PDA

View Full Version : PS3 vs 360

tpb
10-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Is this game better on one console than the other?

Suki
10-03-2010, 10:09 AM
for me the 360 version was better

fivebyfive200
10-03-2010, 06:18 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-enslaved-demo-showdown-blog-entry

360 wins

Eleo
10-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Regardless of which is better, there was a lot of slowdown on the 360 version during larger combat scenes and boss battles. You also get a sort of hoverboard device and the game seems to have trouble keeping the framerate up with your rate of movement. I don't know how the PS3 will fair in comparison, but I can say that from the perspective of the full game, it's not like the 360 is doing anything special. Could possibly be PS3 version will be even choppier.

Dz06lt
10-04-2010, 12:09 AM
You surely wont get an honest answer here why bother asking

El Presidente
10-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Regardless of which is better, there was a lot of slowdown on the 360 version during larger combat scenes and boss battles. You also get a sort of hoverboard device and the game seems to have trouble keeping the framerate up with your rate of movement. I don't know how the PS3 will fair in comparison, but I can say that from the perspective of the full game, it's not like the 360 is doing anything special. Could possibly be PS3 version will be even choppier.

Well, I've played it on my girlfriend's 360 Slim and had barely any probems - maybe one or two slowdowns, but definetely not more. :woop:

Nevertheless I've installed the game after Chapter 2 due to the loud disc drive noices, so that could have prevented some trouble in my case. Maybe you should just try that :)

musatstefan
10-05-2010, 08:03 PM
the 360 version is by far better

Lord Zetta EP3
10-06-2010, 04:34 PM
the 360 version is by far better

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/7885.html

According to this, Enslaved would have been a way better game all the way around if Ninja Theory kept it a PS3 Exclusive and it wasn't crippled by making it work on the Xbox.

So, I'm not so sure the 360 version is "by far better" as you put it.

Every single review for this game complains about the 360 version's problems, however, the ps3 version seems to have some problems too.

Just saying.

Zaku77
10-07-2010, 05:21 PM
From what I've read they both have some obvious technical problems, but less so on the 360.

fivebyfive200
10-07-2010, 05:36 PM

According to this, Enslaved would have been a way better game all the way around if Ninja Theory kept it a PS3 Exclusive and it wasn't crippled by making it work on the Xbox..

They had to use the unreal engine has sony owns the HS engine, unreal 3 engine runs a bit worse on the ps3

Dz06lt: I put a unbiased link

jrmtz85
10-07-2010, 05:38 PM

According to this, Enslaved would have been a way better game all the way around if Ninja Theory kept it a PS3 Exclusive and it wasn't crippled by making it work on the Xbox.

Every single review for this game complains about the 360 version's problems, however, the ps3 version seems to have some problems too.

Just saying.

You do realize you're quoting a website called "psxextreme" to say a PS3 version would have been better. Might as well be quoting Sony itself.

AirborneRichard
10-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Seems as far i know both versions have their small problems besides that its an never ending war between PS3 & Xbox360 owners what console has the better graphics realy, i def get sick of it at times. Basicly as i have owned both systems i only can say of a game is specialy designed to be played on one console then the detail and graphics are amazing as an example Uncharted 2 looked amazing on the PS3 But so does Gears Of War 1 & 2 on the Xbox360.
I think of one or another games looks slightly better on one of the systems then its because the gamestudio is working on both versions at times or just on one and then transfer it for the other console. A good example is Castlevania Lord Of Shadow were the Xbox360 suffers from a short freeze in gameplay when doing a mortal combo on an enemy or fighting a boss battle, were the PS3 version on the other hand not has any issues in this matter, its just a fault that can be removed with a update patch just like in Darksiders then as it suffered almost the same problem then.

YUGON
10-07-2010, 10:21 PM

Just saying.

I'm not an expert about PS3 or tech issues but, for what I know, PS3 is programmed on Linux. According to that, and If that is true, is obvious that If Enslaved were a PS3 exclusive game, it would have been a much better game but... they may have been making the game at least, 1 or 2 more years...

As I said, I'm not an expert on all that so... It may not be true what I'm saying but, I wanted to say it anyway xDD :)

maur1c1o
01-21-2011, 02:45 AM
Seriously why bother its not like you will even notice the differences unless you are trying to and looking for them like slowing down motion rate using tech to spot the differences come on people whats the point there are so minor its not even gona make a difference its rediculious the comparision. Find something more usefull to do with your time cant believe how much people protect their favourite console. Wherever you go people are always comparing the two consoles personally i coulden't careless i respect both for their individualities and paths they choose god damn it sure would suck if all we had to choose from was a xbox 360 look at it that way