PDA

View Full Version : Firewall - Restricted

hocks88
10-01-2010, 11:09 AM
I have just got this game, and am loving it. However when when playing online, I am finding matches but sometimes they lose connection. I think this maybe down to when it says firewall restricted. Does anybody know how to get around this. Do I need to change my internet settings? I have the BT Home Hub 2.0 if that helps

silencedlight
10-01-2010, 02:08 PM
You'll need to find a way to open up the hub via port forwarding. If you google bt home hub 2.0 firewall and look for port forwarding, it should show how to fix it. Also look on xbox.com and look for port forwarding aswell. It can be lengthy if you don't know how to do it but it opens online gaming a bit better.

hocks88
10-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Thanks, I had a look online but looked very confusing lol.Will have a look on xbox.com though. Or looks like I will be ringing BT

J BARNSLEY
10-01-2010, 04:05 PM
I have a netgear so I don't know if this will work.. find your IP address and put it into the website bar. Hopefully it will load up the router settings. You then need to change the DMZ which is a setting which places specific things like games consoles and laptops outside your firewall. It should show your IP address with a box you can change at the end. If you go on your xbox's network settings your should see somewhere your ip address with a number at the end. The last number is the one you need to put into the box in the dmz setting. Let me know if this helps, i know how much of a pain firewalls can be!