PDA

View Full Version : Whats this?

master_shake_350
10-03-2010, 04:51 PM
This sounds pretty cool, but I couldn't find much about it on xbox live marketplace.

Anyone know:

Release date or what it is about?

dirge
10-10-2010, 01:15 AM
All I know is it uses the Source engine, which I think is a good start!

The EliteStick
10-10-2010, 10:47 AM
It is out on the 27th Oct (ready for Halloween). Bloody Good Time is a first peron shooter over 3 (blah) maps. It's a kind of cooky affair with bizarre characters and has some obsure weapons (like a remote control rat).

Should be fun.

YouTube - Bloody Good Time - PAX 2010: Announcement Trailer | HD

SecondNature08
10-10-2010, 09:09 PM
There's another trailer on the marketplace at the mo besides that one^ which is almost the same but instead of the guy getting crushed it shows you some actual gameplay :) looks really good and reminds me of Team Fortress which can't be a bad thing!

master_shake_350
10-11-2010, 07:07 PM
It does look pretty good, I wonder how much it would be priced at?

Annalie
10-11-2010, 11:04 PM
It does look pretty good, I wonder how much it would be priced at?

Most likely 1200 since its the new pricing these days.

oOReFuGee91Oo
10-20-2010, 10:42 PM
It sucks... Microsoft has always been pretty greedy. But this year has really shown their true colors =[ First, a $10.00 raise on live gold memberships cause they have "added more features" and now this... I'm kinda pissed, but I'll stick around haha

Epilogue of Euphoria
10-26-2010, 12:00 AM
It sucks... Microsoft has always been pretty greedy. But this year has really shown their true colors =[ First, a $10.00 raise on live gold memberships cause they have "added more features" and now this... I'm kinda pissed, but I'll stick around haha

I hear ya but the prices on everything seems to going through the roof now-a-days, so its not all that surprising. I curious to know what this game is actually about myself, the trailers aren't very clear.

TheBarry
10-26-2010, 02:22 AM
this game looks alright, ill try the trial b4 purchasing

BenQ pl
10-27-2010, 01:12 PM
2 pm in uk and still not here wtf?

master_shake_350
10-27-2010, 04:22 PM
2 pm in uk and still not here wtf?

The official website has it pinned down for the 29th?

http://www.ubi.com/UK/Games/Info.aspx?pId=9098

WTF thats Friday??

Teniente Ripley
10-28-2010, 01:07 AM
Dead rising 2 was released on a Tuesday so this can go on a Friday.

Anyone knows more of the game?

janhans888
10-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Dont buy it !!!!

Worst arcade game EVER, stupid weapons, horrible controls and only 3 very tiny maps !!!!

ITS TOTALLY CRAP

mini0mk
10-28-2010, 12:14 PM

It's only 400points

UCB Disco
10-28-2010, 06:07 PM
So... what exactly is this?

DubNut86
10-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Just downloaded this for 400MSP.

Download here (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Bloody-Good-Time/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584109b3)

Magicman10893
11-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Dont buy it !!!!

Worst arcade game EVER, stupid weapons, horrible controls and only 3 very tiny maps !!!!

ITS TOTALLY CRAP

I just played the demo. It is retarded. I am really glad I downloaded the demo instead of buying this! No wonder it is only 400msp! No one in their right mind would pay even 800msp for this!

-If you don't take time to eat, sleep and go to the bathroom you move slower than a constipated 80 year old woman with a broken leg
-There are guards walking around that take your weapon away if you have it out,
-You have no idea where other players are on the map unless they are your target and even then you have to be on the same exact level as them
-You have other players that can kill you and your target but you can't kill them because they are considered "innocent"
-When you get hit with a melee weapon you get frozen in place and can't fight back at all!
-Between objective information, tutorial messages popping up, your oversized weapons and the indicator in the exact middle of you screen over your crosshair, you can't see anything going on. I was chasing a player to kill in the free for all scene and I had no idea where she went because the screen was far too cluttered to see which direction she went in, then the guard came by, tasered me and took my only weapon and then my Hunter appeared behind me and hit me with a baseball bat which paralyzed me for 5 seconds before she hit me with the finishing blow.

This game is garbage. I really have no idea how it even got released.

CANNONFODDER52
11-07-2010, 03:55 PM
I just played the demo. It is retarded. I am really glad I downloaded the demo instead of buying this! No wonder it is only 400msp! No one in their right mind would pay even 800msp for this!

-If you don't take time to eat, sleep and go to the bathroom you move slower than a constipated 80 year old woman with a broken leg
-There are guards walking around that take your weapon away if you have it out,
-You have no idea where other players are on the map unless they are your target and even then you have to be on the same exact level as them
-You have other players that can kill you and your target but you can't kill them because they are considered "innocent"
-When you get hit with a melee weapon you get frozen in place and can't fight back at all!
-Between objective information, tutorial messages popping up, your oversized weapons and the indicator in the exact middle of you screen over your crosshair, you can't see anything going on. I was chasing a player to kill in the free for all scene and I had no idea where she went because the screen was far too cluttered to see which direction she went in, then the guard came by, tasered me and took my only weapon and then my Hunter appeared behind me and hit me with a baseball bat which paralyzed me for 5 seconds before she hit me with the finishing blow.

This game is garbage. I really have no idea how it even got released.
I disagree with allot of your arguments against the game, so I thought I would try to defend the it.

- First of guards are there for a purpose, you're not supposed to be running around with your weapons out all the time. Hating on them is like hating on GTA because the police get mad when you start killing people.

-You only need to eat and sleep every 5 minutes or so. I don't think it takes away from the game in fact I think it adds to the game, for example instances when you find your victim sleeping or using the washroom.

-"You have other players that can kill you and your target but you can't kill them because they are considered "innocent"" When the other players kill you they get the same message that you were innocent. Here the game is not to blame it's the Xbox community for being utterly stupid when it comes to games that are a bit more complex.

-Why are you playing free for all? its isn't very fun. The game was meant for the hunt game type, where you have the name and location of your target and someone else has you as their target but you don't know who that is, it could be any of the other people in the game. That is the game-type the game was designed for. Also there isn't a hunter in free for all.

-While I am very happy that its only 400 MS points, 800 wouldn't be that steep. Most map packs with three maps are priced at 800 and they don't come with the game itself.

-I do agree with you that the screen gets really cluttered sometimes, and I know that the servers will be empty in a couple months.

To conclude, I don't think this is a really great game but I don't get the absolute hatred a lot of people have for it. I think the concept was really good, but could have been executed a bit better.

Magicman10893
11-07-2010, 05:46 PM
- First of guards are there for a purpose, you're not supposed to be running around with your weapons out all the time. Hating on them is like hating on GTA because the police get mad when you start killing people.

Yeah, but the cops in GTA4 I could defend myself against or escape from and they never took my weapons away while I was in the middle of a mission. And yes, I am aware that you can escape from them, I did it once or twice, but it is pretty difficult to unless you are far away to begin with or you have those pills that make you run really fast.

-Why are you playing free for all? its isn't very fun. The game was meant for the hunt game type, where you have the name and location of your target and someone else has you as their target but you don't know who that is, it could be any of the other people in the game. That is the game-type the game was designed for. Also there isn't a hunter in free for all.

I was playing a mash up of all the game types. It would go a couple scenes of hunt, then infection, some more hunt, free for all deathmatch, hunt, etc. It took so long to find the other players I got those survival bonuses because I literally couldn't find anyone else.

I mean, I'm not unreasonable, maybe the sleeping and stuff adds something to the game, but it's not something that I would mention if I was trying to recommend this to someone. The Security Guards add a little to the game, but they are more annoying than anything else. I think the idea of the hunt gametype was cool, but I'd rather wait for Assassins Creed: Brotherhood.

JohnnyInterfunk
11-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Yeah, but the cops in GTA4 I could defend myself against or escape from and they never took my weapons away while I was in the middle of a mission. And yes, I am aware that you can escape from them, I did it once or twice, but it is pretty difficult to unless you are far away to begin with or you have those pills that make you run really fast.

I was playing a mash up of all the game types. It would go a couple scenes of hunt, then infection, some more hunt, free for all deathmatch, hunt, etc. It took so long to find the other players I got those survival bonuses because I literally couldn't find anyone else.

I mean, I'm not unreasonable, maybe the sleeping and stuff adds something to the game, but it's not something that I would mention if I was trying to recommend this to someone. The Security Guards add a little to the game, but they are more annoying than anything else. I think the idea of the hunt gametype was cool, but I'd rather wait for Assassins Creed: Brotherhood.

FYI you can also use room traps to kill the guards. Always fun.

Anyway, my 2c defense of the game: I like the fact that its not a mindless slaughterfest. There's already 1000000 of those -- this one has at least some strategy and foresight to it. It is a little more manic than the publishers previous outing (the underrated "The Ship" for PC -- which had not three but six meters you had to watch, the others including reading, talking to fellow passangers, and eating and drinking seperate), which is good for parties, though worse in pickup games.

The game strikes the right balance between dickery and strategy -- you can use defensive weapons against anyone aka to slow them down for their hunter to get them, but killing someone repeatedly for no reason will get you punished. This makes it so that players are actually interested in following the game design, while driving away the more mindless players. This is a definate plus for me. As well, the hunt matches have enough variety in the twelve rounds that the game doesn't get boring too quickly (especially when playing with friends).

As for the "small" maps, if they got any bigger, people would complain that they could never find their targets! As for the iffy radar, any better and people would complain they couldn't hide, any worse and people would complain about never finding anyone! I think they did a good balancing job with this.

Best of all, only 400 points. Can't go wrong with that...

tunaleg
11-10-2010, 07:23 PM
I personally think this game is great and the fact that it's only 400 msp is icing on the cake. Of course not everyone will appreciate this, that's why there is Call of Duty and Halo..

kyboy
11-25-2010, 07:07 AM
i think its pretty fun, but i havent played online yet cuz i cant find any matches.. are people really not playin this game any more? it hasnt been out that long.. an i need the online achievements..