PDA

View Full Version : Woodwork and in difficulty based or glitchy?

Murphy1978
10-03-2010, 09:23 AM
So when I was playing last night, I was Chelsea trying (and succeeding) to get the ability based achievements, I was on amateur and scored 2 goals in via the post and the achievement didn't go on either.

Is it linked to difficulty or glitchy?

JC
10-03-2010, 09:26 AM
It shouldn't be linked to difficulty or it should say so in the achievement description.

The easiest way to get it is to do a Practice Match (where there is no difficulty setting) and set 11 attackers against a goalkeeper and keep trying to score off the woodwork.

That is how I got it. :)

RMcAvoy
10-03-2010, 09:31 AM
I got this achievement in an online-match with a freekick.

Murphy1978
10-05-2010, 05:10 AM
It shouldn't be linked to difficulty or it should say so in the achievement description.

The easiest way to get it is to do a Practice Match (where there is no difficulty setting) and set 11 attackers against a goalkeeper and keep trying to score off the woodwork.

That's how I got th trait ones, aiming specifically for the post is quite hard..:p

So any idea why it didn't pop then?

Sir Noodlez
10-05-2010, 05:33 AM
Ive had not probably with this achievement. ive seen my friend get it and also i got it.

xbKarl
10-05-2010, 07:30 AM
Best way to do it is to play a 20 minute game on ametur with a 5 star team against a 1/2 star team and make a run for goal out wide with a second man along side and as the keeper comes towards the player with the ball, pass across goal and let the second man run into the inside of the post with the ball so that the ball bounces off the post as you run it in. (Y)

Chimera v2
10-05-2010, 09:51 AM

you defiantly got it that way?
i am currently doing the around the world and home and away achievements and during this i scored off the post and in (obviously) and it never popped!
was so angry cos ill never get it

JC
10-05-2010, 10:11 AM
i am currently doing the around the world and home and away achievements and during this i scored off the post and in (obviously) and it never popped!
Seems to be quite glitchy then if you did not get it in a match...

logie48
10-05-2010, 11:07 AM

Don't worry, your not the only one. I scored in off the post with my VP in career mode and it never popped up. Just need to keep trying.

thepaxman
10-05-2010, 12:13 PM
I got this in the Arena when I took a long shot, it hit the bar, hit the back of the keeper and went in! :D

barbour99
11-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Working on Home and Away and Around The World and can't seem to even have shots hit the post.
Finished about 12 games today, specifically aiming for the post and nothing doing. May have hit it once or twice but all of my goals go way inside the post even when I try and hit it.
I've switched my shooting assists around and that hasn't helped much. Will have a long way to go for 500 games with my pro anyway but would like to pop this one out the way. Any tips?

Oddvr
11-10-2010, 01:14 AM
I got this one from a freekick yesterday, but I had problems getting it on FIFA 10, never registered.

x SNAKE5 x
11-12-2010, 08:33 AM
I haven't really been trying for it, but for the first time last night I had a shot hit the post (very, very clearly hit the post) and go in. No achievement, so it's obviously glitched and I guess may never unlock....fingers crossed it does at some point but it may turn out to be one of those wonderful cheevos that glitch for some and not others for no obvious reason.

pjwilsd
11-15-2010, 06:15 AM
I got this with a 25 yard screamer, unlocked immediately.

BBpT
11-20-2010, 03:05 PM
I was having trouble with this achievement also, the ball would hit the post but it didn't pop the achievement, I think that it was because the ball was hitting the "inside part" of the post and maybe it registered that the ball was already inside the goal when it hit the post. After some games trying it finally popped, so I guess it's a matter of luck.

x SNAKE5 x
11-23-2010, 11:33 AM
I got this the second time I hit the post and in, this time in an online Head to Head match.

I guess the game is just picky on which part of the post you hit...

Kisushima
11-27-2010, 10:04 PM
My only advice is A) Freekick, B) Dribble round a keeper and bounce it off the post or C) Don't concentrate on getting it. From Fifa 10 experience, I found the less I cared about getting it instantly, the quicker I got it from fluid, open play. Mine came with rooney on the outside of the box. Bam, post to post then in. And for some reason it sometimes doesn't register; but don't be disheartened, you can obviously do it as you did. It just didn't register unfortunately. Good luck bro.