PDA

View Full Version : Question about the auto car set ups?

pined5551
10-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Ok, i didn't notice this until my second season for some reason. But in my first race at Bahrain in my new Toro Rosso my car would hit its top speed at around 178mph even when it was set to the fully dry quick setup option. Then in China it would hit higher speeds, up to 200mph like normal while on the same quick setup option. Im guessing the game does this to take into account the fact that some tracks are slower than others but is there an easier way to enable you car to hit the same performance in Bahrain as in China. I just found it very annoying how on Bahrain's straights i would peak at 178mph with still a few hundred meters of track left to speed down, esecially when the engine hits the rev limiter (what an even more annoying sound, lol)

I know if can sort this out, i'd be able to do much better lap times etc.

Bulldog LXXIII
10-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Rather than use the quick car set-ups you can jump into the screen on your car and manually change your setup - then you can save the set-up so you can load it back up everytime you want it.

There is a thread on the forum here somwhere that takes you off to a site with detailed set-ups for each track.

pined5551
10-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Thanks, yeah I saw that too. I may try that. I just thought it was strange how your car was effectivley limited to certain speeds on some tracks.

defiant4eva
10-05-2010, 05:55 AM
Also take note that by the end of the season your car will have pick up new upgrades. So the game will limit your car at the start of the season and unlock it's fully potential as the season progresses. If you complete the objectives needed to unlock upgrades.

pined5551
10-05-2010, 11:18 AM
If you stay with your current team for another season, does you car keep all it's upgrades?

defiant4eva
10-05-2010, 02:33 PM
I don't know, but I would imagin you wouldn't.

I can confirm when I swap to Maclaren. As that will be the team I plan to do expert on. Which will probably take me the last 4 seasons in my 7 season career.

OctagonQontrol
10-05-2010, 06:51 PM
If you stay with your current team for another season, does you car keep all it's upgrades?
Nope, new season, same team = reset of all upgrades (but that is on the whole playing field of 24 cars)....