PDA

View Full Version : Possible freeze fix

iBabyDestiny
10-03-2010, 04:45 AM
Like for most people the game was freezing for my boyfriend and me as well while we were trying to do the 1000 miles achievement but I might have found a way to fix this problem. We just moved our profiles and the save file to a memory unit. After loading up the game again and going for the achievement it wasn't freezing anymore :woop: So I hope that might help some other people as well! Maybe the size of the storage device is the problem?

VeryRoyalDutch
10-05-2010, 06:05 PM
195GB left, size matters? :P

iBabyDestiny
10-05-2010, 11:30 PM
I didn't meant it that way! I just think that the storage device has to be small... It worked for me just fine that way, I was driving 700 miles without a freeze and it didn't freeze for my bf either. Try it or leave it...

SkyJin
10-09-2010, 02:33 AM
This is really working for some weird reason.
Throw your gamertag and savefile onto a memory unit, and start racing. Never freezes! :D Finally I can get this done!

Langeboy
10-09-2010, 04:16 AM
So this problem only occurs when your at a high level of miles? Because I've completed the story and so far driven 630ish miles, will I start having freezing problems soon?

EDIT: Just froze for the first time at 998.70 miles -.-

amacteur
10-09-2010, 11:03 AM
So this problem only occurs when your at a high level of miles? Because I've completed the story and so far driven 630ish miles, will I start having freezing problems soon?

I've never experienced any freezing (main story or DLC). I installed the game on the HD, maybe it can help :confused:

SkyJin
10-09-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm not sure how it works, but to me it seems random.
I tried installing it on my HDD (250GB), but that didn't help at all, freezed the first time I passed a gas station.
Never froze during the story of the DLC. Just afterwards when I started to go for the Explorer chievo.

And to me and my gf, it worked when we had our gamertag and savefile on a memory unit (512MB). Never froze after we moved our files to a MU. So that might be a solution to others who is annoyed with restarting their console all the time.

SkyJin
10-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Just got the Explorer chievo, no freezes! From 320-ish to 1003 miles without a freeze! I'd say the MU thingie is the solution! :drunk

Casyle
10-17-2010, 01:50 AM
I'm still tentative to say, but so far this does seem to be a fix. Using Capo Capos as an example, by the time I got to the second Capo the game would freeze either just before I got to him, as I got to him, or just after I killed him and was trying to flee. It would freeze every-time in that time frame.

Moved the save file, Jimmy's Vendetta file, and my GamerTag to an unused memory card. I completed Capos Capo, got to Franks to buy more ammo, and drove back to get to the new car dealer mission, all without a freeze.

I'm crossing my fingers that this is working and I'm just not getting abnormally lucky. I've tried so many different things without luck that I'm afraid to relax, 'cause that's usually when it freezes.

jesticulator x
10-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Thank you very much, this seems to be working so far.

syn201
10-25-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm using a usb stick no freezing thus far on my DULL 609 miles all my saves
And profile go on the usb so I don't have to cart a hard drive around
Or my spare memory unit (which gets used to backup my profile ect to pc:)
In case I delete all my saves again like a spaz:p) ..

jesticulator x
10-28-2010, 05:47 PM
This is a great solution to the freezing problems.

Went from 300-1000 miles using this method without a single freeze.

Thanks.

SkyJin
10-29-2010, 12:49 AM
It's nice to see people out there who also made the chievo with "our" little fix. I know I was frustrated when I tried going for the chievo, but could only go 3-4 miles before it froze.

The Bertard
12-14-2010, 08:31 PM
This would make alot of sense. The reason its probably freezing is its trying to access the HD (mine is very full with lots of games and info) and just is too much for it coz the xbox is an awesome machine. So putting what its trying to access on to a tiny device its putting less stress on the console.
But its working for me.

Most annoying freeze was for me when I got to 890 from 32 without a freeze. Thought i should save and 30yards from safe house it froze and i lost an entire day of my life!

SolvingThunder
07-21-2011, 12:56 AM
I never had that problem before. Just play and see what happens...