PDA

View Full Version : Pro Difficulty....jesus

Eggnogga
10-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Ok. I got the game figured out! On Pro difficulty, what makes the game more of a challenge is every single challenge against me falls into the feet of my opponent. Every single challenge I make on the opposition takes me out of the play and the opponent is able to retain possession.

Also -- When I play a through ball to a man on goal, the defender twinkle toes it away from behind w/out ever taking my man down.

Seriously, I just beat Halo: Reach solo legendary and its in no way as frustrating as playing this game. =/

Morgutak
10-01-2010, 06:04 PM
It's harder than 10 but to be fair: 10 was a bit unrealistic and too easy when it came to such things. :)

Psycho Sykes
10-01-2010, 06:05 PM
mate its easy even on harder difficulties

Eggnogga
10-01-2010, 06:09 PM
I agree 10 was fairly easy. This year its not difficult, just things are really bothering me. Its almost cheap. I rarely give up a goal, its scoring them thats the hard part.

The AI teammates are another thing. Loose ball, or ball squirts me from a challenge and they just sit there and let the opponent get it back. I dunno.. maybe its cuz I'm playing as Schalke, its adding a lil more difficulty to it?

Morgutak
10-01-2010, 06:51 PM
I agree 10 was fairly easy. This year its not difficult, just things are really bothering me. Its almost cheap. I rarely give up a goal, its scoring them thats the hard part.

The AI teammates are another thing. Loose ball, or ball squirts me from a challenge and they just sit there and let the opponent get it back. I dunno.. maybe its cuz I'm playing as Schalke, its adding a lil more difficulty to it?

...why would anyone play as Schalke04? Also known as Scheisse04 (Shit04). :D

Yet, I think it's just a bit more realistic - not having as many goals and making it harder to keep the ball. But it's right that the AI buddies are fairly stupid, indeed. :\

dontgoeasyonme
10-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Same thing happens every year! Takes a few weeks to get used to that's all, think back when you went 09 to 10? Granted this is retarded in parts like collision physics that make you tackling a disadvantage at time and through balls that are just a method of giving it to their defence but it only seems that way because your rushing! It's all about perfecting your timing this year.

The good news is I have been playing for 3 days and have gone from 1-1 1-0's to
3-0 5-2's on world class, just keep practicing an you will get the hang of it

Cammy
10-01-2010, 11:08 PM
i LOVE the fact its harder , i play my career on legendary an it makes it much more enjoyable , the feeling when u score is great :)

RagingClue
10-02-2010, 09:16 AM
...why would anyone play as Schalke04? Also known as Scheisse04 (Shit04). :D

Yet, I think it's just a bit more realistic - not having as many goals and making it harder to keep the ball. But it's right that the AI buddies are fairly stupid, indeed. :\

I'm playing as inter Milan ;) :P

king chong
10-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Blackburn Rovers!

Big fat (and incompetent) Sam's Blue n White Army!!

c88
10-06-2010, 04:02 PM
I just noticed that it is difficult to run straight through the middle on Pro or higher. However, the wing play is still relatively close to FIFA 10. So, if you can get to the wings in the attacking third, you can still have your way with crosses and such.

The game definitely makes possession more important, I think.

Mr.Floppy
10-06-2010, 04:06 PM
pro is compared to legend really hard :D

btw. im playing with Bayern Munich ;)

apradhani
10-06-2010, 05:37 PM
I agree. The difficulties are getting easier. I mean I started my career mode on world class and my second year I went to legendary and I beat Real Madrid 7-1. LOL

TehAssassin8
10-06-2010, 06:25 PM
i see your point, i mean it annoys me when Torres gets outnumbered by 3 players from say............ Leeds and always loses the ball but you get used to it. Play a passing game and you'll put 4 past the crap teams easy

gazmaster1
10-06-2010, 08:34 PM
i LOVE the fact its harder , i play my career on legendary an it makes it much more enjoyable , the feeling when u score is great :)

totally agree, especially if you start as a lower ranked team and move up the tables season after season:woop:

cpr
10-07-2010, 12:22 AM
I play on pro difficulty as Everton

I wasn't winning any games to start off with (typical of everton) but I changed the tactics settings and made it more of a counter attack tactic, bought neymar (super fast) and every through ball i pulled off managed to end up in a goal....

If that didnt work I could always count on arteta to swing one in and cahill to get it in the net, you just really have to play to your teams strenghts ....

BSC YoungBoy
10-07-2010, 12:29 AM
having trouble on pro? you'll be crying on world class or legendary

AS9
10-07-2010, 02:07 AM
I've found Professional to be frustrating as well, the standing tackles nearly always roll the ball to the opposition, AI can recover super quick from a sliding tackle while you are still on the floor, CPU appears to get a lot of luck in the final third if they're chasing a goal late on in the map, deflections etc.

So many times you get the ball and end up surrounded, yet the AI on your side doesn't pressure very well and CPU gets loads of time on the ball and to read your standing and sliding tackle attempts and just go round them. And trying to go thru the middle is a real struggle, defenders just converge around the D, if you can get that far seeing as they're excellent at stepping up to intercept your passes to forwards.

Started out (career mode - player) at West Ham which was challenging then to Real Madrid where I did have a better time in the handful of games my VP got selected. Currently in 3rd season now and have joined Vitoria Setubal to get regular football, again a challenge.

I'm all in favour of innovations to make FIFA more realistic but these cheap incidents that occur (due to Personality+ and Pro Passing) just punish you for playing as the weaker sides.