PDA

View Full Version : problem...

hydrosugar
10-06-2010, 08:54 AM
ok ive been offline for a few days and when i try to sign into xbox live it says my account has been suspended due to a problem with my payment option. that in itself makes microsoft look like a bunch of shifty greedy assholes. but no matter what i do i cant get my profile to sign in online. i can connect to live when i test connection,but then am signed out. and when i sign in it comes up again saying that stupid message again. i try to update my profile but the only option it gives me really is to add a new credit card which i cant do. it doesnt make sense im not buying anything but because of a payment option problem which i doubt even exists i cant log in period.

any ideas guys:confused:

Eminent
10-06-2010, 10:58 AM
ok ive been offline for a few days and when i try to sign into xbox live it says my account has been suspended due to a problem with my payment option. that in itself makes microsoft look like a bunch of shifty greedy assholes. but no matter what i do i cant get my profile to sign in online. i can connect to live when i test connection,but then am signed out. and when i sign in it comes up again saying that stupid message again. i try to update my profile but the only option it gives me really is to add a new credit card which i cant do. it doesnt make sense im not buying anything but because of a payment option problem which i doubt even exists i cant log in period.

Call Microsoft.

x MrsMassacre x
10-06-2010, 11:03 AM
call Microsoft. I think you have to have a valid credit card in your info though.

OneSweetShannon
10-06-2010, 03:16 PM
If you're on auto-renew and your card expires, you still are obligated to put a valid form of payment on it by your renewal agreement. You can then cancel auto-renewal going forward, but you're obligated for at least the missed payment that couldn't go through. But call Microsoft, they may be able to do something. If you do end up adding a card information, cancel the auto-renew right away so you don't have this happen again. Good luck!

Corrupt.
10-06-2010, 10:25 PM
I had this the other day. I lost my credit card, so they sent me a new card with a new number, etc. As the card info was no longer valid, I had this message. I had to put my new card details in to make it go away...

xTGMx INF3RNO
10-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Yh basically there summit up with ya card so u have to either put details in agen or use a diffo card

BSC YoungBoy
10-07-2010, 12:49 AM
ok ive been offline for a few days and when i try to sign into xbox live it says my account has been suspended due to a problem with my payment option. that in itself makes microsoft look like a bunch of shifty greedy assholes.

if its a problem with your credit card then why blame microsoft?

hydrosugar
10-07-2010, 08:07 AM
im blaming them because i dont care whether or not i renew anything i just want to get online and the fact that they dont let me do that at all is very sus

anyways il guess ill check it out then call them thanks guys:)

ApochWeiss
10-07-2010, 08:45 AM
I went through this shit too. I take it you had auto-renew. Unless you discontinue the auto-renew before the policy goes into effect, if it cannot charge your card, they, for some reason, lock your account. I went two weeks without being able to sign on because I didn't have $10. I called Microsoft and they played dumb. I told them to avoid this, I bought a monthly subscription card (hence why I didn't have the money).

DON'T DO THAT!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T DO IT!

Put money on your card to cover the renew charge you had in the first place. Then, when you do, try signing on. That doesn't work, go into the change payment options and mess around with that, it should charge your card. If not, call Microsoft and tell them to charge your card. When they get the money your gold.

However, if you buy a subscription card and input it, it makes the card INVALID! I had a $20 3 month card sitting here, unused, but apparently registered from when I tried to put that into the console for live to show I paid instead of having it taken out of my card. I contacted Microsoft and they said that I used the card, but I was never credited for it. Each month they said it would show the next billing cycle, then just lost the apparen confirmation all together, mysteriously, after I copped an attitude with someone.

I suggest you do what I'm going to do from now on: Buy a 1 year card with cash. Less of a hassle, and less of a chance you can't use the free portion of Xbox Live because you had bills to pay.

hydrosugar
10-10-2010, 10:49 AM
well first of ive been too lazy to call them lol.
im just gonna put in a new card and see what happens from there

also ive never bought a a subscription/ms points from a retail outlet since it tends to cost more but 1 i yr subscription with cash does seem pretty smart after this bs

i mean microsoft arent letting me enjoy the free services of silver because i cant spend money...and thats putting the situation lightly

if the ps3 had a online community of more than 6 people i wouldve got one of those

thanks for the tips anyways