PDA

View Full Version : Theres 4 Races left of the season...

xLMx1994
10-01-2010, 07:17 PM
and who do you think has been the Stand out team, Driver, Driver that has Disapointed the most, team that has dissapointed the most, the best race of the year so far, and who out of the five still in the running do you want to win the WDC.

Stand out Team - Has to be Red bull. the speed they have had all season has just been incredible.

Stand out Driver - For me it is Webber

Disappointing Driver - Alot of people are going to say Schumacher and i would have to agree. im hoping next year he will be up in the running though.

Disappointing team - HRT. they just havent been on the pace of even lotus and virgin all season. i wouldnt be surprised if you dont see them next season.

Best race of the year - Spa. simply loved that race. so much happened and i loved it.

WDC Winner - Mark Webber. he really deserves it. since he joined F1 with minardi i thought he could have been a contender for a title one day. i hope he gets it. if not i want alonso, and if he dont i want hamilton. then button but i would HATE IT if vettel won. loved his little sulk in hungary.

OctagonQontrol
10-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Stand out: Renault coz the improvement they made is, in grid positions and finish positions, much better than any other team and Kubica is putting the car to good use.

Driver: Again Kubica. Put this man in a Ferrari and he will be World Champ no doubt.

Disappointment: Kobayashi; great start last season, bad season now but also due to "wrecking" the car either from pushing to hard or mechanical failure.

Disappointing team: despite the points they have, I'm calling out Mercedes. A friggin' factory-team and they struggle on pace, motivation and technical improvement.

Best race so far: gotta go with Spa also but have high hopes for Sao Paulo as well.

Winner: I would give Webber the title but fear either Vettel or Hamilton snatches it from him.

xLMx1994
10-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Stand out: Renault coz the improvement they made is, in grid positions and finish positions, much better than any other team and Kubica is putting the car to good use.

Driver: Again Kubica. Put this man in a Ferrari and he will be World Champ no doubt.

Disappointment: Kobayashi; great start last season, bad season now but also due to "wrecking" the car either from pushing to hard or mechanical failure.

Disappointing team: despite the points they have, I'm calling out Mercedes. A friggin' factory-team and they struggle on pace, motivation and technical improvement.

Best race so far: gotta go with Spa also but have high hopes for Sao Paulo as well.

Winner: I would give Webber the title but fear either Vettel or Hamilton snatches it from him.

i was thinking about putting kubica and mercedes where you did. mercedes should be in the title chase. but then again you say there a factory team but so are renault. and renault are doing worse. i would still say that merecdes are struggling more though. as weird as it sounds

OctagonQontrol
10-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Renault is lower on the ranks because Petrov ain't living up to the hype and we all know the team suffered some DNF's and bad pit-calls.

Mercedes, together with 2 highly talented & experienced drivers, should indeed be hunting for the title, at least for Constructor's title.

The only thing about Mercedes, they already announced budget stoppage for 2010 and cuts for 2011; either this is a smoke screen to divert us from the current result or they are already giving up in 2010 and seeing how they would get competitive next year.

Either way, the long going rumour of Kubica maybe going to Ferrari, that would be an awesome call and lifetime opportunity for the Pole (pun intended).

xLMx1994
10-01-2010, 08:10 PM
yh just looking at the standings now petrov only has 19 of renaults 133 or something. kubica is carrying him.

jacobite
10-01-2010, 09:00 PM
For a stand out team I'd also go with RedBull, Both drivers count as favs of mine, Seb has made a ton of errors but at the end I honestly belive he will lift the WDC.

Driver goes to Rosberg for giving it to MS :) People moan at Micheal not fast enough not this and that, few people say anything about Rosberg going out with what must be a hard car to push in, last week he gets a 5th and barely a mention.

xLMx1994
10-01-2010, 09:03 PM
For a stand out team I'd also go with RedBull, Both drivers count as favs of mine, Seb has made a ton of errors but at the end I honestly belive he will lift the WDC.

Driver goes to Rosberg for giving it to MS :) People moan at Micheal not fast enough not this and that, few people say anything about Rosberg going out with what must be a hard car to push in, last week he gets a 5th and barely a mention.

yh rosberg has had a good season. had schumy have got that 5th he would have had a huge mention

o H i T M a N z
10-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Stand out Team - For me McLaren, massive improvement from last years car, still not the quickest, but the two Brits still in with a chance of the title.

Stand out Driver - Kubica, beaten his team-mate easily at every race i think, and finished with a few podiums in an average car.

Most Disappointing Driver - Has to be Vitali Petrov, he must be the only driver that has got nowhere near to his team-mate. Has Petrov even completed a weekend without a crash ?

Most Disappointing Team - Has to be Mercedes, it was rumoured they would be up fighting for the titles, they are nowhere near.

Best Race of The Year - I think it was Istanbul, Turkey. When the two Red Bulls collided and Lewis went on to win. I actually LoL'D.

WDC Winner - Hopefully Lewis Hamilton or Jenson Button

marKot1k
10-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Either way, the long going rumour of Kubica maybe going to Ferrari, that would be an awesome call and lifetime opportunity for the Pole (pun intended).

TBH I dont think that would be a good idea - Alonso, obviously there for the long term, means Kubica would be moving to a team only to fill the number 2 driver spot - with zero chance of winning big.

He needs a team where his talent can shine and at least if he has a good car under him, can aim for higher things. Yes, driving for Ferrari would look good on the CV but theres no way we would see the best of him with a team centered around his team-mate and not him. Bad move I'd say. Unless they dump Fernando of course ;)

TBH I just wish there were than a handful of cars who could win races these days. Having watched Formula One for almost 30 years, it really has lost most of its excitement. Even more so, now re-fuelling is gone. Most races, I actually find myself wishing it would rain, just to stir things up a little.

I still enjoy it and watch from Free Practice right through to the Red Button forum after the GP but to myself, and no doubt a lot of others, its definitely lost a lot of its shine. I hate to say it, 'cause it makes me sound old, but it's not like it used to be...

Oops, went off topic a bit there and I still havn't written my answers to the original post. Sorry, I'll go have a think 1st :p

Dragon86
10-02-2010, 04:22 AM
I don't think Mercedes would have been capable fighting for the title this year. Yeah this particular team won the drivers and constructor titles last year as Brawn GP, but If I remember right, the performance compared to the other cars started to fall off, once the other teams figured out what they were doing and put in the necessary upgrades. It was a loophole in the new technical rules that allowed Brawn to have the very early success like they did last year. So I'm actually not that suprised that they aren't in the constructors title hunt.

o H i T M a N z
10-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Also ... The thing about Kubica, cant see him going to Ferrari anytime soon because i think Massa signed a 3 yaer contract with Ferrari only a couple months ago.