PDA

View Full Version : need help with no driving aids

drifter666
10-05-2010, 06:20 PM
hi any one have any suggestion with this. i have try and try and almost threw the xbox controller at the tv!!!

LFC2K6
10-05-2010, 06:29 PM
hi any one have any suggestion with this. i have try and try and almost threw the xbox controller at the tv!!!

If you've never done it before(All assists off) an F1 car is probably the worst starting point you could pick.
I'm no expert driver myself (far from it) but you could try and turn the difficulty down a notch to hard, where most but not all assists are off. Then get used to that, then bump it back up.

I'm guessing not having traction control is killing you?

OctagonQontrol
10-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Is this for the one Achievement of you wanna do a complete season on Expert?

If you're only after the cheevo, take a Ferrari or McLaren around Monza. Put AI on Easy/Dumb, turn off all Assists and drive like you learnt how to ride a bicycle :)

xLMx1994
10-05-2010, 07:05 PM
the basics to keeping the car on the track with assists off are dont get on the power untill you get the car straightened up and dont brake unless the car is straightened up, obviously because of no traction control and ABS. once you can get used to getting on the power later you should be ok.

pined5551
10-05-2010, 07:44 PM
the basics to keeping the car on the track with assists off are dont get on the power untill you get the car straightened up and dont brake unless the car is straightened up, obviously because of no traction control and ABS. once you can get used to getting on the power later you should be ok.

Simple, yet perfect advice. I have raced with all assists off for nearly a whole season and am quite firmly out in front in the standings. Once you get used to it you don't even think about it.

xLMx1994
10-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Simple, yet perfect advice. I have raced with all assists off for nearly a whole season and am quite firmly out in front in the standings. Once you get used to it you don't even think about it.

yh i play with medium TCS and ABS off on most tracks. tracks like monaco im am inches away from hitting the wall at every corner. on the limit doesnt describe how i drive around monaco. with ABS off it would just take that little bit to much and when i tried it, i was hitting walls at every corner, damaging front wings and taking off wheels.

OctagonQontrol
10-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Just wondering, for the peeps playing on Expert; you shift back early (so back to high revs) or let it roll and shift back late (back to lower revs)?

I usually put my brake-balance towards the rear, at about 58% to avoid lifting the back while slowing down downshifting & braking at the same time...

x13radx
10-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Just wondering, for the peeps playing on Expert; you shift back early (so back to high revs) or let it roll and shift back late (back to lower revs)?

I usually put my brake-balance towards the rear, at about 58% to avoid lifting the back while slowing down downshifting & braking at the same time...

I usually down-shift slowly and knock it down quicker just as I start to accelerate. It may not be the fastest method, but I rarely spin out or crash doing it like that.

Vytenis
10-06-2010, 08:49 AM

If you're only after the cheevo, take a Ferrari or McLaren around Monza. Put AI on Easy/Dumb, turn off all Assists and drive like you learnt how to ride a bicycle :)

Where U find the AI setting? I searched all possible settings and there is no AI option

SneakyofSneaks
10-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Where U find the AI setting? I searched all possible settings and there is no AI option

Right at the bottom of the custom difficulty options (press A when on the difficulty to bring up the custom options)

f1ferrari
10-06-2010, 10:12 AM
I tend to use the gears to control wheel spin, so if I notice the rear beginning to light up, I'll change up a gear as long as I have decent momentum if not I will come off the accelerator for a very brief time just till I get grip on the rear end again and then reapply but a bit more cautiously.
When it comes to braking I just brake slightly earlier, I'll gently apply the brakes, notice a lock, I come back off and back on them tenths of a seconds, or you'll run wide.
For the slow cars this whole processes is by far much harder, the good teams feel and react a lot better, it's how you know peeps are running easy when they say they won their first season (WC and WCC) in a lotus (or similar).

Vytenis
10-06-2010, 07:39 PM

When U put AI on easy, it says custom difficulty. I dont think that counts, U tried that?

o H i T M a N z
10-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Am i the only person that turned every assist off straight away and never changed it back ?

jacobite
10-07-2010, 07:15 AM
Am i the only person that turned every assist off straight away and never changed it back ?

yeah you might be :)

Im still on easy, I wanted to eat into the achivements first and then have a reall try at winning the WDC on expert but I cant drive using gears so I might have to rethink that.

Doesel
10-07-2010, 07:28 AM

no you're not ;)

Nanbag
10-07-2010, 07:29 AM
is it required to turn off all assists to get the expert achievement? i thought u just had to put the AI on expert?

if this is the case i dont think ill be getting the achievement, i can handle everything but im screwed without the braking line in corners, i simply just dont know all the tracks well enough.

Fifty Two
10-07-2010, 01:24 PM
i turned all mine off as soon as i got the game.

to get the expert achieve you have to put the difficulty on expert, not change any other settings bc once u do that it becomes custom not expert.

rogermacarios
10-07-2010, 07:07 PM
is it required to turn off all assists to get the expert achievement? i thought u just had to put the AI on expert?

if this is the case i dont think ill be getting the achievement, i can handle everything but im screwed without the braking line in corners, i simply just dont know all the tracks well enough.

You just need to practice. I'm in the middle of my 3rd season and I can say I know every track very well now. I do a lot of practice till I get 1st place on practice/qualifying/race.

I've been playing on medium difficult (with no lines and no brake assist) and in my next season I'll try the expert, I know it will be hard, but I think with practice I can handle it (the real challenge will be manual gears).

Barad
10-07-2010, 09:39 PM
I dont it at Monza first try its soo easy trust!

brAnd7onX
10-07-2010, 09:49 PM
This is by far one of the hardest achievements in the game...

o H i T M a N z
10-08-2010, 02:54 PM
I find all driving aids turned off really easy, you just play the game how you would drive a real car, for example you would not exit a corner at full throttle unless your tyres are completly straight, you would not brake at the same time you turn your front wheels.

Just make sure your driving style is as smooth as possible, learn your braking points in practice mode, hit the apex in the dry but not in the wet, press down the accelerator gently do not put the power down until you have exit the corner.

They are the key points i stick too, i like to think im quite good at this game now considering i managed to qualify on pole at Monaco, and win the race at 30% distance without a single incident :)

f1ferrari
10-08-2010, 07:05 PM
i like to think im quite good at this game now considering i managed to qualify on pole at Monaco

Just outa interest buddy, what was your best laptime at monaco? pole time, race time. cheers.

o H i T M a N z
10-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Just outa interest buddy, what was your best laptime at monaco? pole time, race time. cheers.

it was about a 1:16:00 in a lotus

xLMx1994
10-08-2010, 08:22 PM
it was about a 1:16:00 in a lotus

thats a good lap time. about half a second quicker than i can do and i got pole in the lotus as well. was this on expert?

o H i T M a N z
10-08-2010, 08:24 PM
thats a good lap time. about half a second quicker than i can do and i got pole in the lotus as well. was this on expert?

only on medium difficulty, but im more pleased about the fact i didnt hit the walls :) two races to go until my first season is complete, already signed for Ferrari i'll step up to expert difficulty on season 2

xLMx1994
10-08-2010, 08:41 PM
only on medium difficulty, but im more pleased about the fact i didnt hit the walls :) two races to go until my first season is complete, already signed for Ferrari i'll step up to expert difficulty on season 2

im on my second season atm after restarting when my game got corrupt. i joined mercedes and have won the first 4 races :woop: i play on expert but on medium TCS and pit control auto

o H i T M a N z
10-08-2010, 08:44 PM
im on my second season atm after restarting when my game got corrupt. i joined mercedes and have won the first 4 races :woop: i play on expert but on medium TCS and pit control auto

i got a bit worried today when my game froze during an autosave, luckily though it did not corrupt the save file

f1ferrari
10-11-2010, 12:00 PM
1.16 that's awesome mate, your beating your TT times with that.

f1ferrari
10-11-2010, 04:37 PM
i got a bit worried today when my game froze during an autosave, luckily though it did not corrupt the save file

Eek autosave = off for me. so far no probs, although not been doing much career, start looking at that again tonight I think. to busy online lol.

o H i T M a N z
10-12-2010, 09:09 AM
1.16 that's awesome mate, your beating your TT times with that.

Did that really ? i thought i managed a 1:15 in the time trial

f1ferrari
10-12-2010, 09:28 AM
no you got a 1.16 so i would rerun that because you probably at a 1.12-3 based on a 1.16 with a lotus

o H i T M a N z
10-13-2010, 08:29 AM
i doubt it i maybe be able to get a 1:14, but anything faster than that just doesnt seem possible :( btw my Lotus was awesome

f1ferrari
10-13-2010, 09:04 AM
i doubt it i maybe be able to get a 1:14, but anything faster than that just doesnt seem possible :( btw my Lotus was awesome

The reason behind this as you know i done a 1.14.9 but I have just over a sec left over, so I only managed 1.18s in my lotus, I fell with the "ultimate grip ect" you could do much better than your 1.16 in a lotus, stands to reason you could be much faster in a much faster car. and yeah I have notice your 1.15.2 now. lol.

o H i T M a N z
10-13-2010, 11:07 AM
The reason behind this as you know i done a 1.14.9 but I have just over a sec left over, so I only managed 1.18s in my lotus, I fell with the "ultimate grip ect" you could do much better than your 1.16 in a lotus, stands to reason you could be much faster in a much faster car. and yeah I have notice your 1.15.2 now. lol.

Sometimes the Time Trial leaderboards take a while to update, not long ago my brother posted a quick time in a Mercedes, but it said his fastest time was in a Red Bull :confused:.

And yeah my Lotus was really good, thats how i got a 1:16: but when i go into time trials and try and set times in what you think would be much better cars like McLaren, it doesnt seem much better, if anything the McLaren seems harder to drive than my Lotus car in career.

f1ferrari
10-14-2010, 07:55 PM
I prefer the McLaren, miles faster everywhere I go, you using a wheel or controller? only I notice a massive difference between career races and TT and multiplayer.

o H i T M a N z
10-14-2010, 09:03 PM
I prefer the McLaren, miles faster everywhere I go, you using a wheel or controller? only I notice a massive difference between career races and TT and multiplayer.

Im using the controller

f1ferrari
10-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Im using the controller

Yeah same, just wondered if you were using a wheel. well I'm glad your lotus handles, I'll be glad to leave em lol.