PDA

View Full Version : Scoring 100% completion without getting DLC

Dervicious
10-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Hello,

I know this issue has probably been brought up numerous times, but I just couldn't find it on the forums. Please spare me from the "omg dude there's a search button for a reason" posts. I know.

Anyway, I was wondering if it is possible to get completion on a game that has DLC which expanded the title's amount of achievements without getting the DLC.

Let's use Red Dead Redemption as an example. What if I were to buy the game with no intentions of getting DLC? If I choose not to update the game when I am prompted, does that prevent me from having the new unlocked achievements added to my gamercard?

Chaosx721
10-05-2010, 09:28 PM
No, you can't prevent DLC achievements being added to your gamercard. Signing in to Live will update it no matter what. I know it can be annoying, but what some people fail to understand is that the XBL servers have all this games in their database, so when a game gets updated on their servers with new achievements, your gamercard is going to get updated no matter what.

Corrupt.
10-06-2010, 03:25 AM
omg dude there's a search button for a reason :p

Sly Toad
10-06-2010, 04:31 AM
On the dashboard it will show that you have the game completed if you didn't update the game, but xbox.com will show the DLC achievements whether you updated the game or not.

w1nn3r1
10-06-2010, 04:34 AM
They're right (well, the second and fourth posts are. :p) There's really no way around it. It's forever the reason I haven't technically gotten 100% on Splinter Cell: Conviction.

ashleary
10-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Ah man its the ever raging argument! Blooming M$ forcing us to have the space for DLC achievements on our cards when we havent downloaded it.

Ah bless their communist like ways :D

Dervicious
10-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Thank you for the straight up replies. I guess I can live with incomplete achievements due to there being DLC that I never got. :drunk

The Tarbender
10-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Well that just answered the question I was about to start looking for. I am almost done getting the 1000 in Dante's Inferno and was wondering if I'd still get the picture added to my complete card, but I guess NO is the answer to that.

bigbear2face
10-07-2010, 03:40 PM
It is kind of annoying that XBL automatically updates achievement lists whether you have the DLC content or not but there are ways around it. For instance I 1000/1000'd Borderlands while I was living with my old roommates but haven't played the DLC since it was one of their games. I liked the game but not enough to go buy a copy to play the DLC.

I then bought a copy to give to my brother for his birthday but since I got it used I wanted to make sure it worked before I gave it to him but I didn't want it to update the achievements. So I unplugged my wireless adapter put the game in and played it for about 20mins to make sure that there weren't any immediately noticable problems.

I guess my point is, if you want to play a game you've 1000/1000'd but don't want XBL to automatically update the achievement list unplug your internet connection to your Xbox. You could also play a game on a seperate profile not connected to XBL. However, that profile probably won't have all your saves.