PDA

View Full Version : The future of your Gamertag (Profile)

Painkiller Q8
10-05-2010, 09:37 AM
http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/new-nxe-child-settings.jpg

The Gamertag (profile) become something really important now a days, its very related to you and the games you are planning to buy and everything with your gaming life, even this website(x360a) is all about Achievements and Gamerscore related stuff.

And I was just wondering what will happen to these accounts when we all get old and might be dead someday, maybe a few people or no one ever thought about it before, but for real.. its time to think and imagine after 40 years or more when you get old maybe 50 or 60+ years old, and you can't play like now and your gamerscore will hit 700k or maybe 1000k, so its really sad to leave it just like that, we played tons of hours, we bought so many games and rent so many too, and sometimes you buy crappy games or rent them for the gamerscore, and we work so hard and spend money on those games so its not just a gamertag that you will give it to anyone or leave it just like that someday, Am I right ?

So I just thought about making a poll here so everyone can vote and tell what he will do later with his/her gamertag, and feel free to tell us about it.

excuse for the English/Grammar :p

Painkiller Q8
10-05-2010, 09:41 AM
I will go for (I will give it to my kids (which is the Email/Password) since my little boy is already started playing on my Xbox :P

Ryot Control
10-05-2010, 09:46 AM
My kids can earn their own damn achievements and become productive members of society who can say, "Daddy never babied me." dammit!

Plym
10-05-2010, 09:49 AM
When a new console comes along, I will probably just leave this gamertag.
I don't need to see a score on screen to remind me of the fun I had playing my 360, I have memories.

Painkiller Q8
10-05-2010, 10:35 AM
My kids can earn their own damn achievements and become productive members of society who can say, "Daddy never babied me." dammit!

At least Painkiller Q8 will be online for long time even if I already dead, and my very old men friends will keep sending me messages, lol

TooL LiSTNeR
10-05-2010, 12:08 PM
you have to pass your legacy for the next generation ... :ass

Corrupt.
10-05-2010, 02:11 PM
What a morbid thought. I refuse to answer this for another 40 years! :D

RuYi
10-05-2010, 09:05 PM
I'll take it with me to my grave wtf. No way my kids are going to leech off my (by then) legendary reputation and gamerscore. >: (

What a morbid thought. I refuse to answer this for another 40 years! :D
Dude, hurry up. 2012 is fast approaching.

Kunduz
10-05-2010, 10:34 PM
I'll ensure it gets a viking funeral, just like me

EmporerDragon
10-05-2010, 11:05 PM
I'm taking it to the grave. In fact I'm taking as much as possible to the grave with me as well (all my games, trading cards, assorted memorabilia, etc.). Then 100 years later, I'll have a museum dig me and my stuff up for display as I figure that my stuff right now wouldn't be appreciated by many as it doesn't have as much meaning to them, but a century or two down the road, others might find value in it.

Besides, I also get a kick thinking about how the museum guide would depict me: "Behold the early 21st century American nerd in his natural habitat. After eating his usual meal of acidic sugar water and fried meat pastries he would venture onto the ancient internet in hopes of 'pwning some nubs'. Based on the relics recovered from the gravesite, we can assume that he was a devout follower of Boba Fett, his religion's patron god of fortune and marksmanship and one of the more worshiped gods of nubpwners."

Starstrukk X360A
10-06-2010, 02:53 AM
Dude.
In 50 years I'll probably be dead.

I don't intend to live long C:

Burning Karma
10-06-2010, 03:03 AM
Right....never thought about it. Guess I'll take it with me. Or leave it for my kids. I dunno...

Painkiller Q8
10-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Lol, no one would sell it around eh?

TacticalTodger
10-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Yeah I'm taking it to the grave,plus I don't intend to be around for another 40-50 years. As soon as I'm too old to look after myself I'd rather be dead I'm not sitting around waiting to die I'll do it myself

Painkiller Q8
10-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Yeah I'm taking it to the grave,plus I don't intend to be around for another 40-50 years. As soon as I'm too old to look after myself I'd rather be dead I'm not sitting around waiting to die I'll do it myself

Do it your self :O

http://www.mortrag.com/home/news/user_images/schmidlak-Facepalm.gif

Eminent
10-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Taking it to my grave baby!!!

rvlution
10-06-2010, 05:00 PM
I highly doubt the gamertag will be infallible but I plan to bring it to the grave. H0B0 Santiago will live on in the minds of everyone.

JAW LV
10-06-2010, 05:16 PM
As my GT approaches 50k its time for me to plan for the future since this is now becoming a true investment. Most of my investments will be handed down to my children.... but my GT will not be one of them!!!! With that said I am taking my GT to the grave and beyond.

ansotica
10-06-2010, 06:15 PM
I will write me final gamerscore together with my tag on my tombestone.

dakisbac
10-06-2010, 06:19 PM
There's no way Xbox Live will still exist fifty years from now, at least not in any way similar to what we have now. Our gamertags will become obsolete eventually whenever Microsoft comes up with something "better", which is kind of a depressing thought when you think of how much time and effort some of us have invested into it.

The Tarbender
10-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Even changing there systems aside, I'll probably continue using my GT since I like it, and it'll be useful for a long time.

A Moldy Stump
10-06-2010, 06:31 PM
I like the gravestone idea. I'll let my kids play my games and earn their own achievements, but only after they've graduated from the 64 ill still be playing. :P

w1nn3r1
10-07-2010, 04:18 AM
I'm taking it to the grave. In fact I'm taking as much as possible to the grave with me as well (all my games, trading cards, assorted memorabilia, etc.). Then 100 years later, I'll have a museum dig me and my stuff up for display as I figure that my stuff right now wouldn't be appreciated by many as it doesn't have as much meaning to them, but a century or two down the road, others might find value in it.

Besides, I also get a kick thinking about how the museum guide would depict me: "Behold the early 21st century American nerd in his natural habitat. After eating his usual meal of acidic sugar water and fried meat pastries he would venture onto the ancient internet in hopes of 'pwning some nubs'. Based on the relics recovered from the gravesite, we can assume that he was a devout follower of Boba Fett, his religion's patron god of fortune and marksmanship and one of the more worshiped gods of nubpwners."

Epic. Truly epic.

Industrial Arts
10-07-2010, 04:26 AM
I doubt the Gamertag system will be around for more than a decade.

Opiate42
10-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Dude, hurry up. 2012 is fast approaching.

HAHA!!

Too right.

Anyhow, really either Microsoft, or gamers will eventually outgrow this system. Like collecting pogs or bottle caps.

Unless bottle caps can be used as currency, either way our GS will be defunct. Before the end of the world, yah, my as yet unborn children can earn their own achievements. My nephew has to earn his own already.

"Behold the early 21st century American nerd in his natural habitat. After eating his usual meal of acidic sugar water and fried meat pastries he would venture onto the ancient internet in hopes of 'pwning some nubs'. Based on the relics recovered from the gravesite, we can assume that he was a devout follower of Boba Fett, his religion's patron god of fortune and marksmanship and one of the more worshiped gods of nubpwners."

I second the Epic-ness. I just laughed my ass off.

nekokari
10-07-2010, 06:30 PM
hopefully it will transfer to new systems, and when i stop playing, so will my GT. but till then it will be me.

Muhnamana
10-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Taking it to my grave baby!!!

HAHAHA...In my will, I'll state to make sure I'm holding some kind of gaming controller before I get buried! :woop:

iJon72
10-07-2010, 08:15 PM
well kinect they say will last 5 years but then what? will they keep our profiles when they bring out a new console or make us create new ones.

KAG1092
10-07-2010, 08:30 PM
I don't care, really. I'm not that much into the gamertag anyway, as you can see from my low gamerscore.

It'll die out when I stop playing. No-one else will want my name anyway.

Gun-Nut
10-08-2010, 04:38 AM
I would most likely pass it on to one of my kids if I ever have any though if not maybe a brother since I have 4 of them :)

darkarchon433
10-08-2010, 04:53 AM
If this gamertag lives long enough to take it to my grave and I can still play then it will be mine. No way I would give it to children or others, I would get them their own and let them make their own identity with their own experiences.

NachoNabz
10-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Only one person in the world is gonna be NachoNabz and that's me for ever!!!

leekstokie
10-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Ill keep mine forever, only 1 leekstokie

Garbim BR
10-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Okay, sincerity first. So I'd just let it for anyone... Dunno... Give it away on the internet or to a friend? I pretend to have a productive life so I gotta study a lot. So... Well I guess... I am just enjoying life while I can. ;)

Also, I don't even have that much games and gamerscore and all that stuff.

SSJ3
10-08-2010, 06:41 PM
I doubt Gamerscore will even last that long lol.

DarthSoth
10-08-2010, 07:50 PM
I will give mine to my favorite gamer grandchild. Which will likely piss the parents off since it will instantly boost the grandkids past their parent gamerscore. heh, heh, but tha's just the way I roll.

To be honest, I will likely take it to my grave. Any gamer (and/or gamescore whore) worth their salt would want to get their own achivements to pop anyway.

I was going to comment on the actual name as well until I realized that whoever gets the gamertag could just change the name.

iiDaRReN316x
10-08-2010, 09:53 PM
I Hope they scrap the idea its a waste of time.

iBlessing 09
10-08-2010, 09:55 PM
I'll just forget about it when I stop playing it.

MeowZaK
10-09-2010, 08:22 PM
I will take it with me forever!!! Unless they ditch the system! :)

The Cripplers
10-11-2010, 10:12 AM
I assume one day I'll just log off and never log back on and my gamertag will be abandoned and forgotten.

Barad
10-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Give it to my kids I guess..long time left seeing as I'm only 17 right now lmao.