View Full Version : FAQs

Shaaady Souljah
05-11-2007, 07:55 PM
This is a new feature on the forums. The staff are going around tidying the clutter and making sure x360a is the one stop shop for all your 360 needs.

The FAQ threads are where we need your help! What do you think are the most commonly asked questions about this game? Which threads keep popping up? What things do you wish you had been told when you first got this game?

Post in this thread and I'll edit the top post

Thanks for your help...

Q: How do I swing?
Swinging in the game is defaulted to the back-and-then-forward motion of the Right Stick. You can also go into options and switch it to "classic", which only requires you to push the 'A' button (much easier for achievement hounds ;) )

Wes Ide
08-30-2007, 04:24 PM
How do I bat? I only rented this, and don't have a manual. I made a post asking for help, because nothing is happening when I try to bat, and it got closed with a rude directive to read the manual (which I don't have) and search the forums (which I did - if theres a post about how to bat, I sure didnt see it, so a link would have been helpful).

Shaaady Souljah
08-30-2007, 04:28 PM
you can access the controls from in your game (like virtually every single video game ever created.) you can also search (which you must not have done very well, because it took me all of 10 seconds to find this thread) and you will find threads such as this:

but i will help you anyway...

there are two options for swinging: the one it is set on, requires using the RightStick. you pull it back to step and push it forward/release it to swing. this is all about timing.

the other option you can change it to, which was discussed in the thread you are talking about. only requires you to push the 'A' button to swing.

*Sorry if I come across as rude, but that is only because you seem to prefer people spoon feeding you information, rather than you putting in just a little, little bit of effort and finding things out for yourself. This game has been out for over a year, so there is pretty much anything and everything you need to know already covered and discussed.*

01-17-2008, 03:56 AM
There are PLENTY of things I wish I had known prior to playing this game.

I didn't realize just how easy this game TRULY is until I monkey around with it for long enough, just some things could've been mentioned here already in the FAQs or within the achievement guide:

Q: When do my achievements Unlock?
A: They unlock during the game, not after. So if you haven't yet received the achievement, keep at it.

Q: The super bunting cheat is taking forever, why can't I ever hit the ball in the right spot and get a HR?
A: Watch the strike zone. Don't try to hold the bunt, bunt whenever you can see where the ball is headed. If you don't see where the ball is going within the strike zone, don't attempt it. Times will slip by and he will still get strikes, but more times than not you'll be hitting the ball out of the park. Also, don't worry about the height of the pitch, when you bunt it he'll automatically align up properly.

Q: When is the best opportunity to steal a base?
A: Steal a base when you have a man on 1st or 2nd and no one on the base ahead of them, highlight the person with the B button, and await for the CPU pitcher to start the pitching animation, once in there quickly press RT and keep your fingers crossed!

Hope this at least kinda helps... If you need anymore help feel free to PM me. :) happy achievements!

02-25-2008, 02:43 AM
i need help i have tried what the ach guide says repetedly and no ach any help would be apreciated

ACHV Whore !
04-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Cant Get THe Three Home Runs !

I Tried Super Bunt But Nothing, And Maxing Out Stats But Still Nothing !

Mr HePimp17
08-04-2008, 09:57 AM
I just bought this game and adjusted all the sliders to my benifit, did not change any difficulty, and played a "play now" game. I got owned but at least struck out 19 batters. And of course it didn't unlock my 15 strickout achievement! What? Help please.

R4n0m Box
10-28-2010, 04:38 AM
As for pitching some advice i got helped alot was as follows

"Click and hold the button to start the accuracy "halo" moving out from the starting point. The longer you hold the button, the more zip on the pitch (i.e.- faster fastball, more movement on curveball, etc.) Now the halo will begin moving back in towards the origin point. Push the same pitch button when the halo is back to the starting point to get a perfect pitch. If you don't push the button again, you'll see that the halo gets really big and it's easy to get wild pitches when this happens.

As a pitcher gets more fatigued, the rate at which the accuracy halo expands and contracts increases making it more difficult to get an accurate pitch."

Hope it helps you as much as it helped me.

03-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Can achievements still be unlocked with 2 controllers? I'm trying but nothing pops!