PDA

View Full Version : Rock Revolution says hello

Doominatorx6
09-30-2010, 09:54 PM
I am the only one who forsees another Rock Revolution-esque flop with this game? Remember that drum kit that promised to be "realistic?"

It was a JOKE. So was the game: a game blatently playing catch up.

Sounds really familar to this, doesn't it?

And they try to imitate Rock Band 3's "pro" mode? The one thing that will make or break that game (IMO, of course)? Oh boy...

Anyone else forsee this game in the bargain bin for 9.99 a week after release? Or 19.99$ with the instruments?

MuscularTea
10-01-2010, 01:35 AM
That won't be so bad if it's 19.99$ with instruments. Wouldn't mind picking up a super cheap electric guitar haha...

Definitely Rock revolution 2.

weedyleopard
10-01-2010, 02:24 AM
I can Definitly see this game flying into a big pile of cow pie. The guitar is so small the graphics are awful the songs are even worse. Game will fail, im pretty sure

SnakeChips
10-08-2010, 06:50 PM
The interface itself is just bad. And advertising a "real" guitar but not able to play all the notes of a guitar in a song(like RB3 pro mode will). Sounds like they are trying to advertise people to waste there money by tricking them into buying it. Plus just looking at the drums is fail. The "air" factor to it is quite interesting but most people need to see a button to hit, not wail through the air. From the looks of it the slightest off swing can make you hit the wrong one. It just seems annoying to deal with. So yes I agree. Rock Revolution 2. I need a cheap real guitar for $20 XD

MattyG1983
11-16-2010, 08:05 AM
Yea I thought the same thing about this game. Flop city.

Capn Doug
11-16-2010, 09:10 AM
I warned ye! Didn' I warn ye! This game was forged by Lucifer himself to keep Clapton from coming to a playable game!

I did actually warn people about this game (see the thread on drumming mechanics, posted six weeks before the launch date). I got to try it at PAX and it is virtually unplayable. The Guitar looks more like a toy than the Rock Band Strat, the drums are imprecise and lack the recoil necessary to drum properly, the interface is almost the same as Rock Revolution and they talk about it being a real guitar but dumbed it down so much that it acts like any other rythym game.

So far it has sold 40,000 copies worldwide. Compare that with 540k for Guitar Hero 6 or Rock Band 3's "less than stellar sales" of 310k in one week less time. I think it can be declared dead.

lignimvite
03-14-2011, 01:49 AM
Yeah, this game is like Rock Revolution and GH6 mixed, quite terribly I might add.

bob101910
04-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Bought this game from Best Buy for $5. Last time I was able to buy a game that cheap from Best Buy was Rock Revolution.

Spanish Assault
05-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Just picked up the game bundle with the guitar for $24.95 at Best Buy (originally $124.95)

EDIT: I see why it was marked down...the biggest piece of shit game I ever played...graphics were horrible...no matter how much I calibrated it wouldn't register my strums properly...the guitar weighed 1000 lbs....who ever ok'd this crap game for production should have their balls cut off. I want the half hour of my life I lost back.

Chaosflare
05-06-2011, 01:59 AM
GameStop just pennied out their new copies (set to "field destroy") today. xD

Spanish Assault
05-06-2011, 03:39 PM
GameStop just pennied out their new copies (set to "field destroy") today. xD
Are they really gonna destroy their copies?

Chaosflare
05-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Are they really gonna destroy their copies?
Yep; though any already in-stock pre-owned copies appear to remain at their regular price (currently $7.99).