PDA

View Full Version : piano question.

M A N I K Fury
09-30-2010, 07:23 PM
hey i was just wondering if it is true you can use your own piano with a midi adapter? and if so how much is it? and where can you get these adapters?

mikachu93
09-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Most, if not all, keyboards with a MIDI out should be compatible with the game. From the Rumours and Facts thread:

There will also be a MIDI adapter so players can use their existing keyboards with the game.

The adapter will sell for $40. With all the early releases going on (Rock Band 3 drums in some stores, keyboards in others, and even some players who get the game itself a month early), I couldn't tell you for sure when it'll be sold in stores, but it should be sold in pretty much any store that sells video games. GameStop, Best Buy, Target, Walmart.

M A N I K Fury
10-02-2010, 05:43 PM
so id have to buy the midi separate? and would it save you money if you just get game and midi, or if you get the game with piano?

Straylow
10-02-2010, 06:44 PM
so id have to buy the midi separate? and would it save you money if you just get game and midi, or if you get the game with piano?

Depends if you want the piano Mad Catz has made or not. If you do, the bundle for the game and keyboard is $129.99. Otherwise the game by itself is the usual $59.99. So it would be cheaper if you just buy the game and the MIDI adapter if you plan on using your own keyboard for the game. But be aware that the MIDI adapter might not be out in some stores before October 26th, as mikachu pointed out. At my store, we've already received the piano and drum kit stand-alones for the Wii, but nothing for the 360 or PS3.

MattyG1983
10-09-2010, 05:52 AM
My gamestop has gotten the wii piano, and wireless RB guitars packaged in RB3 boxes, for a new low price of $60...