PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2142 Confirmed

BucklingLeader
03-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Source: http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=communityupdate_032106&ncc=1

Hi BF fans,

Today we have some really big news to share with you. The more sniper-eyed of you out there will probably already know, but we're currently hard at work developing "Battlefield 2142", which is scheduled for release this Autumn. As you'll have guessed, this is a departure for the BF series as we're going into the future - something that a lot of you wanted to see happen in the BF universe. We're creating a ton of cool features that you won't have seen in any BF before, including cloaking devices, mines that follow you, awesome new rifles, guns and grenades, and of course, MECHS! We're developing this here in DICE Stockholm while the DICE Canada studio will be hard at work on a 1.3 update for Battlefield 2, as well as the Armoured Fury Booster Pack.

There'll be an "official" press release later on this week but we know that you guys need to know first. Stay tuned and we'll keep you posted on how 2142 is coming along.

The BF2142 Team

graf1k
03-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Wow, that's a lot faster than I would have expected it to come out. I wonder if they are just using the BF2 engine or something.

DarkLif3
03-21-2006, 09:51 PM
That is quite fast. I hope it's good. Reminds me a bit of Planetside actually.

Wizrd54
03-22-2006, 08:08 AM
Wow, that's a lot faster than I would have expected it to come out. I wonder if they are just using the BF2 engine or something.

They sure are using the BF2 engine. That is what dissapoints me because i was hoping for a whole new game, i hope you know what i mean.

P1NSEEKER
03-22-2006, 10:57 AM
any news on a future 360 release?

PaleGringo
03-22-2006, 04:51 PM
Who... wha? Anybody say "Quake Wars?"

Freaking EA. Eating up good developers and spitting up the churl as repackaged games. I honestly and truly believe that EA is the rigid hairy cock of Satan.

Does that mean I won't be donwloading the demo for BF2 on Friday? Hells no.

DarkLif3
03-22-2006, 05:24 PM
I honestly and truly believe that EA is the rigid hairy cock of Satan.

Does that mean I won't be donwloading the demo for BF2 on Friday? Hells no.

Classic. :D

RoughOutline
03-24-2006, 09:23 PM
Looks like the Battlefield series could be yet another series to succumb to EA's rehashing. It didn't seem that long ago since Battlefield 2 came out. Might get it when it does come out, but I've still got to get Battlefield 2. And I'll definitely be steering clear of the console ports.

DarkLif3
03-24-2006, 11:06 PM
I'll be looking forward to it. Not that I'm tired of WWII shooting games or modern combat games but let's spice it up a little here. I can't wait to start walking around in a mech with rockets. (If they get it right)

graf1k
03-25-2006, 06:41 AM
I'll be looking forward to it. Not that I'm tired of WWII shooting games or modern combat games but let's spice it up a little here. I can't wait to start walking around in a mech with rockets. (If they get it right)

I wouldn't mind spicing it up, but this game looks to retread the same territory Unreal Tournament has, and with UT2007 coming out either before or around the same time as this new Battlefield, I don't think BF2142 has an ice cube's chance in hell of taking that crown. Plus motherfucking Quake Wars!

DarkLif3
03-25-2006, 02:11 PM
There's no question other games will be coming out. To me it doesn't matter. UT2007 is a must own for me, Quake Wars looks awesome as well and if done right and since I'm a huge BF fan then BF2142 looks to be awesome in it's own right. All purchases for me.

scoobydiesel
03-28-2006, 08:37 AM
im late on this but im kinda on the fench on this one, cool but at the same time doesnt seem to diffrent just skined, and at the same time just another future fighter