PDA

View Full Version : accept a contract with a higher placed team ach.

Nanbag
10-05-2010, 01:22 PM
quick question about that achievement, i started off with lotus in a 7 season career, however i won the contructors title that year so technically there isnt a higher placed team to accept a contract with....

question is does that achievement unlock no matter which team i move to as long as i move?

EDIT: i accidently accepted a lotus contract for my second season, so now im waiting for offers for my third

f1ferrari
10-05-2010, 01:40 PM
To be honest mate, Lotus is a low ranked team, you obviously won the championship with the team due to your level of difficulty, if you'd been on expert with legendary AI you would not have done so well with the team is just to slow, I'm a lotus driver and the higher teams are much faster.
It's a move to a better team, so really anyone other than Lotus, HRT and Virgin is a promotion as these three are the bottom teams. that's my take on it, so hope this helps.

Nanbag
10-05-2010, 02:10 PM
yeh its on the easiest difficulty but without the braking assist on but thats not my point.

i wondered if the achievement still unlocked i dont care about anything else.

rogermacarios
10-05-2010, 04:06 PM
I won the first season with Toro Rosso and got a contract with McLaren, but the achievement didn't unlock, then I won the 2nd season and accept the contract with Ferrari and the achievement still didn't unlock.

In both times I got the 2nd driver seat, maybe we have to accept a contract that offers the 1st driver seat, or it's just glitched.

Nanbag
10-05-2010, 04:08 PM
just got to the point in my second season where other teams are offering me contracts...

i turned off autosave and selected sauber (who are better than lotus) however the achievement did not unlock...looks like im gonna need to either stay with lotus for another season and lose the contructors championship to mclaren and then hope mclaren at some point will offer me a contract in the season after.

so bottom line if you are looking for this achievement, dont go and win the constructors championship in your first season and then accept a contract with the same team. either lose the championship and go with a team that placed higher than you or just move team to a better team if you want to win the championship in your first season.

Krzysiek68
10-05-2010, 05:06 PM
i unlocked that achievement but after quit game achievement is still locked!

Suki
10-05-2010, 09:17 PM
i moved from lotus to red bull and the cheevo did not pop wtf if thats not a higher team what is??

OctagonQontrol
10-05-2010, 09:20 PM
i moved from lotus to red bull and the cheevo did not pop wtf if thats not a higher team what is??
Move from HRT to Veyron Racing maybe? :woop:

vithzeral
10-05-2010, 11:03 PM
It's not glitched, you have to move to a team above you in the constructors championship at the end of the season. So, if you win the constructors you can't get the achievement. I'm sure the developers never even though of this since your teammate is so useless he doesn't contribute any points in the first season.

SHEEPY2008
10-05-2010, 11:27 PM
yeah teh Achievement Unlocks if u get offered a contract from the Team that wins the Constructors championship.

Shelton
10-06-2010, 01:11 AM
It's not glitched, you have to move to a team above you in the constructors championship at the end of the season. So, if you win the constructors you can't get the achievement. I'm sure the developers never even though of this since your teammate is so useless he doesn't contribute any points in the first season.

Exactly. The problem is, people have preconceived notions of which teams are best. Redbull is obviously better than Lotus right? Well, forget about it for this achievement, it is their in game position, not real world.

smotherymidget
10-06-2010, 08:52 AM
just about to get to this point myself will wait and see what i get offered

Epic Debaser
10-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Haha I got so lucky with this, I was racing for Lotus in my first season, when I won the drivers championship I was offered a contract with Red Bull, then when they overtook Lotus in the constructors championship the achievement popped, so yeah they have to be above you in the constructors championship :p

OctagonQontrol
10-06-2010, 05:44 PM
How does this cheevo work exactly? Coz at the moment, I'm with Force India, leading in driver & constructor but don't think I can get a better contract then?

Suki
10-06-2010, 06:07 PM
at least it cleared up now and how to get it thx guys

ian333333
10-06-2010, 11:19 PM
i got an offer from red bull when i won the championship at monza in my 1st season with lotus, i left the contract unsigned an got myself black flagged at both singapore and suzuka to let red bull ahead in the constructors championsip and then accepted the offer and the achievement popped up :)

if youre leading the constructors championship when you get the offer you cant unlock this achievement until another the team has overtaken you in the constructors

Nanbag
10-07-2010, 02:48 AM
i got an offer from red bull when i won the championship at monza in my 1st season with lotus, i left the contract unsigned an got myself black flagged at both singapore and suzuka to let red bull ahead in the constructors championsip and then accepted the offer and the achievement popped up :)

if youre leading the constructors championship when you get the offer you cant unlock this achievement until another the team has overtaken you in the constructors

Thanks! i almost threw away 2nd spot to ferrari in the constructors thinking i couldnt get the achievement but i got an offer from mclaren in the penultimate race so i just coasted in behind hamilton to make sure ferrari didnt overtake me and mclaren stayed first and achievement popped up.