PDA

View Full Version : This game is going to SUCK!

NaK Quinn
10-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Two words.....Obsidian Entertainment. Two more words......Alpha Protocol.

Faeline
10-03-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm going disagree with you, this game is going to be better than your mother!

institutions
10-03-2010, 07:15 PM
I'm going disagree with you, this game is going to be better than your mother!

That's not saying much. Their mother is terrible.

Although I agree, it will be a good game.

MasterKingz
10-03-2010, 07:56 PM
That's not saying much. Their mother is terrible.

Although I agree, it will be a good game.

I was gunna say that! >: )

H3ADSHOTxNINJAx
10-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Alpha Protocol was beast and fallout is one of the greatest RPG' s ever so STFU!!!!!!!!

Kaner99999
10-03-2010, 09:08 PM
They also made Knights of the Old Republic II

True I Skill
10-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Is that it?
you base how good one game will be off your opinion on another game that is completely diffrent to it?

Im guessing you've not played Fallout3. So please gtfo.

Magnotron
10-03-2010, 09:43 PM
TC could have worded that a lot better, but I agree to an extent. I too don't see why I should buy this game. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a pretty big fan of this series, I played F1, F2, Tactics and F3 and I must say I enjoyed those games and respect the series as a whole. However this game makes me scratch my head. Because:

1. It looks so much like Fallout 3, the graphics and gameplay look nearly identical. Now I know this is more of a direct sequel to Fallout 3 but I'm pretty sure sequels are supposed to improve those aspects, not keep them virtually the same.

2. It is made by Obsidian. Yes I went that way. I have nothing against Obsidian in particular, I feel that they have the right intentions, KOTOR 2 was fun (inferior to the first game though) and Alpha Protocol had a nice concept. But dear god, it baffles me how unpolished and unbalanced their games are. The amount of glitches and performance issues they have is stunning. It almost makes me never want to buy a product from Obsidian again.

I'm probably getting this game, just not on day 1. I wanna see what people think of this game first. However, I can't say I'm excited and have good hopes for this game.

Demendred
10-03-2010, 11:16 PM
TC could have worded that a lot better, but I agree to an extent. I too don't see why I should buy this game. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a pretty big fan of this series, I played F1, F2, Tactics and F3 and I must say I enjoyed those games and respect the series as a whole. However this game makes me scratch my head. Because:

Well, from what I read from The Vault, there are suppose to be stuff from Fallout 2 that will be in New Vegas. Night Stalkers, factions, and some references and such.

Gage3Wade
10-04-2010, 12:52 AM
One word why this game will be good...

Fallout

Dz06lt
10-04-2010, 01:02 AM
They are ususing so many assets from FO3 that there is almost no way it could possibly suck. Also Bethesda is still publishing so they wont let it suck

Ethereal235
10-04-2010, 12:53 PM

Many people that actually PLAYED Alpha Protocol thought it was good, myself included. I don't know much else about Obsidian; never played KOTOR2 or anything, but even if it's just a Fallout 3 clone with a new storyline I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it.

It looks so much like Fallout 3, the graphics and gameplay look nearly identical. Now I know this is more of a direct sequel to Fallout 3 but I'm pretty sure sequels are supposed to improve those aspects, not keep them virtually the same.

I think it's less of a sequel than you're imagining. Think about Vice City and San Adreas, how they were still pretty similar to GTA3, and it wasn't until GTA4 that gameplay elements really changed much. It seems more like a parallel game, since the plot of New Vegas and Fallout 3 really don't have any relationship.

KNIGHTOFSERA
10-04-2010, 12:57 PM
considering how its just a FO3 clone with some tweaks (seemingly good ones), I doubt they could F it up....since im sure Bethesda is watching them like hawks most likely

Elit3Ski11s
10-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Using the words "fallout" and "suck" in the same sentence should get you banned; I mean let’s get real here. Fallout 3 was one of the best games ever; I bet this one will be as good or better. It’s a day one buy and day one buy for dlc, period...

Magnotron
10-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Well, from what I read from The Vault, there are suppose to be stuff from Fallout 2 that will be in New Vegas. Night Stalkers, factions, and some references and such.

Yes, I know that there will be some references to the earlier Fallout games and that some people from those games work on this one.

However, as much as I respect those developers (from F1 and F2), I don't believe that guarantees this will be a good game.

I think it's less of a sequel than you're imagining. Think about Vice City and San Adreas, how they were still pretty similar to GTA3, and it wasn't until GTA4 that gameplay elements really changed much. It seems more like a parallel game, since the plot of New Vegas and Fallout 3 really don't have any relationship.

Perhaps, but I feel that the graphics in San Andreas have improved and the gameplay of San Andreas went the "bigger and better" route. However, I feel like the developers don't even try to improve the graphics and gameplay. I think that is the least they could have done.

darsfog
10-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Think of it this way.

Fallout New Vegas is like CoD: WaW...

Same engine, same everything as CoD: MW yet it was just had a different skin, and it was still a very good game. I see Fallout: NV the same way.

Also I believe it to be more of a squeal to Fallout2 then 3. There may be references to events of capital wasteland, common they are in the process of rebuilding the whole area and cleaning the water. First step into rebuilding the world. (also wouldn't mind a DLC where we re-visit capital wasteland to see the changes of the past three years). But most of what I have read seems to be linked to events from Fallout2

WVUMountiManiac
10-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Some will like it some will not.

I have already pre-ordered it.

If think it is going to suck the do not buy it.

Deathr0t
10-04-2010, 05:49 PM

Fallout 3? Oblivion? You must be on crack to compare it with the Syphon Filter Mass Effect wannabe, however I still think this should just be a 2 part large expansion......and they should have made it co-op....

TriRock
10-04-2010, 06:14 PM
I actually enjoyed Alpha Protocol. Enough that I played it 4 times in one week through to get 1k. And considering there are people on this project who were involved in creating Fallout 1&2, I have high hopes for this one.

Magnotron
10-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Think of it this way.

Fallout New Vegas is like CoD: WaW...

Same engine, same everything as CoD: MW yet it was just had a different skin, and it was still a very good game. I see Fallout: NV the same way.

Also I believe it to be more of a squeal to Fallout2 then 3. There may be references to events of capital wasteland, common they are in the process of rebuilding the whole area and cleaning the water. First step into rebuilding the world. (also wouldn't mind a DLC where we re-visit capital wasteland to see the changes of the past three years). But most of what I have read seems to be linked to events from Fallout2

I can see where you are coming from, but was WaW not criticized for being too similar to CoD4? From what I've heard, Treyarch pretty much copied CoD4's multiplayer and gave it their own twist. Obsidian is probably going to do the same but doing the same thing with a Sandbox RPG like Fallout 3 will probably prove to be more difficult.

And these games don't remind me of Fallout 1 and 2 at all. To me, F3 and F1/F2/FT are like apples and oranges. The only thing they have in common is the setting and universe but the rest feels completely different.

GrumpierGrunt
10-05-2010, 03:09 AM
obsidian sucks for putting out all those pre order incentives for nv

KNIGHTOFSERA
10-05-2010, 03:15 AM
obsidian sucks for putting out all those pre order incentives for nv

they dont really matter, im sure theyll be useless past a certain (low) level

preorder incentives usually always are

A Satyr
10-05-2010, 03:44 AM
Two words... Fuck you

Yunder
10-05-2010, 03:51 AM
I love how the OP has yet to post back in here to further explain why he thinks Fallout: New Vegas will suck. One word: Troll. I suggest we stop feeding him and let this thread die gracefully....

JohnnyR74
10-05-2010, 03:56 AM
Obvious troll is obvious OP, but people still fell for it so 3/10. Congrats.

bbrandy
10-05-2010, 05:19 AM
Yeah um.. this games def guna be awesome. Its FALLOUT... Really... who DOESN'T like fallout lmao

Tyger7
10-05-2010, 05:40 AM
Since the game isn't out yet, this is more of an assumption than an opinion. Wait until the game comes out before you make a thread like this.