PDA

View Full Version : Will I Get Banned?

Panic!
10-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Last night, I was playing some American twat on FIFA 11 going by the name of 'martins19boss' or something along those lines. Anyways, he was Man United and I was Real Madrid and of course, he had a mic on.

Throughout the game, he accused me of 'modding the system' and 'cheating to win' because his was apparently lagging. I tried to explain to him but I got so sick of him that I took out the mic. I was leading 3-2 and on the last minute, he missed an open net...and guess what? He fuckin' blames me for it!

Next thing I know, I put back in the mic and sarcastically ask him how the hack was and told him to prove that I hacked it. He then sent me messages saying that it was my fault he had lost, my fault that his was lagging, and that I had modded everything on the game. When I replied that I was reporting him for abusive language because he was calling me all sorts he then replied that he was going to continuously report me for modding, when I've done nothing.

Will I get banned?

CodSteaks
10-05-2010, 06:24 PM
If you weren't modding, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. There's no way Microsoft can ban everyone who's ever been accused of it without any proof. And if you weren't doing anything wrong, there won't be any proof.

SSJ3
10-05-2010, 06:35 PM
No you won't get banned he was probably just pissed, oh BTW Americans aren't twats.

Panic!
10-05-2010, 06:45 PM
No you won't get banned he was probably just pissed, oh BTW Americans aren't twats.

I wasn't calling Americans twats, I was calling him one. Thx anyways guys, I'm now confident no action will be taken against me :).

Vanilla Coke Zero
10-05-2010, 07:12 PM
don't worry about that prick. you won't get banned. some people aren't mature enough to use mics in online games it seems.

MC B0B x360a
10-05-2010, 07:53 PM
If i am online with friends i use a mic, if i am by myself there is no way in the world i would use a mic. the gaming communtity can be cool but there is still a large majority that makes it horrible.

JAW LV
10-05-2010, 07:59 PM
If i am online with friends i use a mic, if i am by myself there is no way in the world i would use a mic. the gaming communtity can be cool but there is still a large majority that makes it horrible.

I am the same way; I only use a mic if I am playing with a friend.

OT- You'll be fine, in fact you shouldn't even worry about it since you didn't mod anything... right?!?!

padraiglovesyou
10-05-2010, 09:39 PM
You didnt mod anything. Why would you be worried at all?

Gackt
10-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Actually I think he will end up getting banned for constantly filing complaints on you, pretty sure I read you can get banned for abusing the complaint system lol. Don't worry about getting banned though if youve done nothing wrong : )

ShaneForWax
10-05-2010, 10:27 PM
He may very well be the one to be banned for
1) Abusing the microphone in such a way.
2) Filing incorrect complaints constantly against you.

Don't worry. Be happy. Keep on truckin' and just keep playin'. Perhaps you should have explained to him also that the fact that the distance between you two might have something to do with it.

Sir JL
10-05-2010, 10:33 PM
You'll be alright. I've sometimes had connection issues when I play with people outside the United States. Other than that, he's probably bluffing. No worries, keep up the good Fifa play:)

DudeWithTheFace
10-05-2010, 11:21 PM
You'll be fine. Microsoft can absolutely tell when something is up..

bapae
10-05-2010, 11:24 PM
It doesn't matter how many times he reports you for it they will only recieve one complaint and you were not doing it so you wont get banned now if you were then i would be worried.

Corrupt.
10-06-2010, 01:34 AM
This happens quite often. If MS responded to all these false accusations they'd have to treble their workforce...

Painkiller Q8
10-06-2010, 07:39 AM
Maybe, who knows ! Xbox live banning system is random !

I got 1 day banned just for a motto, and it wasn't that bad actually ;/

hydrosugar
10-06-2010, 08:17 AM
it was just lag which is nothing new in ea games, microsoft cant do anything to you from the complaints of the first 12 year old ever to play a game where someone doesnt die every 10 sec

ShaneForWax
10-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Maybe, who knows ! Xbox live banning system is random !

I got 1 day banned just for a motto, and it wasn't that bad actually ;/

It isn't 'random'. Mottos may not seem that bad to you, but to the mods, it just might be.

TacticalTodger
10-06-2010, 09:25 AM
You won't be banned but American twat lol,you give english this racist name we've been given. But the connection between Usa & England is usually bad so it's not really modding...

Eminent
10-06-2010, 10:56 AM
He probably just got mad

Raving Reverend
10-06-2010, 12:23 PM
As everyone's already said, yeah, you'll not get banned - If it were true that you get banned for people filing complaints, don't you think modded lobbies wouldn't exist for fear of the dreaded rat.

Also, to the guy who's sig says Skate 2 achievements (I'm new, don't complain), I can help if you like - I have all the DLC and all Achievements. It may be a while before I can get it back (I lent it to a mate) but when I do I'll msg you.

luuwat
10-06-2010, 02:57 PM
you will get banned if he says you will get banned lol

Yaymez
10-07-2010, 09:58 AM
From a business point of view you have something called customer retention. This basically means that each customer that pays for and is loyal to is treated as a valuable commodity. Without customers you don't have a successful business right?

So in order to maintain that they would need to look at each case fairly and objectively. First you have the two people involved:

The Accuser
This player is the one who is causing you grief, he is somehow convinced for whatever reason that you were cheating. And wants something done about it. The idea that someone he is playing with is cheating upsets him and makes him angry. So he goes for the only option of defense he has - to accuse you of cheating and tell you he is going to report you. But is ultimately left with the worry, that the next person he groups with might be cheating.

The Accused
Now you have the guy who is accused of all this. In this case it's you. The claims being made against you about cheating upset you and make you angry. So you go for the only option of defense you have - to argue that you aren't cheating and to post your concerns on this site. But you are ultimately left with the worry, that the next person you group with might accuse you of cheating and Microsoft will ban you.

See the similarities between the two?

Here you have two very concerned people on either side of the fence. Microsoft makes alot of money from its products and customers. This means, in theory that they should have a fairly decent customer support team investigating these claims and to back the product up. This is a fundamental aspect of business that supports a customer base.

If this is the case (and i'm pretty sure it is) it means that you and the other player don't have anything to worry about. You can sit back and not worry about being banned just because the other guy is accusing you of something. The accuser can sit back and be safe in the knowledge that XBOX support will have a look into it.

This means that the company has managed to help resolve a situation objectively, fairly and with due dilligence. Win win :uzi:

oO Renf Oo
10-07-2010, 10:08 AM
From a business point of view you have something called customer retention. This basically means that each customer that pays for and is loyal to is treated as a valuable commodity. Without customers you don't have a successful business right?

So in order to maintain that they would need to look at each case fairly and objectively. First you have the two people involved:

The Accuser
This player is the one who is causing you grief, he is somehow convinced for whatever reason that you were cheating. And wants something done about it. The idea that someone he is playing with is cheating upsets him and makes him angry. So he goes for the only option of defense he has - to accuse you of cheating and tell you he is going to report you. But is ultimately left with the worry, that the next person he groups with might be cheating.

The Accused
Now you have the guy who is accused of all this. In this case it's you. The claims being made against you about cheating upset you and make you angry. So you go for the only option of defense you have - to argue that you aren't cheating and to post your concerns on this site. But you are ultimately left with the worry, that the next person you group with might accuse you of cheating and Microsoft will ban you.

See the similarities between the two?

Here you have two very concerned people on either side of the fence. Microsoft makes alot of money from its products and customers. This means, in theory that they should have a fairly decent customer support team investigating these claims and to back the product up. This is a fundamental aspect of business that supports a customer base.

If this is the case (and i'm pretty sure it is) it means that you and the other player don't have anything to worry about. You can sit back and not worry about being banned just because the other guy is accusing you of something. The accuser can sit back and be safe in the knowledge that XBOX support will have a look into it.

This means that the company has managed to help resolve a situation objectively, fairly and with due dilligence. Win win :uzi:

I nominate you for - Best Reply of the Year: 2010!! Seriously...Nicely done man... ;)

To the thread poster...Read the above explanation...Hits the nail on the head...To Xbox...You're both important, paying customers, so to sack eiher of you would be of detremental effect to them...It's a practical garuntee neither of you will be...Rest easy and keep slaying 'um on fifa mate... :)

Panic!
10-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Cheers guy. Best post of '10 by Yaymez right there.

ITD Soldierboy
10-08-2010, 03:40 AM
This means that the company has managed to help resolve a situation objectively, fairly and with due dilligence. Win win

I think you meant to say Win-Win-Win since everybody wins.

cav1man
10-08-2010, 04:07 AM
Last night, I was playing some American twat on FIFA 11 going by the name of 'martins19boss' or something along those lines. Anyways, he was Man United and I was Real Madrid and of course, he had a mic on.

Throughout the game, he accused me of 'modding the system' and 'cheating to win' because his was apparently lagging. I tried to explain to him but I got so sick of him that I took out the mic. I was leading 3-2 and on the last minute, he missed an open net...and guess what? He fuckin' blames me for it!

Next thing I know, I put back in the mic and sarcastically ask him how the hack was and told him to prove that I hacked it. He then sent me messages saying that it was my fault he had lost, my fault that his was lagging, and that I had modded everything on the game. When I replied that I was reporting him for abusive language because he was calling me all sorts he then replied that he was going to continuously report me for modding, when I've done nothing.

Will I get banned?

Personally, it sounds like you kicked the crap out of him. Missed an open net? Get a life!! Or maybe his mod was not better than yours! :woop: Just kidding. Had to stick that one in there for the "American Twat" statement. (To some of us "American's" that refer's to something a little sweet, hot, tart & tight.) Okay...enough of that. You should be just fine. And remind me not to challenge you in FIFA II!!!!! Good Job!!!

And Yaymez..........YOU ROCK HARD!!!!

zIReVoLVeRIz
10-08-2010, 12:28 PM
As long as you wernt modding you shouldnt have anything to worry about hate bks like tht myself.

Yaymez
10-08-2010, 02:01 PM
I think you meant to say Win-Win-Win since everybody wins.

Good point :) I reckon you can never have too many wins to be honest \o/

X360a Licey
10-08-2010, 03:21 PM
I don't know why....but I always have bad experiences with Americans and Fifa D:

Xenovive
10-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Microsoft are good at what they do, and they wont do anything with out conclusive proof so youll be fine!

dakisbac
10-13-2010, 04:01 PM
No modding = no banning. You're fine TC.

Actually I think he will end up getting banned for constantly filing complaints on you, pretty sure I read you can get banned for abusing the complaint system lol. Don't worry about getting banned though if youve done nothing wrong : )

Unfortunately not. Once you've filed a complain against someone any subsequent reports against the same person don't even go through. Abuse of the system would be reporting every player you meet, and/or getting your friends to file a complaint as well.

SillyXP
10-21-2010, 01:18 AM
nothing to worry about if u havent modded :p

TriRock
10-21-2010, 03:21 AM
You know you can 'mute' people, don't you?

PineappleM5
10-21-2010, 05:13 AM
Nopee. Samething happned too me A couplee Months ago. It was pretty funny tho.

Bleeding Star
10-21-2010, 08:19 AM
You didnt mod anything. Why would you be worried at all?

thats not always the way it works

I've seen people banned for no reason what so ever just due to constant reporting

Ice Car
10-21-2010, 08:24 AM

Will I get banned?
Instead of telling him you were going to report him, just note that he still didn't give a reason why he "knew" you were modding, or reply "UMAD" or something.

If you don't want backlash like that from some dickbag, report them, and don't tell them. Then you won't get any shit dereps or reports or anything.

And like others have already said, I doubt they will ban you without proof.

(I see you already got your question answered, but I want to answer the OP to be ontopic.)

Bleeding Star
10-21-2010, 08:32 AM
or reply "UMAD" or something.

One of the worst "comebacks" I have ever heard on XBLive

Ice Car
10-21-2010, 08:36 AM
One of the worst "comebacks" I have ever heard on XBLive
Hmm. I guess it is. (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/u-mad) /sarcasm

This is probably stating the obvious assuming everyone here knows internet terms well.

mitchcraft1980
10-21-2010, 09:13 AM
i feel so sorry for u dude, you seem to meet the most horrendous people to play on xboxlive that there is lol .. lets see you have been threatened for microsoft points, blamed for lagging, accused of hacking .. blamed for a teenage birth of a homosapian chimpanzee from th planet zog an all sorts lol.. what have you done boy to meet these muppets lmao, start taking these fools with a pinch of salt and jeysus go answer my question about if you get nervous before playing multiplayer ... god you must be a nervous wreck wondering who the hell your going to meet next lmfao !!!

Evo Kazz
10-21-2010, 10:31 AM
You'll be fine. Microsoft can absolutely tell when something is up..

Totally, if your innocent, read the above and relax, the amount of times I have been threatened, even by people on this site. If MS acted on false accusations I would have been banned ten times over, but I stick to the rules anally, and always brush these idiots to one side, as MS suggests, delete, block, move on.