PDA

View Full Version : Do Collectible Drops Require Critical Shots?

jedonato
10-01-2010, 08:52 PM
In the zombie island it required headshots in order for brains to drop. Do claptraps need to be killed in a certain way in order for special drops we all need for the collectible achievements. I don't know if its just me but it seems when I killed a claptrap with a critical shot it gave me the hard to find items. Can someone else test this to confirm or prove its all just random. Thanks

Daftmouse
10-02-2010, 05:27 AM
I am not CERTAIN one way or the other, but I believe critical hits are irrelevant.

Nei Debrusc
10-02-2010, 06:15 AM
I hope critical hits are irrelevant. I pretty much always crit them to death, and I still get abysmal drop rates.

vetteindreams
10-02-2010, 06:45 AM
will take note of my results in a bit and see whether this pans for me

anything to improve the chances

nfntjy
10-02-2010, 07:20 AM
In the zombie island it required headshots in order for brains to drop. Do claptraps need to be killed in a certain way in order for special drops we all need for the collectible achievements. I don't know if its just me but it seems when I killed a claptrap with a critical shot it gave me the hard to find items. Can someone else test this to confirm or prove its all just random. Thanks

critical hits are not required. i doubt that they improve the chances.

you can get collectibles without even killing them, if they are the kamikaze type.

Klebo
10-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Just farm at MINAC when you get to it and you'll be fine!!

because it drops Kamikaze Traps!!

Genesis x360a
10-02-2010, 09:43 AM
critical hits are not required. i doubt that they improve the chances.

you can get collectibles without even killing them, if they are the kamikaze type.

I agree. Crictical shots dont improve your chances of a good drop. I was getting critical shots for around an hour on the Claps and i got better drops by just letting them kill themselves. Also i noticed that a Class mod with +Rare item find doesn't do anything either which is kinda stupid.