PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Fable 3 comes first...

Aqua18
10-04-2010, 12:12 AM
Change the release date seriously fable 3, sims 3, family game night 3 theres over 10 games on october 26th... I will NOT even touch this game until I play Fable 3 for a looooooooong time. I seriously lost all respect for Lucasarts when they decided to give PS3 trophies and not us achievements for hoth and giving the dumbest number in the world 1345.....

Strongbow
10-04-2010, 11:51 AM
I am getting this over Fable 3. I am getting Fallout NV, Black Ops, Assassins Creed and Medal of Honor and I'm not even going to think twice about Fable III. I enjoyed Fable 2 but it was over in like 6 hours, kind of a let down imo. So the Release date is fine!

I know this is an Achievement website to which I have have been a member for a long time, but seriously the game comes first then achievements, what is wrong with gamers these days? Losing respect for Lucasarts becuase of an achievement number is stupid.

Lord Montymort
10-04-2010, 12:53 PM
I am getting both because, these and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, are the only games out this year that I want.

I do agree that it was kinda stupid not to give achievements for the Hoth DLC mission, but I don't see it as a reason to not play this one.

Daluca 47
10-06-2010, 03:43 AM
agreed, its abit supid to not want the game cause of the achievements on the previous one. but yea i think ill get this eventually and fable 3 eventually aswel, all i know is that im getting rock band 3 on the 26th haha.

JCreazy
10-06-2010, 06:36 PM
I will never touch another Fable game after playing that garbage known as fable 2. Star Wars comes first

mikachu93
10-07-2010, 01:13 AM
Change the release date seriously fable 3, sims 3, family game night 3 theres eight games on october 26th... I will NOT even touch this game until I play Fable 3 for a looooooooong time. I seriously lost all respect for Sony when Sony decided to give PS3 trophies and not us achievements for hoth.....
Fixed the important stuff. Simply didn't have the time to clean up the atrocious grammar and punctuation. Kudos for using periods, though; that's more than I can say for most trolls.

nemesis3
10-08-2010, 11:42 PM
nice one lol this game looks awesome i enjoyed maxing out the first one and cant wait for the second,has anyone heard about what these challenges are yet ?

ArcticNinja0418
10-09-2010, 05:10 PM
wow, i'm getting MOH, FO NV, SW FU2, Black-Ops, Assassins Creed brotherhood and Fable 3

frim3468
10-11-2010, 04:31 PM
IM not a fanatic of fable 3 or sims... this year i'll only get AC:brotherhood and tfc2 (maybe cod: black ops) but im not sure

gamoamo
10-12-2010, 05:54 PM
I'm planning on getting New Vegas, SWFU2, Fable 3, and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. I'll probably play Fable 3 last.

HarperBird
10-12-2010, 07:02 PM
It's gunna be a tough call between buying SWFU2 and Fable 3 on release day but i could get both and literally have no money left but saying that these games are beening released on my pay day :)

LickableLemons7
10-12-2010, 08:38 PM
I thought Fable 2 was all right, but having just played TFU2 demo, I'll probably wait for Fable 3. I'll be getting The Force Unleashed 2, AC: Brotherhood, and Black Ops for Christmas.
I never got into Fallout 3too much, but I'd still like to get New Vegas too.

davie mac
10-13-2010, 07:06 PM
I know this is an Achievement website to which I have have been a member for a long time, but seriously the game comes first then achievements, what is wrong with gamers these days? Losing respect for Lucasarts becuase of an achievement number is stupid.

I usually would tend to agree with you there Strongbow but in recent years its the achievements which dictate the sales of games...well unless the game kicks ass in the trailers.

I'm an old school gamer who enjoys the games for the pleasure of playing but achievements do play a part in how you play a game. If I know I have missed out most items and wont get a collector achievement I would finish a game then play it again. However if I had only a few to go and I knew there was an achievement for it I would aim to get it.

Gamers nowadays just need an incentive.

Strongbow
10-13-2010, 07:48 PM
I usually would tend to agree with you there Strongbow but in recent years its the achievements which dictate the sales of games...well unless the game kicks ass in the trailers.

I'm an old school gamer who enjoys the games for the pleasure of playing but achievements do play a part in how you play a game. If I know I have missed out most items and wont get a collector achievement I would finish a game then play it again. However if I had only a few to go and I knew there was an achievement for it I would aim to get it.

Gamers nowadays just need an incentive.

Thats not what I am saying, if you would have read what I typed properly you would have known that I am talking about people who don't buy a game they would normally like becuase of an Achievement number from a previous game or becuase the Achievements are too hard.

The incentive that I and most gamers need is to be able to have a great game and be able to complete it becuase they want to know the story and enjoy the gameplay and in most cases take it online to play for hours on end.

I go for Achievements just like you and everyone else here but having those Achievements factor into whether or not I buy a game is pretty stupid in my opinion, but going for Achievements with games that you buy/rent is absulutley fine, its fun and adds more to the longevity of the game but this isn't what I was talking about in my first post.

davie mac
10-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Thats not what I am saying, if you would have read what I typed properly you would have known that I am talking about people who don't buy a game they would normally like becuase of an Achievement number from a previous game or becuase the Achievements are too hard.

The incentive that I and most gamers need is to be able to have a great game and be able to complete it becuase they want to know the story and enjoy the gameplay and in most cases take it online to play for hours on end.

I go for Achievements just like you and everyone else here but having those Achievements factor into whether or not I buy a game is pretty stupid in my opinion, but going for Achievements with games that you buy/rent is absulutley fine, its fun and adds more to the longevity of the game but this isn't what I was talking about in my first post.

I did understand your point from the first post however although you believe that people not buying a game because of "hard achievements" is stupid, a point I agree with you on, it's still a prominent issue. Achievements do dictate sales.

This generation of gamers are casual gamers so anything that might be considered time consuming is a no go area and it pains me to say that's were the big money is. Hardcore gamers are a minority, guys we are a dying breed.

Companies aren't interested in pleasing hardcore gamers like us they want to attract the casual player audience. You may argue this point but its unfortunately the truth.

Look at the advertising campaign for WoW, it wasn't to entice hardcore gamers to play it but to get the casual gamer to play it.

Gaming is now a billion dollar industry but the majority of that is made up by casual gamers and children. Gaming is no longer a geek sitting in his room with his eyes glued on his monitor, it's an entire family sitting in the living room playing the Wii or such. Even the Xbox is gearing towards this slowly but surely. Kinect is essentially Microsoft trying to entice causal gamers to play their console.

Strongbow
10-13-2010, 08:17 PM
I did understand your point from the first post however although you believe that people not buying a game because of "hard achievements" is stupid, a point I agree with you on, it's still a prominent issue. Achievements do dictate sales.

This generation of gamers are casual gamers so anything that might be considered time consuming is a no go area and it pains me to say that's were the big money is. Hardcore gamers are a minority, guys we are a dying breed.

Companies aren't interested in pleasing hardcore gamers like us they want to attract the casual player audience. You may argue this point but its unfortunately the truth.

Look at the advertising campaign for WoW, it wasn't to entice hardcore gamers to play it but to get the casual gamer to play it.

Gaming is now a billion dollar industry but the majority of that is made up by casual gamers and children. Gaming is no longer a geek sitting in his room with his eyes glued on his monitor, it's an entire family sitting in the living room playing the Wii or such. Even the Xbox is gearing towards this slowly but surely. Kinect is essentially Microsoft trying to entice causal gamers to play their console.

I agree with everything you just said but it's blowing it all out of proportion, all I am saying is what I said in my first post lol, "Losing respect for Lucasarts becuase of an achievement number is stupid", an achievement number as in not rounding it off to 1500 by not adding Achievements for one piece of DLC (Hoth). :)

davie mac
10-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Yeah I know but not had a good rant about gaming in ages :D

Strongbow
10-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Lol yeah :)

bblcreator8790
10-14-2010, 01:55 AM
I won't be getting this day one either. I will get it eventually though. I'm so far behind on games I haven't even played Mass Effect 2 or Bioshock 2 yet. I'll probably get this one when it's $20-$30 like the first one, because the first one was alright but in no way worth $60. Unless this one is drastically improved it probably won't be worth $60 either. Especially since there were rumors from awhile back that this game is going to be shorter than the first one. Each to his own.

DarthSoth
10-19-2010, 05:07 PM
I'm getting TFU and Fable 3 on the 26th and I will likely rent either Rock Band 3 or Sims 3 on the 26th as well. Likely RB 3 since that one will be tougher to find at my rental store later on if I don't get it on release day. TFU will be game 1 I play though. I loved Fable 2 so I forsee a lot of hour going into that one, I just hope I have enought time with it before AC:Brotherhood hits. AC2 is likely my favorite game like ever, and in the very very many years I've been gaming that is saying something. When Brotherhood hits, all other games willbe getting shelved for a good long while.

Too many great looking game this fall.
Dead Rising 2 was a buy and was/is awesome.
Fallout New Vegas is a play for me. I just don't know when I will get to it.
The Force Unleased. Buy
Fable 3 buy.
Rock Band 3 is a rental with the possibility of a buy down the road. EA though so that makes it low on the buy priority with used being the only way I'll buy it.
Sims 3 is a rental to see how it translates to the console. Again EA so not likely to buy it unless it is an absolute home run.
That new Bond 007 game needs some investigation as I have zero knowledge of it until a couple days ago.
Kinect Sports, Kinectimals and Motion Sports will all be rentals to see if any of them are worth it.
CoD Black Ops I will definitely rent but want to play for sure. I Just don't buy FPS's anymore because the Campaigns are just to short and once and done, and I really don't MP much at all.
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Buy. no brainer for me. Even though the MP sounds like a bad idea, I know I will enjoy the SP campaign a ton.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I have to check out since I am a fan of the series. Hopefully it is good like OOtP and doesn't suck like HBP. As it is EA I will be renting it since my EA games purchasing boycot is in full effect.

Ackis
10-19-2010, 06:07 PM
I have Sims 3, Star Wars and Fable 3 all on pre-order. :(

StayonTarget
10-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Why are you telling us all this again?

Snow Camo Kid
10-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Star wars always comes first! =P

xTGMx INF3RNO
10-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Pre ordered tfu2 :) the first was brilliant cant wait for second. I will get fable 3 because fable 2 was also brilliant. But out of all the new game coming out. Black ops.fable.star wars.fallout ect Assassin's creed comes first!!