PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band: Avenged Sevenfold

Guitarr Steve
10-05-2010, 03:03 AM
Where is it. Seriously.

SebastianSB
10-05-2010, 04:58 AM
I think we have more than enough from this band to be honest.

Starstrukk X360A
10-05-2010, 05:56 AM
It's being made. Harmonix is going to release one game with that and Rock Band: Miley Cyrus on the same disc. Two for the price of one. I think it's a good deal.

mikachu93
10-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Not enough material to even consider it. Besides, the difficulty would be ridiculously one-sided and unappealing to a lot of people.

ohioman101
10-05-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm a huge Avenged Sevenfold fan, but even I agree this wouldn't be the best idea. Pretty much all of their songs are at least Nightmare difficulty (no pun intended), which many people wouldn't like as mikachu said. However, I would love to see more of their songs as DLC

RealistIdealist
10-05-2010, 07:54 PM
I love A7X but I must admit I don't really think that it'll be made ever unless they come out with two more albums then maybe. While they have been around for 11 years or so I don't think that's enough time. Also like Ohioman said the difficulty would be around nightmare-like difficulty (again no pun) for drums and guitar. I'm fine with them just releasing DLC as I'll buy pretty much all of it.

But you never truly know. A lot of the times when I go to play band multi online people only have a few downloaded songs and most of the time it's A7X so it's probably selling well.

Guitarr Steve
10-05-2010, 09:21 PM
It's being made. Harmonix is going to release one game with that and Rock Band: Miley Cyrus on the same disc. Two for the price of one. I think it's a good deal.
Nice joke attempt. Just FYI, no one laughed.

RealistIdealist
10-05-2010, 10:20 PM

It's no joke, didn't you hear the news?

JohnnyR74
10-05-2010, 10:28 PM
I feel like Avenged Sevenfold still has a lot of great, challenging songs to offer. City of Evil springs to mind instantly. They definitely don't deserve a game dedicated to them, however. Hell, Green Day is probably my favourite band and I'm surprised they got a game. Let's just hope for one big track pack with stuff from City of Evil and Waking the Fallen.

animeaddict42
10-06-2010, 03:04 AM
My selfish side would love this. The dreamscapes and stages they could create with the band's art would be wicked, and the music itself would be challenging on all instruments.

But facts gotta be faced. A7X hasn't attained the legendary status of Green Day (debatable to some) and The Beatles. They definitely don't have the mainstream appeal that would guarantee sales like Green Day and The Beatles.

Dustinator
10-06-2010, 05:25 PM

Way to assume and speak for others :rolleyes: Her joke was frickin hilarious. Get over it. RB A7X will never happen.

Steadysphere
10-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Queens of the Stone Age: Rock Band. Where Is It? Seriously?

SebastianSB
10-08-2010, 10:39 PM
The fact that he said Rock Band: Avenged Sevenfold instead of Avenged Sevenfold Rock Band adds an extra level of stupid :p

Starstrukk X360A
10-08-2010, 10:58 PM
The fact that he said Rock Band: Avenged Sevenfold instead of Avenged Sevenfold Rock Band adds an extra level of stupid :p

Throw me in that pile then! I didn't even notice that mistake :D

ridethepiggy
10-12-2010, 02:23 AM
In the garbage bin, where it belongs.

Guitarr Steve
10-14-2010, 10:27 PM
This would be a great tribute to the Rev.

And wow guys, way to harp on a so called grammar mistake. Having the band's name in front of Rock Band sounds stupid to me anyway.

Bye guys, I'm gonna go play World at War Call of Duty now.

JohnnyR74
10-14-2010, 10:40 PM

And wow guys, way to harp on a so called grammar mistake. Having the band's name in front of Rock Band sounds stupid to me anyway.

The Rev's death shouldn't be a reason to dedicate a whole game to him. Don't get me wrong, The Rev was one of my favourite drummers, but A7X:RB shouldn't be made just because it would be a nice tribute.

Mikachu and animeaddict have pretty much summed it up. The difficulty wouldn't be balanced enough, and Avenged Sevenfold haven't reached that status. Not to mention they already have about 6 or 7 songs on RB already. Move on.

Squalasura
10-15-2010, 02:58 PM
We all have favorite bands we'd like to see get thier own games but tis obviously not going to happen. If it did I highly doubt Avenged Sevenfold would be one of the lucky ones. Then again I almost laughed out loud when I heard Green Day was getting thier own. The Beatles I get, Green Day not so much. There's one thing that seems to be forgotten on these forums is that we all have different music tastes, none of us are right, none of us are wrong, just different.

Oh yea... there should be a NIN:RB, I'm just saying.

A CATSHOVEL
10-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Rock Band, please.

mikachu93
10-16-2010, 11:09 PM
Thank you. I support 120%.

DropDeadArtemus
10-18-2010, 05:24 AM
A7X is, by far, my favorite band. I've thought many times about an Avenged Sevenfold Rock Band. I think having their albums as DLC is more likely though. They don't have enough material that varies from easy to nightmare, as many have already said. I would love to see their albums as DLC though. City of Evil should come first, Nightmare second, and Waking The Fallen should come third.

RLKDragon
10-18-2010, 08:28 AM
This. Oh, and Rush: Rock Band too.

ApochWeiss
10-19-2010, 03:05 PM
How about no more specific band music-based games period? The more that come out, the more I fear we'll see a Revolution X reboot.

Greenmember
10-20-2010, 01:34 AM

Actually (no doubt this has already been said) but Harmonix respects each band that they produce a game for and puts the bands name in front of the Rock Band trademark name.

Hence The Beatles Rock Band and Green Day Rock Band.

And I mean A7X is a great band don't get me wrong, but as stated before they're not enough content from the band and they haven't hit the point of national recognization like The Beatles have and (debate-able yes) Green Day.

I'd love to see Led Zepplin Rock Band or Pink Floyd Rock Band.

Andreas_loel
10-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Beatles deserved their own game, even if you dont like them they have a huge legend status.

Im still curious why RB: Green day came out, they deserve their own game as much as linkin park... 5 good songs doesnt make a game.

Avenged sevenfold got some nice songs but even there they dont deserve their own game at all, there are many other bands that deserves it more imo but thats just because everyone wants to see their favorite bands.

And yep still waiting on RB: In flames

SebastianSB
10-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Im still curious why RB: Green day came out, ... 5 good songs doesnt make a game.

"International Superhits!" would like a word with you...

You might not like Green Day, but they've had a huge amount of hit tracks. So many that they released a greatest hits before American idiot and 21st Century Breakdown were even made.

Dustinator
10-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Im still curious why RB: Green day came out, they deserve their own game as much as linkin park... 5 good songs doesnt make a game.

Nice opinion.....Mine goes like this, who is In Flames? If I've never heard one or five songs of theirs, then they surely don't deserve a game ;)

Starstrukk X360A
10-21-2010, 08:22 PM
How about no more specific band music-based games period? The more that come out, the more I fear we'll see a Revolution X reboot.

Oh my god this. I am not a fan of all these band games. I mean, I'll still play them because I'm a hypocrite, but still.

Beatles deserved their own game, even if you dont like them they have a huge legend status.

Avenged sevenfold got some nice songs but even there they dont deserve their own game at all, there are many other bands that deserves it more imo but thats just because everyone wants to see their favorite bands.

Hurray opinions!
It's all about sales.
And Green Day is more popular than Avenged Sevenfold, and even more than In Flames.

I can hear it now.
Harmonix: New, In Flames: Rock Band!
90% of music game players (which includes casual pick up and play gamers): Who?

GILLHUHN
10-22-2010, 02:32 AM
As a person who believes A7X only has 2 good albums i would gladly take them as DLC and have a real band get a full game. Seriously i would gladly take RB: KISS or RB: Judas Priest before A7X and if not the other 2 ideas i mentioned i at least wanna hear confirmation on RB: Megadeth before i even hear rumors about RB: A7X.

RoYaL x Hobo
10-22-2010, 01:31 PM
How about Bullet for My Valentine: Rock Band? That'd be awesome.

GUNSLiiNGER
10-23-2010, 02:18 AM
I'd be cool with it if it was all there older music, personaly i think the last album sucked...i miss old A7X

TwistedFate
10-23-2010, 02:23 AM
No single band unless they are epic!!!

wickedclowns95
11-18-2010, 03:40 AM
We all have favorite bands we'd like to see get thier own games but tis obviously not going to happen. If it did I highly doubt Avenged Sevenfold would be one of the lucky ones. Then again I almost laughed out loud when I heard Green Day was getting thier own. The Beatles I get, Green Day not so much. There's one thing that seems to be forgotten on these forums is that we all have different music tastes, none of us are right, none of us are wrong, just different.

Oh yea... there should be a NIN:RB, I'm just saying.

YES!!! I would buy this day one! Plus, more than enough material and it could now support the keyboard!

MulletiaMan
11-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Pokemon Soundtrack: Rock Band. I'd buy it.

I actually wouldn't mind a A7X Rock Band game, but I can see Iron Maiden Rock Band being made first, because they are pretty much on the same status (i'd say higher, though) as Metallica, who did get a game made around them.

mikachu93
11-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Pokemon Soundtrack: Rock Band. I'd buy it.

I actually wouldn't mind a A7X Rock Band game, but I can see Iron Maiden Rock Band being made first, because they are pretty much on the same status (i'd say higher, though) as Metallica, who did get a game made around them.
Metallica (AFAIK, anyway) didn't have twelve songs out on the Guitar Hero store at the time the game was released. Rock Band already has a lot of Maiden's most iconic tracks.

Steadysphere
11-20-2010, 05:45 PM
If you ask me, HMX should do what they've been doing with Hendrix. Just put the entire discography on store. It covers all fans, it's cheaper and there's no fees for exporting either (obviously). You won't, of course, get the recreated band mates playing on stage, but when you're probably gonna export it like GD:RB, are they really that important?

Having said that, despite them having only two albums, I'd kill for a Silversun Pickups: Rock Band. Never gonna happen though.

Neutral
11-21-2010, 11:27 AM
I would say this is ridiculous, seeing as AC/DC only got a trackpack, but then I remembered GD:RB..

Aberrant Simon
11-22-2010, 12:26 PM
A Little Piece to Heaven would be so awesome on Harmonies, i swear to God! But it would be censored like hell.
I just hope for some DLC from the album City of Evil.

GrantM
11-22-2010, 04:35 PM
I would say this is ridiculous, seeing as AC/DC only got a trackpack, but then I remembered GD:RB..

I take it from that quote you were in the "Green Day suck, they don't deserve their own game" crowd...honestly considering how The Beatles Rock Band didn't do as well as HMX hoped and how much of a rights nightmare it had to have been just to license all the songs for it I can't blame them for going with Green Day...granted they wouldn't have been my first choice but they are honestly more realistic than say Led Zepplin

MartyMcFly
11-22-2010, 05:22 PM
At this point in music gaming, I really don't think any Artist-specific game can be successful. No matter what there's always going to be plenty of people that oppose it, rather than be for it.

There seems to be more people who DON'T like Metallica, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Green Day, and yes even the Beatles, than there are people who do like them, and would spend money on their game.

Majica8
12-09-2010, 09:59 PM
I would love it because I love A7X, but it wouldn't work really. I'm sure it would be amazing but it wouldn't be that popular. I'd be happy with just more A7X DLC.

TpYourHouse
12-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Screw all that, RB:KSE is what I want...

xborcx
12-11-2010, 01:29 AM
Call me a dick but Im glad "The Rev" is dead. Maybe they will take it as a sing that they're is terrible and they are being punished for it.

TA Sasuke
12-11-2010, 01:37 AM
Call me a dick but Im glad "The Rev" is dead. Maybe they will take it as a sing that they're is terrible and they are being punished for it.

http://www.hahastop.com/pictures/Super_Cool_Story_Bro.jpg

Also that's P disrespectful bro P fucked up

mikachu93
12-11-2010, 02:03 AM
Gladly. You're a dick.

I would love to find you feeling the same way when your own first-born son passes.

xborcx
12-11-2010, 03:46 AM
If my first born son made music like that, I'd be singing the same tune. GET IT? MUSIC, TUNE?! GENIUS

lostmotiv
12-11-2010, 06:10 PM
dude no matter how you put it, thats an asshole thing to say. just because you don't like the music a group of people makes doesn't mean it's right to wish ill towards them. Being glad someone is dead because you don't like their music? that's pure disrespectful asshole. everyone talks crap on the internet and says inappropriate things but stuff like that is just bad taste and you should actually be kinda ashamed of yourself for that 1.

SK L4xX
12-11-2010, 09:32 PM

you are the most useless asshole and a worthless piece of shit...YOU dont deserve to live at all.

ban me for that i dont mind...it was worth my statement i i'll just make a new account :P

Majica8
12-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Dick!
Don't be so damn disrespectful! Sure you don't have to like their music, but but don't be glad that somone is dead, that's just sick.

Amazon Odie
12-13-2010, 12:26 AM
i would kill for that game... but some COE or WTF dlc will suffice =P

Cooljoe
12-14-2010, 11:49 PM
Metallica: Rock Band would be amazing, but Guitar Hero has already done it. :uzi:Some bands that come to mind that would make for a great Rock Band game are Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Linkin Park, Judas Priest, Slayer, and the prementioned Avenged Sevenfold. Oh yeah and the Rolling Stones. They have been sooooo successful through the years.

Cooljoe
12-14-2010, 11:53 PM

Don't wish someone is dead just because you don't like their music, dude. That's just a terrible thing to say. What did the Rev ever do to you? Nothing. :mad:

eraserhead
12-15-2010, 04:05 PM
In the garbage bin, where it belongs.
this.

i don't like band-specific games, but if they really need to make another game like this, please choose a really epic and fundamental band.
not some teenage metal that will be completely forgotten in ten years or less.

(that said, i'm not disrespecting the rev's death. i don't like their music but i'm not judging people in any way.)

TA Sasuke
12-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Honestly, I really like the songs by A7X that are in rock band already, but they don't have nearly enough good songs to have a 45 song game. Green Day had just enough, and beatles had more than plenty.

ZOMB1E REAP3R
12-16-2010, 03:53 AM
I would love a Rock Band: A7X (because they're my favorite band), but I think it would be better just to release more DLC.

Judog1
12-16-2010, 04:12 AM
I don't really care for the band that much, but the songs that they do have in rockband are fun to play.

Mr brownstain83
12-16-2010, 04:32 AM
Ive noticed that there are a lot of avenged sevenfold fans up here. Me not being one of them :)

They've already made my favorite band their own game. GH Metallica FTW! :)

xTara
12-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Quickly making a point

Green Day 8 Albums, BUT only 6 of them had usable masters

A7X 5 Studio Albums, But also Diamonds in the Rough, A unreleased studio material CD shipped with the Live at the LBC DVD

Green Day Rock Band had 47 songs on disc,

Now A7X

Sounding of the Seventh Trumpt - 13
Waking the Fallen - 12
City of Evil - 11 (-3 We have now 8)
SelfTitled - 10 (-4 we have now 6)
Nightmare - 12 (Including iTunes bonus track -1 we have now 11)
Diamonds in the rough - 11 (-2 alternate versions of afterlife and almost easy (-2 covers if not able to use 9 or 7)
+Unreleased 4:00AM song (On Welcome to the Family EP)

60 or 58 (Depending on if Iron Maiden and Pantera allow the covers) which is perfectly fine for a game

So lack of material doesn't work

mikachu93
12-16-2010, 08:14 PM
So lack of material doesn't work
Fair enough, but the difference amongst songs in difficulty still poses a problem.

TH4DJ4RV1S
12-19-2010, 03:57 AM
might be a good idea but StST full album dlc would be a better alternative

reaper527
12-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Fair enough, but the difference amongst songs in difficulty still poses a problem.

not really. they have ballads scattered throughout all of their cd's.

the problem is just that a7x plain and simply isn't big enough as far as the fanbase goes to warrant their own game. no band from the 2000's is big enough yet.

green day isn't either, and the numbers proved that, and will without a doubt make harmonix more picky about doing band specific games. green day sold a quarter of a million games, while beatles rockband, which harmonix has publicly stated they weren't happy with the sales of, sold over a million.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/41877/green-day-rock-band/
http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/game/31024/the-beatles-rock-band/
http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/game/24279/rock-band-2/
http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/game/6965/rock-band/

xTara
12-20-2010, 12:21 AM
I would say not really, When Avenged Sevenfold came to my town they sold out pretty much instantly (within two hours), While Green Day in the exact same venue had tickets for weeks, Same with (If You Have it) The A7X And Green Day DLC, I've seen A7X DLC pretty much everytime I search, And Only Green Day once

Also Bat Country was the number 1 requested DLC

reaper527
12-20-2010, 06:43 AM
I would say not really, When Avenged Sevenfold came to my town they sold out pretty much instantly (within two hours), While Green Day in the exact same venue had tickets for weeks, Same with (If You Have it) The A7X And Green Day DLC, I've seen A7X DLC pretty much everytime I search, And Only Green Day once

Also Bat Country was the number 1 requested DLC

their current tour STILL isn't sold out in my area, and tickets have been on sale for 2 or 3 weeks. a quick search shows that this is the case for many of their upcoming shows. your hometown is the exception, not the rule.

ghost possum
12-23-2010, 06:44 PM
If Rush or Pink Floyd doesnt get a RB title dedicated to them before some wank band like A7X does, ill cease to play the franchise altogether.

Hell, a Led Zeppelin RB makes more sense.

Also agree on the NIN one, given the addition of the keys.

xTara
12-23-2010, 07:33 PM
their current tour STILL isn't sold out in my area, and tickets have been on sale for 2 or 3 weeks. a quick search shows that this is the case for many of their upcoming shows. your hometown is the exception, not the rule.

Its pointless arguing, All im saying is the UK tour pretty much sold out instantly, also there has to be some market to it considering they got to number one on the Billboard Album chart http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/avenged_sevenfold_reach_no_1_with_nightmare.html
beating Eminiem, It says it sold 162,500 in the first week of release which proves there is a audience for it, and more so a bigger audience then Green Day or even the beatles (The generation who listen to A7X are more likely to buy a game then the Beatles Generation)

reaper527
12-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Its pointless arguing, All im saying is the UK tour pretty much sold out instantly, also there has to be some market to it considering they got to number one on the Billboard Album chart http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/avenged_sevenfold_reach_no_1_with_nightmare.html
beating Eminiem, It says it sold 162,500 in the first week of release which proves there is a audience for it, and more so a bigger audience then Green Day or even the beatles (The generation who listen to A7X are more likely to buy a game then the Beatles Generation)

how does making number 1 with 1 cd make them bigger than green day?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avenged_Sevenfold_discography

a cd at 1, 4, and 30 for peak positions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Day_discography

2 cd's at number 1, 2 cd's at number 2, and cds at 4 and 10.

the idea that a7x is more commercially viable using the charts as evidence is just flat out wrong.

on your first week sales, 162,500 is great, but 21st century breakdown sold 215,000 the first week (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_Century_Breakdown#Promotion_and_release), so again, your point that a7x sells better than green day is just wrong.

and like i said, the uk leg of the a7x tour is the EXCEPTION, not the rule. the rest of their tour did NOT sell out instantly. you are putting your own musical tastes ahead of numbers and logic. do i think a7x is the better band of the 2? absolutely. do i think they are a bigger band that would sell better? nope.

Jordan0123
12-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Honestly, I really like the songs by A7X that are in rock band already, but they don't have nearly enough good songs to have a 45 song game. Green Day had just enough, and beatles had more than plenty.

They have 5 top albums. Totaling almost 60 songs, yes 8 are available via DLC, RB3 and import (RB2), leaving 50ish for a game, so it's viable.
Also their B-Side/Live album, can easily include Walk, and a few more, so probably 60 left for a game. And it would be more challenging and fun than The Beatles, and I'd want to buy it just like I did with Green Day. And it'd have a good setlist - unlike RB3's which is just a recycled GH one and if it's not already on a GH game it was awful. Harmonix would be able to win me over again :]

reaper527
12-28-2010, 04:18 PM
5 top albums? top of what? it sure as hell isn't top of the charts or top of the sales sheets.

the fact that greenday tanked as far as sales go means that harmonix isn't going to be picking a band that sells less than greenday. the only rock band:a7x you are going to see is going to be an unofficial fanmade copy for use on modded consoles.

Dustinator
12-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Somewhat on the concert topic you guys were discussing, I thought I'd share my experience.....My wife and I were going to get tickets to see Disturbed and A7X in September, in 5 weeks. Tickets we wanted to get were $30-$40 each on the tours website. Went on a week later to buy them and the tickets jumped to over $100 EACH!!! :eek: Needless to say, we skipped. Thought I'd share that story and what a scam it was if you didn't order tickets more than a month in advance. Did I contribute to low ticket sales in the U.S. here in CA???? No, the bands did that to themselves ;)

LeGrimmReaper13
12-29-2010, 12:24 AM
Rock Band: Five Finger Death Punch!! :rock

reaper527
12-29-2010, 02:45 PM
Rock Band: Five Finger Death Punch!! :rock

/s?

they have a grand total of 23 songs. maybe you'll see a ffdp track pack on the market place, but i wouldn't expect more (especially with the point i was making above about sales and marketability)

SebastianSB
12-29-2010, 04:15 PM
I'm mostly curious as to whether or not Harmonix will be making another single-band game again. They don't have anyone like Viacom or EA cracking a whip anymore, and they might have only made Beatles and Green Day games because those companies wanted to have competition again Neversoft's band games. Now that they're an independent developer we might only see numbered sequels and an increased emphasis on improving and expanding Rock Band Network.

Who knows, they might come up with something new altogether. Genre-based games? A sequel to Frequency/Amplitude?

As far as A7X goes, they're kind of like this year's game Vanquish. A lot of people love them and are willing to defend them to the death, but at the end of the day they just don't have the kind of market penetration that would make a game viable. They appeal primarily to teenage boys and maybe some more in their young twenties. Not their girlfriends, not their moms. The Beatles and Green Day have some degree (or a whole lot) of popularity with every single age group and gender.

reaper527
12-29-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm mostly curious as to whether or not Harmonix will be making another single-band game again. They don't have anyone like Viacom or EA cracking a whip anymore, and they might have only made Beatles and Green Day games because those companies wanted to have competition again Neversoft's band games. Now that they're an independent developer we might only see numbered sequels and an increased emphasis on improving and expanding Rock Band Network.

i was actually just thinking that this morning. i think the fact that rockband 3's setlist was so diverse is something that supports this idea. although i think the setlist was an epic fail of a few good songs from old guitar hero games, and a bunch of boring songs. granted, its not the end of the world, because it has a diverse library of awesome downloadable content. even with rockband 1 and 2, which had vastly superior on disc setlists, the focus has always been on dlc. this focus makes it even more feasible for harmonix to keep rockband 3 alive as long as possible.

i think they are desperately trying to get away from disc based games that really cater to a single genre of music (which is obviously what will happen with a band specific game).

we have probably seen the last band specific rock band game (although i'm sure guitar hero will be more than happy to shovel some out)

As far as A7X goes, they're kind of like this year's game Vanquish. A lot of people love them and are willing to defend them to the death, but at the end of the day they just don't have the kind of market penetration that would make a game viable. They appeal primarily to teenage boys and maybe some more in their young twenties. Not their girlfriends, not their moms. The Beatles and Green Day have some degree (or a whole lot) of popularity with every single age group and gender.agreed. a7x is great, but it is going to appeal to as many people as rock band: trivium would. it would make one hell of a game, but the widespread appeal to make it profitable isn't there. (and this is a business after all. at the end of the day, harmonix isn't in the business to lose money)

LeGrimmReaper13
12-29-2010, 06:38 PM
/s?

they have a grand total of 23 songs. maybe you'll see a ffdp track pack on the market place, but i wouldn't expect more (especially with the point i was making above about sales and marketability)

I know, I also know that it's highly improbable
I just wanted to throw my absurd idea out there
(and I think they have 2 songs as DLC)

TA Sasuke
12-29-2010, 07:36 PM
They appeal primarily to teenage boys and maybe some more in their young twenties. Not their girlfriends, not their moms.

Probably the reason we'll never see a Rock Band: Rush, their entire audience is dudes. Even though they have like 18 albums of material to work with lol

reaper527
12-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Probably the reason we'll never see a Rock Band: Rush, their entire audience is dudes. Even though they have like 18 albums of material to work with lol

honestly, i think if we see another band specific game, rush is very likely. that being said, i think band specific is going to be limited to guitar hero going forward.

SebastianSB
12-29-2010, 07:54 PM

That's something that's always baffled me. It's certainly true, but I'm not sure why. They're not exactly the most masculine band.

As far as bands that are possible candidates? Boston, Journey, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin...um...that might actually be about it once you exclude the bands that already have their own games. Very few bands in history have met the requirements, and even a few of the ones that I've listed are questionable (already a ton of Pearl Jam DLC). Granted, I'm sure I'll think of another band the moment I post this. That's pretty much one of the musical laws of physics.

TA Sasuke
12-29-2010, 08:36 PM
^ I have a feeling that the only way we're ever going to get any Zeppelin songs is in a standalone game of only their songs, which i'm perfectly alright with. That is, if Page can get off his musical high horse long enough to allow it.

mikachu93
12-29-2010, 09:49 PM
^ I have a feeling that the only way we're ever going to get any Zeppelin songs is in a standalone game of only their songs, which i'm perfectly alright with. That is, if Page can get off his musical high horse long enough to allow it.
I heard that Page is no longer the problem. Plant is the one who refuses to take part in Rock Band.

GrantM
12-30-2010, 12:18 AM
I heard that Page is no longer the problem. Plant is the one who refuses to take part in Rock Band.

What's he got against Rock Band?...actually now that I think of it why is Led Zepplin so protective of their music

Aberrant Simon
02-18-2011, 09:34 PM
Avenged Sevenfold: Rock Band would be awesome, BUT WHAT ABOUT ROCK REVOLUTION 2? WHERE THE HELL IS THAT GAME, ROCK REVOLUTION WAS THE BEST GAME EVER!!! I LOVE IT!

this is a joke btw.

SebastianSB
02-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Avenged Sevenfold: Rock Band would be awesome, BUT WHAT ABOUT ROCK REVOLUTION 2? WHERE THE HELL IS THAT GAME, ROCK REVOLUTION WAS THE BEST GAME EVER!!! I LOVE IT!

this is a joke btw.

If they made a Rock Revolution 2 and put it on XBLA for $10 I'd buy it. The first was one hell of a lot better than PowerGig.

Piculiar
02-19-2011, 11:54 AM
That's something that's always baffled me. It's certainly true, but I'm not sure why. They're not exactly the most masculine band.

As far as bands that are possible candidates? Boston, Journey, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin...um...that might actually be about it once you exclude the bands that already have their own games. Very few bands in history have met the requirements, and even a few of the ones that I've listed are questionable (already a ton of Pearl Jam DLC). Granted, I'm sure I'll think of another band the moment I post this. That's pretty much one of the musical laws of physics.

I agree to all of those bands, and add Chicago to that list. They've made (including live recordings) over thirty albums, so there's a lot to work with. And they have had a bazillion number one singles, so famous songs aren't a problem either. Also they're really really varied in their music. Might have to invent a trumpet/horn peripheral, though, to do them justice.
Also Rock Band: Yes would be nice. Or Porcupine Tree. Not that that's ever gonna happen. Or maybe Allman Brothers. At Fillmore East dlc, anyone? That would be amazing. Whipping Post on Pro Guitar. Mmmmmmmm, lovely. OR Dream Theater. THAT would be frickin' epic. Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence. Octavarium. A Change of Seasons. Metropolis. And all the rest. Orgasmic.

As for A7X, they're a good band with a strong fanbase, but they haven't reached the required popularity yet to justify a game of their own. Maybe sometime in the future.

garloof
02-19-2011, 07:53 PM
I think that single band games are to monotonous. Its extremely hard to find a band with 30+ songs from it own game with their influences and the bands they influenced to make 60ish songs. They should make era games say like the big 4(metallica, megadeth, anthrax, slayer) that way you get similiar bands with the buyer knowing what hes getting.

SebastianSB
02-19-2011, 10:10 PM
I think that single band games are to monotonous. Its extremely hard to find a band with 30+ songs from it own game with their influences and the bands they influenced to make 60ish songs.

This is a Rock Band forum, not a Guitar Hero one. Other bands are not included on the disc, so the band needs to have about 45 songs worth using.

garloof
02-20-2011, 04:19 AM
Just sayin' I's rather see a grouping of similar bands and take their best songs to avoid not getting your money's worth or only getting 30 quality songs and selling it with the crappy ones packaged. Paying $60 for 50 songs and 20 suck isn't my idea of raising interest in a game.

BTW never played RB band title. Didn't know...

Kreegles
02-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Where's Rock Band: Coheed and Cambria??? :D

Keirris
02-22-2011, 05:59 PM

Wait, Wait wait Lemme get this Straight Miley Cyrus and A7X on the Same disc? The Same Disc? The same disc? The Same Shining silver circle of music? Heavy rock/Metal and Country Pop Crap? Not Possible I mean Come on Think this way Unless its a Rock band Game then maybe but if its a Track pack then no Absolutely not Kids meet Adults will not happen it plays out like this I wanna play Rock Band! upon Booting Scream by A7X I don't think the parents would be to happy :S Though I think We need more A7X Killswitch and get more All that remains a Bunch of FFDP and maybe well have better battle of the Bands

xContritiox
02-22-2011, 11:40 PM
A Bullet for My Valentine Rock Band would be sweet.

Badgersrock
03-02-2011, 04:37 AM
I think that single band games are to monotonous. Its extremely hard to find a band with 30+ songs from it own game with their influences and the bands they influenced to make 60ish songs. They should make era games say like the big 4(metallica, megadeth, anthrax, slayer) that way you get similiar bands with the buyer knowing what hes getting.

I agree. HMX should make a game based on the Big 4 of Thrash

Drewbles
03-04-2011, 12:48 PM
I dont think rock band should make any games where its just one band, its much better off as DLC. Works out cheaper for ppl as well as they might not want every single track, plus your not paying all the other fees that go into producing a disc, retailers making money off it etc.
If you dont have the net, take your xbox somewhere that does and get them that way.
I can understand releasing track packs discs but not as a game like green days, beatles.
I loved the beatles game but when we have a party when we actually play songs, we neva opt for beatles cuz of how long it takes to swap discs, set everyone up again and ppl dont wanna just play beatles, they want to maybe choose one song, then goto some other rb3 song, then maybe back to beatles, u cant do that inless u wanna spend ages setting up.give us a damn export for beatles.

JamesMallow
04-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Queens of the Stone Age: Rock Band. Where Is It? Seriously?

Scrap that,make a Rock Band dedicated to Dave Grohl.He's been in 30 bands so there will be some variation.

reaper527
04-03-2011, 03:03 PM
I dont think rock band should make any games where its just one band, its much better off as DLC. Works out cheaper for ppl as well

thats all relative though. a retail release will drop in price overtime, while a dlc release is set in stone, aside from the occasional one week sale. look how cheap you can get a band specific rockband game now on amazon (especially if you are ok with getting a used copy that probably won't export [speaking of which, buying a cheaper used version is ONLY possible with a retail disc, not dlc])

band specific games are bad because they just don't get the same effort that the core games do, and are essentially shovelware. combine the lack of effort with the fact you are segmenting your fanbase, and its pretty clear why none of the band games over the last few years have sold well.

Bl°°dwolf
04-03-2011, 03:52 PM
band specific games are bad because they just don't get the same effort that the core games do, and are essentially shovelware. combine the lack of effort with the fact you are segmenting your fanbase, and its pretty clear why none of the band games over the last few years have sold well.

You sir are forgetting The Beatles Rock Band, which had a LOT of effort put into it, and did Extremely well, so your generalization does not apply across ALL band specific games. The rest of them however I agree on (which are all GH band games other than Green Day), but you have to be careful about over generalization.

RealistIdealist
04-04-2011, 09:04 AM
Recently I was thinking that one of the only bands that makes sense to make a game about would be AC/DC. Yeah I know we had that pack but it was live (which generally suck more than the studio version). It would also satisfy them (AC/DC) because they have some rule where you don't buy singles, you have to buy a whole album. (Which is why they aren't on itunes). Plus AC/DC is the kind of band that can have both relatively easy and quite difficult songs. I think that would be perfect. Unfortunately it would do nothing for the newly added Keyboard and harmonies wouldn't be too prevalent throughout.

Also Kiss may be a decent choice but they don't have a ton of hit singles.

reaper527
04-04-2011, 07:25 PM
You sir are forgetting The Beatles Rock Band, which had a LOT of effort put into it, and did Extremely well,

i wouldn't say extremely well, and i definitely wouldn't put extra emphasis on extremely by bolding it unless you simply mean compared to other band specific games. (that game is definitely the exception to the no effort shovelware point though)

1.22 million copies. that isn't bad, but i wouldn't call it extremely well either. rockband 2 outsold it 2:1, and once rockband 3 has some shelf time, that will vastly outsell it as well.

Bl°°dwolf
04-05-2011, 12:20 AM
i wouldn't say extremely well, and i definitely wouldn't put extra emphasis on extremely by bolding it unless you simply mean compared to other band specific games. (that game is definitely the exception to the no effort shovelware point though)

1.22 million copies. that isn't bad, but i wouldn't call it extremely well either. rockband 2 outsold it 2:1, and once rockband 3 has some shelf time, that will vastly outsell it as well.

Well not sure where they get their sales data from, but according to wikipedia "NPD Group data through the end of 2009 reported North American and worldwide sales of the game at 1.18 and 1.7 million." so it looks like the sales figures on that site may be North America only.

And while it's not as much as other Rock Band titles, it is pretty damn respectable nearly double that of the sales of GH5 which was released at the same time. Even if they only get 50%MSRP ($30), that's still over $50 million.

Fai1cookie
04-18-2011, 11:37 PM
This would be so freaking sick. I can already drum almost every song by them on my real drum kit... it would be sick on Rock Band! (With double kicks added please)

Devil_Dante
04-21-2011, 04:46 AM
I think the idea of a music game dedicated to any one band or even one kind of music is stupid. I love A7X and most of the metal genre but I'd be disappointed if they made a RB:A7X..I'd probably still buy it but Harmonix should stick to their numbered series with new features and released DLC weekly instead of a Rock Band 3 clone with (insert band) characters and songs.

Samurai Kadaj
04-24-2011, 05:23 AM
I'd love to see Led Zepplin Rock Band or Pink Floyd Rock Band.

I heard that Pink Floyd will never happen because all of the original master recordings no longer exist. There's some speculation that they're only lost, but most believe it's safe to assume they've been destroyed at some point.

mikesea
04-29-2011, 07:02 PM
E7x are overrated, imo. RB needs more gunge.

Boots Orion
05-02-2011, 02:03 PM
You sir are forgetting The Beatles Rock Band, which had a LOT of effort put into it, and did Extremely well, so your generalization does not apply across ALL band specific games. The rest of them however I agree on (which are all GH band games other than Green Day), but you have to be careful about over generalization.

I actually disagree with both of you.

Other than GH: Van Halen which I still enjoyed, a lot of work was put into the band specific games. The only one I haven't played is Metallica and that is supposedly one of the best ones. I like all of them that I've played but to be honest, I enjoy playing the Beatles songs the least. Drums are always fun in ALL of these games (except for that Spinal Tap song on Lego Rock Band), but most of the Beatles songs are quite boring on the guitar. That's just my opinion though.

The problem is that the band specific games cost a lot of money, because the bands in question are all "super-groups" and buying the rights to all their songs would be ridiculously expensive. Yes, whether you like them (I'm a huge fan) or not, Green Day IS a super group.

Also, track packs and band specific games are much much cheaper on a song-by-song basis than normal DLC. Even if you buy the games when they first come out, you are paying much less than a dollar per song in most cases. If you are willing to wait a few months, you can get any of the games for less than $15-$20.

About this topic though, I love A7X, but they do not have the casual fan base to support a full game. Anyone who thinks otherwise is the definition of fanboy.

Nastadon
05-02-2011, 02:47 PM
I'd love to see this! Saw A7X for the 3rd time in concert last night, they were amazing as always! Gotta make a game for them!

Bl°°dwolf
05-02-2011, 06:23 PM
I like all of them that I've played but to be honest, I enjoy playing the Beatles songs the least. Drums are always fun in ALL of these games (except for that Spinal Tap song on Lego Rock Band), but most of the Beatles songs are quite boring on the guitar. That's just my opinion though.

Exactly. these are your opinions. However in our discussion we weren't talking about opinions, we were talking about how well they did in sales figures, which in the end is what gets games made.

The problem is that the band specific games cost a lot of money, because the bands in question are all "super-groups" and buying the rights to all their songs would be ridiculously expensive. Yes, whether you like them (I'm a huge fan) or not, Green Day IS a super group.

That was never in question, though your use of the term "supergroup" is incorrect. A Supergroup is "a rock music group whose performers are already famous from having performed individually or in other groups" and can be either a side project or one-off band (Ala Temple of the Dog), or more permanent (Ala Audioslave, Chickenfoot, or Velvet Revolver). World famous bands, mega successes, whatever you choose except super-group.

Also, track packs and band specific games are much much cheaper on a song-by-song basis than normal DLC. Even if you buy the games when they first come out, you are paying much less than a dollar per song in most cases. If you are willing to wait a few months, you can get any of the games for less than $15-$20.

Again, this was never in question.

About this topic though, I love A7X, but they do not have the casual fan base to support a full game. Anyone who thinks otherwise is the definition of fanboy.

Agreed, but you should probably get your sarcarm detection unit checked out. It seems to be malfunctioning.

reaper527
05-06-2011, 06:55 PM
for everyone who said that an a7x game would be successful, the top 10 dlc artists show the exact opposite. not only are they not in the top 10, they aren't close enough to even get a mention

http://www.rockbandaide.com/12059/ten-best-selling-rock-band-dlc-artists/

cw Paincake
06-13-2011, 07:47 PM
I would love to see an Rock Band: A7X ,also An Disturbed and/or Slipknot one

Coadster1
06-13-2011, 08:58 PM
I like Avenged Sevenfold, but I don't think they need a game. I agree with whoever said Red Hot Chili Peppers: Rock Band, they've been around a long time and Harmonix would have no problem with the song selection. But then again, they already have so much DLC.

mikachu93
06-14-2011, 05:07 AM
I agree with whoever said Red Hot Chili Peppers: Rock Band, they've been around a long time and Harmonix would have no problem with the song selection. But then again, they already have so much DLC.
One album out of (soon to be) ten in total, plus more B-sides than you can shake sticks at, is hardly "so much." Personally speaking, anyway. They have enough musical diversity to make things interesting without having to rely on side projects and solo careers.

Birdassasin
06-14-2011, 07:39 PM
I gotta say I LOVE Avenged Sevenfold, but they don't have enough material for a band game. Harmonix should do something like Metal Track Pack, but extend it into a full game with it's own distinctive visual style. That would be awesome!