PDA

View Full Version : How to start fast

Suki
10-01-2010, 03:27 PM
does anyone know how to get off the grid quickly there must be a way.

pdean52
10-01-2010, 03:49 PM
i reckon it's pretty random. i normally start high revs at the same time (around 4th light) and sometimes i get away good, sometimes a little sluggish.

i'd love to be proved wrong though and know how to do a mario kart style super start!!

xLMx1994
10-01-2010, 04:00 PM
does anyone know how to get off the grid quickly there must be a way.

what i do is hold the revs just below where the red line comes up on the speedo, the if your close enough to see the lights, when the last light goes up count to 3 seconds. as soon as you count to three hold down the right trigger (pedal). this should put the power down as soon as the lights go out if you time it right. i just did it on melbourne perfectly in career on expert. started 5th got into 3rd just before braking for the first corner.

thepaxman
10-01-2010, 09:17 PM
The lights don't go out at the same time though. Sometimes they go straight off, sometimes there's a pause.

xLMx1994
10-01-2010, 09:28 PM
The lights don't go out at the same time though. Sometimes they go straight off, sometimes there's a pause.

i didnt know that. i said i tried it once and got it spot on. thanks for the info.

Suki
10-02-2010, 08:41 AM
theres defo a way to do super start i raced against a guy online and he had starts that had hime flying off the grid like he had a turbo, he was weaving through from 4th to 1st off the grid with way more grip/speed than anyone else. he did this on quite a few races.

MeanMachine00
10-02-2010, 07:03 PM
theres defo a way to do super start i raced against a guy online and he had starts that had hime flying off the grid like he had a turbo, he was weaving through from 4th to 1st off the grid with way more grip/speed than anyone else. he did this on quite a few races.

He could have customized his race setups to get the best out of the car and just doesn't over rev at the start.
Personally, I always drive Red Bull and usually get a good setup up which made a huge difference from the start since I came from 7th to 2nd until at the first corner, I got taken out.

paul299
10-02-2010, 08:39 PM
I hold the revs so that the tachometer on the steering wheel shows the green and yellow, then feed in the power once the lights go out and this seems to work well.

cornishpasty79
10-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Perhaps the start's broken? If you hold the brake and accelerator when at a standstill on any track then release the brake you accelerate extremely quickly and with minimal wheel spin. It looks like it's some kind of launch control but I don't see the point of it other than at the start of a race where it doesn't work.

f1ferrari
10-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Good tip here would be, get the rev's just right as the lights change producing no wheel-spin, then don't miss time your gear change, 1 gear change wrong and it's finished you have just a normal start. I don't always get a good start, it's swings and roundabouts. practice makes perfect I guess.

SneakyofSneaks
10-04-2010, 09:15 AM
It's timing, I hold on the line just above the max revs, then when the lights go out slam my foot to floor, the lights are exactly the same as a real race they take between 1 and 7 seconds to turn off. Just got to get that exactly right.