PDA

View Full Version : I hate this game

TimidKillah
03-22-2006, 12:02 AM
I'm just voicing myself, BUT, damn, I hate this game. I am soooooooooooo glad that I didn't buy this. I played it because it was on the easy 1000 list - what a chore (for me). Man, I found this game incredibly S-L-O-W. Guess it's my own fault. The last 'boxing' game I played was Punchout.:p I 'played' this on easy and allowing illegal hits and it STILL took me 3 or 4 days. What I found even more stupid was that the final achievement for this game isn't even at the end for becoming champion. Did anyone notice the crowd in the stands? Its like 3 people mirrored over and over again AND they all move the same way. (yuk!) OXM give this a perfect 10?!? Guess they were wowed by the facial expression graphics. Once I got the last achievement, I didn't finish playing this damn game. Got the achievement, quit the game, packed it up to send it back to Gamefly.

SpideR NY
03-22-2006, 04:50 AM
I never noticed the crowd. while I agree that its not a 10, I think its a 9. I loved this game. But I hate a game that tons of people loved, so I respect your view of it.

SilentSpartan
03-22-2006, 05:12 PM
I don't know what your talking about....your purchasing what it adertises....boxing...Just because you couldn't get all 100 points in one day means its bad??? There not meant to be gotten in one day.....and the crowd....If they were to make the crowd look better it would most likely take quality away from the main perpose of the game...like the boxers. And also if they were to make the crowd better you'd be more focused on the crowd then the boxers...

Codeg34
03-22-2006, 07:33 PM
To start off: I'll never be one to knock someone else's opinion on something, ever.

I would just like to point out that the reason the game is 'slow' is because if you've ever watched boxing, or boxed yourself for that matter, the sport isn't all about jaw cracking Tyson style knock-out blows. IMHO I feel that Rnd3 did a super job recreating action that takes place in the squared circle. Comparing it to PunchOut! is kind of unfair man, lol.

But, like I said.. It's cool. You don't like it, I do. In fact, I prolly like it enough for the both of us. :D

TimidKillah
03-23-2006, 12:06 AM
Yeah, that's why I said it was probably my own fault cause the last 'boxing' game I ever played was punchout. Punchout is very arcadey compared this. My first love is racing games so to go from that to FN3 is a major step backwards in speed - hence my perception of it being S-L-O-W. As for the crowds- come on, this is supposed to be next gen not the recycled generic. Definitely not a 10

KilluhKam
03-23-2006, 06:32 PM
this game kicks ass

Gprime
03-24-2006, 05:44 AM
Yea its pretty boring after awhile, but set the difficulty to easy and turn illegal blows off and volla easy 1000 Gamer Score points.

snafegeeza
03-28-2006, 06:48 PM
In my opinion this game is typical of EA. Its lazy. The crowd is poor and this shouldnt be the case for next gen gaming. The graphics and the slow-mo knockouts are ace but they have obviously have put so much effort into those things they have left out other important stuff. The achievements for this game are a lazy after thought and the live aint great.

:Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce:

Tron
03-29-2006, 01:29 PM
its a great game to play with your buddies and some beers...thats about it.

YUGANSKNEFTEGAZ
03-30-2006, 10:01 PM
its a great game to play with your buddies and some beers...thats about it.

Yeah good call Erton, i've found career mode to be quite dull, but there's nothing like getting a few friends round, getting blitzed, and tearing people's heads off :D

porker con
04-01-2006, 08:12 PM
OXM gave it a 10 out of 10

scoobydiesel
04-03-2006, 10:23 AM
i cant hear you....haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stankit
04-04-2006, 03:49 PM
i didnt really like the game either, i bought it on day one and was pretty disappointed, but a few weeks ago, i popped it in and started playing through the career fast to get the achievements and the game started to grow on me

the thing that pisses me off about it is, the whole thing with the trainers adn training

Spitfirex007
04-05-2006, 09:58 AM
This game was grade A trash. The guy calling the fight is a joke. It sounds so fake. The crowd doesn't bother me, they are not my main focus. The boxers are,and they were very good looking IMO. However graphics are only a small part of a game. Career mode is the worst thing I ever seen! You "signed a contract", training in one of the 3 lame mini games, then fought. No created intro, Not many options to choose from when it came to what you wear/look like. EA said you could build rivals and they would taunt you during your career..What a joke that was! It would say rival above their name when you signed a contract. The dude would throw a few lines in during the fight and thats it. They said you could taunt and attack your opp. during weight in..Only thing I seen there was about a 10 sec clip of you fightin the other dude.

This game was truly a joke, Seems to me EA said you could all these cool things just for the sells. Then they half assed something to get from getting sued. I know this game pretty much did it for me. I will buy "The Godfather" and both football games (have no other choose) other then those..Ea can kiss my ass.

DELTA FOX
05-07-2006, 12:05 AM
I agree, 10/10 for this game is insane. It isnt the worst game ever made but its the worst 360 game iv played so far.

Roadwarriordan
05-07-2006, 07:32 PM
see i have to dissagree this game is the best boxing game i've ever played

Led
05-07-2006, 08:09 PM
see i have to dissagree this game is the best boxing game i've ever played

I still don't like it better than punchout. Other than punchout it's the best I've played too. :)

KePP
06-01-2006, 12:22 AM
FN round 2 was way better. This feels slow and clunky. The crowd bothers me, too. In fact, I was disappointed LAST GEN when clumps of spectators all did the same thing. When the Xbox came out those types of prev. gen things were supposed to phase out. Now 5 years later and still the same thing. They can have high-def graphics of every dimple on a face but they can't program 10-20 different movements to randomly allocate to the spectators. As the graphics look better and better, these types of things (mirrored spectators) look hokier and hokier.

HellzManik
07-03-2006, 01:38 AM
I personally LOVED this game..
I got all the achievements then I played 1/2 of a Second Season/ career (whatever you want to call it).
Then I HAD to sell the game so I could get something new...

However,
I'm seriously tempted to purchase this game back. (Since I have the money right now)

Plus, I just got a HDTV so I would LOVE to play it HD...LoL

PeAcE

Helacool360
07-03-2006, 04:27 AM
Yea I wasn't impressed on my standard TV but when I played the demo in the store on a flat panel it looked awesome.

Fonkey Monkey
07-03-2006, 06:00 AM
I'm just voicing myself, BUT, damn, I hate this game. I am soooooooooooo glad that I didn't buy this. I played it because it was on the easy 1000 list - what a chore (for me). Man, I found this game incredibly S-L-O-W. Guess it's my own fault. The last 'boxing' game I played was Punchout.:p I 'played' this on easy and allowing illegal hits and it STILL took me 3 or 4 days. What I found even more stupid was that the final achievement for this game isn't even at the end for becoming champion. Did anyone notice the crowd in the stands? Its like 3 people mirrored over and over again AND they all move the same way. (yuk!) OXM give this a perfect 10?!? Guess they were wowed by the facial expression graphics. Once I got the last achievement, I didn't finish playing this damn game. Got the achievement, quit the game, packed it up to send it back to Gamefly.

then you must not have a soul, lol jk.but you should play this on HD. cuz i played it on my 27" SD tv and it was pretty cool. then i went over to my rich ass friends house and played on his 60" samsung. and i was like daaaaaamn

HellzManik
07-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Well,

I went to hastings today and i found this game USED for $52.99 (which isnt that much cheaper than NEW) But I just said SCREW it and Bought it ayways. Chances are it was the copy I sold to them a few months ago anyways...LoL

I have to say I STILL love Fight Night. But now it looks 10 times Better in HD.. Damn this game kicks ass..

I also bought Battlefield for $34.99 (now thats a DEAL) It was CHEAP because it had NO instruction manuel. But what the hell, I never look at those things anyway...LoL

PeAcE

chaos bz
07-04-2006, 12:37 AM
the game is SssSSsssLLLllLLLLLLLlooooOOooOOOooowwwwwwwwwww but its still a decent boxing game

HellzManik
07-04-2006, 02:26 AM
Its not really that slow...
Its just more REALISTIC (as far as Real-Time comparison goes).

I dont think its meant to be a "RUN AND GUN" "Fast Passed" type of game.

Ps~ If you want it to be faster throw nothing but JABS to the body and Face. Do a bunch of Jab combos and if makes the game feel a little FASTER...:D

PeAcE

Ps~ just for the record. The last "boxing" game I played before this one was Punch out too... I enjoy this much better though...}{a}{a

chaos bz
07-04-2006, 03:18 AM
I mean like over all it take a couple of rounds to take someone out good and the rounds can feel like ages, Imean dont get me wrong im all for realism is just the round2 was more my style, i guess more arcade

inferno454
12-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Game is pretty good, but not of 10/10 quality. I rented it for achievement points.:woop:

fire1811
12-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Rented it and beat it that night. Easy 1000

fire1811
02-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Yes its easy if you do the block/power punch trick

Minty
02-12-2007, 06:11 PM
So you just dragged up an old thread- that you were the last person to post in anyway??

Thats poor spamming.
Warning.

fire1811
02-12-2007, 06:15 PM
So you just dragged up an old thread- that you were the last person to post in anyway??

Thats poor spamming.
Warning.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense doesnt it. :rolleyes:

He just deleted his post

hammers48 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - I hate this game - in the Fight Night: Round 3 forum of Xbox360Achievements.org.

This thread is located at:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2636&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Plan on getting game soon, It must be easy everyone says it is

Opiusic
03-05-2007, 11:09 PM
I think this game is such a piece of shit because of the fact that if u lose a achievement fight ur done and need to start over. I got all the way to the end and my little brother/stepmom distracted me, and because they have autosave enabled by default i have to fucking start over. EA can go fuck themselves.

Caboose13311
03-14-2007, 09:10 PM
this game was awesome screw yuo guys... i used to box in my earlier years.. and it is such a realistic game

UNDERWALLY
07-01-2007, 11:27 PM
A great game, just because you are bad at boxing games, and u cant get all the achievement in 1 day, doesnt mean that its a bad game, i give the game a 9 its awesome

eXiled Killah
07-01-2007, 11:37 PM
A great game, just because you are bad at boxing games, and u cant get all the achievement in 1 day, doesnt mean that its a bad game, i give the game a 9 its awesome

Wow man. you dragged up an old thread that just needs to die and didn't add anything to it......Check the dates of the things that you are responding to and make sure its an active thread. Unless you have anything new and constuctive to add, just let it die;)

The-Bulldozer
07-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Man that game is gettin' hard and hard haha.

CoolioDude
07-07-2007, 02:29 AM
This game did suck for me at first. It made me scream! I rented this, and soon I really felt like returning these within the 1st day of my 5 day rental. But, I learned how to knee people in the balls and I could elbow people, and I turned the HUD on, and it helped alot. I got all the achievements, so in the end, it was worth it.

I would rate it an 8.

antnie
01-21-2008, 01:34 AM
This game did not deserve a 10 i admit, more like a 7.5, the game was not that good and alost i am glad that i did not buy it.

Minty
01-21-2008, 01:35 AM
Thread was 6 months old- no need to drag it up with some crappy comment