PDA

View Full Version : Player To Manager Achievement?

ALTFOX
10-02-2010, 11:55 AM

tomabbott1984
10-02-2010, 05:18 PM
can someone please help on this as I am in the same situation

Haagse Jessy
10-02-2010, 05:30 PM
look on the achievement guide page 5. will link it in 1 minute here
edit:

Got this info from PS3 throphies (So i dont take count! it was posted by: Junkd03 !!)
Its about the achievement It's in the blood. (Changed the post abit, since they were talking about throphies :))

Just got this achievement. This is what I did:

Start a new career mode as a player. I chose Sydney FC as the Australian league is short and I chose to use a created player. I created a 97 rated goalkeeper in order to get the Established Keeper achievement.

Worth mentioning I chose Professional difficulty. This may have helped get the Record Holder trophy.

I simmed the first season in one go (takes about 10mins) just go to the last day in May and press A then advance to this date. I got the Established Keeper and Good Week trophy.

I chose to stay with Sydney in second season as a player. After simming the second season I got the Folklore trophy. I saved and quit and got the Record Holder trophy (not sure what triggered this).

Finally I started a third season and chose to stay at Sydney again but this time as a player/manager and this is where the It's In The Blood popped for me.

Again, this is not from me, its from Junkd03 on ps3throphies.org
Im trying to do it now, will report if it worked
edit: it worked, check my achievements if you dont trust me, unlocked:
Established Keeper, Record Holder, Good Week!, Folklore (and of course its in the blood)
also

tomabbott1984
10-02-2010, 05:47 PM
ok thanks a lot for this info

Shelder
10-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Weird, yesterday I did exactly what you did, and the achievements unlocked same as you except for It's In The Blood. At the end of the second season, I couldn't choose to be player-manager. :o

Haagse Jessy
10-02-2010, 06:13 PM
you can choose manager also, thats fine also. Achievement will unlock also then. Just pick manager OR player/manager

JrdRIOT
10-02-2010, 06:57 PM
look on the achievement guide page 5. will link it in 1 minute here
edit:

Got this info from PS3 throphies (So i dont take count! it was posted by: Junkd03 !!)
Its about the achievement It's in the blood. (Changed the post abit, since they were talking about throphies :))

Just got this achievement. This is what I did:

Start a new career mode as a player. I chose Sydney FC as the Australian league is short and I chose to use a created player. I created a 97 rated goalkeeper in order to get the Established Keeper achievement.

Worth mentioning I chose Professional difficulty. This may have helped get the Record Holder trophy.

I simmed the first season in one go (takes about 10mins) just go to the last day in May and press A then advance to this date. I got the Established Keeper and Good Week trophy.

I chose to stay with Sydney in second season as a player. After simming the second season I got the Folklore trophy. I saved and quit and got the Record Holder trophy (not sure what triggered this).

Finally I started a third season and chose to stay at Sydney again but this time as a player/manager and this is where the It's In The Blood popped for me.

Again, this is not from me, its from Junkd03 on ps3throphies.org
Im trying to do it now, will report if it worked
edit: it worked, check my achievements if you dont trust me, unlocked:
Established Keeper, Record Holder, Good Week!, Folklore (and of course its in the blood)
also
Currently simming my 4th season with Sydney and no offer of a manager position... this is pissing me off now.

tomabbott1984
10-02-2010, 06:59 PM
im on 4th season as well without an offer

cadetduke
10-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Weird, yesterday I did exactly what you did, and the achievements unlocked same as you except for It's In The Blood. At the end of the second season, I couldn't choose to be player-manager. :o
At the club selection screen where you can choose to stay with the team did you scroll to look at the other clubs?

I followed those directions exactly and at the club select screen after season 2 there were two Sydney FCs. One as a player and one as a player manager among the other teams that wanted to sign me.

Haagse Jessy
10-02-2010, 07:06 PM
are you pressing to the right or left? you get 3 offers total, if its right: 1 random, 1 player at your club, and an manager at your club, at the end of the season jsut go right / left with your controller

Shelder
10-03-2010, 11:40 AM
At the club selection screen where you can choose to stay with the team did you scroll to look at the other clubs?

I followed those directions exactly and at the club select screen after season 2 there were two Sydney FCs. One as a player and one as a player manager among the other teams that wanted to sign me.

are you pressing to the right or left? you get 3 offers total, if its right: 1 random, 1 player at your club, and an manager at your club, at the end of the season jsut go right / left with your controller

Yes guys, I have like 10 teams that want to sign me, but no offers to sign as player - manager or simply manager.

When I tried this, I used a swiss team, and not Sydney FC. I'll give it a try with the same team as you guys.

Haagse Jessy
10-03-2010, 11:55 AM
I used Barca myself

Shelder
10-03-2010, 12:23 PM
OK, I did it again with Sydney FC, and after the second season, no offer to sign as a manager. I'll try a couple seasons more to see if something change.

soundlessb00m
10-03-2010, 02:06 PM
I used Barca myself

You said you used Sydney FC in your "guide".

lucianobeckford
10-03-2010, 02:45 PM
This is going to sound really noobish, I can't find the option to sim my games :/...

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks!

Lavindathar
10-03-2010, 02:46 PM
What age did you make your created keepers? Does it make a difference?

coullgfx
10-03-2010, 03:16 PM
tried this 3 times now, and no matter what team i choose i alays get a message from the board, saying im shit and im not getting my contract renewed :(

Haagse Jessy
10-03-2010, 03:57 PM
You said you used Sydney FC in your "guide".

If you read this isnt my guide, i said 2 times i got it copy pasted form another site, never said i did choose sydney myself

Biermann11
10-03-2010, 04:09 PM
it worked for me, I already got the "In the blood" achievment after simming the 2nd season

Flash6289
10-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Tried 2 seasons with Messi to no avail so created own GK with 99 stats for Perth Glory and just simming now...

colin90
10-03-2010, 04:22 PM
can u do this achievement by simming games or do u have to play them all

Lavindathar
10-03-2010, 04:29 PM
How do you create custom players with 99 stats?

Only way I can find to create a player is by doing a VP, and I can't alter his stats!

Flash6289
10-03-2010, 04:41 PM
How do you create custom players with 99 stats?

Only way I can find to create a player is by doing a VP, and I can't alter his stats!
Option in career mode.

Lavindathar
10-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Ok sweet.

As I asked earlier, does the age of the created player make any difference? Those who have got it to work, what age did you set your player as?

Shelder
10-03-2010, 04:46 PM
I got mine at the end of third season. So guys, keep signing with your current club until they offer you to sign as player - manager. :p

Flash6289
10-03-2010, 04:51 PM
I got mine at the end of third season. So guys, keep signing with your current club until they offer you to sign as player - manager. :p
How soon did you get 'Folklore'? Just simming through my 3rd season with neither yet.

soundlessb00m
10-03-2010, 05:43 PM
I got 'Folklore' at the end of simming my second sason with a keeper i created at 99 for Sydney FC in the A-League. I simmed 7 seasons and I wasn't offered anything but a renewed contract as a player for the club or either squad member/starting 11 player for other clubs - no player-manager positions.

I've just started another with Liverpool as Carragher to see if it works after a couple of seasons.

I also tried setting the age of my created player to 39 and he just retired after 3 seasons and the game just finishes.

Lavindathar
10-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Just to say this worked for me, end of the second season I got em.

soundlessb00m
10-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Just to say this worked for me, end of the second season I got em.

How did you do it? Any help?

DntStpMeNw
10-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Ya any help would be appreciated, got to end of year 2017 with Sydney FC as a Goalkeeper, seemed to be capped at Legend...

DntStpMeNw
10-03-2010, 06:53 PM
HOORAH

Finally got it, I simmed through 4 seasons all the way to 2017 to no avail.

In the end I worked out what I was doing wrong, do NOT create the player and assign him to the team BEFORE you start your new Career.

INSTEAD start a new career and when it asks you to if you want to play as your VP, create a new player or use a current one, CREATE a new player then.

Did this and after the 2nd season I had the choice of continue to be a Legend or be a Player/Manager, hope this helps some of you.

SPM V1
10-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Can anyone else confirm the above post that its not possible to get offered a player-managers job with your VP?

soundlessb00m
10-03-2010, 09:36 PM
HOORAH

Finally got it, I simmed through 4 seasons all the way to 2017 to no avail.

In the end I worked out what I was doing wrong, do NOT create the player and assign him to the team BEFORE you start your new Career.

INSTEAD start a new career and when it asks you to if you want to play as your VP, create a new player or use a current one, CREATE a new player then.

Did this and after the 2nd season I had the choice of continue to be a Legend or be a Player/Manager, hope this helps some of you.

This method worked for me, although I had to sim 4 seasons to become club captain then I was offered a player-manager position.

But create your player AFTER choosing career mode and selecting the "player" option.

SPM V1
10-03-2010, 09:59 PM
I used me VP and it took me 7 years to become a legend and go to Player Manager. I was Chelsea. :woop:

Cheers man.. already through my second season that i haven't been simming any of and was worried i had wasted my time :)

mptuk
10-03-2010, 10:03 PM
i just got to captain on my 3rd season with man city using my VP nothing has unlocked yet an seems to be stuck on captain got no legend or nothing im near end of the season so might unlock by then

FoRty9
10-04-2010, 12:54 PM
At what point do you become a legend at the club?

I've gone from being a starting 11 player, key player and now I'm the captain and have been for 2/3 seasons. Is it possible for me to become a legend and then become a player-manager?

FoRty9
10-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Scrap the above, I've unlocked them both now thanks the second post in this thread :D

TIRO23
10-08-2010, 02:28 AM
7 season and not offer me to mannager????