PDA

View Full Version : kinect

cueball71
10-05-2010, 04:48 PM
anyone have any views on the upcoming kinect ?
i have pre ordered it through game when i traded in my elite for the new 360 250g.
is it as amazing as it appears or should i save my cash for some of the amazing games that are due?:)

Gackt
10-05-2010, 05:34 PM
If you like lame exercise/dancing/kiddy sports games then im sure you will love kinect. If not...save for real games instead :D

iBlessing 09
10-05-2010, 05:53 PM
If you like the Wii more than your Xbox 360 then get it, if not the definately don't.

SSJ3
10-05-2010, 06:41 PM
It's more for family gaming really. But if that's your thing then go for it.

Danteire
10-05-2010, 11:11 PM
If you like lame exercise/dancing/kiddy sports games then im sure you will love kinect. If not...save for real games instead :D

If you have friends who dont think sitting round "pwning nabs" and screaming shit at kids through XBL is fun then get a Kinect. Dance Central looks fun, not enough to make me invest but very close.

As for "real games", the sad thing is most modern gamers definition of "real games" (if there is one) would probably exclude games like Pong, Donkey Kong, Pac Man and other landmark games since they were "Too Easy" and "Anyone could play them" or "Didnt have generic super-soldiers shooting the same damn enemies 100 times over through the same game but with +1 added to the title".

Enjoy the Kinect when you get it, post up some impressions on the games ya get too.

Brutalsleeper
10-05-2010, 11:21 PM
I see possibility for kinect (Unlike Move) to have core games and family titles. Using both controller and kinect at the same time would be awesome.

AltruismIsDead
10-05-2010, 11:30 PM
I haven't played it, but I'll certainly be getting it for sure since I just have to (comes with the territory of being an OCD game collector)

If you're intent on getting on, go for it, if you're on the fence about it, try it if they have any demos of it at the store. You'll come across a lot of bias thoughts and haters anywhere you go and ask.

Maybe it'll be loads of fun and you'll be playing it often, maybe it'll be a gimmick and after a few plays of it you'll be sick of it. Either way I've owned and played enough games in my time to not be so closed minded to new stuff and different games and not to bash them before even playing them.

Let me be the first to say, I've played all the Halos, the Gears of Wars, Metal Gear Solids, Super Marios, Call of Duty, Fables, Fallout 3, Street Fighters, Tekkens, Resident Evils amongst tons of other.... (check my game collection below) and with that said... Kinectimals looks too f*ing cute and retarded to pass up! Kinect + Kinectimals day one for me ^_^

Starstrukk X360A
10-06-2010, 02:50 AM
I want it.
Simply for Kinect Adventures.
I'm a sucker for casual games.

Painkiller Q8
10-06-2010, 07:35 AM
I will buy them all !

Unterofficer
10-06-2010, 07:53 AM
My view of Kinect and motion gaming in general: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1838-E3-2010

MangledRex
10-06-2010, 07:01 PM
I'll definitely be getting it, can't pass up the opportunity to see the missus make a fool of herself on dance central

shoxy
10-06-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm really exited to see kinnect and the games :D
I want a real skateboard simulation, better than tony haws ride :/

Damage
10-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Check out the 'Development Diaries' before you jump in. I was up for getting it then saw the videos on the dashboard and apparently I need -
1) A bigger house - You need to be 6ft away with 3 ft either side or 8ft away, again with 3 feet either side of you and a good two feet between that. Hence a minimum of a 11ft x 20ft empty room (and that's with the TV on the wall).
2) A spot light - It doesn't like rooms that aren't evenly lit.
3) A new sofa / a bench - In sitting down games it can get confused if your sofa is too fluffy or has big soft cushions.
4) A silent house - Need to keep background noise to a minimum.
5) Oh and I need to play naked or in tight clothing - as it doesn't like baggy clothing.

So I am pretty annoyed at it personally. Not sure how many people will have the required space, for that as it even says the floor should be clear (so it the kinect or the furniture..great).

Dragon83uk
10-06-2010, 10:30 PM
I knew as soon as "project natal" was announced at E3 that there'd be all the generic dance/move games that are already out for the vision cam/eyetoy. However the thing that really got me interested was the stuff that Milo could do. I really think that the bigger studios will make some great things with the technology that the Milo demonstrated. So much so that in a few years we may get to the point where this new breed of games gets the moniker "real games".

Evo Kazz
10-07-2010, 05:06 PM
I did love Wii Sports, the main problem for me was the Wiimotes, connecting this to that, Wiimotes flying across the room, on Christmas day my 5 year old son busted his mums nose open with a Wiimote by accident and she was bleeding like mad!! Soo much chaos. She knows not to sit behind him when he is bowling anymore! But Kinect takes away all the bullshit, this camera thing is brilliant, more will be revealed on release, but temptation got the better of me, and I decided we are buying one on release.

I think Kinect Sports looks like a Wii Sports killer, and that in itself would be an "achievement" because whether you hate or love the Wii, there is no denying that Wii Sports is probably one of the most played games on the system.

iJon72
10-07-2010, 08:27 PM
dunno about it. if i get it will be at christmas so i can get some money and read some reviews

KAG1092
10-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Not getting till they create a ball that I can enter and run around in while play Reach.

Dragon83uk
10-07-2010, 08:50 PM
That would be wicked!

Prophet0A
10-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Well I like gaming to be a more social experience and thats why I bought the Wii, but getting 4 controllers is just a huge pain. I'm positive that Kinect will be a great party tool, but I'm not really extatic over it. Obviously this is nothing for HC gameplay, like the move is trying to be.