching pretty badly.

PaleVoyager
11-05-2010, 06:32 PM
The patch is released and the achievement now unlocks.

I can confirm that using "Help Me" doesn't work. I tried it, and the achievement didn't unlock until I beat the boss without them.

metallicorphan
11-05-2010, 07:03 PM
is it the whole fight you have to go through without getting hit?

T0b3
11-05-2010, 07:20 PM
The patch is released and the achievement now unlocks.

I can confirm that using "Help Me" doesn't work. I tried it, and the achievement didn't unlock until I beat the boss without them.

WHAT
You're kidding, right?

Exu
11-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Well I can confirm that using a Help Me DOES work.
I used three in a row once Benny was down to 450k health and bleep bloop.

T0b3
11-05-2010, 07:29 PM

Sweet, thanks, dude!

pr1me
11-05-2010, 07:35 PM

Same here, I used all three at the end of part 2 and finally got the achievement! :woop:

Xc3ntrik
11-05-2010, 08:02 PM
an update just hit. anyone know what it is? im attempting he ain't even married again now

Xc3ntrik
11-05-2010, 08:05 PM
lol omg nevermind

bplayak
11-05-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm in the same boat having the "help me's" not work for unlocking the achievement as well as the game being extremely glitchy. After I finished the part yet again without getting hit and doing the fighting scen on the beach, the comic page turned twice after I started fighting and captain smiley was just standing on a screen twirling his guns. I could do nothing but restart. At what point is the achievement unlocking for you guys? As soon as his life hits 0?

Exu
11-05-2010, 08:27 PM
It popped for me as soon as he died, yeah. Once the cutscene kicked in.

T0b3
11-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Same here, I used all three at the end of part 2 and finally got the achievement! :woop:

That's the way to go as it seems.

Now I have about 30,000 shots left for Violence solves everything. Rubber band is ready.. ;)

pinata242
11-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Not unlocking for me either and I've tried multiple times, all with Help Mes.

For the glitch, I've found that if you defeat Benny in the second section, it'll mess up later during the rope climbing area (you can hear Benny talking about his 5 kids). In order to avoid this, just make sure the 3rd section at least begins to load before using your final Help Me.

For those of you that DID get it to unlock with a Help Me, were you at full health when you got to Benny? I ask because Help mes heal you fully, so maybe there's a check for "starting health" vs "ending health".

Has anyone let themselves die during the fight and then successfully got it to unlock on a retry?

T0b3
11-05-2010, 09:01 PM
I had about 40% health left when I defeated him using Help Mes.
Plus: I used them all up at once. The last once was used while the page in the comic book changed.

Popped without any issues..

pinata242
11-05-2010, 09:10 PM
I had about 40% health left when I defeated him using Help Mes.
Plus: I used them all up at once. The last once was used while the page in the comic book changed.

Popped without any issues..

That's how I've been doing it since the beginning. Still nothing for me, but I'm going to keep at it.

By the way, your Help Mes fill your health, so how can you be at 40% when you beat him?

IceKingz
11-05-2010, 09:13 PM
I just unlocked it after struggling big time with his stupid lasers in the falling section.

I used the first help me when he was at 580k right before the falling section then when he we hit the ground I used the second then the third. I started off with almost no health so if anyone is wondering that doesn't affect it and I messed up and purposely died and it still unlocked. The achievement also unlocks the second you get Benny at 0. Not at the actual end of the level so there's some questions answered for you guys.

For the people with the glitches, I would just clear your cache and try again. I had one glitch where a robot vacuum fell into Benny at the beginning but everything else was fine.

Glad to get 200 finally =)

slacker322
11-05-2010, 09:14 PM
The Update is LIVE so this achievement is attainable now. A few notes:

You can use Help Me's. I used all 3 in a row once he was down to 450,000 or so.

If you get hit before using your Help Me's, just die. It will start you back at the checkpoint and there are no repercussions. Overall, not too difficult.

Good Luck!

T0b3
11-05-2010, 09:38 PM
That's how I've been doing it since the beginning. Still nothing for me, but I'm going to keep at it.

By the way, your Help Mes fill your health, so how can you be at 40% when you beat him?

Er. I meant I had 40% health when I began the fight.

archivers
11-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Finally got the achievement, used all 3 help mes in the second/falling section in a row to finish him off. I had to kill myself a few times to restart because I got hit :(

Grufalo
11-05-2010, 10:32 PM
I solve it. i tried serval times with the help me with out geting it. Because i never had full life then i came to benny. so i then i got to benny i let benny killed me one time. and after that i complet it with the help me out and got the achievment as soon as Bennys life hit 0.

Captain Urahara
11-05-2010, 10:40 PM
I got the achievement as well. I had a hard time as during the second phase(falling) one of the lasers kept damaging me even though it wasn't touching me.
And at the start of the third phase, he kept ramming me before I had a chance to react.

Took a couple of tries but I got it. Didn't even have to use a Help, mainly since I forgot about them haha

Zonic505
11-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Just found out via Twitter the update was live. Gonna attempt to get the achievement now.

.....why didn't I get it? Maybe because I used the Help Me while the screens were still in transaction?

WTF, I STILL haven't gotten it. Guess I'll trying dying when I get to him, then beating him w/ full health.

Quick question. Do you have to beat the entire level, or will it appear when you beat Benny?

Grufalo
11-05-2010, 11:30 PM
The achievment should unlock then you beat him. but in the second part with the faling the drill can auto hit you with out you notice it.

PaleVoyager
11-05-2010, 11:37 PM
So that's it then. You ought to be at 100% health for the Help Me's to work. I apologize for the misinformation. I just went off my own experience.

JC
11-05-2010, 11:42 PM
This achievement is very hard, each time you use a Help-Me and lose health you must return to base and get another Help-Me, restarting the level does not work...and the missiles are impossible to dodge.

Grufalo
11-05-2010, 11:44 PM
JC you can shoot the misils to get rid of them.

JC
11-05-2010, 11:47 PM
JC you can shoot the misils to get rid of them.
Will try that and saw you can quit to Dashboard to save your Help-Me(s) if you lose health.

Zonic505
11-05-2010, 11:52 PM
THERE WE GO. Finally got the achievement. Now I've 100%'d the game.

& yeah, I always shoot the missiles so they don't hit me.

spectreon
11-06-2010, 03:37 AM
Glad I came here to check.... gonna go try this soon... thanks for the tips guys

N30CHAOS
11-06-2010, 04:32 AM
I also did not get the achievement after beating benny without getting hit but I also went into the fight with some loss of health.

What will work without a hitch (as mentioned above) is letting benny kill you right off the bat if you have low health, then beat him without getting hit at all (you can still use all three of the "help me") and bam, achievement unlocked. :)

pinata242
11-06-2010, 04:50 AM
So my hunch was right that everyone that got it and used Help Mes started the fight with full health (or rather restarted the fight and got full health ;))

Seems the check they're making is if "Ending Health" == "Starting Health" so if anyone puts it in a guide, they should recommend letting Benny run over Smiley immediately.

DarkGin87
11-06-2010, 07:23 AM
I'm really having a hard time with this one mainly because i have no crds for the help me

is there some method for easy "help me"

francisrossi
11-06-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm really having a hard time with this one mainly because i have no crds for the help me

is there some method for easy "help me"

Have you bought all the bonus materials? They give you bonus credits for missions and challenges. Just redo a challenge or a level to rack up plenty of coin, then purchase your upgrades.

webdoggy
11-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Was able to get it last night first try. Thanks for the help me idea. I went into the battle with low health and let him kill me. Took him down to about 450k health and used the three help me's one after another until he was dead. Worked like a charm.

arete
11-08-2010, 04:36 PM
I actually did it before but did it using the help me trick now in half the time.

PrinceRules64
11-10-2010, 01:21 PM
I actually did it with two "help me"s, got him down to just under 350k before using the first one. Not that hard since the down-the-wall section doesn't end until about 300k. Use the first, let the scene change, use the second.
"Benny! Screeeeeeew youuuuuuuu!"

UnknownPleasures
11-11-2010, 03:26 AM
Just got this today. Finally finished with this game.

RIIIPPER
11-11-2010, 09:50 PM
It's about bloody time they got they got the patch out for this... Now to see if I can actually EARN it! lol

RIIIPPER
11-12-2010, 12:33 AM
There! Finally got him. Took several tries (NOTE: do not request help before getting down low on points... had 10,000 points to go and got hit -- had to restart whole level after buying more help me's!), but now I've got 100%.

I got that spinning gun glitch, too, but only after I got the achievement. It's NOT worth my time to go back and redo that whole level again just to get a bit higher score on the leaderboards. Overall, the most annoying achievement for this game, but not the hardest that Twisted Pixel had made (that's gotta be in 'Splosion Man).

francisrossi
11-12-2010, 01:04 AM
but not the hardest that Twisted Pixel had made (that's gotta be in 'Splosion Man).
Certainly not in The Maw :)

sansot
11-14-2010, 04:42 AM
In case anyone had any doubts, I wanted to throw in my two cents on the issue of this glitched achievement.

TL;DNR version: If you use a help me during the battle and you didn't enter the fight with Benny with full health, you will not get the achievement. If you intend to use a help me during the fight and your health is less than 100%, let Benny kill you and then give it a go.

Full Story:
This achievement would just not pop for me, even after the update. I deleted the game from my Xbox's memory and redownloaded it. Still nothing. I cleared the cache on my box and redownloaded the updated. Still nothing. I then read some posts on this thread and can confirm everything I stated above about how to get the achievement. I never let Benny kill me at the start to bring my health back to 100% until tonight. The time I finally try it, achievement unlocked. That tells me that they do a check at the start of the fight and then at the end of the fight to see the health difference. If it's different at all, no achievement. Which makes me wonder: lets say you start the fight at 100% health. And then what if you get a hit a couple of times during the battle. Then, what if you used a help me toward the end of the fight, refilling your health back to its starting place. Would the achievement unlock? I don't know, but it's interesting.

Dany1981Mtl
11-15-2010, 02:06 AM
i finally got this achievement by using this video.

YouTube - Comic Jumper He Ain't Even Married Achievement

I did the exact same thing and it unlocked after using the 3rd help me. If somebody has trouble with this achievement, you can try the video. If you manage to get Benny's health down to ~440,000 at the 2nd part of the fight without getting hit, you are pretty close. Then use the 3 help mes one after another.

Good luck

Firegod83
11-17-2010, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the tip on the Help Me's, worked like a charm.

200/200

XBL Unreal
11-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Do you start pushing towards the right before the third section starts?. I always get hit as soon as that section starts. I have also had it that he starts using the laser right away in the second section and when I use a help me the third section starts. I will try again when I get more credits.

pinata242
11-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Do you start pushing towards the right before the third section starts?. I always get hit as soon as that section starts. I have also had it that he starts using the laser right away in the second section and when I use a help me the third section starts. I will try again when I get more credits.

Don't wait for the third section to actually start. You can hit Benny with your last, deadly Help Me as the scene is transitioning with the comic page turning.

PanocideX
11-25-2010, 12:25 AM
This achievement is so frustrating. One little slip up and you have to start all over. Ugh! I'll get it eventually.

Thanks for all the hints from everyone!

Madfrog0
12-06-2010, 12:16 AM
im still trying to get this!

Morggsy
12-09-2010, 07:41 PM
i still cant get it, even after the patch :( help plz

ErrolErrolson
12-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks to everyone posting useful advice I finally snagged this achievement earlier today!

Just a word of warning about something that caught me out, between the first and second Help Me! I was clobbered by Benny and had to start again. Try to hold off using the first help me until he is between attacks, that way of you a second or so to dodge his next attack before you can use your second help me.

Thanks again you helpful peoples you.

-Errol

Groudon199
12-12-2010, 07:36 AM
i still cant get it, even after the patch :( help plz

Are you starting the fight at 100% health?

XBL Unreal
12-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Don't wait for the third section to actually start. You can hit Benny with your last, deadly Help Me as the scene is transitioning with the comic page turning.
Oh OK. I didn't know that. Thanks. :) I need more credits to get 3 more help me's but I will try again when I do.

GeoKazDav
12-31-2010, 11:28 AM
So you have to start with 100% health (and obviously finish with 100%)? I did this morning, not starting with 100% did it without getting hit and then no achievement. This cheesed me off as its not a hard achievement its just bloody annoying!

Didi Mau
12-31-2010, 01:26 PM
So you have to start with 100% health (and obviously finish with 100%)? I did this morning, not starting with 100% did it without getting hit and then no achievement. This cheesed me off as its not a hard achievement its just bloody annoying!

That's correct, if you don't have full health when you start the fight just let Benny kill you so that you restart the fight at 100%.

GeoKazDav
12-31-2010, 02:58 PM
Cheers! Just done it first time! 200/200G woop!

SickSiD0
01-02-2011, 01:19 PM
It gets pretty easy if you can make it through the first and second part without getting hit, which is not so hard, and using Help Me!

I used a help me! in the falling down section at about 360,000 and another one right after falling down (start of "part 3") and killed it. Needed 2 tries though as on the first i got hit right away in the third part.

AFreakinCabbag3
04-11-2011, 05:01 PM
It gets pretty easy if you can make it through the first and second part without getting hit, which is not so hard, and using Help Me!

I used a help me! in the falling down section at about 360,000 and another one right after falling down (start of "part 3") and killed it. Needed 2 tries though as on the first i got hit right away in the third part.

You can drop them at 450k and he dies. As long as you dodge the missles this ones in the bag.

But even if you do get hit you just let him kill you so theres no need to run through the entire level again.

hydrosugar
04-14-2011, 01:10 PM
gah this sucks i know i did it and it didnt unlock. i even played to the end of he level to check if it would unlock there.

i didn't get hit by his dodgy lasers and i used my final help me in the transition between falling and the third part to kill him. ive come close before but i did not get hit this time.

in the past i got hit the moment i touched down in the third part and the moment i started falling in the second part. but i made sure that didnt happen this time.

now for the most part ive been playing this offline. but i made sure i signed into live to update the game, which it did give me the option, before trying to get this(i actually quit midway through my first attempt because i remembered). plus since i downloaded it after the patch came out it should probably be within the game when i was online downloading it, but even so i got the patch. guess i'll try again:mad::mad::mad:

did it again and didnt unlock??? this time i used my last 2 help me's on the third part but nothing doing. do i have to be online while playing for the patch to take effect?
either way i done with this game for the moment at least.

pinata242
04-14-2011, 02:27 PM
As has been mentioned numerous times in this thread it isn't exactly "don't get hit" it's more like "finish with the same health you started with".

So if you use a Help Me and you didn't start with 100% health, it won't count. What you want to do is start the section and then immediately die. This will give you 100% when the section starts again. Then use all your Help Mes in the second run.

Blizzard-1
04-15-2011, 10:18 PM
Did it on my second attempt this afternoon, get to the boss, let him kill you, then dont get hit until the third section use 2 help and hes toast.

HATRID
04-26-2011, 10:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py0jpNxPXOI

for anyone having trouble....

JohnAizen
06-10-2011, 08:56 AM
After getting this, all I gotta say is "BENNY!!!!!!!!!! SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEW YOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!!!!!!!!!!!!" lol

Shade42
08-04-2011, 01:37 AM
Finally got this last night by checking this thread. I'm glad I wasn't trying it when the game was glitched. I got so annoyed with this one section that I never plan on playing the game again. Still it was fun for one playthrough.