PDA

View Full Version : X360A World Championship

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

daenius
10-04-2010, 04:09 PM
This will be our hub for everything about the ongoing championship.

For the time being, our x360a World Championship will be a 12-player race each week.

If someone of our regulars cannot make it, we will contact people that signed up for races in the driver sign-up thread.

More rules and guidelines to follow.

The layout of this thread is as follows:

Post 2

Information on the current week of the championship, including

- Participants
- Race Information
- Track Information
- General Settings

Post 3

Results of the previous week.

Post 4

The championship bracket with current standings.

Post 5

Information on the next race.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Polls will not be necessary anymore, as we will be racing the actual F1 2010 calendar, of course leaving out Melbourne, since we already raced there last week.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything concerning participating, etc. will be handled in the drivers sign-up thread, which can be found here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=263917

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If a regular driver is not able to make it to a GP, Pined and myself will contact somebody from the "Drivers sign-up" thread to act as a reserve.

Note:

If the regular driver is able to participate in the race following the current week, he is automatically back on the roster.

daenius
10-04-2010, 04:10 PM
x360a World Championship | Week 11

Participants

01. Pined x360a | Force India

02. Noddee1984 | Red Bull

03. Daenius | Virgin

04. o H i T M a N z | Williams

05. blue smarty | Ferrari

06. xI BR4D Ix | McLaren

07. abspur x360a | BMW Sauber

08. derektaylor84 | HRT

09. LFC2k6 | Renault

10. Slowinfastout | Mercedes

11. Shelton | Lotus

12. xX Patriot Xx | Toro Rosso

Race Information

The next race will take place on

Saturday, January 8th | 7pm GMT

Track Information

Grosser Preis Santander von Deutschland | Hockenheimring | Hockenheim

January 8th, 2011 | 7pm GMT

Laps:

Circuit Length:

4.574 km

Last Race (2010) Stats

Pole Position:

1:13.791 (Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull)

Fastest Lap:

1:15.824 (Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull)

Winner:

1h 27m 38.684s (Fernando Alonso, Ferrari)

General Settings

Race Settings:

- Session Scoring: Per Session
- Participation: Qualification and Race
- Race Distance: 75%
- Car Assignment: Player's Choice
- Weather Setting: Dynamic

Simulation Settings:

- Rules and Flags: Reduced
- Tyre Wear: On
- Fuel Load Sim: On
- Car Damage: Full
- Car Performance: Equal
- Collisions: Full

Assist Restrictions:

- None, All Assists Allowed

daenius
10-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Last Race Results

x360a World Championship | Week 10

Santander British Grand Prix | Silverstone Circuit | Silverstone

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/AmpedExport/x360a%20World%20Championship/8-Canada.jpg

daenius
10-04-2010, 04:11 PM
x360a Drivers Championship Ranking

http://h1.ripway.com/x13radx/core.html (http://f3-preview.host-ed.net/bradhostdomainonline.com/core.html)

daenius
10-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Upcoming Race

Date

Saturday, December 4th, 2010

Time

7pm GMT

Circuit

Telefónica Grand Prix Of Europe | Valencia Street Circuit | Valencia

Fifty Two
10-07-2010, 01:29 AM
i wanna race!

f1Davii
10-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Many apoligies for my dropping out tonight chaps, had a short power cut and the powers just come back on. Very sorry.

pined5551
10-10-2010, 08:33 PM
I can race on either Saturday or Sunday for the Malaysia race. Either way i'll be there to continue my Championship lead :P

daenius
10-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Explanation for the championship points system:

In my list for today, I had the following subs written down:

- f1Davii for Noddee1984
- || Mr Dizzle || for abspur x360a
- CrIzZy b for o H i T M a N z
- xI BR4D Ix for PrivateAdam

That means:

Noddee1984 did not score any points today, since f1Davii got disqualified.

abspur scored 12pts today, because Dizzle came in 4th.

Hitman did not score any points today, since Crizzy got disqualified.

PrivateAdam score 18pts today, because Brad came in 2nd.

I changed two things in the championship points for this week, to make it all more even and sort out any irregularities, since we now have a core group of 11 regular drivers.

Since Mr Dizzle is now a regular driver, I took the liberty of giving abspur x360a the 12 points for Mr Dizzle's win - after all, he was subbing in for abspur, as well as awarding Mr Dizzle with 12 points for his 4th place.

xI BR4D Ix is also a regular driver now, while PrivateAdam seems to have pulled out of the championship, so I've awarded Brad his 18pts for today's 2nd place plus the 8pts PrivateAdam got last week.

This should explain any irregularities. From now on, it's every man for himself ;)

pined5551
10-10-2010, 08:37 PM
That seems logicl Daenius, lol.

LFC2K6
10-10-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm also good for either day next weekend. Also anyone who wants to race in the meantime you're welcome to invite me as I'm always up for some F1!

I take it we are skipping Melbourne then?

I'm hoping for less racing incidents next time, I want a podium :p
The thing is I could record our races for later review, as I do have a capture card but there are 2 issues with it. 1, it would only be from my perspective and 2, given that a 10 min CoD game is 400mb, recording our full race which is over an hour in total, would come to several GB.

pined5551
10-10-2010, 08:42 PM
if you had the patience you could cut together all the highlights and upload a highlights video each week. But like you say, it could only be from your perspective.

LFC2K6
10-10-2010, 08:44 PM
if you had the patience you could cut together all the highlights and upload a highlights video each week. But like you say, it could only be from your perspective.

I was thinking that, or send the full thing to someone who actually has editing skill. I = noob afterall.
But again, it would only be really involving me or anyone that has an incident near that I could see.

pined5551
10-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Too bad there are not saveable replays like in Gaylo: Reach and H3 etc, hahaha, lol.

daenius
10-10-2010, 08:52 PM
I was thinking that, or send the full thing to someone who actually has editing skill. I = noob afterall.
But again, it would only be really involving me or anyone that has an incident near that I could see.

I am an editor, so I could edit the footage for you.

From 1hr of footage, even if it's only from your perspective, I could probably still get out 2-3 minutes of good footage.

Let me know.

LFC2K6
10-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Too bad there are not saveable replays like in Gaylo: Reach and H3 etc, hahaha, lol.

I wish... but then again, Halo game last like 7-8 mins. While even 20% races on this are at least 15 mins long. So you'd need a lot of space to save them games!

LFC2K6
10-10-2010, 08:55 PM
I am an editor, so I could edit the footage for you.

From 1hr of footage, even if it's only from your perspective, I could probably still get out 2-3 minutes of good footage.

Let me know.

Good man, we'll have to do a test or something soon.

1 thing though, off topic but, if I leave my PC on for so long without touching it, it sets itself on standby. Do you have any idea how to stop this? Because I don't want this happening halfway through recording a race.

pined5551
10-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Go to the 'Control Panel' (if your with windows) and select power options. There should be a setting there where you can choose for it to do nothing rather than hibernate/shut down during inactivity.

LFC2K6
10-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Go to the 'Control Panel' (if your with windows) and select power options. There should be a setting there where you can choose for it to do nothing rather than hibernate/shut down during inactivity.

Fixed. Cheers.

o H i T M a N z
10-10-2010, 09:14 PM
This is kind of annoying, i enjoy these races and it really sucks having to work sunday evenings and miss it, it also sucks further because a get replaced by a guy who DNF's. I was 4th in the standings now 7th :(

pined5551
10-10-2010, 09:41 PM
This is kind of annoying, i enjoy these races and it really sucks having to work sunday evenings and miss it, it also sucks further because a get replaced by a guy who DNF's. I was 4th in the standings now 7th :(

It's only two races into the season. I'd prefer to race on Saturdays in the future simply because I have Uni on a Monday and these races require quite a lot of preparation haha, and so do my seminars. But i have to prioritise, Uni comes 2nd, I come first in F1 = Good nights sleep hahhaha :p

x13radx
10-10-2010, 09:57 PM
Either nights better for me, but for the sake of my education, Saturdays are probably better for me, as Sunday is homework night :D

Noddee 1984
10-10-2010, 10:08 PM
ok i'll be back for staurday if the race is on o personally prefer saturday. gald to see the race went well. hope to be in on the action soon.

pined5551
10-11-2010, 12:09 AM
I was wondering too, is anyone up for maybe upping the distance to 75%? I know 100% is too long really (although i would be up for it im guessing most wouldn't). It's just while these are long, i can't help but think that it is only half distance, and half isn't a lot by comparison to the real thing, lol. Just a suggestion, still happy to keep it at 50% if that's preffered.

daenius
10-11-2010, 08:04 AM
I was wondering too, is anyone up for maybe upping the distance to 75%? I know 100% is too long really (although i would be up for it im guessing most wouldn't). It's just while these are long, i can't help but think that it is only half distance, and half isn't a lot by comparison to the real thing, lol. Just a suggestion, still happy to keep it at 50% if that's preffered.

75% is fine with me!

o H i T M a N z
10-11-2010, 09:48 AM

By the way im working again sunday so i can only do the race on the Saturday.

Im happy to keep the race at 50% but i would also like to try a longer race, what i really want is DAMAGE ON FULL, i seem to be one of the few that doesnt put my car in the wall, and when some cheeky bugger with his Front Wing missing tries to overtake me, that is annoying :mad:

Noddee 1984
10-11-2010, 10:02 AM
i agree wuth hitman damage on full and a longer race wud make everyone a bit more cautious when race.

pined5551
10-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah damage is a must i think.

LFC2K6
10-11-2010, 02:44 PM
We could do a mini race during the week at a longer distance with damage on full and see how it goes?
If not we should put it to a vote?

pined5551
10-11-2010, 03:22 PM
We could do a mini race during the week at a longer distance with damage on full and see how it goes?
If not we should put it to a vote?

That's an idea, i can do it Wednesday but not really any other night this week.

x13radx
10-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Either Tomorrow or Wednesday would be a decent time for me to participate in the "mini-race" to test longer distances/damage.

I often find that when racing online the laps seem to go very fast. I can do a 20% race on Career and get bored, but on 50% it doesnt seem to last long enough!

pined5551
10-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Either Tomorrow or Wednesday would be a decent time for me to participate in the "mini-race" to test longer distances/damage.

I often find that when racing online the laps seem to go very fast. I can do a 20% race on Career and get bored, but on 50% it doesnt seem to last long enough!

This was my exact thinking. When racing online it just seems to go so fast :p

derektaylor84
10-11-2010, 08:02 PM
I would prefer to race Sunday night for this weekends GP,as i won't be back in time for 7pm start on Saturday.Also in reponse to earlier posts about rule changes i would be happy to keep 50percent race distance but would like to try full damage.

Gamertag: derektaylor84

NUFC_Matty
10-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Happy do it either way 75% or 50%, but i think the crashes will start to reduce once everyone gets used to the length of the races.
But this race i have have learned how not to spin out everyone 6/7 laps :D

LFC2K6
10-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Me, Daenius, Brad and Noddee had a few races tonight with full damage on, we all totalled our car at least once. Though to be fair the people we raced were horrible and crashed us off.

All in all it didn't really seem to go well, but then again in the full race were people are more... Considerate, things may be better.

daenius
10-12-2010, 07:04 AM
Me, Daenius, Brad and Noddee had a few races tonight with full damage on, we all totalled our car at least once. Though to be fair the people we raced were horrible and crashed us off.

All in all it didn't really seem to go well, but then again in the full race were people are more... Considerate, things may be better.

The problem with full damage on is that you really have to drive absolutely perfectly.

We were racing at Korea yesterday, and the last curve is a long right one that you can take from 2nd gear while accelerating up to max speed.

I just swerved one bit to the right, kissed the wall and my car was totaled. Normally this would have been a damaged tyre at best.

So it's definitely something that we have to discuss further before incorporating it into our races.

vapona88
10-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Sorry guys, i have just read the forum now and seen about tonights practice etc, if you needed me then sorry.

In the future would someone be able to message me on xbox as I will be more likely to be in the know for the weeks events, cheers

daenius
10-13-2010, 07:09 AM
Ok, seems like our race this week will take place on Saturday.

Additionally, everybody make sure to pick your preferred car for the rest of the season, I'm going to message each person that hasn't picked one on Live, just to be sure.

The list:

Pined x360a | Force India

xI BR4D Ix | McLaren

MytH FTW | Ferrari

LFC2k6 | Renault

|| Mr Dizzle || Williams

Daenius | Virgin

Noddee1984 | Red Bull

o H i T M a N z | Mercedes

Shelton | Lotus

Crazy BigGaz | Toro Rosso

abspur x360a | BMW Sauber

derektaylor84 | HRT

pined5551
10-13-2010, 10:28 AM
The problem with full damage on is that you really have to drive absolutely perfectly.

HaZarr! I have no problems here :p

But in all seriousness. I think we should try one of the easier circuits with damage. China & Malaysia are very wide with lots of run off areas. Who knows, it could shake up the championship nicely.

o H i T M a N z
10-13-2010, 11:10 AM
What time where you gonna start tonight, i have to be off by 7.30, so i guess for me to take part it would have to start around 6pm GMT, thats probably to early for some of you ?

abspur
10-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Ok, seems like our race this week will take place on Saturday.

Additionally, everybody make sure to pick your preferred car for the rest of the season, I'm going to message each person that hasn't picked one on Live, just to be sure.

The list:

Pined x360a | Force India

xI BR4D Ix | McLaren

MytH FTW | Ferrari

LFC2k6 | Renault

|| Mr Dizzle || Williams

Daenius | Virgin

Noddee1984 | Red Bull

o H i T M a N z | Mercedes

Shelton | Lotus

I'll take the Sauber if it is free.

daenius
10-13-2010, 11:45 AM
What time where you gonna start tonight, i have to be off by 7.30, so i guess for me to take part it would have to start around 6pm GMT, thats probably to early for some of you ?

6pm is good for me. I'll just be online from 6 on and we'll see how many ppl. show up!

I'll take the Sauber if it is free.

Done :)

HaZarr! I have no problems here :p

But in all seriousness. I think we should try one of the easier circuits with damage. China & Malaysia are very wide with lots of run off areas. Who knows, it could shake up the championship nicely.

Haha, as you know my friend, pride comes before the fall :P

As for the tracks, definitely sounds good!

x13radx
10-13-2010, 12:21 PM
I will be on later on if anyone wants to do any practice/racing.

Had a few races with Daenius, abspur & LFC last night, was good. Might have to use my standard xbox controller though as my racing wheel started playing up last night and when I was on this morning it was acting very twitchy and not registering wheel movement or button presses properly...

pined5551
10-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Haha, as you know my friend, pride comes before the fall :P

Yeah haha. I'm sure i'll have a reality check soon and come last in a race and LFC2K will take the win by 10 laps on us all haha.

I'll be on at 6 to race tonight :)

x13radx
10-13-2010, 02:03 PM
I managed to finish early so am now. Me & Hitman are doing time-trials :)

Just got #18th Global Bahrain Wet :D

PS: My headset came today. Its the most irritating headset I have ever had...

pined5551
10-13-2010, 02:50 PM

WOW! Nice going man! Also i now may not be on tonight, i may be going out again, lol. I'll be on up and until the point when i'm not i guess.

LFC2K6
10-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Yeah haha. I'm sure i'll have a reality check soon and come last in a race and LFC2K will take the win by 10 laps on us all haha.

I'll be on at 6 to race tonight :)

I've developed a new strategy that could see you eating those words!

Works well, unless the race is at monza :(

o H i T M a N z
10-13-2010, 03:57 PM

Yh i came like 110th in the world, i thought i'd done good, i said try beat it ... and he bloody did, totally smashed my time. But i have found out that none of my cars will go above 180 mph, even if i mess around with the gearbox, the stupid car selects 7th gear at about 150 mph, and gets stuck on the rev limiter at 175 mph, im losing so much time on the straights

x13radx
10-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Yh i came like 110th in the world, i thought i'd done good, i said try beat it ... and he bloody did, totally smashed my time. But i have found out that none of my cars will go above 180 mph, even if i mess around with the gearbox, the stupid car selects 7th gear at about 150 mph, and gets stuck on the rev limiter at 175 mph, im losing so much time on the straights

Don't just change the 7th gear, set incremements between the gears. I usually make them look like a slightly diagonal line, depending on track of course.

x13radx
10-13-2010, 05:06 PM
OK, it's now official. My racing wheel is completely broken. I was just doing a Time Trial on Singapore and it twitched to the left slightly (malfunctioning force feedback) and then it loses all power and I cannot get it to turn back on whatever I do.

Well, controller for me then. I will probably be shit now because I havent used a controller on this game since I first got it.

LFC2K6
10-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Okay, I only just got on to find everyone was "Last online 2x minutes ago"
How did it go if it went ahead?

pined5551
10-14-2010, 01:03 AM
Yeah Brad that really is a shame for you about your wheel. Be sure to get some practice in with the controller in time for Saturday. And nothing happened tonight LFC. Most people had to go for other commitments tonight at the last minute, myself included (did end up going out in the end, lol). Might be on tommoro, but likely gonna try and improve my Brazil time trial. I know for a fact that i can make it into the top 50 based on my best sector 1 time alone. Just have to get that one perfect lap, and i'll be on for a winner. May try and tune the car too. I really believe i could get top 10 with more work, lol.

LFC2K6
10-14-2010, 04:51 AM
MS don't make the wheel anymore either, unless you can get it fixed you're going to have to start looking in your local Argos, or check all the usual game companies websites.
I picked mine up from Gamestation in the beginning of August for £65, it wasn't in stock anywhere in Liverpool but I got it from there and that's the cheapest I know.

... I should get back to time trial, I did have a few good times going in like Monaco, Bahrain & Montreal but they've probably been beaten now. But I'm down to Monza in my career now so I have a pretty good knowledge of 'most all the tracks. I'll have to start posting times.

(Just finished Spa by the way, AMAZING!)

daenius
10-14-2010, 07:22 AM
I might buy a wheel and learn to manually shift just to beat Pined ;)

It's absolutely frustrating not being able to beat some of the times in time trial because of the controller and auto shifting, because I know I could.

And yeah, sorry about yesterday, I got a call about uploading some footage on short notice, so I had to leave.

If anyone is online, maybe we could do it tonight... let's see.

Noddee 1984
10-14-2010, 08:37 AM
ma try one as well see if it makes any diff aswell. how did the 75% race go sorry wasnt on i was working 10 till 10 12 hours not so good

daenius
10-14-2010, 08:46 AM
ma try one as well see if it makes any diff aswell. how did the 75% race go sorry wasnt on i was working 10 till 10 12 hours not so good

we didn't race yesterday, maybe tonight!

Noddee 1984
10-14-2010, 10:57 AM
well am up[ 4 it tonite just send me a invite wot track u thinkin

daenius
10-14-2010, 11:15 AM
well am up[ 4 it tonite just send me a invite wot track u thinkin

we were thinking shanghai or kuala lumpur.

Noddee 1984
10-14-2010, 11:44 AM
kl i think kaula lumphar need th practise lol

pined5551
10-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Won't be able to do a race tonight, have plans. May be on when you starting etc but won't be able to stay so no need to invite or anything.

x13radx
10-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Managed to kick the brother off Dead Rising 2 so am free to play tonight now.

LFC2K6
10-14-2010, 06:47 PM
I can't race tonight, I've run out of XBL gold. Unless I can pick some membership up tonight, I probably won't be on.
I can't even send messages from xbox.com!

x13radx
10-14-2010, 08:14 PM
My first race without my beloved steering wheel tonight, and won by 21.1 seconds on a 75% race with full damage.

It was a great race, by the time we had started I had forgot to get my mic plugged in and couldnt get it during the pit stop, so thats why I was again very silent. :)

Just to clarify, I play with no assists what so ever;
No braking assists
No ABS
No Traction Control
No Racing Line
Manual Sequential Gearbox
Manual Pit Limiter & Pit Box

My fastest lap was a 1:36.585 which was set on around lap 24 or 25.

The race started with a 52% chance of rain, and by lap 25 or so it the skies had started to go grey and rain started. I pitted at the same time as Hitman (Although I was a lap ahead at this point.) and overtook him within a few laps after a few mistakes meant I was stuck behind him for a little while. I had changed to Intermediates and despite Daenius & Noddee both switching to Wets, I managed to hold on, despite losing a bit of grip when the track started getting very wet. Although Daenius probably gained around 10+ seconds on me in the last 10 or so laps, I was so far ahead it did'nt really matter and I almost lapped Noddee on the last lap too.

Great race, and I think if I can keep a decent pace like tonight on Saturday, I should be in for a win.

daenius
10-14-2010, 08:21 PM
great race, I really liked the 75% distance, made the race much more strategic.

brad killed us in the dry, after about 10 laps, noddee overtook me for 2nd and was ahead 15 seconds or more.

when it started raining and everybody switched to wets/intermediates, I decided to stick with the primes for 3-4 more laps and was able to get some pretty fast laps in.

when I came out of the pit, after changing to wet tyres, I barely managed to hold my lead over noddee, he was right behind me when I came out of the pit.

the last 17-18 laps I was doing fast lap after fast lap and managed to take 1-2 seconds off brad's times with each lap, but like he said, I still wasn't able to catch up to him.

pretty darn impressive, brad. driving with no aids whatsoever and manual shifting in your first race without wheel and still dominating the dry track.

crazy biggaz destroyed his car in lap 5 or 6 and had to wait an hour until we were finished, sorry about that man :)

all in all, I would say we definitely keep full damage on, along with the reduced flags.

as for the 75% - like I said before, it makes the race much more competitive and strategic, so I would up the distance to 75%.

x13radx
10-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Yes, I think with 12 racers a 75% length race would be great. I also think having full damage will be better too, however we never really collided at all tonight, so we never really saw the extent.

Daenius, will send the setup to you in a few minutes!

o H i T M a N z
10-14-2010, 09:10 PM
I think im gonna try using a driver aid next race, im using the controller and all driver aids OFF, whereas others seem to use driver aids and the steering wheel, so i think im at a disadvantage. I was consistently doing 1:40s in the dry & 1:42s in the wet whereas you guys where getting in the 1:39s. Over 42 laps ionly spun the car like 3 times which is not bad with traction control off, alot of my laps were good but i still had to brake earlier and be later on the power, i was just losing toomuch time in the corners.

pined5551
10-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Sounds like you guys had fun, shame i couldnt make it. But i had some fun in the 3rd dimension tonight hahaha. Looks like i'll need to put in some practice for Saturday.

Crazy BigGaz
10-15-2010, 12:38 PM
crazy biggaz destroyed his car in lap 5 or 6 and had to wait an hour until we were finished, sorry about that man :)

No worries, I ended up switching between my PC and XBox 360.
I do think it would of been great if the game had a feature to be able to watch the others race, instead of the places they are in.

I broke to late, for the corner. I did the same in qualy and I think it could of been the same corner as well. Just need to do some pratices with full damage on, so I know how far I can push the car etc...

all in all, I would say we definitely keep full damage on, along with the reduced flags.

as for the 75% - like I said before, it makes the race much more competitive and strategic, so I would up the distance to 75%.
I agree keep full damage and up to 75%.

Think I do some pratices for tomorrow in a bit

Shelton
10-15-2010, 01:14 PM
No worries, I ended up switching between my PC and XBox 360.
I do think it would of been great if the game had a feature to be able to watch the others race, instead of the places they are in.

+1. This annoys me whenever I'm racing online, especially when it's just my brother and I (against AI). If one of us crash out, it's kind of boring. You get to watch the standings screen and try to get a "play by play" happening. lol. Would be good for editing purposes too, if you could select who to watch. Games like Shadowrun give you the ability to see from each member of your teams perspective, so I don't see why they can't offer this feature. Maybe next year?

Concerning these races, unfortunately I am rarely up at 7pm GMT, as it is very early in the morning for me. I don't mind making the effort on the weekend, but through the week I'll be snoozing!

pined5551
10-15-2010, 01:50 PM
I don't mind making the effort on the weekend, but through the week I'll be snoozing!

You have your life all backwards i think :p

Looking forward to the race this weekend. So far I haven't done a single lap as practice for Malaysia and im not sure if i'll have time to, this week has been pretty hectic for me. But I am determined to remain on the podium so watch out homeslice's ;)

x13radx
10-15-2010, 02:27 PM
If anyone fancies a few races later on, just say.

My brother is playing at the moment then im going out for a bit, but will be back around 7 ish...

Parkerktm
10-16-2010, 08:20 AM
This looks awesome, sign me up ASAP!

x13radx
10-16-2010, 01:50 PM
I will be on from around 6 if anyone wants a practice session.

pined5551
10-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Sould be on by then too. Did a couple of laps last night and did ok. Not sure how it'll be with a heavy fuel load. Was it more noticable at 75%?

x13radx
10-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Sould be on by then too. Did a couple of laps last night and did ok. Not sure how it'll be with a heavy fuel load. Was it more noticable at 75%?

I would say so, the cars felt very very heavy the first few laps, but after a while you get used to it.

Noddee 1984
10-16-2010, 04:30 PM
I would say so, the cars felt very very heavy the first few laps, but after a while you get used to it.

a strat comes in handy for this race like depends if it gona rain or not

x13radx
10-16-2010, 05:54 PM
My wheel is still not fixed, so will be racing with my controller tonight. Damn it, absolutely hate racing with the controller...

EDIT: The problem with it is that when im going on a straight I can keep the wheel straight, however the car in-game will weave everywhere and I have very little control. It also keeps disconnecting even when power supply is connected.

Slowinfastout
10-16-2010, 06:44 PM
I finally get to race with you guys and my internet decides to die on me:(. Sorry and hopefully I can race next time if there's any space available.

abspur
10-16-2010, 06:48 PM
Stupid game froze and kicked me out of the race. Probably revenge for the glitched time.

daenius
10-16-2010, 08:26 PM
good race, as for the crashes:

since only 7 ppl. finished the race - we put abspur and myth at rank 8 and will award them with 4 points, same goes for whoever subbed in for hitman.

more details later.

x13radx
10-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Great race today guys;

I seemed to get a decent start and lead from start to finish. I put in a shift of extremely fast laps between laps 20-30 where I was setting my fastest laps;

My best was 1:36.500 or so I believe, maybe a bit faster, I dont remember exactly. Just glad I lapped everyone on track at least once. :D

pined5551
10-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Yeah, great race. I think i'll learn all the tracks now without the braking line so Brad doesn't have so much of a chance of escaping me like he did today again. I maintain that Brad is the better player due to the fact he doesnt use it. I think it was the same for everyone today, that the race line vanished. Lost so much time in the first 20 laps as a result. It wasn't until lap 23 that i put a time in close to what Brad was doing. I concluded that my race was thus with Daenius for 3rd, which much to his annoyance i took while he pitted :D Also a little irritating that we couldn't finish our last lap as i would have been able to grab a cheeky 2nd at the expense of Noddee haha. Oh well, on to China :)

x13radx
10-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Yeah, great race. I think i'll learn all the tracks now without the braking line so Brad doesn't have so much of a chance of escaping me like he did today again. I maintain that Brad is the better player due to the fact he doesnt use it. I think it was the same for everyone today, that the race line vanished. Lost so much time in the first 20 laps as a result. It wasn't until lap 23 that i put a time in close to what Brad was doing. I concluded that my race was thus with Daenius for 3rd, which much to his annoyance i took while he pitted :D Also a little irritating that we couldn't finish our last lap as i would have been able to grab a cheeky 2nd at the expense of Noddee haha. Oh well, on to China :)

Yeah, once I realised I had the win in the bag, I set my engine to Cruise and just took it comfortably round the track. Like Noddee said that he was getting away from me, it was only because I had slowed myself down as I almost smashed out half-way through.

daenius
10-16-2010, 09:42 PM
YI concluded that my race was thus with Daenius for 3rd, which much to his annoyance i took while he pitted :D Also a little irritating that we couldn't finish our last lap as i would have been able to grab a cheeky 2nd at the expense of Noddee haha. Oh well, on to China :)

I was quite annoyed, yes :)

like I said, I started the race on primes and took a lot of time off you - and just when I pitted in lap 32 and was getting ready to put on the options it started raining and I had to switch to intermediates, which caused me quite some trouble - I was spinning like a mofo...

good race, and soon - maybe not in china - but soon, my friend, I will beat you... I think I'm going to make this my objective for the season haha :D

LFC2K6
10-16-2010, 09:48 PM
I actually think that was my best drive yet. Even though I only finished 7th.
By lap 5 I had been lapped twice by everyone, due to my racing line not being there I crashed off twice at the hairpin and lost my front wing.

From then on, it was just a matter of keeping the car on the track for the rest of the race as due to the times I could tell Crazy Biggaz was making mistakes a plenty.
I was posting consistent 1:46 times, which for me, without a racing line and on primes the whole race, was probably a good time. I was catching at what I'd think was 4-5 seconds per lap.

With about 15 laps left(I think) rain started to fall, but only gently. It started just as Daenius entered the pits and he switched to Intermediate tyres on the way down but this was eventually his downfall as the rain was very light, and didn't effect anyone until the last 2-3 laps.

By the end I had gotten my 2 laps back, and was only half the start/finish straight behind biggaz, however Brad, having lapped people went over the line before I got there and caused the race to end when we all got to the finish line.

Had the race gone on 1 lap longer, everything would've been different. Noddee had a puncture and had passed the pit lane, but struggled over the finish line. With the track wet at that point and with Pined and Daenius on Intermediates, they would surely have overtaken him. I would probably have overtaken Biggaz too. But it wasn't to be :(

Was a good race though, very tense in the last 2 laps or so!

abspur
10-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Sounds like an exciting race near the end, shame the game froze as I could of achieved a decent place.

Oh well, roll on Shanghai next week

I actually really like the Sauber despite my original doubts, it is easy to control compared to my career Lotus or the Force India from my previous races.

o H i T M a N z
10-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Gutted i missed another race, im not working next weekend, so i'll be back and fighting for the win :)

daenius
10-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Race and championship info updated in the first post.

Just to be sure:

abspur, MytH and Hitman (substitute Slowinfastout) will all be awarded 4pts because of connection issues.

Mr Dizzle and derektaylor didn't get any points because we couldn't find replacements for them (sorry guys).

I'm really hoping everybody can race next weekend, don't forget to post your preferred day.

Here's a pic of the final results (sorry about it being cropped, I didn't pay attention):

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6914/x360agpweek3.jpg

Missing at the bottom are abspur and Hitman's sub, Slowinfastout, who, as mentioned before, were also disqualified.

LFC2K6
10-16-2010, 10:06 PM
I'll be back with more poor race engineer impersonations on either day, it's all good for me!

Shelton
10-16-2010, 10:21 PM
The race from my perspective:

Well, I was "fortunate" enough to have the qualifying time glitch on me, which put me into second, behind abspur x360a (who also had the time glitch). Would have preferred to start from the back truth be told, because I knew I wouldn't have the pace on this track. Also, first turn is scary at the front!

Anyway, the race begins, abspur and I get around the first turn alright. However, it doesn't take long for Brad to get in front. I only see him two times after this, when he is lapping me. lol. Coming up to the hairpin, Noddee is on my outside, I try to leave him space, but do not account for the extra weight of the car and give him a slight tap. Sorry! In second, but struggling with the car, Noddee quickly gets back into the action and overtakes me.

Next lap, back to the hairpin again. I make the same mistake and go off. Daenius overtakes. From here, we have a nice little battle for the next couple of laps, before Daenius has a spin. Now it's his turn to chase me. We have another tussle for 3 or 4 laps, though this time he comes out victorious. I end up in the gravel and both Daenius and Pined overtake me.

Pined was driving erratically to begin with, due to the lack of a racing line. Which meant I could actually keep up with him! The three of us (Pined, Daenius and I) were fighting amongst ourselves, with Brad and Noddee miles ahead. The next few laps remain close. I finally get past Pined when he loses traction on the turn up the hill. Unfortunately, a couple of turns later, my hard work is undone. In the gravel!

I slowly begin to track down Pined again. My race however, is about to be turned on its head. Rounding the second last corner, my front left tyre blows out. I was pushing too hard I guess. I amble to the pits, losing a lot of time. It is lap 15, my race strategy is out the window, I'm stuck in 5th. I remain in 5th for the rest of the race. It is quite an uneventful 30 odd laps, as most of the time I am alone. The top 4 occasionally pass by, lapping me.

I didn't really see LFC or Crazy BigGaz, though (by his commentary) LFC was fighting tooth and nail to catch Crazy BigGaz. abspur, Myth and Slowinfastout all have connection issues and are disconnected from the race. A shame, as it could have been very interesting had those 3 remained.

End of Race Summary.

Considering this is one of my worst tracks to race on, I am quite pleased with the result. Hopefully I can be more competitive in next weeks race.

Thanks for the race everyone. No real incidents, which is always good. Especially when full damage is enabled... Think I'll set my alarm next time, rather than stay up, as I am totally dead now. Going to have a major sleep in.

o H i T M a N z
10-17-2010, 03:55 PM
I have a question to ask ...

Can we get rid of this silly subbing thing ?

I dont mind other people being in the race when the regulars cant make it, but i really dislike that someone who gets Disqualified takes my place everytime. I have done one race where i came 4th and got 12 points ( which is not bad ), i havnt raced in the last 2 weekends because of work :( and the people that have taken my place have got DQ'd or DNF'd.

I would much prefer it that the championship standings said the true results which is ... o H i T M a N z , 12 points , (1). The (1) showing i have only raced once. Rather than what the standings currently show, me having picked up 16 points from 3 races, 2 of which i have not done.

Then the guys that have subbed me can just be added to the bottom of the standings in a similar fashion ... e.g. ( their name ) 0 points, (1)

Does everyone understand what i mean ?

daenius
10-17-2010, 10:35 PM
I have a question to ask ...

Can we get rid of this silly subbing thing ?

I dont mind other people being in the race when the regulars cant make it, but i really dislike that someone who gets Disqualified takes my place everytime. I have done one race where i came 4th and got 12 points ( which is not bad ), i havnt raced in the last 2 weekends because of work :( and the people that have taken my place have got DQ'd or DNF'd.

well, it's not like I am deliberately searching for quitters or people with connection problems to assign to you.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you the last 2 weeks and it sucks that you had to work these 2 days, but there's really nothing more we can do than search for replacements and sub them in randomly.

Dizzle and derektaylor didn't get any points this week because we couldn't find replacements for them, so I think 4pts for you, even if your sub got disconnected, is more than fair. In fact, Noddee found your sub about 15 minutes before the race started.

If I would have assigned your substitute to Dizzle or derek's spot, I guess you would have complained about not getting any points at all or not having a substitute race for you?

I'm really sorry for you, man, but please know that it's a pain in the ass finding 2-3 replacements every week for people that can't make a race - I'm doing the best I can.

I would much prefer it that the championship standings said the true results which is ... o H i T M a N z , 12 points , (1). The (1) showing i have only raced once. Rather than what the standings currently show, me having picked up 16 points from 3 races, 2 of which i have not done.

Then the guys that have subbed me can just be added to the bottom of the standings in a similar fashion ... e.g. ( their name ) 0 points, (1)

Does everyone understand what i mean ?I do understand what you mean, although I think that it would make things far too complicated and unnecessary.

If every one of us regulars has a substitute once during the season, we will have 12 people listed below us, and like I said, that's only if each racer has ONE substitute during the season.

Additionally, I think it's a bit unfair to every regular who has a substitute that is actually a pretty decent racer and picks up a nice batch of points for him.

If everybody thinks it's a good idea, I have no problem incorporating it, though.

Maybe we can talk about a solution involving default points for people who can't make it to a race, meaning if somebody can't make it and sends me a notice, he gets 1-2 points for the race, even if he didn't participate - if I don't get a message until one day before the race, the driver doesn't get any points.

EDIT: About the notice - it would be great if we could set up a "rule" that every regular lets us know if he can race the following week or not one day after the last race. That way, we have more time searching for replacements and making adjustments.

What I don't understand is:

Why are you complaining about actually having 4 points more than you would have if we started listing how many races each person has participated in and how many points he/she has picked up?

o H i T M a N z
10-18-2010, 05:10 PM
No i dont care who replaces me, i dont want a guy who dnf's or a guy who wins, i want to be by myself and i dont want other people earning points for me. its not at all complicated, in fact its easier, i dont show up i get 0, simples.

o H i T M a N z
10-18-2010, 05:42 PM
All i ask is that it can be like the real thing?

e.g when Massa got smashed in the face last year by that massive object, his replacements Luca Badoer & Fisichello didnt earn points for him, they raced for themselves.

this year when chandhock was replaced by Yamamoto, he raced for himself, he doesnt pick up points for the drivers they replace

daenius
10-18-2010, 06:39 PM
No i dont care who replaces me, i dont want a guy who dnf's or a guy who wins, i want to be by myself and i dont want other people earning points for me. its not at all complicated, in fact its easier, i dont show up i get 0, simples.

You're forgetting one thing: it's not only about you!!!!!!

We're 12 people and each and every one of us has his own idea of how this thing should work and each and every one of us has to compromise for this thing to work.

You think it's not pissing me off that sometimes I'm getting cancellations 1 hour before the race starts? Or having to wait until 2 days before the race to finally get in everybody's preferred day?

It seems like you are not willing at all to compromise, we can't just make this change to the substitution system because YOU are happier with it, we have to ask everybody for their opinion and THEN compromise and come up with a solution that works for everybody.

I will send out a message to everybody tonight, as soon as I have enough feedback, we will talk about it, I promise you that, ok?

o H i T M a N z
10-18-2010, 06:42 PM
How on earth am i saying its only about me ???

all i ask is dont give other drivers results to me !!!

its not difficult !!!

o H i T M a N z
10-18-2010, 06:45 PM
If you want other people to race thats FINE

If you want them to fill the spaces thats FINE

I couldnt care less whether the guy wins or loses, but what i do care about is you adding other peoples points onto MY tally.

I really do not understand it, and its really stupid idea

daenius
10-18-2010, 06:56 PM
If you want other people to race thats FINE

If you want them to fill the spaces thats FINE

I couldnt care less whether the guy wins or loses, but what i do care about is you adding other peoples points onto MY tally.

I really do not understand it, and its really stupid idea

Ok, I think we're getting our wires crossed here.

Please let me explain:

I am trying to come up with a solution that fits for EVERYBODY and not just for you. I wasn't trying to accuse you of being selfish, but I just want you to understand that it's about ALL of us, not just about what ONE of us wants.

Stupid idea or not - everybody has a right to vote on whether this should be our new way to go or not and that's exactly what I am doing.

If more people are pro your solution - your solution will be the one we will be using from now on (no subs, no points for no participation).

If more people are con you solution - we will be using the same substitution system we have used before or try to work towards another solution (like I mentioned earlier, maybe awarding 2 points for each person who didn't race by default).

Unless of course you DON'T CARE about other regulars getting points off their subs, e.g. both you and I have to miss a race, you get 0 points and I have a substitute that wins the race and I get 25 points.

If that's what you want, let me know and I'll be happy to oblige.

o H i T M a N z
10-18-2010, 07:09 PM
As i have said before, if i miss a race i want 0 points, i wouldnt want the 25 if my sub happened to win.

All i ask is that the standings show me with 12 points from 1 race, which is all i have done right ?

But if someone else doesnt agree, doesnt bother me, if for example Noddee misses a race he can have a sub if he wants and he can have the points his sub gets, i just dont want to be earning points that i dont deserve.

daenius
10-18-2010, 07:15 PM
As i have said before, if i miss a race i want 0 points, i wouldnt want the 25 if my sub happened to win.

All i ask is that the standings show me with 12 points from 1 race, which is all i have done right ?

But if someone else doesnt agree, doesnt bother me, if for example Noddee misses a race he can have a sub if he wants and he can have the points his sub gets, i just dont want to be earning points that i dont deserve.

That's all I wanted to know, and quite frankly, care about - although I do think that, if we have more votes for keeping the sub system, it's quite unfair to you, but ok.

I just don't want it to be unfair for everybody else - that was my concern.

I'll update your points to 12.

o H i T M a N z
10-18-2010, 07:23 PM
Call me weird if you want but i cant stand getting anything i dont deserve, like if i was to somehow get the qualifying glitch and get 1st place when i dont deserve it, i would want to quit.

x13radx
10-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Had a real off-night tonight lads (Pined, Noddee, Daenius). WHen we did Australia I was left annoyed as I lost my front wing when I collided with Daenius early on (Sorry Daenius, totally my fault, completely misjudged the turn and ended up foolishly trying to pass you when I should have held back) and then I pitted, but they put options back on for some daft reason so when that xbox360worm or whatever crashed into me and barged me off the track on the pit straight I had to pit again and then just lost sight of everyone. I got another puncture just as I came round the final bend and then just waited for Pined to come cruising home as I really could not be bothered to drive around the track with a back tyre blown out.

Now Valencia. I was remaining around 2 seconds behind Pined for the first 3 or 4 laps, but then strangely, on the sweeping straights just before the final hairpin onto pit straight, by back tyre burst. I was not going over a kerb, I did not touch the wall, it just randomly burst on me. I struggled back into the pits (Which took forever because in the resulting spin out I took off my front wing completely too) and then when I was behind Daenius and he crashed out, just before that I got another puncture and had to pit again which is when I came out behind him. In the end I sort of just tried ramming Kubica and Schumacher off the road and ended up smashing on the bridge and DNF.

Oh well, can't be good all the time I guess. :P

pined5551
10-18-2010, 11:09 PM
I know the point Hitman is trying to make, and to an extent i agree. It is simple enough to add players to fill empty spaces, but what he wants is to just have his points. Having now had a think on it, I too would like to take his stance, my points are my points. When we have a substitue player, they are just racing for themselves, as we would be if we were here at the race.

Noddee 1984
10-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Cant remember wot i voted for when i txt u but hitman is kinda right. i really dont care am happy ethier way wud much prefer if i didnt get any cause at least then i can say ma points are mine and the place i finish is a true rep of how good i am. so i will say wot i want done with ma points if i cant make it. that be fair.

daenius
10-19-2010, 03:47 PM
CHANGES FROM THIS WEEK ON:

1. The day for the race will now ALWAYS be Sunday.

2. A message concerning participation for the upcoming race has to be sent until TUESDAY at the latest - if I don't get a message from a member telling me if he can or can't make it, I will automatically drop him from the race and put him down for 0 points.

The reason for this is simply the fact that I do not want to wait until Friday/Saturday to get a response by some people anymore.

3. Substitutions will now race for themselves. Every point a substitute wins will not count towards the total of the regular driver the substitute raced for, but for him/herself.

pined5551
10-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Sounds good Daenius, really appriciate all your effort getting the races together :D

o H i T M a N z
10-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Cheers guys, at least there wasnt no more people calling me selfish :(

daenius
10-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Cheers guys, at least there wasnt no more people calling me selfish :(

When did I call you selfish? You really have a problem with me, don't you?

o H i T M a N z
10-19-2010, 05:45 PM
As you said in one of your previous posts, when i only stated my opinion that the current subbing system was stupid, you responded by saying "ITS NOT ONLY ABOUT YOU". Where i come from that is suggesting i am selfish.

daenius
10-19-2010, 06:05 PM
As you said in one of your previous posts, when i only stated my opinion that the current subbing system was stupid, you responded by saying "ITS NOT ONLY ABOUT YOU". Where i come from that is suggesting i am selfish.

That was before you said that you didn't care if anybody else has a sub. The way you pointed it out, it sounded like you wanted to change the subbing system - and since we are 12 people and you simply called the system stupid and requested we change it I had to point out to you that it's not only about you but about what all of us think.

Forget it, it's done. All water under the bridge.

x13radx
10-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Anyone else fancy a few races tonight?

Im just setting up my racing wheel (ITS FIXED!) and I should be good to go in 5-10 minutes.

daenius
10-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Anyone else fancy a few races tonight?

Im just setting up my racing wheel (ITS FIXED!) and I should be good to go in 5-10 minutes.

oh noez, the wheel is fixed?

well, that means you will dominate us even more in each race from now on :)

I'd love to do some races, although I am watching the first half of Madrid - Milan, if it's boring, I'll send you a msg on Live!

x13radx
10-19-2010, 06:50 PM
oh noez, the wheel is fixed?

well, that means you will dominate us even more in each race from now on :)

I'd love to do some races, although I am watching the first half of Madrid - Milan, if it's boring, I'll send you a msg on Live!

Haha, I hope so. My controller was sucking big time last night (Yes, it was all my controller's fault).

I am just popping out for a bit, hut will be back by 8PM so if anyone else wants to race, then just drop me a message.

pined5551
10-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Oh dear, Brad has his wheel :( LOL

Bit off topic but i started my season on Expert for the achievement toady with McLaren. won first two races :) Hope it continues like this :)

LFC2K6
10-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Oh dear, Brad has his wheel :( LOL

Bit off topic but i started my season on Expert for the achievement toady with McLaren. won first two races :) Hope it continues like this :)

I've been forced into driving for Ferrari in my career :(

pined5551
10-20-2010, 11:26 AM
I've been forced into driving for Ferrari in my career :(

Haha, if that were me id skip to race every race and wreck, thus flying through carrer in an hour and sign with Virgin again. I wonder who would make an offer in that situation. Out of principle i will never drive a Ferrari!

x13radx
10-20-2010, 12:35 PM
OK, to clear up some things last night;

1) I DID NOT let LFC win Singapore or purposely let him overtake on Catalunya. The wire from my pedals to the steering wheel had come out so could steer out of the way while I put it back in. As for Singapore, I was having some really bad lag issues and LFC was all over the place, so to avoid collision I dropped back a little bit.

2) Those races last night were the laggiest ive ever been in to be honest, although I think it was mainly that Aitchi's guys fault because he is Welsh.

3) I quit on Valencia because as soon as we started that Kempy guy got right behind me and spun me on the first corner, then the second corner he smashed into me full force and my front right tyre burst. As I started accelerating out someone else hit into the side of me and then I ended up hitting the wall (albeit at only about 60 mpH) and my front wheel shot off.

I ended up rage quitting as you could tell, plus I didnt realise it was so late because I had to be up at 6 this morning too.

I have broke up for half-term now, so will be on till early hours tonight.

ALSO, last night I was driving without Force Feedback on my wheel because I seem to have lost the power lead. Thats why I was very very erratic, its tough to judge speed when you can turn the wheel easily. Also, as for my insane driving last night, just needed to "experiment", as I do love my insane overtaking manoevures (even if I do take out most people who I attempt them on), so sorry Daenius for Monaco.

I am never as erratic on race day's though, so don't worry about me on race day's, im much more subdued.

daenius
10-20-2010, 01:58 PM
3) I quit on Valencia because as soon as we started that Kempy guy got right behind me and spun me on the first corner, then the second corner he smashed into me full force and my front right tyre burst. As I started accelerating out someone else hit into the side of me and then I ended up hitting the wall (albeit at only about 60 mpH) and my front wheel shot off.

I would've done so, too. These guys were fuckfaces.

Another one of these "iKempy, iWhatever" guys got into 1st place after I pitted, and after I gained about 2 secs per lap on him, he slowed down and crashed me into the wall while I was doing 290 and of course my car was totaled.

This is exactly why I am so unbelievably grateful that we're doing our weekly races - at least with you guys I know that everybody is driving fair.

Also, as for my insane driving last night, just needed to "experiment", as I do love my insane overtaking manoevures (even if I do take out most people who I attempt them on), so sorry Daenius for Monaco.

Haha it's cool man, I love your crazy maneuvers - even if I could smack you for them sometimes :D

But that's what makes you the crazy fast cat you are :)

x13radx
10-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Haha it's cool man, I love your crazy maneuvers - even if I could smack you for them sometimes :D

But that's what makes you the crazy fast cat you are :)

Haha, I just need to find my best overtaking zone on Monaco, and "usually" I find it is that corner, as often the driver will leave a bit of room, but you were a bit too good and cut in faster than I thought.

Up for a few more races later on, I will have my mic as well tonight, my brother was in a GameBattles match last night on Halo Reach so needed it.

pined5551
10-20-2010, 05:15 PM
My expert carrer is giving me a headache. I've never really had a problem with cars not pitting. Fucking Algusharia didnt pit in China and so i finished 3 seconds behind him and got 2nd (2nd in Malaysia too). This pissed me off to no end as i knew i wouldn't score a point in either Catalunya or Monaco. So now on to Turkey, im 8 points behind Webber and i recon i can win the next 3 races so here goes, lol.

x13radx
10-20-2010, 08:06 PM
My expert carrer is giving me a headache. I've never really had a problem with cars not pitting. Fucking Algusharia didnt pit in China and so i finished 3 seconds behind him and got 2nd (2nd in Malaysia too). This pissed me off to no end as i knew i wouldn't score a point in either Catalunya or Monaco. So now on to Turkey, im 8 points behind Webber and i recon i can win the next 3 races so here goes, lol.

Yeah, I hate it when they don't pit.

I was right behind Schumacher on Australia just waiting for him to pit so I could get my first career win on Expert. With 2 laps to go he still had'nt pitted, and although I closed the gap a little, he won without pitting (I know as he started behind me on Primes, and finished on Primes).

EDIT: By the way, im online now if anyone fancies a race.

LFC2K6
10-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Haha, if that were me id skip to race every race and wreck, thus flying through carrer in an hour and sign with Virgin again. I wonder who would make an offer in that situation. Out of principle i will never drive a Ferrari!

Believe me, I'm not happy about it!
It got to Abu Dhabi, I had an offer from Force India & Lotus. So, I planned to finish Abu Dhabi and accept Force Indias' offer. The screen came up, I moved to the contract section, rejected Lotus, then looked and there was no Force India offer any more! The only offer I had left was from Ferrari so it was either them or start again :(

Can't be bothered with another season on top of the 7 I'm going to do at the moment, so I'm at Ferrari until I get an offer from Renault, then I'm off to them for the remainder :)

OK, to clear up some things last night;

1) I DID NOT let LFC win Singapore or purposely let him overtake on Catalunya. The wire from my pedals to the steering wheel had come out so could steer out of the way while I put it back in. As for Singapore, I was having some really bad lag issues and LFC was all over the place, so to avoid collision I dropped back a little bit.

2) Those races last night were the laggiest ive ever been in to be honest, although I think it was mainly that Aitchi's guys fault because he is Welsh.

I ended up rage quitting as you could tell, plus I didnt realise it was so late because I had to be up at 6 this morning too.

I have broke up for half-term now, so will be on till early hours tonight.

ALSO, last night I was driving without Force Feedback on my wheel because I seem to have lost the power lead. Thats why I was very very erratic, its tough to judge speed when you can turn the wheel easily. Also, as for my insane driving last night, just needed to "experiment", as I do love my insane overtaking manoevures (even if I do take out most people who I attempt them on), so sorry Daenius for Monaco.

I am never as erratic on race day's though, so don't worry about me on race day's, im much more subdued.

1) Legitimate victories FTW! :D
2) lol
3) Yeah, those guys ended up taking us all out 1 by 1. They were probably just helping the guy in 1st win, but it was annoying as hell. None of us finished that race.

Finally, you think using force feedback makes you faster?
Because I have the wheel and have never used it on this game, mainly due to not having a plug left in my room for it, but I could make room for it.
Do love the wheel though :D

x13radx
10-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Finally, you think using force feedback makes you faster?
Because I have the wheel and have never used it on this game, mainly due to not having a plug left in my room for it, but I could make room for it.
Do love the wheel though :D

Well, i've been so used to using the Force Feedback that it felt really strange to not be using it.

LFC2K6
10-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Well, i've been so used to using the Force Feedback that it felt really strange to not be using it.

I'm also thinking Force Feedback will shorten the lifespan of the wheel, unless I stop crashing so much!
Understeer is annoying without it though, as I can have the wheel fully turned without anything going on, on screen.

pined5551
10-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Anyone fancy doing a 75% distance practice on China tonight? Just pack it out with AI on Pro or something if not alot of people want to.

daenius
10-22-2010, 03:51 PM
Anyone fancy doing a 75% distance practice on China tonight? Just pack it out with AI on Pro or something if not alot of people want to.

Count me in for this, what time are you thinking?

pined5551
10-22-2010, 04:35 PM
Half 7?? Should give me time to do Monza and Singapore in SP first. Think i may win my expert Championship this season :D

x13radx
10-22-2010, 04:35 PM
SUre, I will be on.

daenius
10-22-2010, 04:45 PM
I'll be a liiiittle late, around 6.45!

pined5551
10-22-2010, 05:05 PM
so thats 7 45 for me then?

x13radx
10-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Ill be on from around 7...

daenius
10-22-2010, 05:58 PM
so thats 7 45 for me then?

Actually, I'm 1 hour ahead, so it's 7.45 for me, I just thought I'd post this in GMT from the get-go :D

I'm on now.

x13radx
10-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Actually, I'm 1 hour ahead, so it's 7.45 for me, I just thought I'd post this in GMT from the get-go :D

I'm on now.

I've just come on too, so invite me & pined and anyone else online into a party while I get my wheel set up. :D

LFC2K6
10-23-2010, 11:31 PM
May be a tad late for tomorrows race.
I'm going to the Blackburn game(unfortunately) so I have no idea how fast I can get home from Anfield. Will try my best though!

pined5551
10-24-2010, 12:05 AM
May be a tad late for tomorrows race.
I'm going to the Blackburn game(unfortunately) so I have no idea how fast I can get home from Anfield. Will try my best though!

Cheers for letting us know, im guessing 20 past 7 is the latest we'll be able to hold out for you though.

Shelton
10-24-2010, 12:57 AM
I've been meaning to ask, why do we have reduced flags? Everything else is geared towards being as realistic as possible, yet we can corner cut all day and not get a penalty... With reduced flags, there are no drive through penalties, no blue flags. Yes, it would suck if you got black flagged on the first corner, but the same could be said of totalling your car.

If this has already been discussed and decided upon, ignore this, or maybe point me in the right direction.

pined5551
10-24-2010, 02:29 AM
I've been meaning to ask, why do we have reduced flags? Everything else is geared towards being as realistic as possible, yet we can corner cut all day and not get a penalty... With reduced flags, there are no drive through penalties, no blue flags. Yes, it would suck if you got black flagged on the first corner, but the same could be said of totalling your car.

If this has already been discussed and decided upon, ignore this, or maybe point me in the right direction.

We started out with realistic flags, but i think the majority decision was that the game is too sensitive, and they're given to the wrong people, if someone goes into the back of me due to a botched overtake attempt, i get the penalty for a caused collision. It got silly, dozens of drive throughs and many time penalties, many of which would not have been issued in real life. With reduced, you still get drive throughs as DSQ for cutting corners if its excessive or repeated, but it's a bit more lienient and more enjoyable.

daenius
10-24-2010, 06:00 AM
We started out with realistic flags, but i think the majority decision was that the game is too sensitive, and they're given to the wrong people, if someone goes into the back of me due to a botched overtake attempt, i get the penalty for a caused collision. It got silly, dozens of drive throughs and many time penalties, many of which would not have been issued in real life. With reduced, you still get drive throughs as DSQ for cutting corners if its excessive or repeated, but it's a bit more lienient and more enjoyable.

Exactly.

In terms of corner cutting it tolerates more, but just like Pined said - at the end of the day, realistic flags do more harm than good.

Same with a yellow flag when a crash happens with a "no overtaking" and you're like a second behind the crash can't brake on time and get a penalty.

By the way - ohsheeeet, it's raining in South Korea, this GP is going to be insane!

LFC2K6
10-24-2010, 06:10 AM
Anyone else watching?
Race will start behind the safety car as the rain is quite heavy now.
1st few laps will be very interesting!

LFC2K6
10-24-2010, 07:58 AM
Finally underway and Webber & Rosberg out. This is the best thing that can happen for a close championship race. All is needed now is Alonso 1st, Vettel 2nd, Hamilton 3rd and things will be very interesting!

LFC2K6
10-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Vettel out too now! What did I say? Alonso has all the momentum now, Hamilton making a big move this race too.

daenius
10-24-2010, 09:15 AM
Ridiculous race, I was praying for Alonso to make a mistake until the end...

Nothing's done yet, Vettel and Webber still have a chance.

Did you see the intermediates at the end of the race? There was no profile whatsoever left, unbelievable...

LFC2K6
10-24-2010, 09:27 AM
Ridiculous race, I was praying for Alonso to make a mistake until the end...

Nothing's done yet, Vettel and Webber still have a chance.

Did you see the intermediates at the end of the race? There was no profile whatsoever left, unbelievable...

The tyres were basically bald, no wonder there were so many DNF!

This put Vettel basically out of the running, with only 2 races left they have to now favour Webber for any chance of catching Alonso.
The driver to watch now will probably be Button, he will still be fast enough to cause a problem for all in the hunt. It will be interesting to see how Mclaren use him.

Very good race though.

daenius
10-24-2010, 09:35 AM
The tyres were basically bald, no wonder there were so many DNF!

This put Vettel basically out of the running, with only 2 races left they have to now favour Webber for any chance of catching Alonso.
The driver to watch now will probably be Button, he will still be fast enough to cause a problem for all in the hunt. It will be interesting to see how Mclaren use him.

Very good race though.

I don't think anyone is out of the running, at least for Sao Paolo.

If Webber wins it like last year and Vettel stays behind Alonso, then they'll have to go with Webber for the last race - but there's no reason for anybody to put it to rest yet.

LFC2K6
10-24-2010, 09:44 AM
I don't think anyone is out of the running, at least for Sao Paolo.

If Webber wins it like last year and Vettel stays behind Alonso, then they'll have to go with Webber for the last race - but there's no reason for anybody to put it to rest yet.

Mathematically no, but realistically there's only 3 drivers who can win it.
Though I doubt Vettel will yield to Webber at all. Which will be interesting if it comes to Vettel getting pole again

o H i T M a N z
10-24-2010, 09:45 AM
It seems a 3 horse race now between Alonso Webber & Hamilton.

Vettel and Button are'nt mathematically out, but realistically they are. It would take more DNF's from the others for these two to win.

daenius
10-24-2010, 09:54 AM
You can't be talking about realistically when there's still a possibility to be champion for both Vettel and Hamilton.

There's no such thing as "realistically" in F1. All it takes is a botched pit stop for Alonso (just like what happened today) and a no-points finish, a win by Vettel and he is back in the hunt.

Of course the possibility of being world champion is much smaller for Vettel and Hamilton, but who knew that Vettel would lose 4 cylinders of his motor, Red Bull had the most resilient car all season long and they still had a motor malfunction.

Anything can happen.

Now if this would've happened in Sao Paolo and there was only 1 race to go, I would see this differently, but I just think that you can't jump to any conclusions yet.

o H i T M a N z
10-24-2010, 09:58 AM
You can't be talking about realistically when there's still a possibility to be champion for both Vettel and Hamilton.

To be honest it is unrealistic to say that next week Hamilton, Alonso & Webber will DNF, and Vettel or Button will win it.

LFC2K6
10-24-2010, 10:11 AM

There's no such thing as "realistically" in F1. All it takes is a botched pit stop for Alonso (just like what happened today) and a no-points finish, a win by Vettel and he is back in the hunt.

Of course the possibility of being world champion is much smaller for Vettel and Hamilton, but who knew that Vettel would lose 4 cylinders of his motor, Red Bull had the most resilient car all season long and they still had a motor malfunction.

Anything can happen.

Now if this would've happened in Sao Paolo and there was only 1 race to go, I would see this differently, but I just think that you can't jump to any conclusions yet.

Unless Alonso gets a DNF, I don't see button or Vettel winning. With only 2 races left you have to choose your driver and push him. Ferrari did a long time ago, Mclaren will do for Brazil. The key issue is red bull.

Vettel is clearly the fastest man in F1 right now, but is 14 points down on webber. While a red bull 1-2 the next 2 races will win them the title, I'm pretty sure they will take each other off the track in pushing for the win.

The other 2 have a team mate to support them, however in red bull the team mate is now an enemy. This is why I think Vettel is out of it, the team should help push Webber forward as he has the most points. But Vettel seems to have an "I'm either going to win or take you out" attitude. I do like this but I think it will cost him

daenius
10-24-2010, 10:13 AM
To be honest it is unrealistic to say that next week Hamilton, Alonso & Webber will DNF, and Vettel or Button will win it.

Why is it unrealistic to say that Vettel can win the race? He would have won today if it wasn't for his motor malfunction and additionally, Red Bull won Sao Paolo last year, so if the car holds up both Webber and Vettel have a realistic shot at winning the race.

And why are you talking about HAM/ALO and WEB DNFing? Points are only awarded until 10th place, so like I said, all that it takes is a botched pit stop, motor malfunction or whatever for each of these guys and the championship is wide open again.

If Vettel wins next week and Alonso finishes 4th, he is within 12 points of Alonso.

Vettel is clearly the fastest man in F1 right now, but is 14 points down on webber. While a red bull 1-2 the next 2 races will win them the title, I'm pretty sure they will take each other off the track in pushing for the win.

The other 2 have a team mate to support them, however in red bull the team mate is now an enemy. This is why I think Vettel is out of it, the team should help push Webber forward as he has the most points. But Vettel seems to have an "I'm either going to win or take you out" attitude. I do like this but I think it will cost him

Not even Red Bull is that stupid ;)

o H i T M a N z
10-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Why is it unrealistic to say that Vettel can win the race? He would have won today if it wasn't for his motor malfunction and additionally, Red Bull won Sao Paolo last year, so if the car holds up both Webber and Vettel have a realistic shot at winning the race.

I am of the opinion that with Button 40 points behind with 50 available that he will not win the championship, i also believe that with Vettell being nearly 30 points behind that he will also not win the championship.

But there is clearly no point in my even bothering to voice my opinion around you, because you will always make out im saying something different and i need to remember "NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT ME".

daenius
10-24-2010, 10:51 AM
But there is clearly no point in my even bothering to voice my opinion around you, because you will always make out im saying something different and i need to remember "NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT ME".

Really? Ever heard of a discussion? I do have a different opinion on this than you and LFC, so why can't I state it?

But thanks, you really showed me what an insecure, childish, shallow-minded prick you are.

o H i T M a N z
10-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Really? Ever heard of a discussion? I do have a different opinion on this than you and LFC, so why can't I state it?

But thanks, you really showed me what an insecure, childish, shallow-minded prick you are.

I have heard of a discussion, its something you cant seem to have with me, you have to keep telling me im wrong or make out im saying something i am not.

Maybe you just dont understand the English language very well, which is understandable, even alot of the English dont :)

As for insults over the internet, im not even gonna bother stooping that low

LFC2K6
10-24-2010, 11:11 AM
I have heard of a discussion, its something you cant seem to have with me, you have to keep telling me im wrong or make out im saying something i am not.

Maybe you just dont understand the English language very well, which is understandable, even alot of the English dont :)

To be fair, he speaks English a lot better than you could speak Austrian.
It seemed to me that all he did was differ in opinion to you, like he did with me & you instantly thought he's picking on you.

Everyone has their own opinion, if you disagree talk it out like adults do. Don't just assume because he doesn't agree with you he doesn't like you.

o H i T M a N z
10-24-2010, 11:18 AM
To be fair, he speaks English a lot better than you could speak Austrian.

Once again i have not said he cant speak english, nor did i say i could speak Austrian.

It seemed to me that all he did was differ in opinion to you, like he did with me & you instantly thought he's picking on you.

And its not the first time he has done this, so yes it does seem like he enjoys, to quote you ... picking on me

daenius
10-24-2010, 11:21 AM

Please search for a sentence containing the words "YOU ARE WRONG" and post it so I know I said it.

All I did was tell you what my opinion is, I just don't think that you can jump to conclusions and say Vettel will not win the next race.
How in the world is that telling you you're wrong?

You just seem inclined to play the victim ever since you completely misunderstood the point I was trying to make concerning your suggestion about the subbing system.
I wrote you multiple messages over Live saying I don't want to fight over this and told you to let it be over - I didn't get ANY kind of answer from you, and now you start being a complete asshole and try putting the blame on me for saying something in an argument where both of us didn't quite get what the other was saying?
Let me tell you what that is - that's being ignorant in every way possible; the exact thing you have been disputing all the time and have been accusing me of calling you.

And as far as not stooping as low as insulting someone over the internet goes - good point, after you just insulted me saying I don't seem to understand the english language. That's really subtle, congratulations.

Just let it slide and accept - I'm sorry - PLEASE accept that even though we had our differences, I have no problem letting it go and having a normal discussion without anybody accusing the other of something that happened a week ago.

Thank you.

And its not the first time he has done this, so yes it does seem like he enjoys, to quote you ... picking on me

No I don't. If I did pick on you, I have never done so deliberately and I am sorry.

o H i T M a N z
10-24-2010, 11:32 AM
.All I did was tell you what my opinion is, I just don't think that you can jump to conclusions and say Vettel will not win the next race.

I seriously believe that either, you do not understand fully what i am writing, or you just dont read it properly, because once again that is not what i said.

Yes it is perfectly possible for Vettel to win a race :)

What i said was i cant see Vettell winning AND the other 3 championship contenders finshing out of the points or not finishing at all, because that is what Vettell would need to bridge the 20+ point gap.

Noddee 1984
10-24-2010, 12:14 PM
OMG god get a grip of yourselfs. everyone has a diff opinion. so leave it at that.

x13radx
10-24-2010, 12:41 PM
OK...........well

Anyway, I will be on a bit earlier tonight (About 6-ish) if anyone wants a few practice sessions or something.

Noddee 1984
10-24-2010, 02:05 PM
i aont had the time to practise today cause it the wee mans bday so not sure how this is gona go for me

o H i T M a N z
10-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Im on for the rest of the day now, getting used to traction control in career mode, hopefully it will give me the extra second a lap i need to keep up with the 4 of you at the top, usually Brad, Pined, Noddee & Daenius. Hopefully the car should spin a little less aswell

x13radx
10-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Im on for the rest of the day now, getting used to traction control in career mode, hopefully it will give me the extra second a lap i need to keep up with the 4 of you at the top, usually Brad, Pined, Noddee & Daenius. Hopefully the car should spin a little less aswell

I have switched traction control to "Medium" for tonight's race, as China is such a bumpy track and I often spin with it "off".

daenius
10-24-2010, 03:15 PM

You'll feel like you're in heaven!

I set it from medium to full a couple of weeks ago because I was also spinning out quite a lot, and it's so much more comfortable.

o H i T M a N z
10-24-2010, 03:20 PM
You'll feel like you're in heaven!

I set it from medium to full a couple of weeks ago because I was also spinning out quite a lot, and it's so much more comfortable.

Ive have only done two races with you guys, both times a got lapped near the end by the leader and finished 4th & 5th, if traction control can give me a second a lap and i can cut down on the spins lol which is usually about once every 10 laps with no assists, i reckon i can keep up with you later :)

x13radx
10-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Ive have only done two races with you guys, both times a got lapped near the end by the leader and finished 4th & 5th, if traction control can give me a second a lap and i can cut down on the spins lol which is usually about once every 10 laps with no assists, i reckon i can keep up with you later :)

We will see. :)

@Daenius: Do you have MSN? Need to go over some of these point totals with you...

pined5551
10-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Chillout guys, lol.

Webber must win in Brazil, with Vettel (and hopefully Hamilton) in between him and Alonso no better than 4th, then he just has to score in front of Alonso in Abu Dahbi and not be too far back in the points (i.e, better than say 6th) and he'll win the title. Today was a total disaster, there is no question of that. But it will be interesting to see how much longer that Ferrari engine can last, its gonna have to endure a total of 6 or 7 races, which have included Monza & Korea. That engine must be dying! It has too!

---------

Also if you guys want to come to some sort of agreement as to what assists to allow and what not to i am happy with that. I'll openly admit to having traction on full during multiplayer simply as its a dissadvantage to not have it on when there is a simple non penalty based reason to choose to have it on (not sure if there sentence makes sense, lol, but you get what i mean haha). Why wouldnt you have it on if you have a choice. It would be interesting to lock the settings to have it off, i would prefer it actually, it makes if fairer.

o H i T M a N z
10-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Webber must win in Brazil, with Vettel (and hopefully Hamilton) in between him and Alonso no better than 4th, then he just has to score in front of Alonso in Abu Dahbi and not be too far back in the points (i.e, better than say 6th) and he'll win the title. Today was a total disaster, there is no question of that. But it will be interesting to see how much longer that Ferrari engine can last, its gonna have to endure a total of 6 or 7 races, which have included Monza & Korea. That engine must be dying! It has too!

Even though i like Webber it was good he crashed todaybecause i wanted Lewis & Jenson to finish as high up as possible, great that Vettell's engine blew, only dissapointment was the same thing didnt happen to Alonso.

daenius
10-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Also if you guys want to come to some sort of agreement as to what assists to allow and what not to i am happy with that. I'll openly admit to having traction on full during multiplayer simply as its a dissadvantage to not have it on when there is a simple non penalty based reason to choose to have it on (not sure if there sentence makes sense, lol, but you get what i mean haha). Why wouldnt you have it on if you have a choice. It would be interesting to lock the settings to have it off, i would prefer it actually, it makes if fairer.

Well, I think disallowing it would basically make our championship a battle between you and Brad with everybody else being 3-4 laps behind each race haha :D

Let's talk about it after tonight's race!

x13radx
10-24-2010, 04:28 PM
http://s608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/AmpedExport/x360a%20World%20Championship/1-Bahrain.jpg
http://s608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/AmpedExport/x360a%20World%20Championship/2-Australia.jpg
http://s608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/AmpedExport/x360a%20World%20Championship/3-Malaysia.jpg

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/AmpedExport/x360a%20World%20Championship/3-Malaysia-1.jpg

I will be adding each race's graphic after each race, and also updating the overall standings too.

daenius
10-24-2010, 04:31 PM
I will be adding each race's graphic after each race, and also updating the overall standings too.

Thanks again Brad! Looks great!

If you send me the pics to my email adress after each race I'll incorporate them into the standings on the front page!

x13radx
10-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Thanks again Brad! Looks great!

If you send me the pics to my email adress after each race I'll incorporate them into the standings on the front page!

OK, will do. If I get a bit of spare time might do some more work on them.

pined5551
10-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Those are fucking awesome brad!!! :d

x13radx
10-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Ah fuck sake, my god damn Internet decides to cut out on me just as we start. Tried messaging Daenius to see if we could restart but I knew you wouldnt.

abspur
10-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Great race tonight guys. Pretty uneventful for me as the complete lack of grip and understeer effectively undid all my progress. Still hopefully things will get better next time.

daenius
10-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Once more a great race.

Qualifying in the wet, I came in 8th and managed to get up to 2nd during the GP in the dry on primes, since Pined got held back 15-20 seconds in the pit lane for no reason at all.

After 28 laps, out of nowhere my back left tyre had a puncture and I had to pit 2 laps earlier than I wanted.

Then, my pit crew fucked me over. Changing the tyres to options took 5 seconds, and for some reason the fucking lollipop man didn't let me get out of the pit for 15 more seconds (there was no car in the pit lane), so I came back onto the track being 8th or 9th and slowly raced my way back to 5th.

I was about 4 seconds behind Hitman and LFC when all of my tyres went orange around lap 38/42, so I had to take it easy and drive the car home for 5th place.

I really hope the patch will hit XBL in 1-2 weeks, because it's getting really annoying just getting fucked over by AI mistakes all the time.

Looking forward to Catalunya, and in 2 weeks time, MONACO :D

Noddee 1984
10-24-2010, 10:49 PM
to be honest brad i wud hav loved it to restart i was on a wet setup the hole race was 3secs slower but rekon i wud hav been up near the front if i had the right setup.

Shelton
10-24-2010, 11:54 PM
I qualified well in the rain, slipping into fourth. The first turn--the long sweeping right hander--was quite perilous. I made it around in third, due to a few people going wide. Brad and Pined quickly built a couple second lead, however, Brad got disconnected from the race. :( I was cruising around in second, chasing Pined, though not making much of a dent in his lead.

This went on for five laps. Coming down the home straight towards the first turn, I see Pined's dot, stopped. He had spun. In my effort to try and get in front of him before he got back on track, I went too deep into the first turn. As I was getting my car back on track, the rear flicked out, leading to a spin. I hit reverse, attempting to whip the car around. Unfortunately I ended up in Daenius' path. Sorry. He got through ok thankfully.

Down in sixth, now chasing Noddee. On the straights, he just doesn't have the speed (due to his setup). I get in his slipstream, rocket by, but brake too late for the hairpin. I do this two laps in a row. Lap 11 I spin, pushing me down to 9th. On the 12th lap, I pit, due to last weeks punctures, I didn't want to take any chances. On the primes and in last, I had a lot of work ahead of me.

Pushing hard, a couple of people pit. Into 7th. A few errors see abspur overtake me. During the next 5-10 laps we are neck-a-neck. Our battle would eventually end because of a spin (abspur). I didn't see him for the rest of the race. I did at one stage move up into 6th, when Daenius got held up in the pits. He was on options and I was on primes however, so he was far quicker.

I finished in 7th. Disappointing after the start I had. Feel I could have done much better. Points are points though I guess. Good race everyone. Congrats to Slowinfastout, winning in his first race with us.

x13radx
10-25-2010, 02:17 PM
I will get the race graphics uploaded soon, having problems with my internet at the moment.

Crazy BigGaz
10-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi,

I would like to quit the Championship, due to not having enough time etc...
So I will not be able to do anymore races, sorry.

LFC2K6
10-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Okay now my turn. Should be a lot easier now I've had some sleep!

My race wasn't as eventful as it usually is, for once, everything went kind of according to plan!

Having qualified in 6th(was mainly me re-learning the track) I was thinking I would be in a good position after the 1st corner if I played it safe. So I held off, actually moving into 8th at one point, but took the corner almost perfectly.
I did come out of the corner in 5th, and from this point I wasn't overtaken for the remaining 42 laps!

I was behind the Slowin, Tully, Pined & Daenius group for several laps, slowly gaining on them. Tully then spun out and I breezed past into 4th. I was now almost within touching distance, when Daenius slightly lost control I went straight onto the back of his car.

I stuck with him for a few laps, but never got the hang of the hairpin and so he started to pull away from me until I could no longer see him. After this I settled into my rhythm and continually posted 1:41 laps throughout the race. Some point around the 17th lap, Pined came in for his pit stop, where he had limiter issues, so I passed him and on I went. I think he got pushed down to 6th/7th so I didn't think I'd see him for a few laps.

It was then around the 23rd lap I heard Daenius shout "I have a puncture!"
Knowing this would force him into an early pit stop, I turned my engine up to fast and went like hell to overtake him before he went in the pits, which I just managed, but this turned out not to matter as his lollipop man held him up far too long and I moved up into 2nd place. I was back in to a position of not being near anyone and just plodding along.

Stayed like that for a couple of laps, until I notice a dot rapidly catching me up, I then heard from Noddee that this was Pined going like hell. Knowing I was due to pit-in at the end of that lap, I decided to maintain speed and not do anything stupid. Came into the pits on lap 26/27 to put on my Option tyres at which point Pined came past.
I knew Noddee and Hitman were also right on me, I just had to hope to make it out of the pit lane before them. I ended up coming out right on the back of Noddee and just in front of Hitman.
With Noddee on the wrong set-up and prime tyres and still needing to pit, I knew it wouldn't take too long to get past, I got him just on the start finish straight that same lap. It was a strange one though, I built up speed behind him and then moved to the right to move past him. As I did, he kind of appeared inside my car, with me inside his.
We drifted apart and then that was the last I saw of him as he pitted the same lap.

From then I put in about 7 laps of 1:38/9 building a big lead over Hitman behind me. It was then my problems started, on lap 36 all my option tyres had turned yellow, with Daenius(who pitted several laps before me) reporting only 2 yellows.
I set my engine to Cruise and started being extra careful around the track to save the tyres. Lap 39 now and my tyres seemed to have calmed down, but now Hitman had reappeared on my radar and he was closing quite fast.
At the start of lap 41, he was about 2 secs behind me, but still closing (I was trying to both speed up and be careful at the same time) so I had no choice but to set me engine back to fast and keep him behind me. All the time thoughts running through my mind telling me if he passes me, just let it go and take 4th.
But braking for the hairpin on lap 41 turned my last tyre orange, and by halfway through the last lap 3 of them were red(in my panic for staying ahead I was riding kerbs like crazy) at this point I knew, it was over with one mistake. But Hitman was literally almost touching my car on the long straight. I broke unbelievably early for that hairpin, and took the corner very tight to be safe.
Luckily Hitman wasn't as fast through it as I was and I held on, coming through the finish line as my last tyre went red and with a massive sigh of relief I could be happy with my undeserved 3rd podium!

1 more lap though and Hitman may have had me, I've never driven with red tyres, but I imagine it would be a real struggle.

x13radx
10-25-2010, 03:33 PM
1 more lap though and Hitman may have had me, I've never driven with red tyres, but I imagine it would be a real struggle.

I seem to find that once a tyre goes red you have around 2 laps left before they puncture on 75%.

x13radx
10-25-2010, 03:51 PM
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/AmpedExport/x360a%20World%20Championship/4-China-1.jpg

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/AmpedExport/x360a%20World%20Championship/4-China.jpg

daenius
10-25-2010, 04:05 PM
thanks brad.

Some updates:

1. Slowinfastout was in a Mercedes, Hitman was in a Williams

2. Mr Dizzle and Crazy BigGaz are no longer in our championship, both had to drop out due to time constraints.

pined5551
10-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Ok, if everyone else is i'll upload my thoughts on the race. So... I was a little happy that Brad got disconnected haha, sry Brad, i'll be honest here :P I had a fantastic start having jumped from 5th to 1st by corner 3. Then Brad left, lol.

Anyway, i was starting to pull out a good lead then had a horrible spin on the first corner when about 10-15 seconds ahead, this was around lap 6 or 7, i was in the wall on the gravel having to reverse back into the track, i screwed this up and tried driving forward again too early and had to reverse again (3 point turn style lol). After finally getting back on the track, i was a bit frustrated with myself and then did the exact same thing on the second part of the first corner (corner 2 you could say, lol) By this time Slowinfastout was right on me, and Noddee i think it was was asking my i was driving backwards haha, lol.

After that Slow' and I had some great toe to toe racing for about 2 laps, then i span again but not so bad this time, i think he then pulled away, i caught up again, more fun racing, then i pitted having been on the soft tyres first, Slow' on the hard compound. After this it was quite uneventful. My pit cost me around 20-30 seconds i think. I was stuck on the entrance travelling at 41 rather than 61, it also slowed me to that far to early. Then on the exit i accelerated away from the stopping point at a rate on 1 mph/second. It was so frustrating. I remember saying 32,33,34,35, dictating my acceleration over the microphone, lol.

Following this i started chassing down Noddee and LFC, this i did quite quickly taking 2-3 seconds a lap out of them, also closing down on Slow. After overtaking Noddee and LFC I continued to lap around a second faster than Slow' until he pitted and put Option tyres on and then i simply couldn't keep pace and he dissappeard from my mini map gradually, lol. 2nd place is Ok, but i think i could have taken first if the pit lane bugs especially hadn't screwed me over. But I stand by Slow' having a great consistent race, well deserved win mate :D

x13radx
10-25-2010, 04:26 PM
thanks brad.

Some updates:

1. Slowinfastout was in a Mercedes, Hitman was in a Williams

2. Mr Dizzle and Crazy BigGaz are no longer in our championship, both had to drop out due to time constraints.

OK, will ammend the table when finished this race.

abspur
10-25-2010, 05:38 PM
I was just wondering if any of you guys would help get my first online ranked win. This achievement is difficult for me because I am not the fastest (I don't have a wheel which puts me at an immediate disadvantage) and with randoms taking you out when in the lead.

x13radx
10-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Sorry, was listening to some music tonight so couldn't be bothered to talk really.

Noddee, as for Korea, I saw you behind me but then I lost sight of you, and next thing I know is I look infront and your starting to turn in. I slam on the brakes, but I have ABS off so I locked up and plowed into you. I got DSQ after that for corner cutting or something, I dunno.

I was generally quite slow tonight as I was'nt really concentrating as much as usual, also I was using controller as could'nt be bothered to get the wheel all set up.

I will be on tomorrow night again about 10 if you want a few more races, I enjoy racing with you guys.

As for that gray bloke, I sent him a message too calling him a plank (Well, something like that ;)) and I also got a message refering to a bell's end. :D

Noddee 1984
10-26-2010, 07:44 AM
I was just wondering if any of you guys would help get my first online ranked win. This achievement is difficult for me because I am not the fastest (I don't have a wheel which puts me at an immediate disadvantage) and with randoms taking you out when in the lead.

send me a FR and i'll help ya mate

o H i T M a N z
10-26-2010, 11:23 AM
I had a decent race, i qualified 4th, i got off the line well and i think i overtook Tully at turn 1 and got into 3rd, but then 3 spins in the first 3 laps pretty much ruined my chances of a top 3 finish.

By lap 4 i was in 8th, i spent from lap 4 to lap 15 making up as much time as i could on the option tyres. By lap 15 i came into the pits in 4th position, i exited the pits in 6th.

The prime tyres manged to last me from lap 15 until the end, i managed to get passed Noddee & Daenius, i was in 4th and spent the last 5 laps with some close racing with LFC, he was on yellow/orange options i think, and i had yellow primes. Unfortunetly for me i didnt get passed him but i feel with 1 more lap i would have, i think i finished within a second of him.

One thing i was not pleased about was when i tried to lap derektaylor, he went wide at turn 1 and cut back onto the track and drove into me. Then again i tried to overtake him at turn 3 and i got driven into again, so i thought screw this, so i pit manouvred him leaving him facing the wrong way, completly ruined my lap. Then i heard Deanius saying that derektaylor just let you passed, i was thinking thanks, you ruin my lap but not the people behind me.

LFC2K6
10-26-2010, 07:09 PM
I should be good for this weekend as well guys.
Though I've just taken a new job so I'm not 100% sure, but for now count me in!

pined5551
10-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Good for this week too. Catalunya, i don't know if im looking forward to it. But we all hate it in carrer, online may be better as there will be no impossibly fast AI to contend with... just Brad lol.

x13radx
10-26-2010, 10:49 PM
Good for this week too. Catalunya, i don't know if im looking forward to it. But we all hate it in carrer, online may be better as there will be no impossibly fast AI to contend with... just Brad lol.

I doubt it, Catalunya (along with Hungary & Korea) is one of my weakest tracks. I will be happy just to finish the race this week.

daenius
10-26-2010, 11:38 PM
I doubt it, Catalunya (along with Hungary & Korea) is one of my weakest tracks. I will be happy just to finish the race this week.

Although I love Barçelona and its football club (as you all know), I absolutely despise this fucking track.

It's gonna be a fun race this week, but not as much fun as Monaco the week after haha. I know for sure that I'm not going to finish that race :D

x13radx
10-27-2010, 10:23 AM
It's gonna be a fun race this week, but not as much fun as Monaco the week after haha. I know for sure that nobody is going to finish that race :D

Fixed.
:D

o H i T M a N z
10-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Im confident Monaco can be my strongest race so far :)

pined5551
10-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Montreal & Singapore and the ones i'm fairly sure i can win on now.

x13radx
10-30-2010, 04:32 PM
So, what is everyone's setup's like for Spain?

I just can not get a setup right for this track, at all....

pined5551
10-30-2010, 06:02 PM
I always just go with minimum downforce.

x13radx
10-30-2010, 07:22 PM
I will have another tinker around tomorrow, I think I might finish last tomorrow at this rate, plus im going to be on a different xbox console so I wont have my racing wheel (NOOOOOO)

pined5551
10-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Haha, this secretly pleases me Brad :P Although i will be missing a race soon, which by the way i thought it would be Turkey, but i think it'll be Monaco. I'll have to check. Have to go help a mate's parents to move pubs.

x13radx
10-31-2010, 05:43 PM
OK, just got back so I have around 1 hour and a bit to come up with a driving setup I am happy with.

Sorry kids trick-or-treating, but I am putting up a sign saying "I am racing on F1, go away".

:D

x13radx
10-31-2010, 06:17 PM
Finally found a decent setup that seems quite good.

I think that final chicane is going to make-or-break my race tonight...

LFC2K6
10-31-2010, 06:41 PM
Finally found a decent setup that seems quite good.

I think that final chicane is going to make-or-break my race tonight...

I'd put money on there will be a crash at the end of lap 1 there. Everyone will still be quite close together and feeling pressure from behind.
Someone will get twitchy and it will get messy.

x13radx
10-31-2010, 06:52 PM
I'd put money on there will be a crash at the end of lap 1 there. Everyone will still be quite close together and feeling pressure from behind.
Someone will get twitchy and it will get messy.

It's such an awkward turn, as if you take it too tight, you have a high chance of spinning, but if you take it wide you lose around 2 seconds, plus thats not possible if there are 12 of us all cannoning down to it at 100mph.

I also think there will be a crash there too, I just hope im not caught up in it. (I hope that everyone else is though :P)

LFC2K6
10-31-2010, 07:35 PM
Disconnection from XBL during qualification is not fun.
Quite angry right now.

abspur
10-31-2010, 09:00 PM
Great race guys, stayed 6th pretty much the whole way through and managed 41 laps on primes which isn't too bad.

I will have to put some practice in before Monaco as I hate that hairpin.

Shelton
10-31-2010, 09:12 PM
Feel kind of robbed. I was in a battle with abspur for the first 10 or so laps, he got away from me. Come lap 32, I put on the options and I start to run consistent (low) 1:25's. I see abspur is having a few bad laps and the occasional 1:26. I keep pushing. Lap 41 he pits and I move up into 6th. I'm quite confident I would have stayed there, however, in an effort to get out of Daenius' way on lap 45, we collided. Well, to be more precise, he followed me off the racing line and hit me in the arse. From there, I hit the wall. End of race for me.

Very disappointed that I spent an hour racing and got (almost) nothing out of it, but shit happens. No hard feelings.

Next week should be good. Could shake the championship up a bit, as I expect a few DNF and many broken front wings.

pined5551
10-31-2010, 09:14 PM
WOW!!! What fucking luck eh!! Two pit lane exit acceleration bugs and a flat tyre contribute to runing probably one of the best races ever. I had a flat exactly where Lewis Hamilton had it earlier in the year, same tyre, same lap, same corner!!! After having one hell of a lead and to loose it like this just feels so frustrating. I would have won had i not tunrned my engine down for at least 40 laps (due to paranoia about fuel after Partiot's tank emptyed after only 21 laps. If i'd had it turned up for as long as others, i would have pulled out a big enough lead to keep the win. I'll be missing next week too so i guess ill be back in Turkey to exact my revenge.

Also sorry about that bump on the last lap Brad, i tried to outbreak you after making up so much ground in those last two laps and you turned in before i anticipated. On the final lap I was a second up on my best lap in sector 1 alone. I was pushing so flipping hard, i was trying to catch up and pass you like i have never tried before, lol. So until Turkey.... hopefully the patch will have come by then!

x13radx
10-31-2010, 09:15 PM
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/AmpedExport/5-Spain-1.jpg

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/AmpedExport/5-Spain-3.jpg

pined5551
10-31-2010, 09:19 PM
Shit, with me out the way Brad. I'd say Monaco is a more than possible win. That'll put you 1 point ahead as we move to Turkey. 1 DNF each too (if you think of me missing Monaco as DNF etc) This could be a very tight championship :D

abspur
10-31-2010, 09:21 PM
Brad, me and LFC need to be below Hitman as we have less points.

x13radx
10-31-2010, 09:23 PM
WOW!!! What fucking luck eh!! Two pit lane exit acceleration bugs and a flat tyre contribute to runing probably one of the best races ever. I had a flat exactly where Lewis Hamilton had it earlier in the year, same tyre, same lap, same corner!!! After having one hell of a lead and to loose it like this just feels so frustrating. I would have won had i not tunrned my engine down for at least 40 laps (due to paranoia about fuel after Partiot's tank emptyed after only 21 laps. If i'd had it turned up for as long as others, i would have pulled out a big enough lead to keep the win. I'll be missing next week too so i guess ill be back in Turkey to exact my revenge.

Also sorry about that bump on the last lap Brad, i tried to outbreak you after making up so much ground in those last two laps and you turned in before i anticipated. On the final lap I was a second up on my best lap in sector 1 alone. I was pushing so flipping hard, i was trying to catch up and pass you like i have never tried before, lol. So until Turkey.... hopefully the patch will have come by then!

You have no idea what my nerves were like. I knew I had been a lucky b$s%a@d to get ahead, and was contemplating allowing you to pass and win, but im sorry Pined, I need to catch you in the championship and can take no prisoners. :D

I believe I may have loaded the wrong setup, as I have 2 dry setups, a wet setup and an int. setup for Monaco, however when we had our break between the two sessions I started messing with my downforce but at the last minute tried to change it.

You were absolutely flying for most of the race, and I had a few offs later on as I started getting orange tyres. I was a bit annoyed with that Patriot chap, twice he just stopped on the pit straight as I tried to pass him and both times I had to swerve off to miss him, once I even hit the side wall and lost part of my wing.

I also collided with derektaylor as he tried to let me pass, however I didnt get damaged & I doubt he did either.

As for the race, I think I was a right lucky bugger to win tonight, really thought I would struggle no doubt, but thanks to Pined having extremely bad luck, I grabbed the full 25 points.

Can not wait until Monaco next week, it's going to be insane.

x13radx
10-31-2010, 09:34 PM
Brad, me and LFC need to be below Hitman as we have less points.

Yeah sorry, I have changed it now, I think its right...

pined5551
10-31-2010, 09:47 PM
You have no idea what my nerves were like. I knew I had been a lucky b$s%a@d to get ahead, and was contemplating allowing you to pass and win, but im sorry Pined, I need to catch you in the championship and can take no prisoners. :D

Haha, no hard feelings at all mate, as Shelton said 'Shit Happens' :( Trust me, i would have taken the win too. Its a competition after all and there is only 1 winner. Half of F1 is all about opportunistic risks/advantages.strategy alterations etc. Good race all in all.

As you can see, i have managed to calm down a but now. I think it has somthing to do with the fact that i had a shower after the race... or these 4 empty bottles of Bulmers cider next to me now lol. Haha, I am on my way out, honest. I'm not a full blown alcoholic...yet, i am a student after all haha).

daenius
10-31-2010, 10:00 PM
Botched race for me.

First off, I have to apologize to Shelton. I am really, really sorry man; I was getting ready to tell you that I'm going to pass you on the outside, then I saw you kinda slanting over to the outside, tried taking the inside but you were already trying to get out my way and swerved over, too and then the crash happened.
Again, I'm really sorry, I didn't do that on purpose, next time I will just tell you when I will be trying to pass you.

Started the race at 5th position and went into the long right uphill alright, when we got to the tight right turn, I missed the braking zone and tried getting my car back to the middle to take the corner, when Myth and somebody else tried taking the inside and I wound up losing my front wing and getting a 10 sec penalty for whateverthefuck.

Back to the pits in lap 1 and I came out last with being about 15-16 seconds behind Patriot, who was in 9th.

Over the course of the race, I managed to battle myself back to 5th place - towards the end of the race, around lap 45/50, I started closing in on Hitman and could've taken him within 3-4 laps more than the 50 laps, but seeing as I had the 10 second penalty there wasn't much reason to try and push the car to the limit.

5th place that could have very well been a 4th or maybe even 3rd place :(

Good race, though, guys.

Looking forward to Crashaco ;)

Shelton
11-01-2010, 04:54 AM
I know it wasn't intentional. It could have ruined your race too, if you took damage. It was just a really unfortunate accident and a frustrating way to end the race. As I said before though, no hard feelings.

Slowinfastout
11-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Quite a boring race for me last night except for the first few laps. On the 1st lap I braked to late for the 4th corner and ended up in the gravel, after rejoining the track I was in last place. Over the next few laps I made my way up to 4th then had a clear track in front and went about trying to catch up to hitman. Come lap 15 I was behind hitman but I couldn't get passed, then he pitted. So I decided to stay out a couple extra laps to jump him, which worked. From pitting to the end of the race I stayed 3rd with big gaps in front and behind me. Can't wait for monaco next week, hope the teams bring lots of spares.:)

Noddee 1984
11-01-2010, 04:39 PM
is monaco gona be sunday agian cause i cant make sunday every week anymore due to work i wud like to race if possible.

daenius
11-01-2010, 04:51 PM
is monaco gona be sunday agian cause i cant make sunday every week anymore due to work i wud like to race if possible.

every race is on a sunday :(

although we're gonna push back monaco an hour to 8pm GMT and take a one-week break when the championship heads to Turkey the week after because of the F1 races.

I mean, if everybody is ok with Saturday we can reschedule the races to Saturdays also.

x13radx
11-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Well, Saturday or Sunday are easy for me most of the time. Anything I do on Saturday's & Sunday's is usually in the day, plus I don't work weekends anyway...

o H i T M a N z
11-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Quite a dull race for me, i spent most of it alone on the track, but i was pleased with my improvement, i only made 2 mistakes over the 50 laps.

I started 4th got up to 3rd at the first corner, the next 17 laps i spent trying to keep up with Pined & Brad, obviously i FAILED, you two are just on another level.

Pitted lap 17, slowinfastout got past me while i was in the pit lane then i never saw him again.

Finished 4th in the end, i think the main reason i was falling behind was because on lap 35 the sound dissapeared, i thought it was my TV but it was still making the noise when people on my friends list came online, then my game started to jolt and skip, i was missing turnings going wide and stuff like that, the last 15 laps were a challenge, hopefully my disk is not broken.

pined5551
11-01-2010, 06:07 PM
I would very much like it if the race was moved to a Saturday for this week. That way I can race, lol. But of course, only if it suits everyone that is.

Noddee 1984
11-02-2010, 03:24 PM
cud make it saturday this week so me and pined can make it i really want to race in monaco. and i can fill up the room if needed aswell got a few more interested.

I did let them no that the regulars cum first. but they'll be online saturday sunday.

just tring to get this sorted asap so we can get an idea of numbers

daenius
11-02-2010, 03:45 PM
cud make it saturday this week so me and pined can make it i really want to race in monaco. and i can fill up the room if needed aswell got a few more interested.

I did let them no that the regulars cum first. but they'll be online saturday sunday.

just tring to get this sorted asap so we can get an idea of numbers

just sent another msg out on live to all regulars, we'll sort this out asap.

x13radx
11-02-2010, 05:47 PM
... the main reason i was falling behind was because on lap 35 the sound dissapeared, i thought it was my TV but it was still making the noise when people on my friends list came online, then my game started to jolt and skip, i was missing turnings going wide and stuff like that ...

The exact same things happened to me. When I had my first spin of the race (around lap 38 or so) I noticed that my sound had dissapeared completely, and then in the last few laps the game started stuttering quite a bit. Luckily, it subdued for the last 5 or 6 laps...

abspur
11-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Just to add about this weekend, I am more than happy to do Saturdays from the Turkey race. This Saturday I am working and also have a house party so it will be tricky to get on.

Let me know what the final outcome is.

daenius
11-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Pending Brad's decision, everybody is ok with moving the races to Saturday from this week on.

Hitman and derektaylor said they will probably not make every race (me neither, there is at least one SAT where I have to pull out), but everybody else is ok with moving the races to Saturday.

So from now on, races will be held on Saturdays.

This week, we will start at 8pm, so that everybody can watch the qualifying session for the GP in Brazil.

Next week, we will have a break, since the Abu Dhabi sessions as well as GP will start at 7pm.

So Turkey will take place on Saturday, the 20th of November 2010.

I will send out a message to everybody on Live, too.

Cheers.

x13radx
11-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Saturday is fine Daenius.

If we go through the whole season each week with maybe a 1-week break, I can only see me missing 2 races so far.

pined5551
11-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Very happy this is sorted, cheers Daneius. Really happy to be able to race Monaco, as is Noddee i'm sure :D

o H i T M a N z
11-03-2010, 06:15 PM
I usually work every other Saturday, this Saturday im at home, but the week after i will probably be working :(

pined5551
11-03-2010, 06:22 PM
just as well we have a break that week then Hitman, lol.

Noddee 1984
11-04-2010, 02:17 AM
I dont no about u lot but i think we need a wee rule put in for monaco.

The pit exit can be very tight when there a car on the raceing line and you exit the pit. So for this race i suggest that anyone cumin out the pit into traffic dose not cross the yellow line which in monaco runs thru and round the first corner. For those if u thinking this may give u a waring or penatly i will test this b4 the race and get bak to u.

Would like ur thoughts on the matter???

daenius
11-04-2010, 09:05 AM
I dont no about u lot but i think we need a wee rule put in for monaco.

The pit exit can be very tight when there a car on the raceing line and you exit the pit. So for this race i suggest that anyone cumin out the pit into traffic dose not cross the yellow line which in monaco runs thru and round the first corner. For those if u thinking this may give u a waring or penatly i will test this b4 the race and get bak to u.

Would like ur thoughts on the matter???

I tested this yesterday - no warning, no penalty, so we're good.

Noddee 1984
11-04-2010, 09:07 AM
I tested this yesterday - no warning, no penalty, so we're good.

kl need to see wot everyone says for this just makes sense. so time u want to do the practise at tonite???

daenius
11-04-2010, 09:09 AM
kl need to see wot everyone says for this just makes sense. so time u want to do the practise at tonite???

I'd say 6pm your time sounds good.

pined5551
11-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Im there! :p

daenius
11-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Im there! :p

Are you sure you're good with me being there, too? Wouldn't want my awful driving getting in the way of your fast laps :ass

x13radx
11-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Ill be there too! Just drop me an invite and Ill be there.

If you take the proper pit-exit then you dont get a penalty, although I think you do get a warning on realistic flags.

MC B0B x360a
11-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Just out of curiosity, can a couple of the top guys in this league post some tracks and what their times are. I am always interested in racing in a league online but i'd hate to be in the way. I was good at forza but had a guy tuning cars for me and hundreds of hours into the game.

pined5551
11-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Just out of curiosity, can a couple of the top guys in this league post some tracks and what their times are. I am always interested in racing in a league online but i'd hate to be in the way. I was good at forza but had a guy tuning cars for me and hundreds of hours into the game.

You are more than welcome to join us for a race, we are always a couple short of a full game most weekends. If you're free at 8PM this saturday (UK time) and are able to spend a couple of jours playing uninterupted then pop alone, just send Daneius a message and FR. Some of us are quite quick but its not like we proclaim to be the best out there. Its mostly all for fun, lol.

MC B0B x360a
11-04-2010, 04:44 PM
You are more than welcome to join us for a race, we are always a couple short of a full game most weekends. If you're free at 8PM this saturday (UK time) and are able to spend a couple of jours playing uninterupted then pop alone, just send Daneius a message and FR. Some of us are quite quick but its not like we proclaim to be the best out there. Its mostly all for fun, lol.

Thanks for the invite. I think you guys are 4-5 hour ahead of me. That might be naptime for the kids so it might work. If i am on i will send an invite. Also, are the manufactures equal online or will a redbull still be way faster than a virgin.

x13radx
11-04-2010, 06:26 PM

Apart from Me, I proclaim to be the best. :D

Anyway, I will be on around 7PM UK time, having tea right now and then popping out for 20 minutes.

pined5551
11-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the invite. I think you guys are 4-5 hour ahead of me. That might be naptime for the kids so it might work. If i am on i will send an invite. Also, are the manufactures equal online or will a redbull still be way faster than a virgin.

All car performances are equal.

Apart from Me, I proclaim to be the best. :D

Is that why I was around a second a lap faster than you at Catalunya eh! :p Lucky sod! haha.

x13radx
11-04-2010, 06:53 PM
All car performances are equal.

Is that why I was around a second a lap faster than you at Catalunya eh! :p Lucky sod! haha.

:P, I only remember around 4 laps where I was faster on any lap. I was giving you a chance obviously. I did say Catalunya was one of my weakest tracks.

pined5551
11-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Well, Monaco was a mixed outcome, considerably faster than the competition, and if not, then much more consistent at least :D Then again, connection failed at lap 39 :( Better not happen on Saturday!!

x13radx
11-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Well, Monaco could was a mixed outcome, considerably faster than the competition, and if not, then much more consistent at least :D Then again, connection failed at lap 39 :( Better not happen on Saturday!!

I was the only person to finish the race, as blue smarty crashed out with about 10 laps to go. My fastest lap was a nice 1:17.192 which is pretty good. I was'nt giving it my best tonight either, I felt I was 'reserving' myself for Saturday, just need to iron out that last sector and I think I can win this race.

dombareford
11-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Moncaco Practice GP review
ok monaco practice gp was a wreck. 75%(59 laps) distance will damages on. pined x360, brad, patriot, noddee, daenius, abspur and myself started the race with 5 ai cars and high hopes, Noddee qualified 2nd but crashed at the second corner and caused penalties for anyone unlucky enough to run into him. Pined x360 was a clear first and pulling away fast i was second with two ai cars close behind. Abspur left after a few lapsand daenius crashed about lap 10 and Patriot totalled his car around lap15. roughly 10 laps later noddee joined him on the sidelines. After around 35 laps of racinig pined x360 who was a lap and a half ahead of second place, left for an unknown reason(connectivity) with 10 laps to go i was still in second, now with brad ahead of me, but crashed in the tunnel and wrecked the car. brad can safely be declared the winner of this race as the only human to finish, but the important lesson to learn is that around monaco pace is irrelavent if you dont make the chequered flag, a point all would be wise to note in the upcoming grand prix on saturday.

pined5551
11-04-2010, 10:10 PM
I was the only person to finish the race, as blue smarty crashed out with about 10 laps to go. My fastest lap was a nice 1:17.192 which is pretty good. I was'nt giving it my best tonight either, I felt I was 'reserving' myself for Saturday, just need to iron out that last sector and I think I can win this race.

Well, i guess we'll have quite a race on our hands again this weekend. So long as my connection doesn't screw me over, lol. I did a 1.17.8** right before i lost connection, but it was a yellow front wing and engine set to standard on prime tyres. So qualifying should be intense... just dont go into the back of me on the first corner Brad, as you'll most definitley be behind me :p

EDIT: just lost connection again! I need to find out what is causing this GRRR!!!

EDIT 2: Having a total nightmare with this fucking router, reset it a dozen times, luck to get 5 mins connection now!

x13radx
11-04-2010, 11:21 PM
It took me a few laps to get into a decent rhythm, but I think with another little practice tomorrow I should be able to get under 1:17 easily.

I think it should be interesting, as not only do you have to avoid crashing, but also race well, which are two different things altogether.

I think come Saturday I will take it easy for the first 20-30 laps, then the last few I will really give it a go if im not already winning by then. :D

daenius
11-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Moncaco Practice GP review
ok monaco practice gp was a wreck. 75%(59 laps) distance will damages on. pined x360, brad, patriot, noddee, abspur and myself started the race with 5 ai cars and high hopes, Noddee qualified 2nd but crashed at the second corner and caused penalties for anyone unlucky enough to run into him. Pined x360 was a clear first and pulling away fast i was second with two ai cars close behind. Abspur left after a few laps and Patriot totalled his car around lap15. roughly 10 laps later noddee joined him on the sidelines. After around 35 laps of racinig pined x360 who was a lap and a half ahead of second place, left for an unknown reason(connectivity) with 10 laps to go i was still in second, now with brad ahead of me, but crashed in the tunnel and wrecked the car. brad can safely be declared the winner of this race as the only human to finish, but the important lesson to learn is that around monaco pace is irrelavent if you dont make the chequered flag, a point all would be wise to note in the upcoming grand prix on saturday.

I raced, too ;)

I totalled my car in lap 9 or 10, couldn't really concentrate though.