PDA

View Full Version : X360A World Championship - Driver Sign-Up Thread

pined5551
10-04-2010, 05:12 PM
UPDATED: January 7th 2011

Current Players down to compete in the next event; Hockenheim (Race 11)

01. blue smarty
02. Slowinfastout
03. abspur x360a
04. o H i T M a N z
05. Noddee 1984
06. Pined x360a
07. derektaylor84
08. xI BR4D Ix
09. LFC2k6
10. Daenius
11. XxPatriot1xX
12. Tully123

RESERVES

monkeysanddil

TOXiiC TERROR

Mister Saxon

----------------------------------------------------------

Details on World Championship;
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=263904

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ok folks, here is where you need to sign up to take part in the X360A World Championship in F1 2010. Just post a comment with your gamertag below and if we have space in the session then you will be able to race. Please make sure you are available to race and understand what is expected (I.E, clean races, no quiters etc), and be sure to read over the race setup, these are not short races.

How the scoring works;

Points will be allocated just as the game provides them at the end of a race. When it comes to the championship standings overall, see the X360A World Championship thread. Players may compete in just one race here and there, or take part every week.

LFC2K6
10-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Count me in, Gamertag is my username but you already have me as a friend anyway :)

Also if possible, or if we're doing this soon. Can I drive either the Renault(Preferable) or Ferrari. I know it doesn't make a difference to my time but based on the other day I'm going to be near the back and mainly facing the wrong way. So when someone needs to pass me or I spin off in the middle of the road, a bright yellow/red car is nice and easy to see and shout out to move!

Noddee 1984
10-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Current Players down to compete in the next event;

1) Daenius
2) Pined x360a
3) Noddee 1984
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

----------------------------------------------------------

Details on World Championship;
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=263904

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ok folks, here is where you need to sign up to take part in the X360A World Championship in F1 2010. Just post a comment with your gamertag below and if we have space in the session then you will be able to race. Please make sure you are available to race and understand what is expected (I.E, clean races, no quiters etc), and be sure to read over the race setup, these are not short races by any means.

How the scoring works;

Points will be allocated just as the game provides them at the end of a race. When it comes to the championship standings overall, see the X360A World Championship thread. Players may compete in just one race every now and again, or take part every week. This way more than 12 people can be involved. If there are enough people taking part, then two groups of 12 will be created, becoming Groups A & B. This can then create teams, and we can have a constructors championship.

am out for this weekend hav to work will be back the week after so give ma space to sumone else this week. will do every sat after that nae bother

o H i T M a N z
10-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Im definetly up for it, but wont be home until 9pm both this Saturday & Sunday

NUFC_Matty
10-04-2010, 05:51 PM
So up for this
MytH FTW

x13radx
10-04-2010, 06:07 PM
I want in also :D

Crazy BigGaz
10-04-2010, 07:08 PM
I am up for this. Am available on both saturday and sunday.
GT: Crazy BigGaz

Sanction
10-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Oh, I'm so in.

How do we designate teams? If so, I want Lotus. That way, when I win, I'll be beating Ferrari's and McLaren's with human drivers ;)

Fifty Two
10-04-2010, 07:58 PM
im in. doesnt matter what day or time it is.

f1Davii
10-04-2010, 09:10 PM
I'm in. Gamertag is same as username. And if we're designating teams, one of the Ferrari's please :)

pined5551
10-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Count me in, Gamertag is my username but you already have me as a friend anyway :)

Also if possible, or if we're doing this soon. Can I drive either the Renault(Preferable) or Ferrari. I know it doesn't make a difference to my time but based on the other day I'm going to be near the back and mainly facing the wrong way. So when someone needs to pass me or I spin off in the middle of the road, a bright yellow/red car is nice and easy to see and shout out to move!

I'd preffer it if you were in a Ferrari if this is you reasoning. They belong at the back :p

LFC2K6
10-04-2010, 10:39 PM
I'd preffer it if you were in a Ferrari if this is you reasoning. They belong at the back :p

I'd much rather be Renault, they're my team :D
I HATE Ferrari, but if I get stuck with them so be it :(
Now if Lamborghini made a team... *dreams*

Shelton
10-05-2010, 01:25 AM
Seeing how this race is full, if there is enough interest, I will organise the other race. Granted, only if Pined and Daenius are ok with that. Having a 24 player Championship would be very interesting. I'll be creating a tag to house all of the drivers, as there is little room on my FL and I find it easier that way. Won't do this until I get the go-ahead to run the race though.

Fifty Two
10-05-2010, 02:01 AM
if we do make a 2 team constructors championship. what will be the teams? i pick an american!

i felt so yankee-doodle with all the brits the other night haha! i felt like trading my coffee and donuts for some tea and crumpets =p

great racing though!

daenius
10-05-2010, 07:46 AM
Seeing how this race is full, if there is enough interest, I will organise the other race. Granted, only if Pined and Daenius are ok with that. Having a 24 player Championship would be very interesting. I'll be creating a tag to house all of the drivers, as there is little room on my FL and I find it easier that way. Won't do this until I get the go-ahead to run the race though.

Of course, please do!

I'd love to have a 24-player Championship, thanks for stepping up and doing this!

Hopefully it'll work out just the way it did for us last Saturday.

Noddee 1984
10-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Of course, please do!

I'd love to have a 24-player Championship, thanks for stepping up and doing this!

best thing we cud dop with the 24 players is the best 6 from each race other the next race and the bottom 6 race each other wot u think at least then the slower drivers can get sum good points.

hope that made sense

pined5551
10-05-2010, 11:06 AM
best thing we cud dop with the 24 players is the best 6 from each race other the next race and the bottom 6 race each other wot u think at least then the slower drivers can get sum good points.

hope that made sense

This would be good, that way there would be a better race for everyone. As much as i love having somone suffer a blue flag infront of me, I much preffer being glued to somebodys rear wing for 10 laps then finally overtaking, lol.

Shelton
10-06-2010, 01:42 AM
Of course, please do!

Thanks. I'll see if I can drum up some interest amongst my friends and get them to sign up. If Pined could update the OP, to include a second 12 that would be appreciated.

To anyone who would like to race with us, please post below. The details of the race are exactly the same as described in the OP. Upon sign up, you will receive a friend request from my dummy tag, it will have "F1" in the tag somewhere. When the race is to begin, I will simply send everyone on the dummy tags FL an invite. I shall also send a reminder 30 minutes prior to the race start. Obviously this will only go ahead if 11 other people sign up, so get posting people! :)

Will start the table here, until the OP can be updated. Expect friend requests from "F1 x360a".

1) Tully123
2) I GhostReaper X
3) STOMPER
4) MoC GODFATHER x
5) easylen
6) Slowinfastout
7) LastbornSmudg3
8) Blackbriar83
9)
10)
11)
12)

Please, if something comes up and you're unable to make it, inform me as soon as possible. We can then find a replacement. Decide not to show, without any warning and I'll be pissed.

oRiGiNaL ReaPeR x
10-06-2010, 02:11 AM
now this sounds like it could be interesting and fun...if its gonna take 150+ hours to get level 50 then might as well have fun doing it right? haha count me in :p

ST0MPER
10-06-2010, 02:16 AM
Im up for a second group im in.I race clean never dirty.

MoC Godfather x
10-06-2010, 03:47 AM
Hi ill join the 2nd group play cleen never dirty.

LFC2K6
10-06-2010, 10:37 AM
This would be good, that way there would be a better race for everyone. As much as i love having somone suffer a blue flag infront of me, I much preffer being glued to somebodys rear wing for 10 laps then finally overtaking, lol.

You can't get rid of me, my comic value is worth my place on the grid alone :D

daenius
10-06-2010, 11:00 AM

It absolutely is.

I'm full of excitement for what will happen to you in the next race...

Maybe option tyres for a wet track... or a triple drive through penalty :D

x13radx
10-06-2010, 12:16 PM

Yes, I did a "you" the other night when we were racing Monaco in the wet.

I came into pit because my front left tyre had a puncture and my dumb ass team put on Option's instead of wets.

Everyone was going "Why is brad going in the pits on lap 4?"

I was swearing at my pit crew, although it was my dodgy controllers D-pad that was to blame. :D

LFC2K6
10-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Yes, I did a "you" the other night when we were racing Monaco in the wet.

I came into pit because my front left tyre had a puncture and my dumb ass team put on Option's instead of wets.

Everyone was going "Why is brad going in the pits on lap 4?"

I was swearing at my pit crew, although it was my dodgy controllers D-pad that was to blame. :D

Oh yes, that's exactly what I did first time around I mis hit the d pad and ended up with wet tyres on a bone dry track. I was franticly trying to change back to option on the way into the pit lane but must have been too late.

As soon as I saw the wet tyres sitting there I raged :D

LFC2K6
10-06-2010, 03:40 PM
It absolutely is.

I'm full of excitement for what will happen to you in the next race...

Maybe option tyres for a wet track... or a triple drive through penalty :D

Perhaps both at once? You never know with me but, I think I need a new pit crew!

lenny m
10-06-2010, 03:44 PM
definitely me. available on weekends and occasional friday evening
GT: easylen

pined5551
10-06-2010, 06:24 PM
If Pined could update the OP, to include a second 12 that would be appreciated.

I'll get on this asap tomorow, just on my way out now. Will update by end of tomorow night with new lists etc. Good job mate.

Fifty Two
10-07-2010, 01:26 AM
id like to race

Slowinfastout
10-07-2010, 10:35 AM
I'd like to join the second race if there's any space available. Can never find a good room online.

Shelton
10-07-2010, 12:09 PM
I'll get on this asap tomorow, just on my way out now. Will update by end of tomorow night with new lists etc. Good job mate.
Cheers.
id like to race
You're already down for the first group.

LastbornSmudg3
10-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Hey if there's any room left, sign me up! I'd love to have some decent length proper races with people.

GT: LastbornSmudg3

blackbriar83
10-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Blackbriar83

daenius
10-10-2010, 09:15 AM
If anybody is interested, Group A has 2 spots to give away for tonight's race.

2 of our guys are not gonna be able to make it.

let me know!

Fifty Two
10-10-2010, 03:40 PM
ill be on.

x13radx
10-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Im waiting for an invite.....

pined5551
10-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Let me know what happened with Group B's race, did it work out and actually happen??

oRiGiNaL ReaPeR x
10-10-2010, 08:37 PM
haha no it didnt, onli me (ghost) tully and smudge turned up, altho we did have a laugh racing each other with legend AI, and smudges interesting racing tactics lol because we couldnt actually do the race

Shelton
10-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Let me know what happened with Group B's race, did it work out and actually happen??

Unfortunately, it did not. Two others and myself were online. Everyone else was not. I sent a reminder message 15 minutes before the race and sent invites to everyone, but only I Ghost Reaper X and Lastbornsmudg3 showed. We decided to have a few quick races with the AI, for a bit of fun, as actually proceeding with the championship seemed a bit pointless.

Next week we will have two races if possible, to catch up. Also, our groups races will take place at 6pm GMT. Quite disappointed in the turn-out. For those who signed up but decided not to show, a message would have been appreciated.

*Ghost- I think my connection contributed to the incidents, as there were many baffling things that happened through-out our races. Smudg3 being "inside of you", me being hit by an AI that you couldn't see, lol. Someone else will need to host next time, as the distance has a significant impact on the quality of the connection.

daenius
10-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Unfortunately, it did not. Two others and myself were online. Everyone else was not. I sent a reminder message 15 minutes before the race and sent invites to everyone, but only I Ghost Reaper X and Lastbornsmudg3 showed. We decided to have a few quick races with the AI, for a bit of fun, as actually proceeding with the championship seemed a bit pointless.

Next week we will have two races if possible, to catch up. Also, our groups races will take place at 6pm GMT. Quite disappointed in the turn-out. For those who signed up but decided not to show, a message would have been appreciated.

*Ghost- I think my connection contributed to the incidents, as there were many baffling things that happened through-out our races. Smudg3 being "inside of you", me being hit by an AI that you couldn't see, lol. Someone else will need to host next time, as the distance has a significant impact on the quality of the connection.

Too bad.

I can relate, though - this happened to me 2 weeks ago when we had our first race.

From 12 drivers, only 7 showed up. Luckily I had all the reserves written down, so I sent out messages and was able to get 11 drivers to race.

Unreliable people really suck.

We still have one spot open in our group, since we kicked 2 people today.

Shelton, would you be interested?

pined5551
10-10-2010, 08:47 PM
I sent him some messages on live offering him the seat too :) Great minds eh :D

Shelton
10-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Too bad.

I can relate, though - this happened to me 2 weeks ago when we had our first race.

From 12 drivers, only 7 showed up. Luckily I had all the reserves written down, so I sent out messages and was able to get 11 drivers to race.

Unreliable people really suck.

We still have one spot open in our group, since we kicked 2 people today.

Shelton, would you be interested?

I wouldn't mind so much if they had the courtesy to send a message. It's not that hard. Also, I had to get up at 5:30am for the race... I could have still been sleeping!

Quick question, did your group start an hour earlier? Smudg3 and I got our wires crossed, as I was ready at 7pm GMT (as per your post) whereas he was operating on BST, which apparently is an hour earlier. It wouldn't have made a difference though, as it was still only us 3 on (everyone else had been offline for at least 10 hours).

I would be happy to join your group. Smudg3 and Ghost are good, reliable guys, so perhaps they could be added as reserves?
I sent him some messages on live offering him the seat too :) Great minds eh :D
Thanks for the invitation. I'm not the greatest racer, but I do race fair. I'll take the seat. :)

LFC2K6
10-10-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm not the greatest racer, but I do race fair.

You can enjoy the scenic route around the track with me ;)

Tobes v1
10-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Please add me to any reserve list you guys have. I'm available all day Saturday/Sunday generally and would love to take part

x13radx
10-10-2010, 09:37 PM

You did alright today. Not as bad as when i remember you racing at Melbourne & Monaco (In the wet :O) the other day.

pined5551
10-10-2010, 09:38 PM

Your lap times in time trial are very competative too, based on the friends leaderboards.

LFC2K6
10-10-2010, 09:41 PM
You did alright today. Not as bad as when i remember you racing at Melbourne & Monaco (In the wet :O) the other day.

To be fair, Melbourne was my 2nd ever time on the game. While Monaco was the first time I'd ever driven that track(didn't help that it was wet). My times on time trial there are the highest on my friends list!

Today was more like what I usually do. But I'm still very annoyed that I would've been fighting til the end for a podium if not for being crashed off twice.

MoC Godfather x
10-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Hi all been realy ill the weekend so was not able to come on but will be able to make next week again verry sorry hope I can still race with you all

LFC2K6
10-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Your lap times in time trial are very competative too, based on the friends leaderboards.

High praise this!

x13radx
10-10-2010, 09:52 PM
To be fair, Melbourne was my 2nd ever time on the game. While Monaco was the first time I'd ever driven that track(didn't help that it was wet). My times on time trial there are the highest on my friends list!

Today was more like what I usually do. But I'm still very annoyed that I would've been fighting til the end for a podium if not for being crashed off twice.

Yeah, when I was behind you for 3 or 4 laps, I just simply could not catch you. Even when I seemed to take a corner better, or accelerate faster or on the straights with my custom set-up so I had a much higher top speed, I just could not pass you. You did'nt resort to dirty tactics to stop me from passing, but you held your ground and I found it tough to pass. In the end, it took a bit of a lucky and rather strange moment of driving for me to overtake you. (Although, I did know you had to pit sooner or later, as I had pitted on lap 9 (or8) so did'nt need to do anything to rash :D)

LFC2K6
10-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Yeah, when I was behind you for 3 or 4 laps, I just simply could not catch you. Even when I seemed to take a corner better, or accelerate faster or on the straights with my custom set-up so I had a much higher top speed, I just could not pass you. You did'nt resort to dirty tactics to stop me from passing, but you held your ground and I found it tough to pass. In the end, it took a bit of a lucky and rather strange moment of driving for me to overtake you. (Although, I did know you had to pit sooner or later, as I had pitted on lap 9 (or8) so did'nt need to do anything to rash :D)

Yeah I knew the Bahrain track pretty well and planned to try and use some clean air after you all pit and build myself a lead, but it didn't go to plan :(

I did find it funny how we'd both spin at exactly the same time right next to each other, and how when you overtook me, you quickly span at the final corner and I re-took you.
When you finally did take me though I was going "Nooooooooooooooooo"
Bahrain is probably my best track though... or so says the time trial leaderboards.

MoC Godfather x
10-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Hi was thinking to my self about a pree week training for each driver were we would practice the race like real life to get the right setup for the race on the weekend what dose everyone think about a Wednesday doing this.

also what times is the Q and Race.

pined5551
10-10-2010, 11:58 PM

What was your top speed then. I think i was on the limiter on the pit straight before i even came to the start line. That whole straight every lap was just eeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnngggggghhhhhhh!! Gave me a hell of a headache, lol. Only got up to 183/4 on any of the straights. Quite annoying really. What did you get up to??

Matt x360a
10-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Sign me up to the race immediatly, im game

LastbornSmudg3
10-11-2010, 03:06 PM
haha no it didnt, onli me (ghost) tully and smudge turned up, altho we did have a laugh racing each other with legend AI, and smudges interesting racing tactics lol because we couldnt actually do the race

Hey hey hey, interesting and fair! I can still smell that 30 second time penalty =P but it was a good laugh, your pretty quick!

Damn them dirty AI lol

I wouldn't mind so much if they had the courtesy to send a message. It's not that hard. Also, I had to get up at 5:30am for the race... I could have still been sleeping!

Quick question, did your group start an hour earlier? Smudg3 and I got our wires crossed, as I was ready at 7pm GMT (as per your post) whereas he was operating on BST, which apparently is an hour earlier. It wouldn't have made a difference though, as it was still only us 3 on (everyone else had been offline for at least 10 hours).

I would be happy to join your group. Smudg3 and Ghost are good, reliable guys, so perhaps they could be added as reserves?

Thanks for the invitation. I'm not the greatest racer, but I do race fair. I'll take the seat. :)

BST = GMT + 1 - It's one hour later rather than earlier. Also, how long will it take to do the 50% race length? I mean I don't mind starting at 7pm GMT, because it's unfair on you getting up too early. I will usually have to leave at 9GMT/10BST because of getting up early on Monday mornings.

Also the time thing was my fault, I forgot Britain is operating on BST at the moment so I had been waiting an hour earlier than normal.

Lastly, do we need a full 12 people? I reckon 7/8+ would be alright. I'm hoping for this to be fun and enjoying, not a dead serious championship battling, although friendly competition will be good.

Group B is where it's at. :P

x13radx
10-11-2010, 03:44 PM
What was your top speed then. I think i was on the limiter on the pit straight before i even came to the start line. That whole straight every lap was just eeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnngggggghhhhhhh!! Gave me a hell of a headache, lol. Only got up to 183/4 on any of the straights. Quite annoying really. What did you get up to??

My final 7th gear drive was 202 miles per hour, although I never quite reached that, I was getting around 192/193 on the pit straight and 190/191 on the second straight.

pined5551
10-11-2010, 04:09 PM
My final 7th gear drive was 202 miles per hour, although I never quite reached that, I was getting around 192/193 on the pit straight and 190/191 on the second straight.

Wow! I need to start tunning my car, lol. I can't believe i stayed out infront of you when my top speed was a good 20mph slower that yours, lol.

x13radx
10-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Wow! I need to start tunning my car, lol. I can't believe i stayed out infront of you when my top speed was a good 20mph slower that yours, lol.

I sacrificed a good few seconds through some of the quicker corners, such as the final corner onto the pit straight, and also the sweeping one before that. My grip suffered a bit through there and I often went off there, as LFC saw once (or twice, someone else saw me spin there too).

oRiGiNaL ReaPeR x
10-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Hey hey hey, interesting and fair! I can still smell that 30 second time penalty =P but it was a good laugh, your pretty quick!

Damn them dirty AI lol

Group B is where it's at. :P

haha yea it was fair....best part about it was all that time we were bumping wheels and spinning off track, you got those penalties and i didnt even get any warnings lol it was def a laugh and you were quick too lol

group b is def where its at ! :P

daenius
10-15-2010, 12:28 PM
We have two spots to fill for Saturday's race.

How about the two people that raced with Shelton last week? Would you be interested?

Slowinfastout
10-15-2010, 06:30 PM

How about the two people that raced with Shelton last week? Would you be interested?

I would like to join the race if nobody else fills in. I know I missed last week but got mixed up between gmt and bst, was an hour early than I should have been.

oRiGiNaL ReaPeR x
10-16-2010, 11:20 PM

damn man if i had seen this earlier then yea i would have been happy to help you out, give me a shout on XBL if you need a spot filling, its easier for me to get messages on there lol

LastbornSmudg3
10-17-2010, 08:42 AM
damn man if i had seen this earlier then yea i would have been happy to help you out, give me a shout on XBL if you need a spot filling, its easier for me to get messages on there lol

:whs Yeah, I don't always have the chance to check the forum's so it would be easier. Thanks.

daenius
10-17-2010, 08:56 AM

alrighty, I'll send you a friend request - if we need subs for next week, I'll definitely let you know!

vapona88
10-17-2010, 10:45 PM
I should be on for this race this weekend, if we do it on a sunday.
Some saturdays i go out etc but sundays i will do it 99% of the time

pined5551
10-17-2010, 10:48 PM
I should be on for this race this weekend, if we do it on a sunday.
Some saturdays i go out etc but sundays i will do it 99% of the time

Gamertag? Will add you to the replacements list.

Syvret
12-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Count me in if there is any spaces
My Gamertag is : Maxi1407

Noddee 1984
12-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Count me in if there is any spaces
My Gamertag is : Maxi1407

will get u added to the reserve list.

GreyFoxJ
12-29-2010, 04:43 PM
Count me in please back up or reserves would be good. GT: Mister Saxon

Extreme Washing Machine
01-05-2011, 07:19 PM
I'd love to do this, just one question. Are you aloud to play in automatic gears? Ive gotten used to traction con etc. but until i can afford a real car (lol) Manual is not for me. If so, Count me in. Gt is on the left :)

lenny m
01-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Can you please include my friend into this championship. Thanks.

GT: monkeysanddil

pined5551
01-07-2011, 06:57 PM
I'd love to do this, just one question. Are you aloud to play in automatic gears? Ive gotten used to traction con etc. but until i can afford a real car (lol) Manual is not for me. If so, Count me in. Gt is on the left :)

Yeah, you can use whatever assists you feel comfortable with, there are no restrictions.

Extreme Washing Machine
01-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Yeah, you can use whatever assists you feel comfortable with, there are no restrictions.
Alright cool, I think noddie is gonna msg me if theres a space tomorrow.
btw thanks for putting me on the reserves, wasnt on yesterday so I was wondering how things shifted